Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shut Up ❯ Shut Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Author's note: One of my fave songs I decided to write a songfic for. Fanfiction.net took this story off because of the song lyrics. So now I'm posting the story here, where it will be hopefully appreciated. This song to me seems like it was written specially for one purpose: to be made into a songfic about Jou and Kaiba. I didn't want to make it a shonen-ai songfic, so it's basically all in Jou's POV as if he's talking directly to Kaiba. I kinda mixed in 1st and 2nd person, which is a different way of writing for me. Hmm...what else is there to say about this fic? My brother was rushing me so if the end sounds a little weird, blame him. He made me rush to finish the story and I didn't have that much time to reread it.
 
Disclaimer: I own the plot, but not the characters. And Simple Plan owns their song. And yeah...that's it. Please R&R.
 
 
Shut Up
 
There you go again. Flaunting yourself for everyone in this damn town to see. It pisses me off every time. When you walk down the street, people respect you. Hell, the girls fawn over you like you're the greatest thing since walking on the moon or something. And it amazes me that even when you appear wrong, you're always right.
 
There you go
You're always so right
It's all a big show
It's all about you
 
When I don't bother you, you always take your sweet time to insult me or criticize me. I'm sick of it. It annoys the hell out of me. Yeah, you think you can win the public eye over with your snazzy new inventions. Bullshit. You just want attention.
 
You think you know
What everyone needs
You always take time
to criticize me
 
Okay, so I'm not as smart as you. I make mistakes. Everyone does. But for some reason, you like pointing out mine. Do you love hating me? Is that what you live for? Well not today. I'm not gonna be your `dog' anymore. I'm gonna fight back.
 
It seems like everyday
I make mistakes
I just can't get it right
It's like I'm the one
you love to hate
But not today.
 
I just want you to leave me alone. I don't wanna hear what you have to say. You're a complete asshole. Always have been. I don't believe those crock stories about your `tragic past.' If it was so bad, why do you enjoy hurting others? Why do you enjoy hurting ME? I see you walking towards me now. You begin to open your mouth, but I shake my head and give you a full out sneer.
 
So shut up Shut up Shut up
Don't wanna hear it
Get out Get out Get out
Get out of my way
Step up Step up Step up
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down
 
I know you're a fake. Everything about you screams publicity. You make yourself presentable wherever you go. Even for a simple stroll down the street you have to be fancy schmancy. With those long, flowing trench coats that girls swoon over. Come on. Get a fashion check.
 
There you go
You never ask why
It's all a big lie
Whatever you do
 
You think you're special
But I know and I know and I know
And we know
that you're not
 
You like to show off because you think you're special. Who died and made you king of the world? Everyone sees behind your mask. I hope you know that. I know you ain't nothing special and so does everyone else who are smart enough to realize that you aren't worth their time if you don't consider other people to be considered part of YOUR time.
 
You're always there to point
Out my mistakes
And shove them in my face
It's like I'm the one you love to hate
But not today.
 
So shut up Shut up Shut up
Don't wanna hear it
Get out Get out Get out
Get out of my way
Step up Step up Step up
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down

Is gonna bring me down.
Will never bring me down.
 
So I'll say it again. No matter what you throw or dish out at me, I'll ignore you. Seems unlike me, right? Wrong. You know next to nothing about me. I've studied you. You're a hard person to study. So serious and insulting all the time. Not once have I seen you smile. Grin...smirk...laugh insanely...but smile? Never. And now, as you stand next to me, awaiting this opportunity point out something I've done wrong, I laugh insanely to myself inside my head. I've got you right where I want you.
 
Don't tell me who I should be
and don't try to tell me what's right for me
Don't tell me what I should do
I don't wanna waste my time
I'll watch you fade away
 
You can't dictate my life. I know what's right for me and no one, especially YOU, is gonna tell me what to do. I would never waste my time on scum like you. You think you're high and mighty, but in reality, you're lower than dirt. You treat everyone like insects. When your time comes, I'll watch from a distance as your fame fades away. As everything you ever knew fades away.
 
So shut up Shut up Shut up
Don't wanna hear it
Get out Get out Get out
Get out of my way
Step up Step up Step up
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down

So shut up Shut up Shut up
Don't wanna hear it
Get out Get out Get out
Get out of my way
Step up Step up Step up
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say
Is gonna bring me down
 
I watch you carefully as you smirk and begin to open your mouth. It's coming and I'm prepared today. I allow myself a predatory smile, one that doesn't seem to suit me. “So tell me, mutt, enjoy watching from the sidelines? Have you realized you're never going to match my skill...in anything?” you sneer.
 
Bring me down
Won't bring me down
Won't bring me down
Bring me down
Won't bring me down

Shut up Shut up Shut up
 
I take a deep breath and turn to face you head on. My eyes lock onto yours as you sneer down at me with that cold face of yours. I stare defiantly up at you and snarl, “Shut up, Kaiba.” I walk past you, making sure to hit your shoulder as I do so with my hands shoved deep in my pockets. I let a triumphant smile cross my face. I finally bested you. I finally bested Seto Kaiba. I, Katsuya Jounouchi, have left the mighty CEO speechless and dumbfounded for once. It feels good to know I surprised you. Now, if you just heed my advice...we'll be okay. Learn to shut up from now on, Kaiba, and everything will be just fine.
 
“Shut Up” by Simple Plan.