Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shisou_Hiryuu ❯ Truths be Told ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- Shisou_Hiryuu
Part-6/?
Author- DMYamiyugi
Warning- Yaoi…um…killings, demon things, and…yeah ^^; Using Atemu as well, not Yami.
Genre- Romance I think…some sad stuff and all…
Parings- YugixAtemu and maybe some others
Disclaimer- I do own Yugioh! ^_^ *looks around the area* Oh fine…I don't! ;-;
 
Summary- Young Yugi is a freshman at collage. Everything is new, and he is struggling slightly to become comfortable with his surroundings. Having to contain his family secret as well, he becomes stressed. One day, he runs into a young sophomore, who has some secrets of his own that intertwine with Yugi's. And soon, secrets will be reveled and some for the better good and pure happiness and others drawing the darkness closer and closer.
 
 
 
Chapter 6- Truths behold!
 
“Is it different being both a dragon and human?” Yugi asked. Atemu cracked an eye open.
 
--Well…I'm not really both-- he started. --I really…have no human blood in me at all-- Yugi blinked questionably.
 
“Then how can you look both human and dragon like?” he asked. Atemu smiled.
 
--I'll tell you-- he answered, a for sure grin on his face. Yugi blinked, and leaned more against the rock in a relaxed position.
 
“So tell,” he urged the other on. Atemu nodded.
 
--Yeah, yea. Sorry, I was just trying to figure out to start this…well…my family really, as I said, we have no human blood in us at all. Our true form, the one we were born in, is a dragon. But I think it was many many years ago…like over a thousand years at least. Anyway, that long ago none of us had a form of a human; humans and us lived in harmony. My clan really is not that small either. There is at least one or two of us in every city in the world; we aren't all related though. Kinda like your mage clan a bit if you want to think of it that way. Well, as time went on, I think our harmony between one another was shattered somehow…I don't really know…how, but it was. So a great war erupted between us. This, of course, was never recorded in history just for safety. So as this Great War dragged on…my clan was losing. One of our leaders…or so I thought he was…um I can't really remember who exactly he was…but…but we had a strange truce with you guys though. Like with the mages, because they weren't exactly…loved by the humans either. Anyway the leader teamed up with their leader to try and end the war. It didn't work out so well. The humans are driven by fear of dragons…so we came up with an idea to blend ourselves in with the mortal world. It's a simple spell that we're now born with. It allows us to go back and forth between dragon and human at will. Also, as we drew apart, some of us became more human than beast. They created relationships with the humans and some even married.-- He took in a sigh. --Very few pure bloods live today…unfortunately I'm one.-- Yugi blinked, perplex.
 
“Why would it be bad?” he asked. Atemu looked to the ground.
 
--We each are an element of some kind. My sister is ocean, others are river, some fire others tree or wood. There's so many that I just can't keep track of it all. Anyway, my mother is ice and my father wind. Two of many of the most heard of and more powerful elements. My sister is ocean, the third most powerful one.-- Atemu paused, and he breathed out again in a depressive way. --So I was supposed to be a great element to. Well, not exactly as you can see-- he muttered. Yugi said nothing. --I was supposed to be the element of the goddamn sun!-- Yugi jolted lightly at the raise in Atemu's voice. --Everyone thought that I would be that! The most powerful and supposing greatest!-- Atemu growled, and stood; taking his head off of Yugi's legs. --Instead…instead I'm this!!-- he bellowed loudly, anger and even sadness in his voice. --I'm shadow's, darkness, cursed, evil! It's…it's considered to be a sin to even know me…to look at me…-- his voice lowered and saddened more. --Everyone in my clan runs away if they see me, they hid their children's eyes so they won't see me…it's always been this way.-- his sighed deeply. --My parents forsaken me…I've never even seen them ever smile at me, all they ever have done is glare or even hit me. My sister became my care taker…tch she was no better…that god forsaken bitch was the worse of them! She ridiculed me, beat me, swore at me, did everything she could to just make me cry, I was five for gods sake!-- Atemu closed his eyes, and to Yugi he looked so much older...so much more weary then he should be.
--Things did get better-- he continued on, opening his eyes. --I just ignored everyone, glared at them the same way they glared at me. I didn't care any more. What they all thought…I forced my self to forget about it. But…at the cost I couldn't even have a chance at friends…or anything else for that damn matter. I distanced myself from my family as much as I could, didn't go to reunions or anything…found a new life with the humans…found a happier life-- he sighed once again, and laid down onto the ground. --And of course, in all this nonsense, I found you…-- he cracked an eye open. --Interesting hn? The great war that your family and mine fought side my side…and then we some how meet again…it seems a bit…like destiny eh?-- Yugi laughed.
 
