Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Science Project ❯ Science Project ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

- SCIENCE PROJECT -

** Eva, Fyre, and the rest of their family went and lived in a house that was made of real bricks and not lego. The summer was over and they were back in school for a whole new year of hard slave labour on new and more difficult classes and projects.

+++++

<First Period>

"RING" went the school bell, and all the students who were scattered in various groups throughout the classroom sat in their desks, although they kept speaking.

<Seating Plan:

Teacher's Desk

Ms. Khan

First Row Second Row Third Row

Joey/Tristan student/student student/student

Eva/Yugi Téa/student no one/no one

Bakura/no one no one/ no one Fyre/Kaiba>

Ms. Khan: Settle down class!.... settle down... sett-... SHUT UP!!!

Class: ...

<class is silent>

Ms. Khan: Hi, I will be your biology teacher this year. My name is Ms. Khan. Now, for the start of this new unit, I want each of you to do a *fun* culminating task that will be worth 10% of your final grade. This project requires partners and you will be doing research on a part of the human anatomy and presenting it to the class in form of an oral report. Now everyone come up and get your sheets, and pick and approve your partners and research topics with me.

>><all students talk among themselves>

<partners:

Joey, Tristan -> "We'll do the fist - Oops, we mean hand."

Eva, Yugi -> "And we'll do the human heart."

Téa, Bakura -> "I suppose we shall do... let us think..."

Fyre, Seto -> "We'll reserve the human brain for us.">

Ms. Khan: Alright, brainstorm for the rest of the class, and your research is for homework. There will be on library day, but that's all the class time you'll get.

<After a while, class ends. Fyre and Seto have a spare 2nd period, while the rest of the gang have to go to class>

Fyre: Have fun in CLASS, Eva! <Evil grin>

Yugi: Don't worry about them. We get our spare next semester while they go to class, so you can make fun of them later if you want.

<Eva and Yugi go to Math Class>

** Yugi: So, how are we going to do our presentation?

Eva: <thinks> Hm, Maybe we could dissect a heart..

Yugi: That's gross, Eva.

Eva: Ya, well, with Kaiba and Fyre in our class this year, we're gonna have to try really hard.

Yugi: We don't have to do better than them in order to get a good mark, ya know,

Eva: Fyre and I are always in direct competition due to our sibling rivalry, Yug. You wouldn't understand...

Yugi: I guess not.

Teacher: Shut up you two and work on your algebra problems!

Eva: <whispering> Fine. We'll just paste some pics and info and stuff on a piece of bristol board.

<Téa and Bakura decided to do the digestive system.>

>>Bakura: Hey, you guys are in my class, too?

Téa: Yeah, we're like one big happy family! ^^ But where's Seto and Fyre?

Yugi: They've got a spare. Hey, have you guys figured out what you're going to do for science yet?

Bakura: We haven't decided for sure yet, but we think we'll do the digestive system.

Math teacher: Alright, since you guys are talking so much, I assume that you know and understand everything that you've learned today in class. Therefore, I'll give you this little pop quiz that I've had stored away for occasions such as this. *Looks at class's looks of total grief, and chuckles to himself* Take these and pass 'em down...

Yugi: *whispers* I hope you guys are up to this - it goes for marks you know.

- Sighs come from all over the classroom while test continues to diminish peoples' marks -

Math teacher: And ... now. Time's up, so pass your tests back up to the front and --

- MRRRR MRRRR MRRRR ... MRRRR MRRRR MRRRR ... -

Math teacher: The fire alarm! Just leave everything where it is and make your way to the football field at the back of the school. Last one out, please turn off the lights and close the door.

- Outside, everyone is trying to re-group -

Principal: *loudly* Alright, alright, settle down. No, this is not a drill, and I have not been informed of any fire or any emergency whatsoever. If it is a joke to whoever pulls the alarm, he or she will be punished - by law and by school rules. All staff, make sure you have all students accounted for, then report to me any who are missing.

- All are still separated and still trying to regroup, while teachers are trying to round up classes -

Téa: Yugi! ... Eva! ... Bakura! ... Joey! ... Where are you guys?

Yugi: Téa? I'm over here! Have you seen anyone else yet?

Téa: No, but I think we will eventually. Did you hear what the principal said? He thinks someone pulled the fire alarm as a joke! Really, who would do that?

Yugi: Yeah, I heard him, but ... *sounds faint* ... not very well.

