Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Ancient Ties of Love and Hate ❯ Duel Anyone? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do own all these cards that Liz is using. But I don't own the rights to them. All hail Koname and Kazuki Takahashi! *bows to superiority* Also, Note to People counting Life Points, I start from 8000 when I duel. Kay?


"So... What's yer favorite card?" asked Joey when he paused from eating his lunch of fries, a cheeseburger, lemonade, cheez-its, and poptarts. (A/N: Nice Lunch Joey... LOL)

"Ummm... Celtic Gaurdian," she said "it was my first card ever. Someone gave one to me when I was first starting out and I've never taken it out of my deck."

"Well I think that's awesome" said Yugi, "To stand by one card for a long time, and not change -"

Yugi was interrupted by a brunnette girl leaning over their table. (Sorry to Anzu/Te'a fans. I hate the bitch... But I'll be nice. For now...)

"Hi Guys!"

She turned and looked at Elizabeth.

"Who're you?"

"Liz."

"Are you new?"

"Yeah. Cheerleader?"

"Yeah. More or less."

Elizabeth turned back to Joey and Yugi.

Joey leaned over to Yugi's ear.

"I sense fights are gonna happen between dem two in the future" he whispered.

Yugi nodded and Te'a snatched one of Joey's fries.

"Te'a!" whined Joey "Those are mine! Stop stealin em!"

Te'a popped the fry into her mouth and sat down.

"Hey Yugi" said Liz, "Wanna duel? Not for cards r anything, just for fun."

Joey almost choked on his lemonade.

"Do you even know who he is?" he said "My buddy Yug here is da chapion a' duel monsters!"

"So? What's that got to do with anything? Just because he's a chapion doesn't mean that he's too good to duel a normal person."

"She's right Joey."

Joey grunted as Yugi and Liz got out their decks and shuffled them.

"You can go first" she said as she drew five cards.

Yugi drew and placed a monster card onto the field in defence position.

"I'm also playing this trap card face down on the field" he said, "Your move."

She eyed him as she drew. He seemed different than he was before the duel. He seemed more serious...

She looked at her hand. Dancing Fairy, Soul Tiger, Spirit of the Harp, Jinzo, Pidgeonholing Books of Spell, and Malevolent Nuzzler.

She placed Soul Tiger facedown in defence position.

"You activated my trap!" said Yugi "Acid Trap Hole! If your monster's defence points are 2000 points or less, it's destroyed!"

She flipped the monster over.

"Sorry Yugi" she grinned, "but my Soul Tiger stays."

She laid down one of her magic cards and ended her turn.

"I play Gamma the Magnet Warrior in attack mode and one card face down. I end my turn."

She drew. Red Eyes Black Dragon.

"I sacrifice my Soul Tiger for my Jinzo" she declared, "and attack your Gamma. You lose 900 Life Points."

Yugi winced and drew from his deck.

"C'mon Yug! You can beat dis rookie!" said Joey as he subtracted 900 of Yugi's Life Points on a napkin, "Show'er what yer made of!"

"I play the Obnoxious Celtic Gaurdian" he said as she pouted slightly, "Go ahead."

She drew Mystical Elf and placed Dancing Fairy on the field in attack position.

"I attack your Celtic Gaurdian with my fairy and attack your Life Points with Jinzo. You lose 2700 Life Points."

"Yugi! You can do it!"

"Yeah Yug!"

"Would you shut up so I can think!" (A/N: I've always wanted to have him say that. Even if it is OOC ^ ^)

He played a monster face down in defence position and ended his turn.

By now a sizable crowd had gathered around the small table. She drew Dragon Treasure and placed Mystical Elf face down in defence position.

"I attack your face down monster with my Fairy."

He flipped it face up.

"Not this time! Giant Soldier of Stone!"

Joey subtracted 300 Life Points from Liz.

"She's still beatin ya Yug..." said Joey.

"I'll finish it with an attack from Jinzo."

Yugi drew and played another defence monster.

"Yugi stop playing the defensive!" said Te'a.

"I can't help it!" Yugi said, "I'm not getting any good cards! This has never happened before!"

She drew Gift of the Mystical Elf.

"I sacrifice Mystical Elf and Dancing Fairy to summon Red Eyes Black Dragon. I also equip my Red Eyes with Dragon Treasure and Malevolent Nuzzler."

The audience gave an excited buzz. Was Yugi gonna get beaten?

"I use Jinzo to attack your face down monster."

It was a furry cottonball named Kuriboh.

"And I use my Red eyes to hit your Life Points. You lose 3400 Life Points."

Yugi drew his card and before he could say anything the bell ending lunch rang. She smiled and stood up.

"I guess we'll have to finish another time" she said as she picked up her cards and put tehm back into their case.

"Yeah..."

"See ya in class!" she said as she waved.

She left the table full of very confused teenagers.








How was that for a chapter? I wanted to have the duel as real as possible so I put my real life deck into my Yugioh World Wide Edition Game. Then I dueled Yugi. The only thing I changed was Yugi's Celtic Gaurdian to make it the Obnoxious Celtic Gaurdian because it would've been too easy to kill it with Jinzo. Other than that, this is how I duel. I find that the best way to write a duel is to write a real one. Since I can't duel Yugi in real life, I used my real deck to whoop him in my game. Smart huh? ^ ^