“Yeah,” he answered.
 
--You don't know much about you're family history do you?-- Atemu asked, opening his wings and stretching them, then folding them back by his side. Yugi nodded sadly.
 
“I…don't know why but yes. I've always been kept from many secrets of my family. I've asked my grandfather numerous times to tell me the prophesy and legends…he declined every time though…” Yugi trailed off, his eyes shadowing slightly. Atemu blinked questionably.
 
--But why so? I mean I don't see and past or present things in you're family that would hurt you Yugi-- The other nodded in agreement.
 
“Yes I know, that's why I've always been confused…I could ask them though…my family is coming to my concert next week,” Yugi said, rubbing the back of his head in worry and thought.
 
--You're family's going to be there?-- Atemu repeated. --Isn't that the one I'm going to?-- Yugi nodded to him.
 
“Yeah…that's why I'm a bit concerned. I'm going to have to hide my magic from them because my magic puts off my emotion as well and they can read that,” he explained. Atemu grinned.
 
--And why would you have to hide your emotions?-- he asked with a nefarious look on his face. Yugi felt his face flush and he hid his face into his knees.
 
“N-no reason…” he muttered to the ground. Then he blinked. Whipping his head up he stared at Atemu…then screamed. “You knew all along!!!” he shirked to the other, his hands immediately going up and clutching his forehead. Atemu chuckled as Yugi's face went bright red and he hid his face in the ground.
 
-My god…I thought you…you couldn't…when I-I…I…I told you….oh god oh dear god…- the boy rambled into his mind. Atemu stood and walked over to Yugi. Laying down again he laid his head on Yugi's shoulder.
 
--But even though I knew, did you see me push you away at all?-- he asked, sensing Yugi's fear. The light looked up into the demonic eyes. Slowly, he shook his head. Atemu smiled.
--Then what is there to worry about?-- he asked again. Yugi, still blushing, looked to the ground.
 
“T-there's my family…at the concert…you'll be there…and they will sense it…” the boy felt his eyes stinging with tears. He buried his face in his hands. “They'll disown me!! If they find out I'm…I'm gay they'll reject me from the Motou family!!” Atemu blinked, then pushed his nose underneath Yugi's arms so his forehead was resting against Yugi's chest.
 
--I'm sorry Yugi…-- he whispered to the other. The other wrapped his arms around Atemu's head and buried his face into the other's fur. They just sat there, Yugi crying out, letting his tears finally fall. Soon though, they began to diminish and the only thing left to hear were the breathing of the two and small sniffles and gasps from the young one. Atemu drew his head back to look at the red-rimmed eyes of the young one. Yugi smiled weakly, and gently twirled his fingers in the fur of the beast.
 
“When can you transform back?” he asked. Atemu laughed.
 
--Anytime it seems. I can feel that my magic has regenerated enough for that anyway but…I do have to say…I'll be transforming back into a human…-- he trailed off. Yugi blinked.
 
“Yes…and what are you getting at Atemu?” he asked. Atemu laughed hesitantly, embarrassment flowing through him.
 
--To put into short terms, I have nothing to wear when I change back-- he said with embarrassment. Yugi fell in an anime style way, a blush on his face. The picture of a naked Atemu, most likely still wet from the rain, was not something he wanted to think right now.
 
`Get you mind out of the gutter Yugi…' he muttered to himself…or so he thought to himself. Atemu laughed, and Yugi immediately knew…that he heard it. Pulling his jacket over his head to hide his growing blush, he groaned.
 
--Thank you Yugi for that visual, I enjoyed it!-- he chirped. Yugi groaned again in discomfiture.
--Well…that's why I asked if you had a jacket before remember?-- Atemu said to the boy. Yugi blinked then nodded, his face still flushed.
 