Téa: Yugi, are you okay? You looked like you were whacked in the head with an iron or something.

Yugi: Ohh, that was strange. It felt like there was a big brawl inside my mind or something... *shakes it off* ...Hey, there's Fyre and Seto. Let's see what they're up to.

Fyre: Hi you guys. How's it coming with your science project? Ours is ... being experimented with. That library time we have tomorrow should be free time for us, since we'll be done by tomorrow evening - library time or not. *smiles* ...And where's Eva? She usually hangs around with you guys.

Yugi: I don't know where she is... I guess I haven't seen her since she went out the door after the alarm went off... And our project is coming along just fine. We may not be done quite as fast as you guys, but we'll be done in time. Hmm, *points to an object in Seto's hand* is that part of your project?

Seto: As a matter of fact, it is. There weren't many supplies in school to build with, so we were forced to create with what we had. But, it isn't any of your business anyway. You two should go and find your friends - they might be worried sick over you. Heh, see yah.

- Seto and Fyre walk off -

Téa: *spots Eva weaving through endless crowds* EVA! ...OVER HERE!

Eva: Hey, Téa, Yugi. Were you guys just talking to Seto and my sister?

Téa: Yeah. They're almost done their project already!

Eva: Can you believe that? It's not fair...

(Joey and Tristan spot the group and move in)

Joey: Hey, what's all the complainin' about?

Tristan: Yeah, Eva. *taunting* Did your sister rip the head off your dolly again? Heh heh

Eva: *angrily* No, Tristen... never mind.

(They start chatting about typical things, when Eva notices that Yugi isn't there)

Eva: (turns around and takes a few steps away from everyone) Hey, Yugi? Yugi, where are you?

Yugi: *faintly* ...I'm over here...

(Eva sees Yugi sitting alone a few feet away underneath of the bleachers in the football field, apparently in pain)

Eva: What's wrong, Yugi??

Yugi: I don't feel so good....

Eva: *runs over to where her teacher is* Mr. Savage! Mr. Savage! Something's wrong with Yugi! I think he needs to see the school nurse!

Mr. Savage: What? What's wrong with him?

Eva: He says he doesn't feel good! Hurry!

Mr. Savage: *thinking* The things these kids will do to get out of taking tests... *out loud* Okay, Eva. Calm down. Mrs. Walthers will be right over...

(10 mins later, Yugi is wheeled away on a stretcher to the hospital, and all the other kids go back to class)

Joey: I wonder what's wrong with Yug...

Téa: Yeah. I even noticed he wasn't feeling to good before... Hey, Eva. You alright?

Eva: *snapping out of being spaced out* Huh? Yeah, of course. *nervous chuckle* Why wouldn't I be?

Téa: Well, don't you sort of- ? Oh, never mind...

Eva: No, Téa. Tell me. I'm listening. I promise.

(Little did Téa and the others know that Eva had another vision that involved Yugi's "illness")

>>Téa: Okay... Don't you think it's weird that Fyre and Seto both went to the hospital with Yugi? You must have been thinking too hard when they drove off behind the ambulance.

Joey: Yeah, that was kinda weird. You guys think we should go too? We are, after all, Yug's best pals, and that Fyre and Seto aren't too good of friends with any of us! So common, let's find out what those creeps are up to...

*Before Eva could tell the group about her vision, they were in Tristen's car and headed to the local hospital where Yugi was being treated. When they got there, they had to wait a while before the secretary finally got to them*

Secretary: Can I help who's next?

Joey: Yeah, we're here to see a buddy of ours.

Secretary: ... Okay, what's his name? I'll see if he's able to have visitors yet.

Joey: Yugi Moto...?

Secretary: *flips through admittance papers, then makes a call* Alright, your friend isn't conscious, but you can go and wait there until he comes to. He's in room 104 right down the hall there - and take this, so you won't get thrown out by the security. *Hands the group a pass*

Téa: Oh, I hope he's alright...

*Group finds Yugi's room and goes inside - only to find Fyre and Seto by his side. They wonder what they're up to, so they stay outside and eavesdrop*

Fyre: It wasn't supposed to do this! It's flawed somehow...

Seto: No, it can't be! ... Maybe it's just him.

*Téa peeks around the corner just enough to see Fyre and Seto. They are standing at Yugi's left side arguing, with Fyre holding their mysterious science project. It looks like a TV remote crossed over with a calculator...*

Seto: You! You were spying on us... Why?!

