Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Damned ❯ A Boy's Loss ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim to own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters. They still rightfully belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Please don't sue me; I have very little money.

Author's Notes: I will be using the character's Japanese names. For those of you that don't know them Joey is Jounouchi, Tea is Anzu, and Tristan is Honda.

Tears of the Damned

A Boy's Loss

Yugi walked slowly toward the Kaiba mansion. He knew that it would be almost impossible to beat Seto without his Yami. His Yami had helped him in all of his previous duels with Seto. Could he really win on his own?

Before Yugi could take another step, Yugi heard Jounochi call out to him. He turned around and saw his friends, Anzu, Honda, Jounochi, and Bakura. The white-haired boy looked terrible. He had a black eye, and many large bruses on his arms. Yugi wondered what had happened to him, but decided it was not the best time to ask.

"Hey Yuge, where's your millennium puzzle?" Jounochi asked the tri-haired boy.

"...I...lost...it..."

"How can you beat Seto without your millennium puzzle?"

"I don't know."

"Of course you can! I have faith in you!"

"Do you really think I can do that Jounochi?"

"Of course you can!"

"Well, I'll try it."

The teenagers stepped towards the large mansion doors. Yugi slowly lifted his right hand to knock the door, but let it drop. He turned his gaze to Jounochi and muttered, "I can't do it. I can't face Seto like this."

Suddenly, the door swung open. Behind it stood a skinny man in his fifties, clad in a newly ironed suit. "Please, follow me," the man said in a slight French accent.

He lead them to a large room with a large dueling platform in it. Seto was already standing on one side of the dueling platform; Mokuba behind him. Seto smiled evilly as he watched Yugi walk slowly into the room, with his friends behind him. It was obvious to anyone that the violet-eyed boy was afraid, especially to Seto. Perhaps Yugi would not be the worthy adversary he had hoped for.

Yugi slowly stepped up the platform, glancing down at his friends quickly for support. He knew all of them had faith in him, and his abilities as a duelist. He couldn't let them down; even if Yami wasn't there to help him.

***

Yami Yugi looked around the familar surroundings of his soul room. He knew that he was no longer with his aiobau, but did not know who had stolen the millennium puzzle. The spirit knew that his light was nearby, and that he was in trouble, but he could do nothing about it at the time.

***

Yugi quickly glanced at the cards he had in his hand. He knew none of them were strong enough to do any real damage. The teen took a card from his deck. It was the Beaver Warrior. He put it in defense mode.

Seto smirked evilly. He played the Mystic Clown in attack mode, and destroyed Yugi's Beaver Warrior.

Yugi drew yet another card from his deck. It was Curse of Dragon. He played it in attack mode, and obliterated Seto's Mystic Clown, lowering Seto's life points to 1600.

Seto cursed under his breath. This duel was going to be a little more difficult than he had anticipated. There was definately something different about Yugi, but he didn't know quite what it was. Could it be his hair? No, it was just as bad as usual. Hmmmm... wait a minute! That stupid puzzle that he always wore around his neck was gone! Could it be a good luck charm of sorts? If so then Yugi was even more superstisious than he had anticipated.

Seto smirked and decided he should finish this off. He played the Blue Eyes White Dragon in attack mode, and destroyed Yugi's Curse of Dragon, lowering Yugi's life points to 1300.

Yugi gulped. He hadn't anticipated that Seto would use his Blue Eyes White Dragon so early in the game. He must have noticed the change in his dueling skills. All he could was hope for the best. He looked at the cards in his hand. They were all usless against Seto's Blue Eyes White Dragon. He decided he would just have to trust in the heart of the cards.

He picked up a card from his deck. He slowly lifted it to his face and opened his eyes to look at it. The teen looked at the card in shock. The heart of the cards had never failed him before, why would it fail him now?

The tri-haired teen contemplated his next move. He could pass, but there were no monsters on the field so Seto could attack his life points directly. The teen played the Mystic Elf that he had drawn from the deck in defense mode. At least this would buy him some time.

Seto drew another Blue Eyes Dragon from his deck, and played it in attack mode. The blue-eyed teen smirked evilly. Yugi would never be able to defeat the monster he was about to create. The small boy wasn't as good as he usually was. Could that puzzle really be so important.

Yugi frowned slightly. He knew Seto was going to attempt to create the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon as he had done in previous duels. Now he would just have to draw Kureebo, and combine it with the Multiply.

The violet-eyed boy drew a card from his deck. He had drawn Kureebo. Maybe he could win this duel after all. He just had to believe in the heart of the cards.

Seto drew a card and scowled. He had drawn the Ryu-Kishin. This card was completly usless to him. The tall teen passed his turn.

Yugi smiled. Now if he could only find the Multiply. He slowly drew his next card. It was Gaia The Fierce Knight. He played it in defense mode to buy some time.

Seto drew his next card and smiled evilly. He had drawn the Fusion card. He would need this in the future to combind his Blue Eyes White Dragons.

Yugi drew from his deck once again. He frowned slightly when he saw he had drawn the Feral Imp. He played this card in defense mode.

Seto smiled. Yugi was definatly not playing as well as he had in previous duels. He used to be so confident in his previous duels. Now he seemed so unconfident.

The blue-eyed teen drew a third Blue Eye White Dragon. He played it in attack mode, and combind all three white dragons with his fusion card, to create the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

Yugi drew yet another card. It was Summoned Skull. He played it in defense mode along with his other monsters.

Seto smiled evilly. His Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon attacked, and destroyed all of Yugi's monsters.

Yugi drew another card from his deck. It was the Horn of The Unicorn. Now that his Feral Imp was destroyed there was nothing he could do with this card. He looked at the cards in his hand. They were all completly usless. All he could do was pass.

Seto looked at Yugi with astonishment. With no monsters out on the field he could attack Yugi's life points directly. What did Yugi think he was doing?

The Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon attacked Yugi's life points, leaving him only 300. He knew his next turn would be his last if he didn't draw the Multiply card from his deck.

The violet-eyed teen drew a card. He opened his eyes slowly to see that he had drawn Remove Trap. This card was completly usless. Yugi surrendered.

Author's Notes: I know this chapter was boring, but hopefully the next one will be a little more interesting. I am aware that I shouldn't even try to write anything about Duel Monsters, but don't worry this will be the last time I'll try. I'm sorry it took me so long. Hopefully, the next chapter will be updated sooner. -_-*