“O-oh ye-eah…” he stuttered. Reaching into his bag, he pulled the thing out. Luckily, it went past the waist and even to the knees. Yugi put it down and looked up at Atemu.
“Here,” he stated. Atemu smiled and the closed his eyes. Yugi watched on as Atemu seemed to be concentrating on something when there was a sudden flash and the dragon was gone leavening…
Yugi shrieked, and whipped around to face the other way, trying to prevent from turning around at staring. At the quick glace, he felt his heart skip and blood began to flow to areas that were not need to be aroused now. Atemu was not just handsome…he was like a god. He had a well-built chest, all of his muscles well toned, much more that Yugi's would ever be. All over, his body was tanned, it being his natural skin color. The one thing that Yugi would have liked to get a better look at…were the scars lining his body; curious on where they came from. He heard Atemu's laughter, and the sound of the clothing being picked up.
 
“You are so funny sometimes Yugi,” Atemu said, laughing. Yugi blushed again. Hearing Atemu's voice on the outside more so than his mental voice, Yugi personally liked so much more. Footsteps came nearer and Yugi felt a hand on his shoulder.
“I put it on you silly, you can get your mind out of the gutter now,” Atemu mocked. Yugi glared up through his blonde bangs.
 
“My mind is perfectly fine thank you very much!” he muttered. Atemu laughed, his crimson eyes glimmering with mirth. Yugi blinked in surprise.
 
“Your…your eyes…” he started. Atemu diminished his laughter and stared.
 
“Huh…what about them?” he asked.
 
“They're still the way the way they were when you were a dragon,” Yugi said, only to earn laughter again.
 
“That's because my eyes really are this way,” he said, amusement in his voice. Yugi cocked his head to the side in bewilderment.
 
“But…but when I saw you before…” he trailed off.
 
“That's because,” Atemu started, brushing some of his hair back. “I have contacts I wear to change that. I really actually have perfect sight, I only wear contacts to cover up my eyes, nothing more,” he explained to the boy. Yugi nodded, then looked Atemu over.
 
“How are we supposed to get back into town?” he asked. Atemu brought his hand to his chin and let out a hesitant chuckle.
 
“There is a little problem there…” he said. Yugi laughed.
 
“And I don't think you want to go around wearing that in a city!” he mocked. Atemu glared.
 
“Not my fault I have no clothes!” he retorted. “Well, anyway there is a town near here, and if we could somehow catch a bus or taxi back to the collage, we'll be fine.” Yugi smiled and started walking.
 
“Fine with me, you're the one with no pants!” he said with a laugh. Atemu glared.
 
“Ha-ha…I've been in worse…” he said, following Yugi and clutching the material around his almost exposed form. Yugi glanced over at him.
 
“You cold at all?” he asked, picking up his instrument as they began travling back toward the small town that was near. Atemu shrugged.
 
“No really…a bit cuz of the rain, but over all I'm fine.” He re adjusted the coat a bit, so it was covering bellow his knees. Yugi nodded, turning back around and walked forward. Atemu was right up next to him. It took shorter than Yugi thought to get to the town. It was just a little bit of downtown San Francisco, but the less…rich area as you could say. Yugi suddenly stopped at the edge of the area, just in enough so no one could see him. Atemu bumped into his back.
 
“What is it?” he asked, rubing his head. Yugi looked back into Atemu's eyes.
 
“Atemu, what are we going to do about you're eyes?” he asked. The other blinked…the groaned.
 
“Ahhh, damnit! I forgot…Hmm, I guess we'll have to stop somewhere anyway. I'll buy some sunglasses and then since we're already getting that, get some temporary clothes too.” He said. Yugi nodded.
 
“Alright. Well, how about you stay here and I'll get everything. Just going into town people will stare at you attire and then notice you're face…humans tent to react faster then they think,” he said to the other. Atemu plopped on the ground, his hand on his chin.
 
“Belive me Yugi, I know.” Yugi laughed at that comment, and then exited the woods. Upon walking into town, he glanced around the area. Not to much was here. A house there, a gas sation here. Nothing much. He walked further, and soon came to a small area with a couple shops. Reading the sign, he walked inside. Glancing around, he saw a few others in this store. It was finely kept up, nothing bad about it. He travled over to where some pants and tops were. He eyed the clothes and felt a smirk come to his face. Walking over to the racks, he picked one out and eyed it.
 
