Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sky is the Limit ❯ Signs I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

 

A/N:

DS: WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm awake and feeling happy… sorry for the long wait for my stories…pisses me off myself, doing extra chores aint a good thing, BELIEVE ME!  Anyway, I'm doing my YANAlone chapter 9, but suddenly this came in my head…don't worry, I'm not abandoning YANAlone, I'll update it as soon as I get my chapter nine done…I'm planning a bulk update…or maybe not ^^

Kairu:  Hey, where's DCOH?

DS: Dunno…must be messing with the Hersheys in the fridge I bought last…

Kairu: CHOCOLATE! WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! (Runs off)

DS: Note to self-never mention the word chocolate to Kairu, EVER!

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

The sky was pitch black, and stars shined everywhere as a boy hurriedly went up the staircase, a bag on his back, and humming softly.

The boy fumbled with the keys, and he heard a voice inside.

He smiled.  It slipped from his mind that he was coming for a visit-his friend Dou.  With one last twist, the door cracked open.

Then before he could enter, a crashing noise of breaking glass erupted from the room.

"Uh…hello…?"

There was no answer.

"Dou?"

CRASH!

The sound came from his sister's bedroom.

The boy panicked.  Two crashes in a row is not a simple accident-if your friend is not clumsy, that is.

Ignoring the fear that gripped his lungs, his throat, he pushed the door with a slight creek.

 

Phew, I'm just chicken! No one's in here…

CRASH!

The boy's eyes flew madly at the door at the end of the room.

The BATHROOM!

The boy ran and opened the door madly.

The room was silent, eerily silent…

It made him tremble, it wasn't helping him feel better…

Then he noticed a trail of red sliding, staining the immaculate white walls crimson, near the tub.

Swallowing, he crept up and slowly slid the curtain away, revealing the worst thing that a 13 year old can ever see…

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sky is the Limit ::  SIGNS

By: DS

Rating: PG-13

Chapter I-Act One

 

 

 

 

 

"…And so, the feared murderer had hit the streets of Domino once again! This time it has attacked an apartment near the museum, killing a boy of thirteen, Wanabe Dou… who knows what is in this murderer's mind? When will he strike again? W-"

 

FLASH!

With a flick of the switch, young Yugi Mouto turned the TV off, too horrified to watch any further.

He proceeded to finishing his breakfast instead.  But it looks like he's just playing with his food rather than eating-he twisted the noodles around his fork and stared.

 

//Not in the mood to eat, aibou?//

/I don't know, I think the show freaked eating out of me…/

//I see//

/And I hate eating alone/

//?!//

/Duh, Grandpa's in Egypt to see his friend, dummy!/

//Hey!//

/Oh, sorry, I should've said 'mummy'!/

//WHY YOU-//

 

Yugi smirked.  Yami's sure irritated.  "Any time now…"

With a flash, Yami appeared, frowning at Yugi.  "What's your problem?"

"Nah, just bored Yami, I'm sorry."

"Whatever." Yami sat down beside Yugi as the boy flicked the switch of the TV and continued eating his spaghetti.(really, he's eating now!)

 

"…There you have it, from NTV, I'm Yuuko Aya reporting live from DominoMuseum…"

 

"What was that about?"

"Just some murder about a guy named Dou something." Yugi said.  "I'm not so interested…if anything…"

BANG! BANG!

"…Oh, great, who could this be, visiting in such an early time in the morning?" Yugi thought as he opened the door.

It was the first time he realized that it was raining when he glimpsed the slate grey sky shooting pellets of icy water down the street.

And at the door was a drenched, panting…

"MARIK?!"

 

 

Ryou Bakura turned off the noisy vacuum cleaner and impatiently dumped the trash it got down the trash can.

It was cold and rough that morning, but he didn't notice it until Bakura complained that it was freezing and he lit the fireplace. 

Sure, it was the same story in his house-his Dad's gone somewhere (God knows where that is!), Bakura began his day in a sour mood, and he had to do everything by himself…at least Bakura was becoming tolerable…

Ryou went back to the kitchen to find Bakura eating his breakfast.  "Bakura, would you mind cleaning up after eating?"

