Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ Sensing Danger ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Day left Domino and night returned but the fete continued still for those who wished to remain, which was most of the teenage population there.

The shopping stools had been packed up just before it turned dark but the games and one little café stayed open to the public.

Seto and Yami had decided to stay for as long as they could, the day had been extremely fun for the young couple and they weren't prepared to leave each other just yet.

"Seto look, all the stars are out tonight!" Yami said, pointing to the twinkling stars shining in the darkened sky.

Seto looked up at them, "It truly is a perfect night." He replied

"Mmm…yes, I think I painted a sky like this before." Yami said

"Oh? What was in it?" Seto asked curiously

Yami paled, "Just the sky," he lied

"You'll have to show me some of your paintings some time Yami," Seto said "I bet there brilliant."

"No! - I mean, no." Yami lowered his voice, "There not very good, there just something I do in my spare time. Nothing special."

Seto frowned but decided to forget it, "Whatever," he replied

Yami sighed, they were walking aimlessly around. "So… how's your company going? Everything alright I hope." He asked

"Yeah, I just wish I didn't have to do *all* the work *all* the time." Seto answered, emphasizing the 'all's.

"But, you do have other workers," Yami said

Seto snorted, "They can't do anything right, there useless." He replied "And besides, I don't trust them."

"If you feel that way maybe you should fire them and get some people which can do the work who you can trust." Yami offered

Seto blinked, "That's quite a good idea, I'll think about it." He said

Yami smiled, "Good, then maybe you can spend more time with me." He said happily

"Wonderful." Seto muttered

"Hey!" Yami yelled angrily, sensing some playful sarcasm.


Seto laughed, "Just kidding," he said

Yami smiled again, "Are you hungry Yami?" Seto asked

"Yeah, I'm starved!" Yami replied,

They both stopped walking, "Me too," Seto said "Okay, you wait here and save this bench for us while I go get us something from that café over there."

Yami nodded and sat down on a nearby bench, "Okay." He replied

Seto then made his way towards the café while Yami waited on the bench in front of an empty swimming pool.

~

Seto stepped into a café with navy blue walls and a pleasant white tile surface floor.

A few teenagers pushed past him with doughnuts in their hands and left the café laughing and talking loudly with each other,

"Idiots." Seto muttered, strolling over to the counter to observe the snacks available.

The café was quiet and empty, Seto hadn't gone inside the café with Yami earlier because he knew how crowded it could be in the mornings but at night, it was virtually bare.

A young man stood idly behind the counter staring at him through thick black glasses, he wore a badge which showed he worked at the café and a plain blue shirt and pants.

'Now… what would Yami like?' Seto asked himself.

Seto felt himself being stared at and look up to stare back at the man behind the counter, "What!?" he snapped

The man jumped at Seto's loud tone, "Sorry chap," he said "I was just wondering if you were gonna buy anything or just nose around my uncles cakes."

Seto glared, "Watch your tongue." He replied, turning back to look at the food.

"Are you threatening me chappy?" The man asked

Seto sighed with annoyance, "Don't call me chappy, alright?" he said

"You didn't answer my question chap," The man persisted,

Seto ignored him, "Chap, I said -"

Seto turned to face him angrily and grabbed him by the neck, "I told you not to call me that!" he hissed, "Now shut your mouth now or I'll be forced to slit your throat and give you a lovely nice Chelsea's smile with the dagger in my pocket, got it!?"

The man cowered in fear, "y-you G-got i-it," he choked,

Seto let go of him, "Good," he replied "Now, how much are these..?"

Seto pointed to some strawberry iced cakes.

"T-there…" The man began.

~

Yami watched the people around him in envy, he wished with all his heart that he could live a normal life like them with Seto but he knew it wasn't possible.

Deciding he had depressed himself enough, Yami looked down at the pool in front of him, the night sky, the moon and all its stars reflecting in the water.

"Hurry up Seto…" he muttered to himself.

It was getting colder now; Yami rapped his jacket closer to himself and shivered slightly.

A strange feeling seemed to fly over Yami suddenly, he looked around…

Everything looked normal; the people were still walking about and all was quiet.

He felt uneasy and unsafe; the bench he was sitting on seemed to freeze in the cold air.

Yami looked around again warily but saw nothing strange but still, the warning feeling remained in Yami's senses.

Yami felt his heart begin to pound in panic and his breath made a slight fog in the freezing cold air.

Something was coming or maybe even watching him, Yami stood up quickly and glanced around again.

Still he found nothing but the horrible feeling remained deep in his gut, Yami then ran as fast as he could to find Seto in the café.

~

Ding!

Went the café's door bell as Yami fell inside,

"Yami? Are you okay Koi?" Seto asked in surprise at Yami's sudden appearance.

Yami tried to calm himself, "I'm fine." He panted, "What's taking you so long Seto? I don't like it out there…"

Seto smirked, "Are you scared out there or something?" he teased

"No, its just I was getting annoyed with waiting!" Yami replied

"Really?" Seto said, "Are you sure?"

Yami ignored the question, "Have you finished?" he asked

"No - I don't know what to get you." Seto replied

Yami smiled, "Well, now I'm here I think you should just get one of those doughnuts." He said

Seto nodded, "Two jam doughnuts." He ordered the man

Yami nudged him, "Please." He whispered in his ear.

"…Please," Seto finished

The man gave them two doughnuts, "That will be £1.00 then please ch-" he stopped at Seto's warning glare quickly.

Yami frowned, "Ch? What is a ch?" he asked

"Nothing, I didn't say anything!" the man cried

Yami blinked, "Okay, relax would you?" he replied

Seto handed the man the money, "Come on Yami, lets go eat outside." He said

"O-outside?" Yami stuttered

"Yeah, we can't eat in here; it's shutting in a few minutes." Seto answered

Yami followed Seto back outside fearfully.

~

They both sat on the bench,

Seto looked around in shock, "Where is everyone?" he asked, "They've all disappeared!"

Yami bit down on his lower lip, "Maybe they went home?" he said

Seto took a bight from his doughnut, "Maybe - it is getting late I guess." He replied "But it is kind of strange…"

Yami tensed as the warning feeling returned with even more power than before, "Y-yeah…" he stuttered

Seto then looked across and down to the swimming pool to stare at his reflection, his eyes widening at what he saw beside it.

Yami looked at Seto in worry, "Seto… what's the matter?" he asked

Seto didn't reply but continued to stare.

Yami became even more worried as Seto's expression changed from disbelief to something else Yami didn't understand.

"S-S-Seto?" he asked again

Seto didn't look at him but continued to look at nothing in the water, "Yami," he bagan, "where is your reflection?"