Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seth's Magical Adventure! ❯ Yo, ho, ho, and a Bottle of Haste ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Takahashi does, and he can't believe Seth hasn't been eaten by a dragon. I can. Seth would make a terrible meal.
 
“Okay, this is killing me,” Malik mumbled, as everyone within the pharaoh's court sat in the audience chamber as the sky outside darkened, and then seemed to redden just slightly when thunder crashed, “How long are we going to be waiting?” He looked to the pharaoh, but he knew ultimately, that decision would be handed to Sith. After all, Sith was an Esper, and they were now versed in Esper affairs. Sith herself seemed hesitant, as though trying to search something in the ethers, but unable to find what she needed.
 
“You need to learn patience, sir,” Sith replied calmly, though her frown was deep with disapproval at the question, “This is a delicate matter, and acting too rashly will result in death. Let me say that now, if I haven't already. This is a fragile war we're heading into, one that was started on jealousy, not logic. To go and act without caution, Malik, is like sending a lamb to the slaughterhouse. I refuse to do so.”
 
“But we can't do nothing!” Malik cried, and Sith drew her sword at his sudden movement, “Lady Sith, we've done nothing since your return! We must act! Egypt's in danger! Don't you care!?” Sith's eyes flashed an angry red, for only a moment, but Malik caught it. He knew he had just set her off.
 
“My pace is slow, young man, but do not ever question the care I hold for my allies,” Sith growled dangerously, and just then, Atemu glanced at her with worry. She sounded much older than he had remembered as she continued, “You do not understand the workings of war. You do not understand the workings of Espers. You understand nothing but your country, and while that is noble, you should not question my mastery of this. Now, silence that tongue or I will feed it to my hound.” Malik shivered, and backed away, bowing to show he knew his place. Sith's calm returned, but the effect she placed lingered as everyone looked at her with worry. Even Sceppiro seemed concerned with her words.
 
“Calm down there, Sithy,” Cydandilus said gruffly, and she looked over at the older man, “These morons won't do what ya say just `cause yer a queen and a knight. Ain't no need to work yerself up over it, neither.” Sith smiled slightly, but Atemu could tell she didn't like being questioned. He also noticed something in her had changed since her return from the ruins. But what was it?
 
“Uncle, we can't have anyone on our side making decisions too quickly,” Sith replied gently, “I am doing what I feel is best.”
 
“An' that's good. But you gotta remember, Sithy: Humans are humans. They ain't gonna understand why we wait so much for shit to happen,” Cyd reminded her, “I ain't saying we should manipulate `em. Hell, we'd be as bad as Rath, but don't forget our differences.” Sith looked down. She knew all too well the differences between their races, but she still had to do her best to protect everyone… right? Atemu glanced at her, and when she didn't speak, he spoke for her.
 
“Sith, don't worry so much,” he told her calmly, smiling, “No one will act without my approval, and I trust your judgment on this. Try as they might, all they can do is question you.” Sith smirked, and nodded. Then, her smirk faded. Even if that was true, it only applied to Egypt. Anyone outside of the palace gates were free to do what they wished, and that could very well lead to Egypt's downfall.
 
“I pray that, as a whole, Egypt understands the delicacy of our problem,” she said quietly, looking out the window. Her thoughts went directly to Seth, hoping he had been able to escape Rath.
 
--------------------------------
 
Meanwhile, for Bakura and Seth, they had just come to the town Bahamut led them to, and to their surprise, Bahamut and Tiamat fit right in. They didn't, but Tiamat explained why that was to the guards by the gate, and they simply let them all pass through. The town seemed to be buzzing with life, but what really caught Seth's attention were that the occupants of the town were Espers as well. Only a few humans lived here.
 
“Please tell me this isn't a place run by Espers,” he mumbled, “I thought you said we were going to where humans lived.” Bahamut glanced back at Seth, and grunted, his long, white beard shaking as he spoke.
 
“I did, and we are,” he answered gruffly, as they walked through the dirt street, “This is a town where magic's accepted freely, and races live in harmony with each other. It's also an outpost for travelers, so any news from other continents would reach here relatively quickly.” Seth nodded, and now knew why they had stopped here. Bahamut wanted to hear what was going on and what to expect before getting to Egypt. And, in honesty, Seth wanted that as well. They walked to a small tavern down a quiet road, and carefully, Tiamat and Bahamut slipped in, with Bakura trailing slowly behind them. Seth blinked, and ran in after he realized he was alone. A sharp scent of juniper and cinnamon hit him, but it was refreshing. He breathed deeply, and smiled. His mind felt at peace from such a strong scent.
 
