Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ What Have I Done? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh *points at a random guy walking down the street* That guy didn't put a disclaimer on his fanfic! Sue him! *Kazuki Takahashi and other Yu-Gi-Oh people chase the guy down* >_>;;;;;

Yuuka: I'm just gonna skip straight to the chapter. *sees Yami chasing Seto and swinging his Millennium Puzzle in the air* -__-;

". . ." = speaking, `. . .' = thinking, //. . .// = Yami's thoughts to Yuugi, / . . ./ = Yuugi's thoughts to Yami, [. . . ] = my notes.

[oh yeah and `yamete' does mean stop it ^^;]

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 10: What have I done?

Seto pressed the gun against the side of Yuugi's head as it made a clicking sound. He wrapped his other arm around Yuugi's torso protectively. "Come any closer and I pull the trigger." He rasped as he held Yuugi tighter. "I swear to the gods I'll do it." Thank Ra Yuugi was unconscious at this point. If he was awake he'd be screaming for Yami to take him away from this nightmare.

I could see the fear hiding in Yami's eyes, but not as well as the anger in them. I motioned for him to take a step backwards. He saw me from the corner of his eye and did as I instructed him to. "Please, Seto, don't hurt him." He whispered, outstretching his hands. "Let me take Yuugi home."

"I'll never let you have him." Seto retorted, narrowing his eyes and resting his chin on the top of Yuugi's head. "You don't deserve this boy, Yami. He should stay with someone that'll treat him right."

//Keep talking to him. . .// I urged Yami with my thoughts. He eyed me again and scoffed at Seto, crossing his arms against his chest. "Someone that will treat Yuugi right?! Ha! Seto, you were on the verge of raping my Aibou, and now you're threatening to shoot him. That really isn't the way you're supposed to treat someone you love."

"Shut up." Seto growled, pressing the gun against Yuugi's head harder. Yami was so scared of what Seto would do to his Hikari that he was making pleas in Egyptian. He only used his native language when he wasn't thinking straight enough to say something the people around him could understand. I was the only person in the room that could understand him, and I wish I couldn't. I wanted to cover my ears as he spoke through hidden tears, but I had a job to do. Giving Yami the final signal, I slowly crept up behind Seto with my old Egyptian staff in hand.

Yami held up his hands while pleading for Seto to stop. "Don't do this, Seto! Anything but this!" I could hear him say in Egyptian. "Yuugi means everything to me! Please!"

Seto too was yelling in a different language, this time Japanese. I inched closer towards him, raising my staff higher. The long golden staff in my hand was from back in Egypt. It wasn't a Millennium Item, but it was still valuable to me. Yelling out a curse in Egyptian, I swung the staff down directly above Seto's head. My supposed `sneak attack' set off a chain reaction.

"Baka!" Seto yelled as he caught my staff in mid air with the hand that held Yuugi earlier. I gasped when he took hold of it; I thought he couldn't sense me when I was hiding in the shadows behind him. A second later, he flung me back and turned around. Pointing the gun at me, he pulled the trigger and shot me in the face, making me ram into the wall hard from the force of the bullet.

I could hear Yami shout my name. I could feel the pain surging through my head. I could even hear myself scream. I also knew that I didn't have much time. Covering my face and the Sennen Eye that was burning on my forehead, I raised my hand and shot a giant wave of dark energy in Seto's direction. The dark magic acted like a tidal wave and hit everything and everyone in it's path. Seto went flying through the open doorway, crashing into the staircase and knocking him out cold. Yuugi's body was flung back as well, but Yami caught him and held him tightly as he hit the wall opposite of me. Yami let out an anguished cry of pain as he felt his ribs break when he and Yuugi came in contact with the wall.

[Switching to Yami POV now. Lucky me! I got shot by Seto so Yuugi and Yami didn't have to get hurt! XD]

~ * ~

I opened my eyes hesitantly. Was I still alive? That gunshot and energy blast were just a little too much for me to take. Looking down at what was in my arms, I realized that I was alive, but barely. Turning Yuugi around so that he was facing me, I looked over his body for any injuries. He was badly beaten by Seto, I swore to Ra that I'd get my revenge. //Aibou? Aibou, can you hear me?//

Yuugi didn't answer, telling me he was still unconscious. //Don't worry, Aibou. Yuuka and I will get you home.// Lifting my head, I could feel the pain pulse through my body. It felt like every single bone in my body was broken. I turned my gaze to the other side of the room and saw Yuuka on her knees, covering her face with one hand and grasping her staff with the other. "Yuuka! Are you okay?!"

