Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shopping ❯ Shopping ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* * *
Shopping
by Edmondia Dantes

Disclaimer: Not mine

AN: Birthday present for Shadow Ivy!

* * *

"Come on," he says, and she doesn't trust his smile.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" she asks again, because he's shooting those quick little glances around that mean he's either scoping the place out or is as lost as she thinks he is.

"Sure I'm sure," he says, and now she's sure he's lying, because there's that guilty hint hidden in the gleam of his eyes.

"Liar!" she accuses, and swings a fist at him playfully.

He dances out of the way, so she chases him for a block and a half before he suddenly skids to a halt. She doesn't stop in time to escape smashing her nose against his back. He smells like boy and cheap beer and she stumbles back a few steps, rubbing her bruised proboscis with a careful hand.

"We're here!" he announces gleefully, "Toldja I wasn't lost!"

She looks up at the shop. Her eyes narrow sharply, and this time, the punch doesn't miss.

He ducks from her, yelping like a puppy, but they both know he's had worse. "Aww, Anzu!"

She folds her arms and fixes him with a freezing glare that she's pretty sure she's copying from Kaiba. "This is a sex shop, Jounouchi."

He grins and waggles his eyebrows at her. "I know."

"And WHY exactly did you feel the need to drag me out here again?"

"I toldja, I needed a girl's opinion! And I ain't taking Shizuka anywhere near someplace like this."

She raises an eyebrow. "An opinion on what?" she asks snidely.

Another grin, sharp and devilish. "Come on in and find out."

"...You're not buying Yugi anything here, are you? Because he's got a discount card here already..."

She saw it sticking out of his pants one day - probably sticking out because his pants are always painted on. She wonders if this is where he buys them, and wonders who would sell such things to Yugi. Then again...

He's shaking his head and grinning. "Nah, not Yugi. He wouldn't fit in it. Come on, Anzu!"

She doesn't know why she lets him take her hands and drag her into the doorway. "So who are you shopping for? Mai? Kaiba? Honda? If it's Haga I'm going to kill you on principle alone."

He flashes her another wicked grin. "Maybe it's for you," he says, and and when he pushes the door open for her, she's so surprised that she goes inside without a word of protest.

He laughs and lets the door swing shut behind them.

* * *

AN: Happy birthday, Shadi-sama!

Back to fanfic