Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tea For Two ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: [shounen-ai, AU, slight angst]. One day Bakura is bored so he looks through his roommates, Ryou, room. There he finds a tape of an eight-year-old Ryou singing. Bakura signs Ryou up for choir without Ryou knowing. Ryou goes to the choir classes there he meets a boy from Egypt, one he will fall in love with. Pairings- Malik/Ryou, Bakura/Marik, Seto/Yugi, and Yami/Joey

Tea for Two
Chapter Four
By: MissPatriciaPotter

"No way! Your partner is the sex god that was in here yesterday!" Duke said loudly, not believing the news that Ryou was telling him. Ryou was on his break, venting to Duke about the partners that they had received in choir. Duke was one of the few people Ryou fully trusted the first person he had made a friend with when he had arrived here. Ryou trusted Bakura, a tiny bit, but Ryou had told Bakura it took a lot of time until he was ready to open up to people.

"Duke!" Ryou said firmly, "keep it down." Ryou checked the clock he had exactly five minutes left in his break, so did Duke.

"We should be getting back to work."

"Yeah."

~*~

Malik sat in his bedroom looking over the sheet music for the song Ryou and him were supposed to sing together. It was a Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Simon and Grufengel. It was a great song in Malik's opinion that reflected himself.

When you're weary
Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all

I'm on your side

When times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street

When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you

He had been a bit surprised to be working with Ryou. Ryou seemed like a nice guy, very quiet but nice.

Maybe he would go call him to talk.

~*~

"So I met some one." Duke said joyfully, amidst all the talking going on in the coffee shop. Today was Friday, and also the special was what attracted people to the business. Coffee and a Danish, with free refills for the coffee, all for two dollars.

Ryou finished putting the foam on top of the Double Expressio that he was making. "Really?" Ryou squeaked out.

Duke nodded and took the tray load down with an assortment of drinks to their correct tables. Another waiter was on duty tonight, he had just been hired, he was also in Ryou and Malik's choir class, Yugi. Yugi was the one currently taking all the orders and rushing back to the counter to tell Duke and Ryou the orders. At times Duke or Ryou had to hand out the order because of how hectic it had gotten, but that was excepted. One person couldn't do all the work, so everyone helped each other out.

Duke arrived back at the counter, where Ryou was putting the finishing touches on a latte. "He is really nice, wait make them both."

Ryou stopped for a split second, "two? Elaborate please?"

Ryou knew that Duke had been hurt in the past, everyone only saw the small lithe figure, the long black hair, the piercing emerald eyes, and the dazzling smile, made everyone think that Duke was 'easy'. Everyone thought he was a pretty boy that couldn't defend himself. Duke had personally told Ryou that he had taken self-defense lessons after his first breakup. Duke had told Ryou that his past relationships hadn't been great. Maybe with two people, Duke thought if one didn't like him or stopped liking him, he would still have a backup.

"Well I met this guy in that newest club, 'Light and Dark' (1), we talked for a while, then agreed to meet at another time. When I met him at the park he was there with another male, I thought he had totally forgotten about me, but he said it would work out. He will be here to pick me up."

~*~

Ryou walked quietly into the apartment, he still had his work uniform on, and he walked by the couch where Bakura and Marik were sleeping on. Marik had his arms possessively warped around Bakura's waist. Bakura was so lucky to have someone care a lot about him; Bakura probably didn't know how lucky he is. Duke's boyfriends seemed really nice and genuinely cared about Duke's well being, thus Ryou was happy for him. But he felt a twinge of jealousy towards the two; after all they had something he didn't have.

Ryou walked into his bedroom collected a few things then went in to the bathroom to take a shower.

~*~

"Oh Ryou I forgot to tell you, Malik called yesterday." Bakura said between mouthfuls of the delicious breakfast that Ryou had cooked.

"I wonder what he wanted?"

"Probably to have someone to talk to." Marik piped up.

"I'll talk to him today and apologize for not calling him back."

"Remember when I told you he was too polite." Bakura muttered to Marik.

~*~

Surprisingly Malik was already in the music room when Ryou walked into the room. This was quite a different change of pace for Malik had been late for the last two days.

"Morning Ryou."

"Morning."

"I tried calling you last night and you weren't home, I guess you were working."

"Yeah I was, I'm sorry I didn't return your call."

"It's okay, I'll just ask you here, and can you come over to my apartment to practice our song?"

"Sure."

~*~

"I asked him out." Malik was leaning up next to a locker beside him was Seto and Yugi.

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Aww that is so sweet." Yugi gushed, his voice sugary sweet.

"Yugi," Seto gently took Yugi's hand into his, "remember we are to be practicing today, actually," the bell rang, "right now."

"Okay Seto. By Malik see you tomorrow hope you have a good time tonight."

'I hope so too.'

~*~

Ryou arrived at Malik's apartment, just as Marik was leaving. Marik was dressed in a pair of tight fitting black pants with a red dragon going up on the right leg, and a black pullover.

"I have a date with Bakura." He said with a wink, then left. Ryou treaded inside. Malik and Marik's apartment was of the same basic design as his, but it appeared they had a bigger living room. Malik was leaning against the wall, sipping a coke. He was dressed simply in a pair of loose fitting jeans and t-shirt.

"So let's begin." Malik directed Ryou over to a corner in the living room, where there were two music stands already set up.

~*~

"That was really fun, I hope to do something together again." Ryou was slipping on his jacket, scarf, and mitts.

"Yeah, how about the mall next Saturday?"

"..I have a shift in the morning that goes till eleven but after that I'm free."

"I'll meet you at the coffee house be prepared to shop."

~*~

"So the big date is today?" Once again Ryou was talking to Duke over their break. It seemed to be a routine thing now. Ryou knew that he trusted Duke with his secrets. Duke had told Ryou a huge secret the first time the two worked together. Ryou had been worried about having a new coworker, but as soon as he saw Duke he relaxed. Duke introduced himself and the two went about their duties for their shift, near the end of the shift, business slowed down there was only one person in the store. Duke and Ryou began to talk. It turned out Duke lived with his Father, his Mother had committed suicide on a cold February night. Duke blamed himself for that even though it hadn't been his fault. Ryou had been shocked, Ryou had told Duke that he had had experienced a loss in his life. They became friends after their first meeting. Every time their boss, Pegasus, a creepy thirty year old with long white hair, and a patch on one eye, they would request to be together.

"Yeah."

"I wish you luck."

"Thanks."

1- Made up name for a night club