"And you'll go scolding me about ruining the sink!"

"It's your fault."
"I can't help it if some bubbly foam suddenly rises from the hole thingy and-"

Ryou rolled his eyes and smirked.  "Oh all right, just don't mess up the living room."

Bakura got up from his seat and muttered.  "Whatever."  With that, he left.

Ryou gathered the dishes up and noticed that the TV was open.

 

"… And now, here's what Detective Ayzashi have to say '…The body of Wanabe Dou was found in the bathroom, sprawling over the bathtub. Judging by the scene of the crime, the victim must've put up a fight…but the suspect escaped from the window…daring jump he made, from here I bet he's got some nasty injury… we'll get him in no time…' "

 

 

Ryou saddened. Poor kid.

The phone rang when Ryou had finished the dishes and turned the TV off when it was flashing nonsense commercials.

Bakura picked it up.  "Hello? Oh, it's you…what? Oh, he's here…I SAID HE'S HERE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!… RYOU!"

"What is it?"

"Phone for you."
"Who is it?"

"Mouto…" Bakura said simply as he sat down the couch again.

Ryou nodded then took the phone.  "Hello, Yugi?"

"Ryou, we've gotta talk." Yugi said on the other line.
"What's the matter Yugi?"

"I dunno, but Marik says we need to…"
"Marik?"

"Yup, our Marik Ishtar wants us all here in my house."
"What's up- a house party?"
"Nope, too serious for one-once you check out Marik's face you'll see what I mean."

"Gotcha, bye!"
"See ya!"

 

Ryou set the phone down.  "We're gonna see Yugi, Bakura."
"WHAT?!" Bakura got up.  "That kid's nuts! It's raining Sekhmeth and Anubis out there!"

"Bakura, he sounded urgent.  And plus, Marik's there."

"So?"

Ryou sighed.  "It might mean something's up, and second, we're not gonna walk anyway.  We're taking the bus."
"But we're still going to walk to the bus station!"

"So?"
"Damn it, baka hikari, we're still going to be soaked!"
"Yami, I've got an umbrella!" Ryou sighed.  "And you're gonna wear a jacket anyway so stop complaining!"  He tossed Bakura dark blue jacket.

"Wait, isn't this your-"

"Yes, it's mine, if you're so fussed about you getting wet wear it."

Bakura seemed to be thinking before tossing the jacket back.

"Bakura-?"

"Keep it, don't ask any questions." Bakura said simply.  "But just to answer what's in your mind-I'd rather get drenched than to wear something that's yours, you ruin my style."

With that, the tomb robber walked to the door.

To most people this means an insult from a very mean guy, but Ryou is not most people.  In fact, this made Ryou smile.  He seemed to get the message most people won't from the gesture.

"Thanks, Yami."

 

 

Yugi's eyes darted left and right at the strange scenario in his house.

Marik was pacing impatiently, while he and Yami sat down the couch.

Yami gave an uneasy glare at his surroundings. 

Everything was strange- Marik bursting in declaring an important meeting is needed to happen, soon Bakura and Ryou will arrive and hell will break lose.

Yugi bent his head against Yami's chest.  He was confused; he didn't know what was happening.  What exactly is going on anyway?

//Everything's going to be all right, little one.//

/I wish I can see the world the way you do…/

//No I don't see it that way, I just hope it would.//

/Thanks for the encouragement, Yami./

//I wish I can encourage myself too…//

 

BLAG!

The door burst open and Ryou and Bakura entered.

"Ok, what's up?! You made me drenched and tired-there's got to be a good reason for this baka Pharaoh!"

"Teme…"

"Yami, quiet down, Bakura, manners please!" Ryou cut both Yamis off.  "So what's up?"

"Something's up." Marik said.

"Stop it with the one liners and get straight to the point!" Bakura growled impatiently.

