Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Slave with a Hidden Power ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Explanations

The high priest and the pharaoh returned to their chambers and calmed down when they saw Sarah and Isabel. Seto walked down to Yami's chamber with Isabel where he and Yami asked the girls why they were called the angels of light and hope.

"A year before our parents died, Sarah and I found out that we had the ability to heal people and that we could heal bigger wounds when we combined our powers; not only that, but we could throw people into walls for self defense. Shortly after we turned eight, our parents died from a virus that attacked the lungs and spread to other organs from there." Isabel explained.

"That's when the slave traders came; they found us alone in our house and took us away to be sold. It didn't take long for our first master to discover our powers and to find that we were strongest when we were together. He told many of his friends and they decided that the best thing to do would be to separate us so that we wouldn't be able to help each other." Sarah cut in.

"That's when the beatings started. Every time we were beaten, we seemed to heal quicker each time so they started beating us every day, and for very long periods of time. My masters liked to slit my wrists at least once per beating just so they could see the white light emerge and heal the cuts." Isabel chimed in again.

"If you could heal, why didn't you heal your parents?" Yami asked.

"We can only heal external wounds; we can't heal viruses and other illnesses." Isabel explained.

"So, why do they call you the angels of light and hope?" Seto asked.

"I have a very strong will to survive and I never lost hope that one day I'd be saved from my life of torment. How the symbol of hope appeared on my head though, I have no clue." Isabel explained her side.

"I'm called the angel of light because I seem to have an extremely strong light aura around me that grants me the ability to bring light into the darkest of places. I don't know if I have a symbol on my head though; I've never felt any strange warmth emanating from there." Sarah answered.

"Well that solves that mystery." Yami stated.

"I've got a question, how'd you meet Yugi, Malik, Ryou, and Bakura?" Seto asked.

"That's an easy one; I saw Yugi running from someone and stood in front of him when I found that it was his father he was running from. I ended up getting beaten instead of Yugi. After that, Yugi introduced me to Malik and since he ran away from his father that one day, his punishment was to be shackled to the house by one wrist from that day forward." Isabel explained.

"I met Bakura and Ryou in kinda the same way. They were running from their master too but they looked behind them and ran straight into me causing us all to fall down. They apologized and introduced themselves quickly before they took off running again. I didn't get to introduce myself to them until the next time that we met. We'd been friends ever since. Bakura more so because I hardly ever saw Ryou after we met for the first time." Sarah explained.

"I see; I'm just glad you don't have to live that life any more." Yami said.

"And probably for more than one reason" Sarah put in seeing a blush arise to the pharaoh's cheeks.

"Oh yeah, we all know why the pharaoh likes Sarah, he's in loooove." Seto teased causing Yami to smack him upside the head.

"Oh come on, it's not like you don't love Isabel." Yami shot back.

"Yeah, but at least I can admit it to her." Seto replied.

"Yeah, why haven't you admitted it to me?!" Sarah pouted.

"Gee thanks Seto." Yami mumbled.

"C'mon Isabel, let's get out of here before Yami throws us out." Seto said, running out of the chamber.

"Are we finally gonna take that walk in the garden?" Isabel asked.

"Sure, if you want to." Seto said walking out to the garden with her leaning on his shoulder.

When they walked into the garden, they were ambushed and Seto was knocked out by Yugi's father before he took Isabel roughly by the arm and led her back to his place. He did what he had to Yugi after he ran off; he chained her right wrist to the wall and left her there so he could go get Yugi and Malik back. He managed to get Yugi as he was walking around the palace but ran into a problem getting Malik as he was talking to the high councilman. Yugi's father gave up on Malik for a while and took Yugi back to his house.

"You'll pay for this! Seto will have you killed for kidnapping his slave! What do you want with us anyway?!" Isabel yelled at him.

He slapped her across the face before saying, "Quiet wench! It's none of your business what I'm planning!"