“Oy! Good day, Rougnes!” said the barkeeper, a young human male with light brown hair, “Traveling out again, eh? Bring your family this time?” Rougnes turned to the man, and smiled, nodding his head. It was clear that Tiamat had never actually been here before. Or, if she had, she had never come into the bar.
 
“Yes, Mikral, I did,” Bahamut said through his dry voice, “This is my wife, Illinia, and my son, Bakura. Oh, and his cousin, Seth. We're not staying long, though. Just came in for the word on Egypt.” The man, Mikral, tilted his head as he put a glass down, filling it with water and handing it to the old man. Seth noticed a look of confusion in Mikral's eyes.
 
“Egypt? Why would you head there?” Mikral asked, “Word is there's a war brewing around there. Something about the Espers and the kingdom of Nesce being stormed.” Bakura and Seth exchanged nervous glances. If word was getting out, Rath would have a field day with targets to choose from. They both hoped it didn't reach into the continents to the west.
 
“Is that so?” Tiamat asked, grinning with amusement, “We've heard similar before. What be the general opinion on that? Is it too dangerous to get in?”
 
“Well, no, but I hear there are monsters appearing all over the desert,” Mikral replied, a small frown forming, “The Espers already took two warriors from Egypt into custody, so I'm guessing there'll be a war fairly soon. Unless, of course, Nesce is moving to gather other resources. I heard the castle's floating.” Bakura snorted. That was all too true; Nesce was literally breaking apart thanks entirely to Rath. Bahamut hummed thoughtfully, if only to make it appear this was news to him, and then tapped his fingers on the counter as he sipped the water he was offered.
 
“Any word on if the attacks have already started?” he asked, and Mikral shook his head as he dusted a plate for a customer to the right.
 
“Nothing. Egypt's hesitating to make a stand,” he replied grimly, “They lost Lady Sith not too long ago. Maybe she hasn't returned? The whole thing has us worried, but what can a small settlement like us do?” Bahamut searched Mikral's eyes carefully, and nodded. The man wasn't lying about anything he had just stated. Bahamut finished his water, and shook Mikral's hand.
 
“Thanks for the word, Mik,” Bahamut said, giving him a gold coin, “If anything else happens, find a way to let me know.” Mikral nodded, pocketing the money he had received.
 
“Can do, Rougnes,” he replied, and waved as they all left the tavern, heading back into the bright sunlight of the outdoors. Bahamut harrumphed, and began leading his team through the city, ignoring when people called out to his human identity. Bakura glanced around at everyone, and guessed that Bahamut was well known for something here, though what that could've been wasn't known to the thief. But, what he also noticed was that some of the girls took notice to him rather than to Bahamut, and his cheeks reddened in embarrassment.
 
“Er… hi?” Bakura said, waving back to them. They giggled, and as they ran off, Seth smacked Bakura on the head, almost causing the flustered thief to fall over.
 
“This isn't a time to be flirting with women!” the priest hissed angrily, “What the hell is wrong with you!?”
 
“Hey! They were the ones getting my attention!” Bakura retorted, rubbing the back of his head, “Besides, I don't need to flirt with them. I wasn't even intending to!” Seth's eyes narrowed. He didn't believe that one for even a second as they turned a corner, leaving the street for a wider, even quieter road. Water began to span across the horizon, and Seth realized they were walking toward the docks, something he hadn't expected.
 
“I'll believe that when you settle down and marry,” Seth said to Bakura, and then to Bahamut, he asked, “Why are we going to the docks?” The old man snorted, and then blinked as he looked over the ports, where many boats laid in waiting for their captains. He eyed a nice, bronze one that seemed to float on top of the water rather than in it.
 
“To catch a boat,” the old man said simply, smirking as he saw sailors unloading cargo into one of the warehouses. Seth blinked. Again, he didn't expect that answer at all.
 
“Why are we taking a boat?” he asked flatly, “Isn't it faster to fly to Egypt?”
 
