Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi ❯ Wings to fly on ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Tenshi
Chapter 2
Wing to fly on
 
“Angel? But why?” the newly appointed Tenshi asked
“Why? Because you are so much like an angel, that the name fits you perfectly.” Mr.Mouto said, his kind eyes shinning down on the cold, wet girl. “Plus you look like an angel.”
Yugi, Jounouchi, and Honda had to agree with Mr.Mouto. Tenshi looked beautiful, even when she was miserable. It was weird though. Normally the guys would be panting all over such a girl (except shy little Yugi of course) while simultaneously trying to impress her. But they weren't doing that. Tenshi wasn't a girl to be drooled over. Jounouchi recognized the feeling, sort of like when he thought of Serenity, a sort of sisterly love. "Hey Tenshi, can I see that paper?" Tea asked skepticism and suspicion in her voice.
Tenshi wordlessly passed the paper over.
Tea took one look at the paper and scowled. “There's nothing here! This is just a soggy pile of goop!” And indeed the paper was just that. In fact, when she held out her hand some of the paper gave up the fight, and plopped to the floor in a wet pile. Yugi, Jounouchi, Honda and Tenshi just looked at the paper.
“But…it was there! I know it was!” Tenshi cried out despairingly. Yugi, Tea, Honda, and Jounouchi just looked at the distraught girl, some of them questioning her sanity. But then some of them couldn't help but believe the girl.
It was there. I know it was. Tenshi thought, and then an urgent thought came after. I have to follow the directions! I have too!
“I still have to follow the directions.” She told them all, her eyes coming to rest on Yugi. If you were paying attention you could hear a small growl from Tea.
“I have to give this to you, Yugi.” She said as she handed him an envelope. He blushed thinking, where was she keeping this!?!? He blushed even more, and then turned his attention to the envelope. The envelope in question was just a piece of paper folded over tightly, it contained something heavy. He unfolded it and a necklace slipped out, onto the floor. He bent down to pick it up but his grandfather got to it first.
The necklace looked like Tenshi's, only it was gold and had different squiggly lines.
“Strange this Arabic is older than Tenshi's, almost ancient. Luckily I have a book that will translate some where around here…” He trailed off, looking for said book. While they were waiting Yugi turned to Tenshi.
“So you don't remember any thing?” He asked, curious. She shook her head and looked at the floor.
“I just remember waking up in the back of an alley way under a pile of cardboard boxes. I had the note in my hand and these clothes were folded at my feet. I didn't know what else to do…” With that she trailed off, trying to hold back tears.
The gang was puzzled. What were they going to do with her? Just then Mr. Mouto interrupted.
“Yugi, I translated the words. It says `Pharaoh'.” He smiled. “Describes you perfectly Yugi.” Tenshi looked confused but not as confused as Yugi.Where had Tenshi gotten that necklace from? Did she know about the Pharaoh? And who was she?
His grandfather held out the necklace to Yugi and Yugi absently took it. It felt strangely light, yet it was still heavy and the surface felt slightly oily. He ran his thumb over the Arabic.
Suddenly he was in his soul room. He stood up from where he was sitting on the floor and made his way to Yami's soul room. He opened the door and saw something he thought he would never see again.
Previously Shadi had entered the Pharaoh's soul room to find out who Yugi was and why Yugi was in possession of the Puzzle. After wards Yami had taken precautions and sealed off his soul room so nobody but Yugi and the Pharaoh himself could enter. But somebody had gotten through the barriers.
Yugi had just walked in on a very angry Pharaoh and a teenage girl in the middle of what appeared to be an argument. The teenager turned to Yugi and smiled at him briefly. Then she turned back to Yami.
Yugi studied the girl. She was wearing a white tank top like Tenshi's, and some white, loose pants that had a black trim around the ankles and waist. There were also some gold and silver stars sprinkled on the black. She wore no shoes and her toenails were painted white. Her blonde hair was like a luminous cloud that had its own sun, shinning on it from somewhere Yugi couldn't see. Her green eyes had bubbles that rose to the surface and burst in a brilliant array of all kinds of colors, such as blues, gold's, and reds.
“But I'm his protector! He doesn't need any body else!” Yami was saying heatedly to the girl.
“Yes you are his protector.” The teen said cheerfully “But if you help, he will then have TWO protectors. And, you can't say that you will be with Yugi forever.”
It was obvious whom they were talking about. Yugi looked from one to the other, a worried look on his face.
“What do you mean Yami won't be there for me?” HE asked, alarmed at the thought. The teen looked away from the fuming Yami and smiled sweetly at Yugi.