“Excuse me?” he asked one of the workers near there. Then came up to him.
 
“Yes?” the woman asked back. Yugi held out the pants to her.
 
“How much are these?” he asked. The woman laughed.
 
“Actually, they're on sale sir. Only 50 dollars,” she told him. Yugi smiled.
 
“I'll get this then and…” he trailed off, and then took a random shirt from the rack. “And this. Oh, and these,” he walked up to the front desk and took some sunglasses. The woman rung up the prices and Yugi paid. Taking the bag, he thanked the woman and exited the store. Almost running back to where Atemu was, he entered the woods with a grin on his face. Atemu was just drawing little patterns and drawing in the sand when Yugi came running back near him. Looking up, he stood and brushed some of the dirt of himself. Yugi ran up to him and eyed the drawings.
 
“Bored are we?” he asked with a chuckle. Atemu rolled his eyes at that, then diverted his attention to the bag.
 
“You got it?” he asked. Yugi nodded, and handed the bag to Atemu. The taller one took it and looked inside.
 
“Yugi…” he started to laugh. Yugi just stood their, expecting this kind of outburst. Atemu laughter just got stronger. “You…you,” he doubled over, an arm over his chest. “You got me leather!!?” he burst out. Looking up, tears of amusement sliding down his face, he gave Yugi a mocking glare.
“Yugi…I didn't mean go and get your self broke!” he laughed. Yugi sighed in an annoyed manner.
 
“I found it…and I thought you liked leather you dunce!” he said while hitting the other with his fist. Atemu rubbed his head in a hesitant manner from the hit.
 
“No I do…it's just unexpected…” he said, taking out there rest. Yugi smirked.
 
“Well, surprise to you then!” he said with a chuckle. Atemu grinned, and then began changing into the clothes. Yugi, still a little embarrassed of looking, turned around while the other changed. A cough told Yugi that Atemu was done. The teen turned around to glance at Atemu. Now he was wondering…what was going though his head when he brought these clothes. The shirt that he had brought Atemu was a button up shirt, but they were undone. Yugi blinked questionably at that.
 
“Um…Atemu there's buttons on it for a reason…” he said with a sardonic kind of voice. Atemu looked down.
 
“It was to tight, so I decided to leave it,” he answered with a shrug. Yugi sighed, and took the sun glasses that he brought and handed them to Atemu.
 
“Here,” he said. Atemu took them and placed the glasses over his eyes. Grinning, he turned and walked out of the woods. Yugi followed the other with a smirk also playing over his lips. They walked down the street, getting a few peculiar stares for what they were wearing. In their eyes, a man who looked like sex idol, and a younger teen who had a violin and who had the aura of an innocent boy. Stange, to see such opposites walking together. They walked down to the first bus stop, and waited. A woman waiting there also glanced over with a raised eyebrow, then turned back to her small booklet. Yugi and Atemu also sat down, Atemu wanting to rest.
 
“I'm tired…” he murmured. --Flying for so long made my muscles hurt…-- Yugi glanced over at him.
 
-Like what? Your arms hurt too or something?- he asked, confused on what muscles would hurt from him flying.
 
--Oh…it's just like shoulder…a bit of my arms. It's nothing big, just uncomfortable is all. And I'm just tired too-- Yugi smiled and leaned his head on the other's shoulder.
 
“I'm tired too,” he said out loud. Atemu smiled and ran his hand through Yugi's longer hair.
 
“You hair is soft…” he muttered faintly. Yugi looked up.
 
“Huh…oh. Um…” a blush formed on his face. “T-thank you…oh,” he looked up at the older one. “Are you feeling better Atemu…from before ya know…?” he trailed off. Atemu blinked, and smiled.
 
“Yeah, I feel fine. It was like…only a couple second thing, I feel as if nothing happened,” he said to the younger one. Yugi smiled and sighed happily.
 
