Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Stranded ❯ The Voice ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap: Yugi and Yami told each other about their lives. Yugi found out that Yami saved him when he was 8. Both were glad to meet each other again. When they went exploring the next day, they ended up going inside a pyramid. With help from Yami, they made it out safely. Yami took Yugi swimming and showed him New Atlantis. It was a pleasant meeting and a bad goodbye because they met up with Joseph, but had to lose Yami's brother Erick.
' is thoughts




Chapter 3: The Voice

It has been two weeks since Yugi was stranded . His grandfather was worried sick about him. Rescue crews searched tirelessly but never found Yugi. No one thought that Yugi might be on an island they believed to be deserted. Yugi was as safe as he could be. Even though he was stranded, he had a friend. Ever since he met Yami, he didn't feel so stranded anymore. Yami had shown him how to climb trees and all kinds of terrain. Yugi had a lot of trouble due to his size, but that was typical. He did fall a few times, but Yami used his magic to make Yugi float down safely.
Yugi was a fast learner and didn't quit. That's why he was able to learn in only two days. Yami was very proud of him. Yami learned to climb things in only two days himself. Swimming was another story. No matter how hard Yugi tried, he could never achieve swimming. He didn't fret though. Yami was there to save him. They were exploring the island some more. They came across two women. The women were decked in blue.
"Who are those women?" Yugi asked.
"I believe they're sirens," Yami responded.
"They don't look like police cars, ambulences or fire trucks," Yugi said.
Yami laughed at that. "No Yugi, not those sirens. In Greek mythology, sirens were beautiful women said to have beautiful but hypnotic voices. They would lead sailors to certain doom if not death," he said.
"Oh," Yugi said.
The sirens turned around and saw them. "Good afternoon," they said.
"Hello," Yugi said.
"May we ask who you are?" Yami asked.
"I'm Anora, and the dark-skinned one is my sister Rodema," the light-skinned siren responded.
"And may we ask who you are?" Rodema asked.
"I'm Yami, prince of New Atlantis, and this is my friend Yugi," Yami responded.
"You two look just alike," Anora said.
"I know, but I'm just an ordinary human," Yugi said. "Yami's a merman who can become human."
"Let's go Yugi. I'll take you swimming," Yami said.
"Okay," Yugi said happily. "Goodbye," he said to the sirens.
"Goodbye," they said together.
Yugi and Yami left for the river. Yami sensed something wrong with Anora. He didn't tell Yugi though. He had a hidden motive for the swim; he wanted to get Yugi away from Anora. Rodema was already aware of Yami's hidden motive. She didn't blame him. She felt sorry for all the sailors that had to die because of her sister. She pleaded to the gods to make her voice counter her sister's. She got her wish, but never let her sister know. For a hundred years she stopped her sister from killing defenseless sailors. Anora never suspected that her own sister foiled her plans.
Meanwhile, Yami was underwater with Yugi. Yugi would never be tired of seeing the underwater life. Yami on the other hand was very worried. He couldn't shake the thought that something terrible was going to happen. Yugi noticed that Yami was worried about something.
"What's wrong Yami?" Yugi asked.
"I can't shake the thought that something's going to go wrong," Yami responded.
"Come on Yami. Just try to enjoy yourself," Yugi said.
"All right Yugi," Yami said smiling. He swam on with Yugi. His worry went to the back of his mind for now. He enjoyed the swim with Yugi.
Meanwhile, Anora and Rodema were talking. They both had sensed Yami's power.
"Yami has great power," Anora said.
"Yes he does. He won't even be affected by our voices," Rodema said.
"But the young one will. He's as normal as any other human," Anora said. She was unaware that her sister was thinking of a way to stop her.
Meanwhile, it was getting dark. Yami returned to the cave via the river and climbed to shore with Yugi in his arms. Yugi had fallen asleep on the return trip. An hour later, Yami fell asleep as well. He would not get much sleep however.
His dream: He looked everywhere he could think of, but he could not find Yugi. He heard a siren's voice, but it sounded like it came from all directions. Rodema came to help him, and he followed her. An hour later, he saw Yugi about to go over a huge cliff. He yelled at Yugi, but Yugi wouldn't snap out of it. It was a battle of the voices. Yami dove in the water below in case Yugi went over the cliff. Rodema won the battle, and Yugi was free of Anora's hypnotic voice. However, Anora killed Yugi by throwing a dagger straight through his heart. He fell into the water, dead. Yami brought Yugi up, but was too late to save him.
Yami sat straight up, drenched in sweat. 'That was a terrible nightmare. I hope it never comes true,' he thought. He was too worried to go back to sleep. He watched over Yugi. 'I'll never forgive myself if Yugi got killed,' he thought.
The next morning, Yami awakened Yugi.
"Good morning," Yugi said.
"Good morning, sleep well?" Yami asked.
"Yes I did," Yugi responded. "How about you?" he added.
"I didn't get any sleep. I had a horrible nightmare," Yami responded.
"Care to tell me what happened?" Yugi asked.
"It deals with Anora. I dreamed that she killed you," Yami responded.
"I didn't wany to worry you, but I got some bad vibes for Anora as well. I have a feeling that we can trust Rodema," Yugi admitted.
"As do I," Yami said. "You want to do some more exploring?" he added.