Fyre: ...Huh? *angered* That's what I'd like to know, and --

Yugi: Uhhhhm... Ohh...?

*Seto and Fyre spin around to see Yugi coming back*

Seto: Well, now we know he's alive. We'll try later - let's go!

Fyre: *glares at group* And we'll get back to you later for spying...

*Fyre and Seto whip out the door*

Group: *Goes to Yugi's side, hoping for answers as to what happened*

Yugi: G- Guys? What's going on?? Why am I in the hospital? Oh, I feel strange...

Joey: Hey man, relax!

Téa: Yeah, Yugi.

Yugi: Okay... Well, can you at least tell me what's going on?

Téa: Well, to tell you the truth, we're not all quite sure either. We know that you were taken away to the hospital during our fire drill, but other than that...Oh! Actually, Eva's the one who told the teacher, maybe she would know!...

<All look around room to see that Eva is no where to be found>

Tristen: Where is she? She was right beside me when we came in I'm sure...

<He goes out into the hallway to see Eva sitting all alone on a chair that is placed outside of Yugi's room>

Tristen: Found her!

<Everyone goes into the hallway, except for Yugi, who is still lying on the hospital bed>

Joey: Hey, Eva, what do you think you're doing out here? Yugi woke up, ya know. Don't you wanna talk to him?

Téa: Come on, Joey. I'm sure Eva's just uncomfortable in hospitals or something...isn't that it, Eva?

Eva: Go away...

Téa: What?! What did we do?

Eva: Nothing. Just...go away. You wouldn't understand it anyway...

Téa: Come on, Eva. You know, believe it or not, there are people who care for you and are willing to listen to what you have to say. I know it must be a pretty big blow to your already non-existent self esteem living with that sister of yours, but we, your friends, really want you to think of us as people you can tell stuff to. Now, what do you say we all go and talk to Yugi, he must be wondering where we are by now..

Eva: Nice speech, Téa, and I guess you're right, but I can't tell this to Yugi, not after he just woke up in the hospital, and YOU all have to promise not to tell him, too!

<Everyone agrees>

Eva: Thanks, guys. Now, it's about this vision I had in school today, it involved Yugi and Kaiba and Fyre's science fair project....<fill in details about plan, blah blah blah>...and it doesn't sound to good for poor Yugi, anyhow. <Eva sees everyone staring at her> So, do you all think I'm crazy or what?

Téa: No! Of course not! We'll help you do whatever it takes! Now, be sure you tell us next time something like that happens, okay?

Eva: Thanks! :D

<They all wait until Yugi's Grandpa gets to the hospital, even though he probably should have been the first one there, seeing as how he's Yugi's only relative as far as we know, and he takes everyone home. Once Yugi got home, he went right to bed. Everyone else went to their own homes. Around 11:00PM, Eva was in her room getting ready for bed, when Fyre walked in, a look of sadness plastered upon her face. She sat down on Eva's bed, while Eva ignored her.>

Fyre: *Ahem*

Eva: <looking into her mirror and doing something with her hair> What do you want? Must I be humiliated and/or hurt right now or can it wait until morning?

Fyre: It's about...Seto and I...

Eva: Oh, no. Don't you expect us to have a sisterly moment. I won't let you and Kaiba do this thing to Yugi, and I know you know exactly what I'm talking about, and then expect me to play Fyre's counselor!

Fyre: No! Eva, this is SO hard for me to say.. but I need your.... help.

Eva: <raised an eyebrow toward her sister> Um, what's that? I don't think I heard you loud enough... come on, I got you need my- what?

Fyre: <annoyed> Help, Eva. I need you're HELP.

Eva: >:D Ohhhh, HELP. Big, smart sister needs dweeby little sister's help, is that it? And just give me one reason why I should help YOU.

Fyre: Because it involves you're little "friend" Yugi. And I know for a fact that you WILL help me, because if you don't, I'll tell the world how you REALLY feel about Yugi!!

Eva: Eep. Blackmail. <:-0

Fyre: That's right. Now, let me try to say this in a vocabulary you will understand... Kaiba and I had a sort of, um, how shall I put it... ARGUMENT today, and as a result, he said he didn't want me to be his partner for the science project anymore. As you probably know, due to this darned millenium item of yours, our project was supposedly going to allow us to materialize Yugi's Yami into the real world and have him be under our control, and eventually destroy the real Yugi. It was a perfectly ingenious plan, that would take time, mind you, but it was so flawless that it was worth the wait. When you saw us in the hospital, we were just testing it out for one last time...