“I'm glad…I was just a little worried…” he whispered into the other's shoulder. Atemu chuckled lightly and leaned back, closing his eyes. Soon, a rumble like sound met their ears. Both looked up to see the bus. Atemu let go of Yugi and stretched his arms. Yugi also stood and grabbed his violin. The bus came nearer, and suddenly stopped in front of them. They got on, paid, and walked to two abandoned seats. Yugi placed his violin down carefully in a place where it would always be in his site. Atemu sat down next to him, and fell back into the seat with a sigh. Yugi glanced over at him.
 
“It looks like it'll be at least a 45 minute ride. Why don't you sleep for a while?” he told the other after looking at the ride schedule. Atemu looked up at him and Yugi could see his eyes through the lenses; them emiting concern.
 
“Yugi I can't…It's…it's to dangerous…” he glanced to the side. “I'm sorry…no…” Yugi stared, then sighed.
 
-Atemu…- he started through his mind. -Look, I know how to get around things, I'm not human, and I'm not mortal! I'm a mage, and one who knows quite a lot I might add.-
“Look at you,” he continued with his voice. “You can barly keep your eyes open! Just get some rest ok…please?” Atemu and Yugi exchanged eye contact for a mere second…and then Atemu sighed.
 
“All right Yugi all right,” he complied. The smaller one smiled and leaned back to look out the window. The bus was already moving, and they knew that they would be here for a while. A couple minutes passed…then about five then ten. Yugi finally, after losing himself in his thoughts, looked back over at Atemu. A soft smile crossed his face, and his eyes glimmered with mirth. Atemu had his head lying on Yugi's lap, his arms crossed under his head. His body had curled up into the small seat, his legs hanging off it. The sunglasses had fallen on the floor (Yugi picked them up) and his unbuttoned shirt was askew around his torso. Yugi gently placed his hand and ran his fingers through Atemu's long blonde, crimson and black locks. The other stirred slightly, his eyes moving under his eyelids, but he soon settled. Yugi looked back out the window, his hand absently continuing it's stroking.
 
`What am I going to do…' he thought. `When my family comes…they will sense everything. And since Atemu and me…well I really don't know what's going on…' he glanced down at the sleeping one.
`Does he really feel the same way about me as I do him…it's so confusing…' he sighed and leaned back. `I don't know what to do…if he returns my feelings…it'll be stronger and esiar to detect. Ahh, my grandpa will see through all my defences with ease!' Yugi felt tears on the edge of his eyes.
`Really…I lied to Atemu. They'll never disown me. They can't…I'm too important, and to why I am I still don't know! God damnit, why don't they tell me anything!' he said with annoyance in his mind. `They'll…' he started, then felt his thoughts get chocked up, as a one lonely tear ran down his face. `They'll kill him…' his fingers stopped the stroking and clutched Atemu's air, them shaking with fear.
 
“I…can't let that happen…” Yugi said out loud, his tears falling now. “I-I…I can't…” he brought up his hands to his face, trying to cover up the tears. People were staring at him, but Yugi had long cared about what he looked like in the human world.
 
Small cries could be heard from the ear's of the sleeping one. He had only herd bits of Yugi's thoughts…but he heard the part that said.
`They will kill him…' is what Yugi thought. Atemu didn't open his eyes then, though awake, but waited. Soon though, the smaller on began crying. The dragon, feeling a bit on the foolish side, opened his eyes slightly and sat up. The cries immedatly stopped for a second in shock, then continued. Atemu finally sat up at full, to see Yugi's knees curled up into his chest and his hands trying to wipe away the tears that didn't stop coming off his face. The taller one sighed sadly and wrapped his hands around Yugi's small figure. The boy didn't reject the touch, but embraced it. Wrapping his arms around Atemu's chest, he didn't try and stop his tears. Atemu gently moved the mage so that he was sitting on his lap and not on the seat. Yugi curled right into Atemu's arms, resting his head in crook of the other's neck. Atemu closed his eyes, knowing that the sun glasses were no longer present and whispered smoothing nonsence into Yugi's mind. The boy calmed at that, but his tears didn't stop.
 
--Yugi…Yugi shhh now. It's ok, you can stop crying...-- he whispered to the other, while running his lips over the boys forhead and everyother part of his face. Every place that Atemu touched left Yugi's skin burning with the need to be touched again. The taller one stopped his actions, and buried his face into Yugi's hair.
“Yugi tell me what's bothering you?” Atemu asked in a soft voice. The mage stayed silent, and the only indication that he heard the other was that he clutched his fingers around Atemu's shirt tighter.
 
