Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Simple Wishes ❯ Introduction ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Simple Wishes

A/N: I had an idea popped into me one day, wishes. I was basically rereading the manga, and then inspired by one of my own icons, I wrote this out. Of course, as it was my OC who actually got me the initial idea, I'm putting him in this.It took a lot of editing for this chapter to get to where it is now, so I would appreciate it if you commented/reviewed or whatever. Thank you in advanced.

*

I wish Jounouchi was alive… I wish no one else would die…
I wish everyone would be happy…

*

Blue eyes opened to a world of fields and fields of green grass, the perfect shade of green in each stalk, flowers that were all the same, a rounded red middle, and yellow petals, yet more true round circles, always five, never more. Then there was a blue pond, with no reflection of anything around it, even as he tried to peer inside, but the fishes were swimming happily on the surface of the pond, pure orange, their tail a triangle that stuck behind them, their body a oval, there eyes nothing but a lifeless black dot. The people around him were dancing, playing, jumping, screaming… but smiling.

They were all smiling, even as they were being pushed to the ground, being tackled, being punched, playing with knives, bleeding.

They were all laughing.

This was what he wanted - a happy place.

*

Amethyst eyes opened and he was looking in honey brown eyes that shone brightly, unlike the ones he had seen close… when? He could hardly remember anything, but a wish, and that didn't really matter now, did it? A scream of joy escaped him as he glomped the blonde, his tears spilling naturally. He had missed this person so much; he thought he would never have met him again. His friend did nothing, but raised an arm. Pointed at someplace, someone in front of him. Turning around, he saw one happy person lift a knife and stabbed another, who was grinning away.

He screamed, watching.

The smile was still there on the victim's face, but then he stood up, taking the knife out, as if it had never happened. There was a wound, he was bleeding, but he wasn't dead. Just smiling away.

He smiled.

*

There were people coming. They told him - they being the people around him, those who were smiling away. They needed no voice to tell him, he needed no voice to ask whom. He could understand them as well they could to him. Turning, he saw a blonde, leading a boy only a bit taller than him. Blue eyes looked into amethyst eyes, and they both smiled at the same time.

There was no need for voice. No need for communication for any kind.

By just gazing into each other's eyes, they knew everything. Names, age, likes and wishes.

Yes, the wishes they had made.

*

Yuugi. 16. Games. I wish Jounouchi was alive… I wish no one else would die…
Gary. 13. Quizzes. I wish everyone would be happy…

*

That day, in two different worlds, two boys had disappeared, both causing uproars in their own rights. But the two wouldn't know anything, the fear their friends have, the worry their loved one hold… After all, it was, to each of them, but a simple wish. To them, a hope that they held while they had lived in their own worlds.

It was all but their simple wishes.

~Owari?~