"Sure," Yugi responded. He and Yami left the cave to explore some more.
Meanwhile, Anora waited about three miles away. When Yami and Yugi passed by, she followed them. Rodema was unaware of her sister's plot. She flew over the island. Anora started singing. She had a soprano voice. Yami's mind was occupied with exploring, so he didn't hear the voice.
However, Yugi heard it loud and clear. He stopped in his tracks. As far as the look on his face, it was a blank look. The voice, though very beautiful, hypnotized him. He turned and headed west. Yami was so occupied with exploring that he didn't notice that Yugi was gone. Rodema heard her sister singing. She automatically knew that Yugi was in critical danger. Last night, she overheard Anora saying something about sending Yugi over a cliff and into a pond that is three miles deep. Yami had just realized that Yugi was gone. He was running to try to find Yugi. Just like his dream, he heard Anora's voice. The voice sounded in every direction.
"Yami!" he heard a voice shout. He looked up and saw Rodema in for a landing.
"Rodema, where's Yugi?" Yami asked.
"In big trouble," Rodema responded as she landed. "Anora's sending him to a cliff that has a pond three miles deep at the bottom."
"Yugi can't swim. He'll drown if we don't get there in time," Yami said horrified.
"I know where the cliff is," Rodema said.
Fortunately, Yami was by the river. He dove in because he swam faster than he ran. "Let's go; I'll follow you," he said.
Rodema nodded and took to the air. She flew while Yami followed by water. They were both determined to rescue Yugi.
'You are not going to claim this innocent boy Anora. I'll stop you,' Rodema thought.
'You won't kill Yugi Anora. You will not be victorious today,' Yami thought. "Do you know how to stop your sister?" he asked.
"Yes I do. I felt sorry for the people who lost their lives, so I pleaded with the gods to save the lives of others. I got my plea. Instead of hypnotizing males, my voice can free them. For a century, I have been secretly foiling my sister's plans," Rodema responded.
An hour later, they reached the location. The river stopped there so Yami got out. He dried himself off and ran with Rodema. When they came to the backside of the cliff, Rodema flew up, and Yami floated up using his levitation. They saw Yugi about to walk over the edge.
"Yugi stop!" Yami shouted.
It was in vain.
"Don't waste your breath. You can't do anything," Anora said.
"But I can," Rodema said. "I will not let you kill this innocent boy."
"You're too late sister," Anora said as she continued singing.
Rodema started singing. She had an alto voice. Yugi began to snap out of it. Anora was shocked and angry.
"You were the one stopping me?" Anora demanded.
"Yes, I wouldn't let you kill another soul," Rodema responded.
The battle of the voices raged on. Half an hour later, Rodema won. Yugi was only five steps away from falling over.
"You won't stop me Rodema," Anora said as she pulled out a dagger. She threw it at Yugi.
"Oh no you don't!" Yami shouted as he ran past the sisters. He caught the dagger.
Unfortunately, the force of the thrown dagger made him push Yugi over. Yugi was in the water in a minute. The momentum from the fall knocked him unconscious.
"Yugi!" Yami shouted as he dropped the dagger and dove off the cliff. He swam down quickly. He spotted Yugi and swam over. He wrapped his arms around Yugi and created a geyser to lift them up.
They rose out of the water on a geyser. The geyser gently deposited them next to the river. Yugi coughed up water and opened his eyes.
"Are you all right?" Yami asked.
"I am now," Yugi responded. "What happened?" he added.
"You were under Anora's hypnotic voice. She wanted to send you over the cliff. There was a three-mile deep pond below. Rodema used her voice to free you. Anora didn't give up and threw her dagger at you. I caught it, but the force of the throw made my arm push you over the cliff. I dove after you, and grabbed you. Then I brought you here," Yami responded.
Just then, Rodema landed.
"Thank you Rodema. I couldn't have saved Yugi without your help," Yami said.
"I would not have forgiven myself if I didn't help to save such a young and innocent child," Rodema said.
Anora then came down. "I'm sorry. I didn't think through what I was doing. Killing a boy as innocent as he is would be a big sin," she said with regret.
"It's all right. I forgive you," Yugi said.
"As do I," Yami said. "If you should kill, do it to someone who truly deserves it."
"That's a great suggestion. I won't stop you from doing that," Rodema said.
"That's exactly what I'll do. Thank you," Anora said. She and Rodema flew off and away from the island.
"Can we go home now?" Yugi asked.
Yami chuckled at Yugi calling the cave home. "Sure," he responded. He wrapped an arm around Yugi and walked into the river. He swam back to the cave.
They soon came to a fork in the river, and Yami went left. They were back in the cave in an hour. Yami got out of the water with Yugi.
"I hope we never have to go through that again," Yugi said.
"You and me both," Yami said.
They ate fish this time. Yami had been able to catch some fish for them to eat. Yugi noted that Yami was a lot better at catching fish than him. After they had their fill, they started exploring the cave.


Done here. Preview for Chapter 4: The Secret of the Cave: Yami has been on the island for six years, but he never knew that the cave he and Yugi spent every night in led to a secret world. They find that out when Yugi leans against a wall at the back of the cave and falls through a secret door. Yami follows before the door closes, and they find themselves in a strange world. What will they find?