"I'll kill him!!!" Yuuka screamed through her sobs in Egyptian, tying to stop the blood trickling down her face. "I'll fucking kill that Seto Kaiba!!! I'm going to take my fucking staff and shove it down his fucking throat!!!" She raised her staff and pointed it to the gun laying several feet away, engulfing it in black flames and turning it into ashes.

This wasn't going well. I had to scream back at her in the same language to get her attention. "Yuuka! Bring us back to the game shop so we can take care of our injuries, including yours!" I yelled limping towards her with Yuugi in my arms. Yuuka nodded and staggered up as she used up her remaining magic to get us back.

~ * ~

Yuuka's friends were waiting at the game shop. They were surprised to see them return in such a critical condition. Ceraya took Yuugi in and Tsuki Yami. Sakura had her Millennium Flower with her, so she used its powers to partially heal their wounds. She ran out of magic and became exhausted before she could help Yuuka. When she was shot the bullet had only brushed against her face, if it hit her directly she would've been dead by now.

When Maiko finished bandaging up Yuuka's wound in the bathroom, she led her friend into the living area across the hall where the others were. Tsuki was looking out the window at the dark sky. Ceraya was leaning against the recliner Sakura slept in, who was exhausted from using so much of her powers in one night. Yami kneeled beside the couch Yuugi was laying on, watching over him in concern.

//Aibou. . .Please wake up. . .// Yami placed his hand on Yuugi's as tears formed in the corners of his crimson eyes. He bowed his head and cursed himself. "This is all my fault. . ."

"No it isn't." Maiko said from the doorway as they came in. "You can't be held responsible for what happened to Yuugi. As much as I hate to admit it. . .it's Seto-kun's fault. He's the one that tried to, to. . .r-rape Y-Yuugi." She had a difficult time trying to say the `r' word.

"Yes it IS my fault. . ." Yami muttered, resting his head on the couch beside Yuugi. "It's my fault Yuugi was almost raped. It's my fault Yuugi was beaten up. It's my fault that Yuuka was shot. All because I closed my link with Yuugi. . ."

Ceraya gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. "Oh my god. . .You didn't. . ."

Yami nodded bitterly, shutting his eyes tight again. "It was only going to be for an hour or two, when I thought he was over at Tsuki's house. . .I -"

"How could you?!" Ceraya exploded, jumping up and walking over to the couch. "Just for an hour or two?! Just for a - ugh! Don't you know what could happen in that amount of time?! Think of what happened to Yuugi!" She screamed, pointing to the boy resting on the couch. "He was only at Seto's mansion for less than what, a half-hour?! If Yuugi had been trapped there for `just an hour or two' Seto would've succeeded in what he tried to do! For all we know, Yuugi could've been - "

"That's enough, Ceraya-chan!" Yuuka interrupted as she stood between her and Yami, who was feeling guiltier each time Ceraya had shouted at him. "Yami's been through enough already! You shouldn't hurt him further by putting the blame on him!" When Ceraya apologized and returned to her original sitting place, Yuuka knelt down beside Yami and put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Ceraya's right. . ." Yami said as he gripped onto Yuugi's pale hand, tears streaming down his face. "I should never have closed our link! What in the name of Ra was I thinking?!"

Yuuka didn't know what to do. On impulse, she gave Yami an awkward hug. "It was an honest mistake, Yami. You never knew that something like this would happen. It isn't your fault, don't feel so bad."

~ * ~

Yami woke up early in the morning the next day since he couldn't sleep well. Emerging from the Puzzle, he saw Yuugi sleeping peacefully on his bed. //Aibou. . .are you okay?// He sighed when he got no response. Yuugi needed more time to recover. He couldn't go to school that day. Yami was about to pick up the phone so he could tell the school when he heard the doorbell ring and rushed downstairs.

"Who is it?"

"Yuuka. Just passing by on the way to school. Could I come in?"