“While it would, you heard what Mikral said,” Tiamat told him calmly, “With a war starting up, and everyone afraid to make a move, our appearance might create hostility. We need to avoid that, so we need to take a safe, quiet route inside. Boats are the best bet. But where to find one…” Bakura looked around the docks as Tiamat and Bahamut eyed the sailors working near the warehouses. All of the boats were fairly small, but then again, this was a small settlement. He doubted they needed to stock too much for their shops. Seth glanced over, and knew exactly what Bakura was planning.
 
“Don't you dare try that,” he whispered, and Bakura simply grinned, showing just a sliver of a knife from under his tattered cloak.
 
“I could probably pull it off,” he said proudly, “Besides, it might actually impress Sith, and I think she needs a laugh.” Seth's eyes widened. If there was one thing he knew of Sith, it was her love of the law… or her tendency to disregard it when needed. She wouldn't have ever approved of Bakura's idea, even on her life.
 
“Do it and one of us will end up arresting you,” Seth warned, “Don't be an idiot, thief. We can't up and steal a boat.” Bakura simply stared flatly, and within fifteen minutes, they were all sailing on a small, wooden boat off of the docks and toward the quiet sea, with Bahamut and Tiamat searching the horizon. Seth merely glared into the water and bitterly said, “I can't believe you actually stole this. How in hell did you convince our two Espers to let you do it!?”
 
“When you're a thief, you learn many jobs that might actually help you,” Bakura said with a grin, “I was a pirate for a little over a year, back when I was around 17 years of age. Captain Sanark taught me a hell of a lot. A good Esper, that man…” Seth's eyes widened again, and he looked at Bakura seriously.
 
“You knew an Esper!?” he asked, and Bakura nodded, looking at his reflection in the placid water as the ripples from their boat disturbed it from behind them.
 
“Why do you think I know so much about Espers?” Bakura asked, “I practically grew up with them. Hell, I've known Sith for longer than anyone actually expects. Met her when she was a kid. Or at least looked like one… damn her father.” Seth bit his lip at how bitter Bakura sounded as he spoke of Claude Winchester. He didn't entirely blame the thief, either. Claude had manipulated Bahamut's urgency, even putting his own daughter at risk where he thought he was doing what was best for her. And it was blowing up now.
 
“She never spoke of you,” Seth told him quietly. Bakura snorted softly, and a small line of pink crossed his cheeks.
 
“She didn't know,” Bakura replied, “I'm a good five years older than she is meant to be, so to her, I was just an `older' kid. Some little brats were giving her trouble in the courtyard, though, and you know me. I have a screwed sense of justice. I scared them away for her. She didn't remember, but I did.”
 
“Why?” Seth asked him, looking over with genuine concern, “If she didn't remember you, and you were that much… older… why bother remembering it? What was so important about it?” Bakura paused, unable to find a good answer. He didn't know why, it was just a memory that stuck with him. Maybe because it was one of the few times a good deed came out just as that: good. He sighed.
 
“I wish I knew,” Bakura said wistfully, “What intrigued me most was her maturity. She spoke with an eloquence I never expected from a small girl. I couldn't help but wonder if she was an Esper, too. Now I know she definitely was.” He looked up at the darkening sky as the boat continued toward Egypt, though they were still a ways off, “She was the first I'd ever met.”
 
“…she respects you, you know,” Seth said quietly, and Bakura looked over, shocked with what he said, “She was furious when you were gone. She even told the pharaoh off when he made the mistake of accepting your death. I'm surprised she wasn't fired, but she respects you more than most of us.” Bakura's gaze returned to the water, not sure if he could handle hearing that. He was happy; nothing made him respect himself more than knowing someone like Sith actually respected him, but she had gone against their king, and that had to have cost her.
 
“She… she does?” Bakura asked, unable to find anything else to say. When Seth nodded grimly, a smile crossed his lips as he said, “I'm… glad.” Tiamat snorted, having heard their conversation, and both of them looked at her.
 
“It seems many interesting things happened that Claude couldn't control,” she said in amusement, and when Bakura asked what she meant, she said, “Oh, nothing, Bakura. I'm just sitting here, wondering what Sith's next brilliant move against her father's pact she'll make.” Bakura blinked, unable to understand what Tiamat was saying, but Seth frowned. Sith didn't go against any pact. Their fathers had died. They had no choice; Atemu and Sith's betrothal had been nulled.
 