“Oh, I said maybe. I mean um not really. Um what was the question?” She said trying to avoid Yugi's eyes.
“NO!” Yugi yelled, tears starting to form. He flung himself at Yami and wrapped his arms around the pharaoh. Yami was a bit shocked at the outburst but he was also proud of Yugi for standing up for him. Yami's arms snaked around the boy's shoulders and he gave Yugi a hug. Yami felt his heart melt, just like every other time he had seen or touched the boy. He hated seeing Yugi cry.
“It's alright Yugi; I won't be going any where soon. You know I would rather be with you than any where else.” The pharaoh muttered into Yugi's hair. Yugi muttered something into Yami's shirt. “Aibou, I'm sorry but I couldn't hear what you said.”
“Oh. It was nothing…” Yugi muttered.
“Yugi, I…” Yami began.
“Well, I'm sure this is all very touching for you two but I only have a limited time to do this.” Came the girl's voice. Yugi jumped and turned around, still in Yami's arms. Yugi looked at the 18 year old. He then noticed something. He couldn't be sure in the dim lighting but well it sort of looked like the girl had wings…
“So you finally noticed.” She said after figuring out what Yugi was staring at. Yami gave the boy a squeeze then let go.
“Are-are you an angel?” Yugi asked hesitantly.
“No. I'm the Easter bunny.” She said with a roll of her eyes. “As I was explaining to pharaoh here, I'm your guardian angel. Well sorta. Almost. Not really…” she said looking sheepishly at the boy.
Yugi was very confused by this girl who said she was the Easter bunny and his not really guardian angel.
“Who are you then?”
The angel smiled a dazzling smile that left after images on the backs of their eyelids. “You can call me Maria.” She said with a dramatic bow. “And I am your temporary permanent guardian angel.”
“What? Temporary permanent? I don't understand, could you please explain?”
Maria looked thoughtful. “Weeeeeeeeeeel….Youseeyourangelwaslostandyougetintosomuchtroubl esotheyreallyhadnochoicebuttomakemeyourpermanentangelrightaway.” She took a deep breath, then continued on in a more reasonable pace. “I was usually the one to look after you if Rosette was away on another assignment. But I had to take over for her and well here I am! Temporary Permanent Guardian Angel Maria at your service.” She said really fast, flashing a smile and snapping a sassy salute.
“Um well, er, its, um very nice to uh meet you Maria. But why are you here? Is there going to be some terrible disaster or something?” Yugi said, unconsciously reaching for Yami. Yami gladly gave the boy an arm to cling to.
Maria got a serious look on her face at Yugi's question.” No. there isn't going to be a disaster but I came to ask you to take in the girl you found. You call her Tenshi, Right?”
“As long as my grandfather says its ok I'll be happy to keep Tenshi around. But Why?” Maria looked sadly at Yugi.
“ I'm afraid I can't tell you. All that I can tell you is that for her safety, and your own, I suggest you keep her around.”
“Why did you take over for my angel again? Where did she go?”
“ I uh took over because, um I'm your temporary angel! That's why!” She said, avoiding the question.
“Listen,” She said looking at her wrist where there was a flash and a watch appeared, “My times up. I'll be around ok? Bye!” She said quickly and, snapping open her 13-foot wings, she quickly flew up into a black fog that perpetually covered the ceiling.
“What was that all about Yami?” Yugi said turning around and looking at Yami.
“I don't know aibou. I don't know.” Yami said looking longingly at the boy when Yugi turned his back again.
“I have to go Yami.” Yugi stated. Yami just nodded as he saw his hikary leave, Yugi never looking back to see the Pharaoh.
He was back in his body. “Yugi, what happened?” Joey asked. “Yeah you just sort of stared into space for like five whole minutes.” Tristan added. Yugi ignored the questions.
“Grandpa? Can we keep Tenshi around?” Yugi asked with the Chibi Eyes of pleading DOOM! Mr. Mouto didn't stand a chance. Resisting for all of five seconds he finally quit fighting against Yugi's cuteness.
“Of course she can stay. I was just about to extend and invitation to her when you suddenly started to zone out.” Mr. Mouto said. Tenshi couldn't believe her ears. Here she was, a stranger, even to her self and Yugi and his Grandfather had given her a name and a home.
“Oh thank you Yugi-Kun! Thank you Mouto-Sama!” She cried as she hugged them both. Tea growled but nobody paid any attention.
“Please call me Jii-chan.” Mr. Mouto smiled down at the small girl.
“ Um `scuse me but, I'm still starvin'!” Joey said, interrupting the moment. Everybody looked at him then laughed.