Yami opened the door and let her come in, flashing a weary smile. Yuuka smiled back. "So how's Yuugi doing?" She asked quietly as she followed Yami upstairs.

"Sakura used her powers to heal me and Yuugi, so his injuries aren't that bad. There are only a couple bruises on his body left. The only thing that's bothering me is the fact that he hasn't woken up yet, or at least moved in his sleep." Yami opened the door to Yuugi's room and pointed to the bed where he was resting.

Yuuka nodded at him and walked inside. Kneeling beside the bed, she placed a hand on Yuugi's forehead and stared down at his still face. "Yuugi doesn't have a fever or anything, so he should be fine. Maybe he just needs a bit more rest."

Yami knelt down beside her and looked at his Hikari fondly. //Wake up soon, Aibou. . ."

~ * ~

[dream]

"Baka!"

I could hear something in the background. A swift whooshing sound, and something metal hitting an object near me. Then there was a loud bang in my ears. My eardrums nearly popped at the sound. My body was dropped and I hit my head again. It hurt. My eyes were closed and my hearing was terrible for some reason. I couldn't see, couldn't move. . .

"YUUKA!!!"

Another loud thumping sound. A girl screaming, and a guy calling her name from afar. Something wet splattered my face. I tried my best to open my eyes. There was red stuff on my cheek and the carpet in front of me. Blood?

The girl screamed something in a language I couldn't understand. Suddenly, my body was flung into the air, as if I were a rag doll caught in a hurricane wind. Only this wind was black, ice-cold, and cut my skin like a razor. Someone from behind caught me and the both of us hit something hard. The man that caught me cried out in pain as we struck the wall with great force.

//Aibou? Aibou, can you hear me?// I heard the man call in a gentle but pained voice. //Don't worry, Aibou. Yuuka and I will get you home.//

I could barely hear what he was saying, but I knew who just rescued me. It was Yami, and Yuuka was the one that got shot and conjured up that strange black wind. They came to help me, but from what? Oh, now I remember. . .Seto Kaiba. . .

"Yuuka! Are you okay?!" Yami called out in a worried tone of voice. I could open my eyes fully now. My vision was still blurred, but I could see Yuuka on her knees in front of the wall opposite us trying to stop her face from bleeding.

Yuuka began to scream in a strange language as she cried from the pain. Despite her serious injury, she stood up and used this long golden staff for support as she limped over to us. As she did, Yami picked me up and forced me to stand up. I winced as he gripped my arms tightly. "Ouch! Yami-kun! Let go!" Yami didn't listen to me, he just stared straight ahead at Yuuka as he tightened his grip. All of a sudden he threw me to the wall saying, "Move and I'll hurt you." He stood beside Yuuka and crossed his arms.

A pair of dark brown eyes stared down at me hatefully. Yuuka turned and said something to Yami in what I finally guessed was Egyptian. She smirked as he replied in a low voice. Walking over to me, Yuuka lifted on of her black ankle boots and placed it on my chest, slowly applying pressure to it.

"Aaah! Yuuka-chan! Yamete!" I cried as Yuuka's foot crushed my chest. Why was she doing this, especially after saving me from Seto? And Yami too. . . `Move and I'll hurt you'? What was going on? Like Yami did, Yuuka ignored my cries and laughed. She pushed her foot down harder. I heard a crack inside my chest as my ribs slowly broke one by one.

/Yami-kun! Tell her to stop! Onegai!/ I cried through our link desperately. Yami just looked down at me in disgust and frowned. /Yami-kun! She's - she's hurting m-me! M-make her. . .make her st-stop!/

"Stop?" Yuuka questioned sarcastically as her voice mimicked a sweet-sounding tone. "You want me to stop, Yuugi? Want me to take my foot off your chest before I break every bone in it?" I nodded, coughing up blood and choking on it. Her smirk became crueler as she threw her head back and burst out laughing. "Your `Yami-kun' isn't listening to a single thing you're saying, so why should I?!" Yuuka stomped on my chest painfully. I screamed. I couldn't breathe anymore. . ."

"Ja ne, Aibou." Yami finally said as Yuuka slowly killed me.

