Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Test Day ❯ Test Day ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: [ODD-1] Test Day

Author: setosgirl

Words: 559

Summary: Seto has a game that’s supposed to be getting tested, until his employee calls in sick.

- - - - -

Test Day


Seto glanced irritably at the clock in the corner of his computer screen. It was still only six in the morning; most people would still be away until a more reasonable hour, though Seto himself had never gone home the night before. He knew Mokuba would forgive him; it wasn’t like he didn’t do it often enough, after all. The thought of Mokuba, waiting for him at home, made him smile slightly, until he glared down at the clock again and noticed that only two minutes had passed. He was in really quite a foul mood. He wanted the time to pass quickly, so that his Testers could get in…

Only when the Testers got in, after all, could they begin their work of Testing his newest game. He was proud of this game, prouder than he’d probably been of anything he’d ever done before, because it was all his own. He owed Maximillion Pegasus absolutely no royalties on this one, since he hadn’t used DuelMonsters at all, not even as a starting point. It was all completely original, and besides that, it was horribly complex and greatly involved, and he would extremely surprised if any of the Testers finished it within a week, even though he had found some of the best video game players around, besides Mokuba. Not that he wanted their personal company in the slightest, but he could admit that certain irritating high schoolers with spiky-haired friends had a certain aptitude for mindless entertainment.

Not, of course, that he was prepared to admit that his game was ‘mindless’ at all. In fact, it was complex and riddled with… well, riddles, not to mention the puzzles, and the mind games. There was also, however, a decidedly physical aspect to the game as well. In short, he had designed the kind of game he himself would excel at and should give most other people in the world all kinds of trouble. He was even going to be benevolent and test the Testers at the easiest level – Mutt. Which was followed closely by Moron, then Geek, then Horse, and finally Dragon.

The phone on his desk rang, and he glared at it, then at the clock. Still not even six-thirty. He picked up the phone and answered as politely as he could.

“What?”

“Heya, Moneybags. I thought I’d call and tell ya that I don’t think I can come in and do that little job for you today after all, what with my advanced case of Anal Glaucoma.”

Seto blinked. It seemed there was a Puppy somewhere who was using words he didn’t understand again. “‘Anal glaucoma’?” he asked, bemused.

“Yep. I just can’t see my ass coming in to work today.” And then he hung up on a very shocked CEO.

Mokuba giggled and rolled over in the sheets, tangling them around himself. “That was a good one, Joey,” he said, sitting up all wrapped in white cotton and not much else.

The blond grinned and sat on the bed. “I’ve been wantin’ to tell him off for forever. But I still don’t know why ya wanted me to.”

Mokuba smiled sweetly and kissed Joey. “Well, I told him that if he stayed at the office one more night and left me home alone I’d screw with his work…”

Joey grinned and quickly unwrapped his little prize.