“As much as I hate cheering for Sith, she didn't do anything wrong,” Seth told the old woman, who laughed, “I'm serious! You're starting to make Sith sound like an irresponsible jerk! She had no choice! It was nulled!”
 
“You'd think upsetting her father's deal would make her feel guilty,” Tiamat replied, half-amused with what Seth said, “But she seems to have forgotten it entirely. I wonder… if she felt freedom from her father's death… in just a small way.” Bakura's eyes narrowed furiously, knowing that her father's death left her in a wreck, but then Tiamat ended with, “Even though it broke her… it freed her from something she didn't agree to. Bakura, that is freedom for her. Don't forget that.” Bakura growled, and unsheathed a knife in his cloak, holding it dangerously close to Tiamat. Seth gasped, but the old woman simply watched Bakura calmly.
 
“She would never use her father's death to benefit herself!” Bakura exclaimed angrily, his hand shaking as he tried to hold the knife steady, “How can you say such a terrible thing!? Do you even know her or are you assuming!?” Seth grabbed Bakura's arm, trying to stop him from making a terrible mistake, but Tiamat simply sighed, taking the knife right out of Bakura's shaking fingers. She threw the knife over the side of the boat.
 
“You assume an awful lot about Sith yourself, Bakura,” Tiamat reminded him sternly, her eyes no longer holding the same amusement it had just moments ago, “I'm not saying she's a manipulative beast like her cousin. I'm merely saying that if she has anything positive to think of on her father's death, freedom from marriage is one of them. Unlike most girls, Sith has no wish to be married. At least, not now.” Bakura frowned. His anger calmed, but now his worry rose just a bit. Sith was technically a queen; why wouldn't she want to be married at all?
 
“Why not?” he asked quietly, “Is she… happy?”
 
“Happiness is a variable term, Bakura,” Tiamat said with a sigh, “Much like beauty and intelligence. Sith won't be happy to have a family right now, because she already has too much to lose. She's already lost nearly everything that means anything to her. As to marriage… I don't think she wants to marry a human. Your lifespan is so small compared to ours. She would be alone before she even understood what true happiness was.” Bakura looked down into the water again, unable to say anything to that. It was no wonder Sith was so irked with compliments regarding her appearance. Seth joined him, and Bakura could tell even he felt bad for what Tiamat said.
 
“So, she won't marry to avoid having it ripped out of her,” Seth concluded, and Tiamat nodded wisely, “That's… sad. I think it's a mistake to think that. Even if we die, Sith should still… think about marriage. We're not bad guys.”
 
“If you force this opinion on her, you're no better than her father,” Tiamat warned sternly, crossing her arms, “Let her make her choices, Seth. She might surprise you with what she chooses.” Seth looked from Tiamat, and then to Bakura. Bakura glanced back and gave a tiny nod, to show he agreed with the old woman. Then, he turned back to the water silently, heavily in his thoughts. Seth frowned. Whatever was going on, it was bothering Bakura. He opened his mouth to speak, but Bakura beat him to it as he finally said something.
 
“How badly… has being in Egypt screwed up her life?” Bakura asked quietly, and everyone, even Bahamut, looked at him. He looked up from the water, his eyes wet with tears as he said, “Think about it. She comes here and is pretty much forced to be the pharaoh's friend. She's `raised' thinking she has to marry him when she might not want to, and then their fathers die and everything gets screwed up because no one else knows what to do and assumes everything will go on with her being the new queen. People either think she's the best hero in the world or their worst nightmare, and I sure as hell didn't help by hitting on her all the time. Then her idiot of a cousin comes and basically puts all of the blame for everything in Nesce on her specifically. She must be screwed up at this point, and ready to snap. This wouldn't have happened if she hadn't been forced to come here.” He looked back down into the water, and Seth sighed, patting his back. It was obvious he felt strongly about this. Tiamat herself smiled weakly, walking over to the young thief.
 
“It appears… that you understand our dilemma now,” Tiamat commented, “As in regards to Lady Sith. Yes, being here has warped her a bit in terms of knowing what she actually wants, but this would have happened no matter where she was. The only difference is that she knows you all. Rath would have attacked even if Egypt never existed.”
 
“At least her father would've been alive to protect her,” Bakura growled, eyes narrowing as he angrily looked down to his reflection again, “Sceppiro wouldn't have gone insane with loneliness. And I… wouldn't have had to put her through finding a sorry ass like me.” Angrily, he threw another knife into the water, shattering his reflection as the boat sped onwards. Tiamat watched him silently, and then sighed again when Bakura took out a third knife. She took it away from him.
 