Eva: So that's what you were doing... I should have known, I could have injected you with some sedatives at the hospital so you wouldn't have gotten away... <Evil Grin as she imagines this scene>

Fyre: Shut up! Remember our deal...unless you want everyone to see your Yuugi Mutoh shrine...>_>

Eva: ^_^;;;;;;;

Fyre: Anyway, Kaiba still has the project, and in the heat of the moment he said that he was going to do the transplant TONIGHT, instead of when we were originally going to do it, so we have to act fast, or else...I don't think Yugi will be coming to school tommorow...

Eva: Huh? Why not....Oh! I see! I'll go get my exorcism supplies...

Fyre: Why would we need those?

Eva: Why WOULDN'T we need them???

Fyre: o_O ? <As an aside: Seems as though my plan is working rather well. Eva has taken the bait and believes that Kaiba and I aren't working together anymore... if only she knew what we really had in store for her and both Yugis...heh heh heh...>

-------

And 8 years later, Eva finished her part. She got off her cool new desk chair that she just got last week (:D), bowed to her Yugi shrine, lit the candles, etc, and then handed the notebook to Fyre, who was huddled in a dark corner. (By the way.... ASIDE: "Words spoken by a character to the "audience" rather than the other characters who supposedly do not hear the speech."

*Looks up from the darkness, shielding eyes from the candle light, takes the notebook* Ohh, you WANT this to get deep? Alright then, it will go below the depths that have been set so far. *Blows out the closest candles and continues to write*

-------

Fyre: Just leave those things here. If we need to run fast, then you'll wish you hadn't brought them when you're caught by Seto. And besides, we're going stealth, so put these on. *Hands Eva a black overcoat and a dark blue t-shirt* When you're done, come downstairs. I'll be waiting.

*Eva gets suited up and tip-toes downstairs. Fyre makes sure the coast is clear, and they sneak out the front door, and head towards Yugi's house*

Eva: This feels weird, me being with you like this.

Fyre: Yeah, well don't get used to it. This is a one-time-only thing. And when this is done, forget it ever happened, got it?

Eva: As long as you forget about my secrets. ...What if Seto's already there? And done? And we're too late? What'll we do?!

Fyre: *glares* STEALTH, remember? Meaning QUIET. And if I know Seto right, he won't be there just yet. If he does things like this, he'll do them at midnight - it's just the way he is I guess.

Eva: Oh... Well, good. *relief* There's Yugi's house, but the lights are still on. Now what?

Fyre: Now, we wait for Seto. *looks at watch, turns on fluorescent light thingy* It's 11:47, so he'll be here in about 10 minutes... Until then, conceal yourself in the bush in the front yard. I'll be in the tree.

*Lights in the house turn off*

... Time goes by ...

*Seto comes walking down the sidewalk and stops in front of Yugi's house. He then pulls out a piece of paper*

Seto: 42 Sideroad st... This is the place. Yami, your mind and to-be-body will be mine! *Goes into backyard*

Fyre: *whispering* Okay, let's go. If he turns around, just curl yourself up in a ball on the ground - he can't see that well in the dark just yet, cause he was in the glare of the streetlights.

*Fyre follows Seto into the backyard, still being unseen and unheard*

*Seto is crouched on the back porch, holding the "Science Device". Eva creeps up behind Fyre and pops her head up over the brush, still unseen of course*

Seto: Hmm? ...I feel like I'm being followed... Maybe the invisible spirit of Yami is gonna get me? Heh... I'll just sit here for a moment and wait for his Gramps to fall asleep. *points Science Device over in Eva and Fyre's direction* ...Maybe I should put that other option in after all... *starts mumbling to himself*

Fyre: Eva, I'm gonna go over to the other side of the house. You stay here unless a total emergency comes up. *leaves Eva's side*

Eva: *Has a vision: both Seto and Fyre are standing together, laughing at her, while Fyre holds their Science Device. She then notices that they are in Yugi's bedroom, and Yugi is on his bed - not breathing!* <Snaps out> *Breathing hard, she starts to panic - only to find she can't move*

Seto: Mwahahah. It's alright you little pain, I know you're here. I kind of figured you'd come and stop me from my operation. But how did I find you?... You breathe too loud. Fyre, my friend, you played an excellent part in this. You see, Eva, you were tricked into coming here tonight. I don't know what Fyre told you about your friend and about our project, but that was all a lie. Seeing as Fyre likes to torture you, and that I despise that Yugi, Fyre and I decided on a plan. This mechanism which I hold in my hand, I believe is a mystery to you now. What it does, is I point this at someone, and it sends tiny airborne electrical pulses to their brain. That then allows me total control of whoever this is pointed at! Knowing our project is pretty much finished, we had a little too much free time on our hands.

