Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Stockholm ❯ Stockholm ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stockholm

Disclaimer: I present to you a list of things I own: a couple pairs of socks, a bunch of drawing tablets, some magic markers, and paperclips. Note: The list did not include YGO, so therefore, I don't own it.

AN: I don't know if this is a prologue or a one-shot, so I guess that's up to you people to decide for me. Tee-hee.

Yami is gone.

I can't feel him anymore.

After everything he's done to me-abused me, humiliated me, alienated me from the rest of the world-I should be happy that he's finally gone…but I'm not.

I miss him terribly, the dark spirit who made my life a living hell for years. I can't believe I'm feeling this. I hate myself for feeling this.

I don't know why he's not inside the sennen ring anymore. I just woke up one morning, and didn't feel the familiar presence in the back of my mind, poking and prodding me, trying to convince me to do things I didn't want to. He just somehow disappeared.

I don't think he's dead, though. I don't think he can die. But if he still exists in this world, why is he gone?

I pound my fists into my pillow, hot tears trickling down my cheeks. "WHY'D YOU LEAVE ME?!" I screech, although most of the noise is drowned out by my pillow.

As my sobs began to subside, I realized just how much quieter it was without my yami here. It was like hearing death's whispers, every sound seemed out of place; it made my muscles tense. I felt scared without my yami there to chase the bogey monsters away.

How very childish of me.

My yami's threats on my life didn't scare me as much as the thought of being all alone. I really am a weakling, just like my yami says.

He never carried out the threats, though. But they still frightened the living daylights out of me. Because, although he wouldn't kill me, maiming me was still O.K.

I once tried talking to one of my friends from Britain about it, but that only caused the `friend' to think I was a freak. He never talked to me again.

And I never spoke of my problems to another person again. I withdrew into my shell. I never let anyone get close to me after that, because I was too afraid to.

But even with all the mean things my yami did to me, he was nice to me sometimes.

Whenever the kids at school picked on me, my yami would beat them up for me, and then we'd bandage each other's wounds.

He never said much on those nights, and he even spared me from my `training'. I would fix us both a cup of hot tea and we would sit on the couch in silence, except for the times when he'd scald his tongue and yell some Egyptian curses in the general direction of his teacup.

Those memories made me smile for the first time in days.

I didn't suspect it was a big smile, but it was a smile nevertheless.

Maybe I could live without my yami…

The tears rained down again.

Because I knew; I was too dependent on my dark to live without him.

My yami was all I had.

And now he's gone.

My yami is gone.

AN: That was fun! Ryou with Stockholm Syndrome! …sort of. Poor Ryou. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can visit this site: http://www.yahoodi.com/peace/stockholm.htm because I don't feel like explaining it right now, and they'd do a better job of it anyway. Bleeeeen!

Please review!