“Sith chose that one all on her own,” she reminded him, “You put her through nothing. She chose to send help for you. She chose to join you all. She chose to let Seth make his mistakes. Don't make the mistake of feeling entirely responsible, Bakura. She's made a lot of choices, even if you haven't been around for any of them.” Bakura hummed, but his eyes didn't leave the water. Even if that was true, he still felt responsible for her attack. Tiamat sensed this and finished with, “Don't feel bad for that. If you want to feel bad, feel bad that you couldn't physically be there. But don't feel bad for her looking for you. That was her choice.”
 
“Why would she choose that, though?” Bakura asked, and Seth glanced at him, “Am I… that important?”
 
“Even if you aren't, Sith's duty is to protect people,” Seth told him sternly, “She was doing her job… though I can't help but wonder why Rath would have targeted you. Did she know you're a guardian for the Espers?” Bahamut let go of the wheel and grunted, causing the others to look at him quizzically. He shook his head, his beard shaking as he did so.
 
“No. No Esper knows another's guardian unless they're told,” he said grimly, “She chose Bakura because he is Sith's friend. She needs Atemu alive, but she knew Sith would go after Bakura.” Bakura looked away again, and for an hour, nothing more was said. Seth could feel the tension in Bakura rising, but he didn't comment on it. Bakura had a lot to think about, and Seth also had things to work out. He still had to make a report, and he didn't know which should have been reported first: Rath's weapon, or her moves for attack. Sighing, he leaned on the railing of the ship's deck, looking over the horizon.
 
“I hope we get there before any damage is done,” he said quietly, “Sith was worried when I left. I think she expects an attack soon, and if the pharaoh gets too worried, he'll order an attack.” Bakura glanced at Seth critically. He knew Atemu could be sloppy, but he wasn't entirely careless. All of them had discussed that being defensive would be best.
 
“You really think he'd do that?” the thief asked. Seth nodded slowly, as though hesitant to answer.
 
“If Rath posed enough of a threat, I'd imagine he might,” Seth replied grimly, his shoulders tensing, “We were already in a bad place when I left. We don't even know where Rath is right now. If she's come back and attacked Egypt, Atemu won't just do nothing. I'm not saying he'd be hasty, but we could be heading into an all-out assault right now.” Bakura's frown worsened. He didn't like the thought of that at all; Egypt was powerful, but Rath had Ultima on her side. As did Sith, and Bakura knew that if both Espers used such a spell, it'd decimate the continent, and possibly a good chunk of the world at large.
 
“Then let's start praying,” he finally agreed, turning back to Bahamut, “How long until we get there?” The old man fiddled with something in his pocket, and then grunted as he put it back. Bakura narrowed his eyes, wondering what he was playing with, and then looked around, noticing they were going much, much slower than before.
 
“If I can get my damn spells to work, we would be there within the hour,” Bahamut grunted angrily, his beard shaking again, “Tiamat, can you caste Haste on the boat?” Bakura blinked, realizing Bahamut had been using magic to make their journey shorter, and turned to Tiamat, who smiled slyly and took out a golden pocket-watch. She closed her eyes, and the watch began to glow. Immediately, the boat sped up, and Bakura's eyes widened in horror. They were ripping right through the ocean at a speed that really should have been unobtainable, and within seconds, with the water ripping by, they found land. The boat smashed right into the shore, throwing everyone headfirst into the sand. And, destroying the boat as well. Seth looked up slowly, and upon seeing the ruins, snorted.
 
“Don't you Espers know what overkill is?” he asked tartly, slowly crawling forward until he had the strength to stand. He dusted his armor off and looked around, turning back to Bahamut, who was just getting up himself.
 
“Looks like you were a bit too over-excited there, Tiamat,” Bahamut grumbled, trying to straighten his rumpled robe, “You destroyed our boat.” Tiamat scrambled up, and upon seeing the ruins of their once-active boat, streaks of pink crossed her face.
 
“Oops,” she said simply, “I must have used Tripler instead of Haste.”
 
“Either way, at least we're here,” Bakura commented, and looked over the horizon, where sand sprawled in all directions, “…we are in Egypt, right?” Bahamut looked up at the sky and sniffed for a minute, and then nodded, his hood still covering his eyes with shadow as he turned to the thief.
 