 "Guys, the guy Dou Wanabe who was murdered this murdered this morning…" Marik suddenly cut in.
"Oh him." Ryou remembered the boy reported who was killed.

"Well…he's someone who…"
"Well, what?" Yami said impatiently.

"He has a Millennium Item…"

 

 

"A-WHAT-?!" Yami gasped.  Yugi toppled from the couch in surprise.  Ryou slipped in surprise.  Bakura fell to his knees and caught him.

"A Millennium Item, oh great but deaf one." Marik repeated sarcastically. 

"B-but I thought there were only SEVEN Millennium Items." Ryou spoke up.

"Yeah, that's what I know-hey, what-GET OFF ME!" Bakura realized that he was holding his Hikari and pushed him off.  Ryou groaned.

"Dunno, but now there are eight.  I called Shadi, and he said he'll try to make it here to explain this…"

He brought out a small orb dangling on a metal chain.

"Hey, where'd you get that?!" Yugi gasped.

"Uhm…when I found Dou dead, this is what happened …"

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

"DOU NOOOO!" Marik shook his friend hard.  But Dou just set his pale eyes on Marik, bearing forever the image of sheer terror.

"Get away!"  Marik heard a croaking voice.

"YOU!"Marik growled as he turned around towards the stranger.  He wore completely black and his face was covered well.

"I don't recall inviting you here, bastard." Marik quickly brought out his Millennium Rod.  "And I'll show you what it means to be rude at our house!"

"RAAHHH!!!!"

Marik avoided the blade.  The attacker snarled and sent a mad kick at Marik who effortlessly avoided it again.

"For an assassin, you're so slow! You think that's gonna get me?!"

"Shut up!"

Marik smirked and set the Millennium Rod's sharp edge across the attacker's chest.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Then Marik noticed something glittering fall off from the stranger's pocket.

"THE ORB!"

The man gasped as he tried to get it but Marik swung the Millennium Rod and grabbed the chain of the Orb before the stranger could.  "Finder's keepers, pal."
The man snarled but seeing he was trapped, he could only declare.

"You will see, my Master will return…and not even you…" he pointed at Marik.  "…or the prophesized Light can stop him!"

With that, the man made his exit, crashing through the window…

 

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

"Dou told me this was the Millennium Item of his Master, but I doubt if it really is-after all there are only seven of them, and there should only be seven of them.  Dunno what it's called."  Marik finished.

"But with that being here, shouldn't that attract attention?" Yugi said uneasily.

"Yes, that's what I'm afraid of." Yami added.
"Oh come on, this isn't something…"

 

CRASH!

"That wasn't part of what I was gonna say."

"Oh, riiight…" Bakura rolled his eyes.
"Be on your guard, people." Marik announced.  "Unexpected company in the house."

Everyone quickly stood up.  Suddenly, Yugi and Ryou found themselves in a circle with Marik and their Yamis outside.

"Do you feel like we're the pups of the pack?" Ryou whispered.

"I was thinking of asking you the same thing." Yugi replied.

"OVER THERE!"

A sweep of black came from Marik's side.  Yami quickly blasted it with energy.

THUD!
"Take this, baka!"
CRASH!
CLANG!
"Argh, get off!"

"MARIK!"

BLAG!

CRACK!

"YAMI, HELP!"

"Yugi, get down!!"

BLAST!
SWISH!
It was noisy everywhere.  Yugi and Ryou could only stare as their friends fought the enemies off then…

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"RYOU!" Bakura quickly hit the attacker who went flying then hit the wall.

"Bakura behind you!"

Bakura got the other man. "You're messing with a Thief King with 3,000 years of experience, idiot!"

 

"Ryou, you OK?"
"Yeah, thanks to Yami."
Yugi grabbed a metal pole nearby and whammed an attacker.  "Any good ideas Ryou?"

"I'm thinking."
"Well I think I'm getting something but I don't like it…"
"And what would that be?"
"I think the assassins, whoever they are, are after us."  Yugi said.

"Obviously!" Ryou punched somebody.

