Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seto's Reason ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yugi’s teaching him how to play duel monsters. Even though he hasn’t won a game yet, he still exudes this brash confidence, this reckless determination to keep going. It’s only one of the things I admire about him, although I can never tell him. You’d think, that being one of the most powerful men in Japan, I’d be able to have anyone I wanted. You’d be wrong.

Oh, I’ve seen the way he looks at me. He tries to hide it, but my puppy never really has mastered the art of subtlety. I know I could make him mine. But I won’t, because in the end all I’d do is hurt him. Not at first, but sooner or later there would be some crisis to deal with, and I’d freeze him out. After being the heart, mind, and soul of Kaiba Corp for so long, I don‘ think I could let him into that area of my life. And not being able to share that with me would hurt him.

I can’t ever let him know how I feel. If I gave him reason to suspect it, he’d come after me with all of that reckless determination and persistence, which would force the very outcome I try so hard to prevent. And so, puppy changes to mutt, and praise to insults. With time he’ll forget me, but I’ll never stop loving him.