My vision blurred even more as I looked up at Yami. I heard another sickening crack inside my chest. /WHY, YAMI-KUN?!/ I screamed as Yuuka broke another rib. /TELL ME! YOU SAID THAT YOU LOVED ME!/

Yami scoffed, frowning at me in even more disgust. //I did? You must've heard me wrong, Aibou. I don't love you, // He held Yuuka's hand in his and kissed it tenderly before answering, //I love Yuuka.//

With a final kick to my chest, my whole world turned black as I died.

[end dream]

~ * ~

Yuugi yelled out as he shot up in bed suddenly. Yuuka withdrew her hand from his forehead and fell backwards. Yami gasped and stared first at Yuuka, then Yuugi. "Aibou, you're awake!" he exclaimed, looking up at him.

Yuugi stared at who called out to him. `. . .Is it really. . .? Yami. . .?' He blinked twice before looking at his surroundings. Seeing Yuuka sitting there beside his darker half, Yuugi whimpered in fear. `Oh god no. . .please no. . .' He backed up against the wall and pulled his legs up to his chest as he cried.

"Yuugi? What's wrong?" Yuuka got up and reached a hand out to Yuugi.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Yuugi screamed, slapping away her hand. He pushed himself closer to the wall and glared at Yuuka angrily. "DON'T TOUCH ME, YOU MONSTER!"

Yuuka held her hand close to her face, staring at Yuugi with wide eyes. Yami turned to his other half and glared at him. "Aibou! Don't do that!" He scolded Yuugi like a father would. "Yuuka's was just concerned when you woke up like that!"

"SHUT UP!" Yuugi spat out as his glare turned towards Yami. "HOW COULD YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO ME?! HOW?! I TRUSTED YOU!"

"Aibou, what are you talking about?!" Yami exclaimed as more tears streamed down Yuugi's face. "What did I do?! I didn't do anything!"

"YES YOU DID!" Yuugi choked out through sobs. "YOU LEFT ME AT SETO'S HOUSE! YOU LEFT ME THERE TO BE RAPED AND KILLED BY THAT BASTARD! YOU AND YUUKA! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CALLED FOR YOU?! YOU NEVER ANSWERED! NOT ONCE!"

"Yami didn't hear you because he couldn't!" Yuuka protested as she stood up. "If he could hear you he wouldn't ignore you! He -"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM, BITCH!" Yuugi screamed, pointing a finger at Yuuka. "GET OUT OF HERE! TAKE YOUR GODDAMN `BOYFRIEND' AND GET OUTTA MY FREAKIN HOUSE! I NEVER WANNA SEE SETO AND YOU TWO EVER AGAIN!"

Out of fear and hurt, the two ran out of Yuugi's room and slammed the door. "Kami-sama. . .what's gotten into Yuugi. . .?" Yami muttered as his crimson eyes softened.

"I don't know what Yuugi was talking about. . ." Yuuka whispered, still holding the hand Yuugi slapped away moments ago. "I definitely don't want to know." She sniffled and wiped away the tears threatening to fall. "I'm sorry, Yami, but I can't stay here any longer. What Yuugi said to us was just too much for me. I promise that after school I'll bring the others so that they can help." She ran down the stairs and out the door before Yami could apologize or say goodbye.

//Aibou. . .onegai. . .talk to me// Yami begged through their link as he rested a hand on the locked door. Again he didn't get a response, but this time it was because Yuugi was ignoring him. Giving up, Yami fell to the floor and covered his face, crying silently while listening to the sound of Yuugi still screaming from the other side of the door.

Yami: wtf was that?! I don't cry! I never cry!

Yuuka: Well you cry in this chapter. And at least I didn't make you sob like a baby so deal with it.

Yami: And what was with my Aibou?! You gave him pms or something!

Yuuka: Shut up and quit complaining. This is an angst fic so there's supposed to be lots of things like this. *coughs* Well, hope you people liked this chapter. I'm so sorry I `hurt' Yuugi like that in the dream! >< *wonders what else she's supposed to apologize for* Uh. . .everything? O.o; I dunno, R/R KUDASAI! YOU'LL REVIEW IF YOU WANT SETO TO SAY SORRY AND YUUGI AND YAMI TO GET BACK TOGETHER! IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS THAT SLUT ANZU!