Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Damned ❯ Confession ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim to own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters. They all rightfully belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Please don't sue me, I have very little money.

Author's Notes: This chapter will be fairly uneventful, so please try to bear with me for now anyways. I'll try to make the next few chapters more interesting.

Tears of the Damned

Confession

Bakura woke up in the morning with a sore neck, and back. Heck, he was sore everywhere! Ryou waited a few minutes for his eye to adjust to his surroundings. He found that he had fallen asleep on the living room carpet! The white-haired teen sat up and tried to remember how he could have gotten there last night. In a minute or two it all came back to him. When he had returned home last night his yami had appeared, and forced him to agree to assist him on his quest to find all seven millennium items. He had provoked the spirit, and had been beaten for it.

The brown-eyed youth got up and went to the bathroom, to check his wounds. He had a large cut on his face, and many bruises on his arms. There was a mark on his neck from where his yami had choked him. Ryou lifted up his shirt to reveal the spirit had given him even more bruises on his stomach.

The white-haired teen finished cleaning the wounds, took a quick shower, and got into another outfit. Then he began to make breakfast. He began to wonder what tasks Yami Bakura would force him to perform in order to find the millennium items. It was difficult enough to see Yugi suffer because of his yami's plans. Of course the world would suffer in the end.

Ryou brushed his teeth quickly; wanting to get out of the house before his yami could make another appearance for he usually appeared when he was home alone. He also wanted to see Yugi to make sure he was all right. Bakura felt horrible about what he had done to the violet-eyed youth, even though it wasn't really his fault. He had no way of stopping anything his darker self did, or about to do.

***

Yugi had got up, showered, dressed, ate breakfast, and brushed his teeth hours ago. He was still wondering about the dream he had, had that night. The tri-haired boy had asked his grandpa about it, that morning. Grandpa had nodded and said it was very possible that Yami Bakura had possession of the millennium puzzle.

The violet-eyed teen decided he should try to contact Bakura. If his yami was up to something then Ryou definitely knew about it, and he if he could manage to figure out what Yami Bakura was planning then maybe he could stop it. Then he could get the millennium puzzle, and his yami back.

The tri-haired youth had been very lonely without his yami for the past two days. When his yami was around Yugi always felt safe and protected, but now he felt alone and vulnerable. Of course Yami was not just a protector, he was also a friend, and that was what Yugi missed the most. Sure he had felt terrible when he had lost to Seto, but it felt worse knowing he may never see Yami again.

***

After Ryou finished brushing his teeth, he walked quickly toward the door. For some reason he wanted to leave the house very badly. He had never liked being all alone with his yami, but now he seemed to absolutely detest it. The white-haired teen turned the handle slowly. Before he had a chance to actually open the door a cold, clammy hand grabbed his wrist.

The brown-eyed youth felt as if he were going to faint. Yami Bakura was scary enough when he expected him to appear, but this was just too much. Bakura turned his head slowly to find his gaze was met by none other than his darker self. The yami smiled wickedly. "Did you really think you could escape me that easily?" Yami Bakura whispered softly in his ear.

Ryou whimpered in response. He was almost sure that he would be 'punished' again, and it would be even less pleasant than it had been last time.

The spirit smiled and shook his head. "I can't believe you would expect me to be so cruel to you. If you do exactly as I say you will remain completely unharmed. Tonight we are going to steal the millennium eye from Pegasus. You are free to leave until then, but do not mention a word of this to anyone, or you will pay dearly!"

Bakura nodded, swung open the door, and ran out in a matter of seconds; completely unaware that his yami had returned to the millennium ring around his neck. He continued to run until his house was far out of sight. When he finally stopped he looked around only to discover he was right in front of the turtle game shop.

***

Yugi looked out the window, and saw Bakura standing almost directly in front of the Turtle Game Shop. The violet-eyed boy almost smiled, which was something he hadn't done for the past two days. He dashed out of the game shop to meet his white-haired friend.

As Yugi got closer he realized his back was now facing him. The tri-haired youth decided that now wouldn't be the best time to surprise him so he called out to him. Bakura still didn't turn around so he yelled even louder than he had before. This time he got a reaction, but not the reaction he wanted. Instead of turning around and greeting him, Ryou ran off.

Yugi stopped for a moment, wondering why Bakura would do something so rude. In all the time he had known him he had always been a perfect gentlemen. There must be a reason for his strange behavior. Yugi decided to follow him so he might be able to figure out what it was.

***

When Ryou heard Yugi calling out to him he had been absolutely paranoid. The short teen probably knew that his yami had stolen his millennium puzzle. It was so obvious, how could he not know? Yugi probably wanted to ask him about it, or maybe even help him recover it! He wanted to help his friend, but his yami would punish him if he tried. All he could do was stay away from Yugi.