“Yes. I can smell the deserts, as well as Lady Sith, Lord Sceppiro, and Cydandilus Skylark,” Bahamut replied, and frowned, “And I smell a bad storm. A magical one. We came here in the nick of time.” Bakura's eyes widened just a bit at that news, and he looked at the horizon again, this time shivering as he saw that the sky was slowly turning to a red haze, the clouds blackening dangerously as a clap of thunder graced the country. Rath had to be back again, and at that thought, his eyes flashed for just a second.
 
“We have to get back to the palace then,” Seth said sternly, crossing his arms, “The magic from both sides are so powerful, even I can sense it from here. What happens if one side attacks?”
 
“In this storm? We're not sure,” Tiamat replied, glancing at Bahamut, “But if Rath's here, I doubt it will matter what happens now. She'll attack soon enough. Bahamut, should we revert and make way to the palace?” Bahamut hummed, and Seth could tell he was hesitating about doing that. He didn't blame the old man, either. He doubted Atemu had seen a dragon before, unless Sith transformed into one at some point. If anyone saw one, it would be considered a threat, and they couldn't risk the king and queen of all Espers. Finally, though, Bahamut seemed to have felt the situation was dire enough, for he nodded.
 
“Yes, my friend. The time has come to shake the world with our presence,” he said seriously, and both of the elders closed their eyes, both glowing in cool shades of blue and purple. Seth and Bakura rushed back, making sure to stand safe distances as the dragons' power increased, causing small tremors in the surrounding area. Finally, two roars erupted as light exploded, blinding everything in sight. When it cleared, there sat two equally large dragons, one black and the other blue. Bakura smiled.
 
“Are you both all right?” he asked, and they both peered down at him with mild interest, “I mean… it's just, with the storm… it might have hurt you.” Tiamat blinked, and then chuckled gently, though her laugh was still loud enough to be heard across the desert. Seth winced, wondering if anyone in the palace had heard them.
 
“We're fine, Bakura,” Tiamat said, “We'll be better… once we see to it that Lady Sith and the pharaoh can fight against Rath. Now, climb on. We must depart.” Nodding, Bakura jumped up onto Tiamat's back, though his eyes remained focused on the clouds encircling something far ahead. He felt tremendous waves of energy; some good, but most evil. His worries went to Sith, the palace, the people… and even to Atemu. And, judging from Seth's paling complexion, the priest had the same worries as he too got onto Bahamut's back. Bahamut sniffed, and then snorted, turning toward the darkening mass himself.
 
“Do not fear, little ones. We'll reach the palace shortly,” he said, and both he and Tiamat leapt into the air, flying forward much more slowly than Seth really thought they should be going. Obviously, they didn't want something to find them, and he wondered if Rath really was in Egypt again. She must've been for them to behave so worriedly. He glanced over at Bakura.
 
“Are you as worried as I am, thief?” he asked. Bakura looked at him gravely, and nodded, looking down.
 
“Yes, though I doubt our priorities are the same,” the thief replied, eyes narrowing gently, “My first worry is Sith. Yours is probably the pharaoh.” Seth nodded, and bit his lip. Bakura looked guilty about something, and not wanting the thief to be distracted, Seth decided to try his hand at comfort for once.
 
“She'll be fine,” he said gently, and Bakura looked at him, raising an eyebrow, “Everyone will be fine, Bakura. I… I don't think she'd let anyone get hurt.” Bakura nodded, but when he looked away, Seth knew he hadn't helped the thief relax at all. Seth himself kept his eyes on the clouds ahead, his nose wrinkling at the magic being emitted from them. It was too much for his comfort. His eyes darted to Bakura, who said just one thing as they flew in the sky, toward the palace, and toward the storm that was brewing.
 
“If anyone is dead… I'll kill Rath myself and avenge them. Not even… not even the pharaoh deserves to be caught up in this.”
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
And so, after getting some information from a tiny village far from Egypt, Bakura manages to steal a boat, thusly propelling our heroes back to where they need to go. Thanks to Esper magic, they're very close to the palace now. But, what has been brewing since Seth's departure? Will the war finally advance to a bloody battle? Will Sith, Sceppiro, and Cyd be forced to use forbidden magic to stop Rath? And, will Bakura kill Rath himself? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!