"You guys are doing good." Marik came up beside them.  "Whoever sent these guys, I'll give him a good whack when I see him!"

"Truly."Ryou backed off as a man fell down due to his kick.

"Is there a way to-WOAH!" Yugi felt himself floating.

"YU-what the…?"
"AH!" Marik gasped.  The three were floating.

"Huh-YUGI!" Yami turned around.

"What the hell-?!"  Bakura gasped.

A hooded man approached the Hikaris with a dark smile on his face.  "I believe you have something that is mine, young one."

"Wh-what do you mean?" Yugi trembled.

"I've got no time to play games, hand me the Orb."

"Well, it doesn't matter if I do or not-I'll die either way anyways-so I'm NOT handing it!" Yugi said bravely.

"Brave, aren't you?" The man smirked, blasting Yugi to the wall.
"AH!"
"YUGI!"

"Oh no you don't!" The man forced Yami, and Bakura against the wall.

"Wha-I CAN'T MOVE!" Yami growled, realizing he couldn't lift his arms.

"Telekinesis." Marik guessed.

"Now give me the Orb, Yugi or your friends here will die."
"Like what I've said-even if I do give it, everything will be the same, I'll still die anyway!"

Yugi could feel the telekinetic hold on his throat tighten.

"Are you final about this?"
"Make me change my mind, and you've got something to brag to the world!"

"Idiot…"
"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"YUGI!"Ryou and Marik screamed.

 

 

CRASH!

 

A light blue ray attacked the man, sending him to the wall.

Yugi and company plopped down roughly to the ground.

"Ouch…"

Yami realized he can move freely.  "YUGI!"

"Yami…YAMI!" Yugi ran to his Yami.

"Are you all right?"
"Besides my neck hurting like hell, I'm fine."
"Hey, it's Shadi!" Marik pointed the white turbaned man by the door, holding a golden ankh shaped metal.

"SHADI!"

"You bastard!" The hooded man growled.

"You have committed a grave sin by crossing the boundaries of worlds." Shadi said in his trade mark mysterious voice.  "You have disturbed peace by creating a forbidden item out of the pure darkness and hatred of your heart.  You should have realized by now that you can never defeat the Light."
"But now I've got the chance to eliminate it-but you blocked the way!" The man growled. 

"Your madness has snuffed the remaining heart and soul you had…" Shadi sighed.  "Can't you see your madness will cause more than just destruction but…"

"I know, and that is my main purpose-THEIR SUFFERING!" The man pointed Yami and Bakura, and both raised an eyebrow.  "Without the Divine Light, darkness will return, and they will be who they should really be!"

"That period of terror is over…" Shadi said sternly.  "Don't let it happen again.  But if you insist, you will not lay on a finger on the Divine Light!"

"We shall see, Shadi, we SHALL see…"

With that, the hooded man disappeared.

Shadisighed.  "At least that's over."

"Who was that bastard?" Bakura demanded.

"Yeah, we all wanna know…" Marik coughed.

Shadisighed again and muttered.

 

"Ouaku…"

 

 

 

***

 

 

A/N:

 

 

DS:I'm done.

Kairu: Pwetty showt.

DS:  Don't eat when your mouth's full.

Kairu: Thanks mummy.

DS: -___- Well, that's all for now. See ya soon!  Please RxR.  Any questions can always be sent to my e-mail.  Feel free to comment/criticize but please no flames-they won't do me any good anyway.

Kairu:  NOOOO!!!! Flame her, I command you!

DS: Mean it, and you're banned from having whatever sweets I bring home for a MONTH!

Kairu:  Did I say flame?  I meant review! Really!

DS: Much better!

DCOH: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (Suddenly hears breaking noises from the next room)

DS: What was that?
Kairu: Uhm, DS?

DS: What?

Kairu: Did we leave a crazy DCOH in high-sugar mode in the bedroom?
DS: Guess we did…

Kairu: Uh oh…

 

DS & Kairu had left the room in a mad pace… a sugar high DCOH is not good for your home or health! ^__________________________________________________________________________ ________________^