Bakura stopped for a second, mainly because he was exhausted from all the running he had done, but also because he wanted to see if Yugi was still behind him. Sure enough he was catching up quickly. There was no way he could run any more, besides Yugi was always full of energy, he could run for hours without getting tired. All he could do was stand there, and wait for the inevitable.

***

Yugi looked ahead, and smiled a little. Bakura finally stopped! When the tri-haired teen got closer he could easily tell his friend was exhausted. That must be why he stopped. In all the time Yugi had known him, Ryou had never given him the impression of being a very athletic person. Today he proved this was true.

"Bakura! Why did you run away from me?" Yugi asked in an almost pleading tone.

"Well, I... ah... well... um... didn't see you."

"Then why were you running?"

"I like to jog in the morning."

"That looked more like running."

"Um... well... I..."

"Tell me the truth, Bakura! Did your yami steal my millennium puzzle? Is Yami all right?" Tears flowed freely down Yugi's face, but he didn't care. All he wanted was his yami, nothing else mattered.

***

This was too much! His friend was standing before him crying because of his darker self, begging for the one thing he couldn't give him. There was nothing he could do now, other than telling him the truth, even if he would be punished for it.

"Yes, he did, Yugi. He plans to steal all seven millennium items, and he's forcing me to help him. I'm sorry I can't do anything, Yugi. He is too powerful. I don't know if your yami is okay, but I think he's fine, for now. I'm sorry, Yugi, I'm really sorry."

"Thank you, for telling me that, Bakura. At least I might have a chance of getting my millennium puzzle back. Why don't you come to my house. I'll make tea."

***

Ryou got home at about nine o'clock at night feeling miserable and happy at the same time. He was glad that he had given Yugi a chance to retrieve his millennium puzzle, and his friend, but he was fearful of what his yami would do to him. The brown-eyed teen told Yugi everything over 'tea' at Yugi's house. He knew the spirit had been listening to the entire conversation, and would punish him the second he entered his home. He couldn't run from his yami forever, he was a part of him now. All he could do was await his punishment.

The white-haired boy turned the door knob slowly, and crept into the empty house. His parents were away again. They were in Egypt this time, for some reason they had been going there often. Bakura looked around, expecting his yami to appear any second. When the spirit didn't appear he relaxed a little. Perhaps the yami wasn't as observant as he had anticipated.

***

The rest of the evening was uneventful. Bakura was too tired to want to cook, so he put a TV dinner in the oven, and channel surfed for a while. At around twelve o'clock he decided he'd better get some sleep, though he wasn't really tired.

He got off the couch, brushed, flossed, put on his P.J.s, and went to bed. It was nice to be alone for a change; normally he would have been beaten to a bloody pulp, but today he was lucky. Maybe his yami was in a good mood, but was that even possible? Probably not.

***

At three o'clock in the morning, Bakura felt a cold hand grab the back of his neck. He was pulled up by his collar. Ryou was thrown out of the bed, and landed on his bedroom floor. He looked up to see none other than Yami Bakura looking down at him.

"What did I tell you?" Yami Bakura yelled, making the teen shake in fear.

"Um...w-wel-l... y-ou... s-aid..."

"You know very well that you disobeyed me! For that you will be punished!" Yami Bakura yelled as he kicked the sobbing boy in the face, knocking him to the other side of the room.

Ryou stayed motionless. There was no point in even trying to resist. His yami always got what he wanted. He saw his yami walking up towards him. There was nothing he could do to prevent it. All he could do was shut his eyes tightly so he could imagine he was somewhere else.

The spirit picked up the youth by the hair, and forced the teen to face him. He grimaced slightly then hissed, "Open your eyes."

Bakura obeyed immediately, letting the tears he had been trying to hold back flow freely. There was nothing in the world that could save him now, no one could save him from his yami's wrath.

Yami Bakura pulled the boy's face closer to his own, and licked the blood that had seeped out of the wound he had created. He ran his fingers through his hair and touched his face gently. He moved his head even closer to him and whispered softly in his ear, "Don't worry, my light. I realize its not completely your fault. Yami's light forced you to tell him, but don't worry we will deal with him tomorrow. Tonight I will obtain the millennium eye!"

Author's Notes: I'm sorry if I haven't been updating frequently enough for you. I have been very busy lately, and I'm surprised I managed to get this much done. If you happen to find any typos in this chapter, please don't hold it against me. I starting writing this chapter at 1:30am so I'm really, really tired. The next chapter should be up by at least tomorrow or the day after, but I might update sooner if I get more good reviews. If I don't update by then please try to be patient. I am very busy right now, and I can't spend all of my time writing fan fiction.