Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ 1st ending part 3: Breif forgiving & energy balls ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation.)

Seto saw the sharp teeth coming towards him and in that instant, also saw his life flash before his eyes.

Right from when he was born, to his brother's death, to becoming a vampire hunter, to meeting Yami, slaying him and then finally, his own demise - killed by a vicar demon that would probably eat his bones for breakfast.

He awaited the terrible pain he deserved but it never came. It was all to fast for Seto to completely understand, he heard a gasp for air and then, he saw a dark figure fly out from behind him with a splash of water which nearly soaked his back.

He saw the extended fangs tear into the demon's flesh, the blood seeping from Simon's neck while he screamed out in surprise pain.

Seto blinked several times to recover from shock and regain his senses; he stood there motionless staring at the obscene sight before him.

Yami stood attached to Simon by the neck with his fangs, drinking the blood which his vampire half craved and missed. Simon hissed at the feel of being drained, not liking the feeling that his victims felt when he killed them.

Yami felt overwhelming strength from the demon's blood flowing into him as he drank it, he hadn't ever taken a humans blood before let alone a demon's! His instinct was going mad with the desperate thirst for powerful blood.

Simon felt himself becoming weaker by the second, he raised his hand which now had sharp claws attached to its fingertips and swiped Yami off him, cutting Yami's cheek in the process.

Simon was shocked slightly, had he just hurt the messiah? But…how could he? Before he could hardly touch him! Had the protection spell been broken?

Yami fell onto his back, hitting the pavement painfully hard causing him to yelp in sudden pain.

"Looks like you didn't do your job properly hunter!" Simon exclaimed, "I guess I'll have to kill you both…"

"Curse you demon!" Yami hissed his back stinging with pain.

Simon merely laughed at the statement, he lifted his right hand and an energy ball formed in his palm ready to attack Yami.

Without thinking, Seto charged at the demon with his dagger raised high to strike.

A sharp ear piecing wail came from deep in Simon's throat as Seto pushed the dagger deep in the demons gut, the energy ball disappeared as Simon used the hand to push Seto away from him and remove the dagger.

Seto stumbled to Yami's side, the bloody dagger still being tightly held by him and offered Yami a hand quickly to help him up.

Yami took it and steadied himself in a standing position, "Thank you," he breathed

"Don't mention it, I owed you one." Seto replied, "I'm so sorry…"

"It was my fault," Yami said, "I should have told you; I'm the one who should be sorry."

Seto opened his mouth to tell him otherwise but was cut off by Simon,

"How sweet…" he sneered at them, "Now you can die, together!"

Another energy ball was flung towards the couple; Seto grabbed Yami's hand quickly and pulled them to safety, escaping the energy ball by a mere two centimetres to the left.

Simon growled in annoyance, what little patience he had left beginning to die as he throw a even stronger energy ball towards Seto.

Yami tossed Seto away from it with all his strength, the ball hitting him instead.

He howled in pain, falling to his knees as he held the fresh wound on his chest, attempting to stop the blood.

Seto pushed himself up, "Yami!" he cried out in shock,

Yami looked up, his eyes widened "Seto, get out of the way!!" he shrieked

Seto blinked and turned just in time to see the huge energy ball coming rapidly to hit him.