He chained Yugi to the wall as well before he left again. Isabel suddenly got the idea to call out her monster when he came back and explained her plan to Yugi.

"Yugi, do you still have the card that Yami gave you?" She asked him.

"Yes, why?" he asked.

"As soon as your father returns, let's call our monsters out to free us and run back to the palace." She explained.

"Okay." Yugi agreed.

Yugi's father shortly returned carrying a resisting Malik. After he chained Malik to the wall, Isabel and Yugi put their plan into action and called out Volcan and Feral Imp. Malik in seeing this followed their lead and called out D. Human.

"What the hell?!" Yugi's father asked surprised.

"Volcan, burn him to a crisp!" Isabel ordered.

"D. Human, get us out of these chains!" Malik ordered.

After they were free from their chains and Yugi's father was most definitely dead, it was dark and Yugi asked of his Feral Imp to protect them as the other two monsters were sent back to their cards. On their way back to the palace, a gang decided to attack them; they didn't get too far as they saw the Feral Imp and ran away screaming like girls. They got back to the palace to find Seto and Yami in the throne room and Seto was pacing back and forth.

"Master!" Isabel cried running into Seto's arms.

"Isabel, Malik? Where have you been?" Seto asked stunned.

"Yugi, are you okay?" Yami asked as Yugi walked up to him and called Feral Imp back into his card.

"I'm fine Yami, thanks to the card you gave me." Yugi said as he let Yami hug him.

"Yugi's father got out of the dungeon and kidnapped us. I think Volcan had a little too much fun killing him." Isabel explained.

"Volcan killed him?!" Seto asked incredulously.

"Well, I did tell him to burn the man to a crisp." Isabel answered.

Suddenly Ishtar ran into the throne room and scooped Malik into his arms hugging him tightly; a little too tightly.

"Ishtar, air!" Malik strangled out.

"Oh, sorry, I was just worried about you." Ishtar explained.

"So you practically kill me by suffocating me to death?" Malik asked after he was able to breathe again.

"I said I was sorry." Ishtar reminded him.

"Well sometimes 'sorry' isn't good enough!" Malik snapped.

"Alright, you need a nap, bed time." Ishtar said hoisting Malik over his shoulder and carrying him off to bed.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry Ishtar; I don't need a nap really, I'm just grumpy from being kidnapped in the first place." Malik begged to be put down and to avoid his nap.

"Nice try, but you need a nap and you're going to take one; besides, you could use it after your ordeal today. It's late anyway and the others will soon be going to bed as well." Ishtar said as he opened Seto's door and put Malik down on his bed. "Now sleep." He said before leaving the room.

Malik didn't listen and got up to walk out of the room but when he did walk out Ishtar was leaning against the wall ready to escort him back into the room. Malik decided to make a game of it and dove between Ishtar's legs when he went to grab him and ran down the hall.

"Malik! Get your ass back here!" Ishtar yelled as he ran after him.

"Gotta catch me first!" Malik taunted looking behind him.

Big mistake; he ran right into Seto who was heading back to his chambers with Isabel at his side. This gave Ishtar time to catch up and he once again flung Malik over his shoulder and walked back to Seto's chamber where he put him to bed and let Seto take care of him should he try to escape again. Isabel couldn't help but giggle at Malik's pouting face as Ishtar left with strict orders for him to sleep.

"Oh, you think this is funny huh?!" Malik snapped at her.

"Yes, but mostly because pouting doesn't suit you." Isabel said, trying to hold in her laughter.

"That's enough you two, go to sleep; Bakura's already sleeping; though I don't see how he could be sleeping with us talking." Seto said as he crawled into his own bed.

"I'd like to sleep while you're talking but it is kind of hard." Bakura snapped sleepily.

"Alright, alright, we'll go to sleep." Isabel said.

After a half an hour, everyone in Yami's and Seto's chambers were sleeping peacefully, and awaiting daybreak.