Eva: *scared* Okay... but what does this have to do with me? ...And I guess that thing is why I can't move...

Fyre: *comes out from behind Seto* Right you are... And, my sister, you are the main part of our plan. We have control of every muscle in your body, and so, we can make you do anything we like - sort of like our puppet on strings. Seto, care to demonstrate?

Seto: *gives a fiendish smile, and takes to the controller*

Eva: *feels her whole body moving without the will to* Ugh.. Ahhh! *unwillingly moves up onto the back porch with Seto and Fyre*

Fyre: Ingenious, don't you think? ...Oh, yes. The plan. What we are gonna make you do is this: you're gonna take that extra house key that Yugi gave you, and open this door. Next, we give you this fingerprint-free needle full of sedatives - way too much for Yugi's body to handle. Lastly, you go into Yugi's room, stick that in his neck and push the button all the way in. Then, we leave. To put that in lesser words, you will be responsible for the death of Yugi Moto.

*Seto and Fyre laugh like maniacs, but quietly*

Seto: Ready or not, here we go. Fyre, get the key from Eva's pocket. I've got the needle, and the controller.

Fyre: It was so nice of the hospital to let us borrow gloves and those sedatives... *Searches Eva's pockets and comes up with Yugi's emergency house key* ...Got it.

Eva: *controlled, takes key and unlocks the back door*

*All go inside, and eventually find Yugi's room*

Fyre: *whispering* Now is the time of Yugi's fate. I'm surprised your stupid millennium item didn't warn you sooner, heh. The needle, Seto. ...And let me take control now.

*Seto holds out the needle, and Controlled Eva takes it from his hand. She then tip-toes over to Yugi's bedside*

Eva: *thinking* No, I can't let them do this!... But I can't get loose of their control... I'm really sorry Yugi.. You know I wouldn't do this to you...

<Then, Yugi wakes up due to Eva's "loud breathing">

Yugi: *sweatdrops* o.O;;; Erm... Eva? Um, what are you doing in my bedroom in the middle of the night??

Kaiba: Ha! Ha! Ha! Poor Yugi, if he only knew!

Fyre: Yah, let's get this over with!

<Fyre moves the controller thingy so that Controlled Eva's arm moves closer to Yugi's neck.>

<Juts then, everyone heard the cocking of a shot gun. They turned to the door and saw Yugi's grandpa standing in the doorway.>

Grandpa: Whoever's in here better get out NOW!

<Seto and Fyre flee, dropping the controller on the ground, smashing it. Eva comes back to life, falling forward, disoriented. Grandpa turns on the lights, and sees Eva lying on top of Yugi.>

Eva: Oh. Hi, Mr. Mutoh! Um, I gotta go now, bye! *leaves*

Grandpa: ...

Yugi: ...

Grandpa: Yugi, I think it's time we had a talk about girls...

~THE NEXT DAY IN SCHOOL~

Ms. Khan: Okay, class, I hope you all remembered that your science presentations are due today. Let's get started! Remember, whoever has the best project wins a new protractor! Yay!

<All the class does their presentations, except for Fyre and Seto, who are conveniently "absent" that day.>

Ms. Khan: Wow. Those were some.... interesting... projects! But I think that Téa and Bakura's model of the intestines deserves first prize! Congratulations, you two!

<Téa and Bakura take their protractors, less than thrilled and go back to their desks>

Eva: Hmph. I guess our project wasn't good enough for her! *points to their project which has lots of badly cut out pictures and copyrighted internet printouts cut and pasted onto a piece of tattered bristol board*

Yugi: Don't worry. We'll get those protractors next year! ... Just, let's not do the reproductive system, okay? Because I already know WAY more than I ever wanted to from Grandpa's talk last night...

*~THE END~*