“They'll never disown me…” he muttered to quietly for Atemu to hear. Atemu blinked, while putting his sunglasses back on his face.
 
“Can you say that again?” he asked. Yugi sat up, his eyes showing fear and sadness.
 
“If they find out they won't disown me, they can't!! They'll kill you Atemu, I know they will!” he screamed at the other, earning a few stares from people on the rest of the bus. Atemu stared.
“I know…” Yugi continued, settling back down against Atemu. “Because it happened before…” The older one blinked.
 
“Wait…what do you mean Yugi?” he asked. The teen sighed.
 
“It was my friend. He was also a mage, and had something special about him too. I remember…it wasn't that long ago. His name was Hakai. He and I both were…well we knew all along that we didn't really like girls that much. I decided to play it safe and just stay single till I was out of the house. He didn't live with me, but in the same area. Hakai…found someone that he really did love. I, at first, was scared. He was my best friend and I didn't want anything bad to happen to him. I also met his boyfriend, and he was really nice. Good looking, smart etc. I could tell why Hakai liked him. But…but then some other family members of mine found out and they told his parents. I was there when it happened…when they called the boy over. It was right there in the living room. They told Hakai to sit down and then they brought his boyfriend in. I was in the doorway…I thought that they would disown Hakai but they didn't. Right in front of Hakai…they killed him. Oh god…when he screamed…I saw the pain. He was devastated. So devastated…” Yugi sighed, buried his face back into Atemu's neck.
 
“Where is he now?” Atemu asked. The younger one sighed once again.
 
“After he died…Hakai fell into depression. He tried suicide so many times, and on his last attempt it left him in a coma like way. He ran out into a busy street and got hit…he's been in the hospital for over a year. I don't think he'll ever be able to walk or talk again, it damaged him pretty badly. Our magic also is very hard to do when working on the mind…so they allowed humans to do what they could…” Yugi felt tears flow down his face again. “It's so sad though…he doesn't want to live and they keep him here…I wish they would pull the plug, honestly speaking,” Yugi said. Atemu stroked his hand through the boy's hair.
 
“So your family hates homosexuals that much?” he asked. Yugi nodded.
 
“I still don't know why but they do…Atemu…do you…” he trailed off. “Do you really think of me…in the same way as I you?” he asked. Atemu smiled, closing his eyes and nuzzled Yugi's hair.
 
“I think you can answer that one for yourself Yugi…” he chuckled. Yugi did not though.
 
“Atemu…” he whispered pleadingly. Atemu ceased his laughter, then smiled.
 
--Of course little one…to not is a sin which to dare not complete-- he whispered, love infused within his voice. Yugi allowed a smile to pass his lips, but it soon dissapered.
 
“I…I don't want you to die…ever…before me…” he whispered, slight fear enlaced in his voice. Atemu stroked his head still.
 
“I know little one…next week I will try to cover up my feelings and power as best I can from your family…I don't know how powerful they are though…I can only do so much,” he looked down to his side. Yugi smiled.
 
“Well…until then be as open as ya want to be!” he said happily. Atemu laughed at that.
 
“I was hoping to give you a kiss after your performance and then we could confess our feelings there…or I to you but,” he looked around the area. “I guess I had to settle with a bus!” Yugi laughed, and then crawled out of Atemu's lap, earning a groan from the taller one.
 
“You moved,” he wined. Yugi laughed and leaned up against Atemu.
 
“Aww, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you later,” he said with a laugh. Atemu chuckled and placed his hand over Yugi's shoulder. The teen smiled and closed his eyes.
 
“I'm tired…” he said with a yawn. Atemu laughed and patted his head.
 
“Then sleep silly,” he mocked. Yugi nodded and fell into a blissful slumber on Atemu's chest.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DMYY- Hn, thank you all for reviewing! :D means a lot to me! And please, if you haven't reviewed yet, please do! ;) Anyway, good chappie? I though it was more of a filler/fluffy one here. Anyway, PLEASE REVIEW! Until next time ;D