Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Cheerleader Strikes Back ❯ Like Clockwork ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cheerleader Strikes Back
 
Chapter 10
 
Like Clockwork
 
Yugi moaned and slowly opened his eyes. He lifted his head as the blurry world around him shifted into focus.
“Bout time ya woke up Muto, I was tired o' waitin'.” Yugi looked up to see Vick standing a few feet away, laughing. Yugi looked around. The two of them were on a pier at the Domino Docks. Yugi was lying against the side of a boat. Vick was at the edge of the docks.
“Who are you?” Yugi asked, climbing to his feet.
“His name's Vick, future King of Games!” Yugi whirled around to see Cyrus and Dorien standing a few feet behind him. “Pardon our little struggle earlier your Highness, but we wanted to make sure you came along.” Dorien snickered.
“Youse and me are gonna duel, Muto.” Vick snapped, flicking on his Duel Disk. “And the prize at stake is your title of King of Games!”
“Are you nuts?” Yugi cried. “I'm out of here to find Tea!” Dorien laughed.
“I don't think so Muto. She ain't goin' no nowhere, not where we put her.” Yugi clenched his fist and glared at the chuckling punks behind him.
“Where is she and what have you done to her?” He demanded.
“She's fine Muto, provided you duel me. Win, and we'll be more den happy ta take you to `er.” Vick said.
“Fine.” Yugi said. “But once I win, you'll tell me where Tea is?” He asked.
“Surrrrrre, just win.” Vick muttered. Yugi flipped on his Duel Disk. Vick smirked and drew his card. “I'll start dis party off with my `Mighty Guard' (500, 1200)!” A tiny green machine clanked onto the field. “And I'll activate my Spell card `Machine Duplication'. This lets me summon 2 more Mighty Guards from my deck. I'll end my turn dere.” Vick lowered his Duel Disk and crossed his arm. “My first turn, and I've got three monsters. Good luck Muto!”
“You'll need luck once I'm through with you!” Yugi growled.
“Oh boss, I think we hit a soft spot with that little girlfriend of his!” Cyrus laughed. Yugi gritted his teeth and looked at his hand.
“I summon `Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv4' (1600, 1000).”A shining gold and silver dragon soared out of the card. “Horus, attack Mighty Guard!” Horus opened its mouth and fired a purple fireball. The middle Guard melted into a pile of slag and smoking rubble. “I'll set a card face down, and level up my Horus to his Lv6 mode (2300, 1700) to end my turn.”
 
-Yugi: 8000, Vick: 6900-
 
“No good duelist lets his weaker monster unprotected without Spell and Trap cards, everyone knows that!” Yugi shouted. Vick snorted and drew.
“A better duelist knows dat its important ta make sure you've got your opponent off his guard, like me an' you. I sacrifice my two monsters to summon `Perfect Machine King' (2700, 1500)!” A gleaming white and red machine flew onto the field. Electricity crackled along its knuckles as it struck a pose. “Perfect Machine King, attack da little dragon!” The large machine clanked and fired a pair of rockets on its back. It flew towards Horus and slammed its iron fist right through the dragon.
“Activate trap `Soul Rope'!” Yugi said. “At a cost of 1000 Life Points, I can now summon a 4 Star monster or lower from my deck. And I summon `Ultimate Inset Lv3' (1400, 900).” The small insect buzzed onto the field and set onto the ground.
“It don't matter nothin', I can beat dat. I'll set dis and end my turn.” Vick said. Yugi nodded.
“I level up my ultimate insect to his Lv 5 form (2300, 900). And due to his special effect, your Perfect Machine King loses 500 ATK points, making it weak enough to destroy!” “I have to hurry up and beat him and find Tea. Who knows what these creeps have done with her.” “Ultimate Insect, attack!” The giant bug flapped its winged and zoomed towards Vick's monster.
“Ya little runt, ya fell for my trap! Activate `DNA Surgery'! This makes all monsters of da field Machine types. And due to `is special effect, my monster gains 500 points, so he's gonna crush your little bug!” Perfect Machine King mashed its fist into the oncoming insect. Yugi cringed.
“I'll set a monster in defense mode and end my turn.” He muttered. Vick sneered.
“Good, cause I'm gonna end the duel! I summon `Steamroid' (1800, 1800). Thanks to `his effect, he gains 500 ATK points whenever he attacks! Steamroid, attack!” The locomotive chugged along the docks and drove right through `Stone Golem Lv3' (700, 2000). Yugi gulped. “Perfect Machine King, attack him directly!” The machine (3200) raised its fist and rocketed it towards Yugi. Yugi cried out as the fist blew up in his face, sending him sprawling backwards.
 
-Yugi: 3000, 6900-
 
“I told ya boys, dis chump is washed up!” Vick laughed. Yugi coughed. “Give it up Muto, ya can't win!” Yugi shook his head.
“I can't lose, I just can't. I'll lose the title, and worse, I may never find out what they did with Tea.” “It's my turn Vick.” Yugi growled, drawing. Vick stifled another set of laughter.
“Growlin' Muto? Ya really do care for dat little twerp cheerleader huh?”
“Shut up! Tea's a better duelist then you'll ever be!” Yugi snapped.
“You're a feisty one, I'll give ya that. But ya just win this.” Vick mocked.
“I summon `Silent Magician Lv4' (1000, 1000) I'll play `Swords of Revealing Light'!” Yugi shouted. 5 shining swords flew out of Yugi's Duel Disk. They wrapped around Vick's monsters, forming a glowing cage. “Then I play `Pot of Greed', and draw two cards. I'll end my turn there.” He said. “If I can just get the right card, I can turn this duel around.”
“Go ahead and stall Muto, you're just wastin' time.” Vick snickered. “I'll summon `X-Head Cannon' (1800, 1500) and end my turn.” Yugi looked at Perfect Machine King and gulped.
“I'll place a card down and end my turn.” He said. “I have to draw the right card next turn, or it's over.”
“My move Muto. I'll sacrifice X-Head Cannon and Steamroid to summon `Ancient Gear Golem' (3000, 3000)!” A large titan of metal rose to the field, all manner of gears and chains working its body. “I'll end my turn.” Vick said. Yugi gulped and stared at his deck.
“This is it, I have to draw it now. Otherwise, there's nothing I can do…I have to win this. For Tea!” Yugi closed his eyes and drew his card.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Hey Tristan!” Joey called, running up to his friend. Tristan looked up the hotdog cart he was at.
“Hey Joey, what's up?” He asked.
“Have you seen Yug and Tea, they were supposed ta meet me an hour ago by the school.” Joey said. Tristan looked at his watch.
“I think they were having breakfast, but it's almost noon, they should be done.” He mused. Joey shivered.
“Ah man, I just got that feeling again…” He muttered.
“What feeling?”
“I got it when we went to Duelist Kingdom, I got it when Battle City started, and I'm getting it now. That feeling that some psycho freaky-looking creepazoid is causing trouble for Yug.”
“You think something happened?” Tristan asked.
“Yug and Tea wouldn't just run off Tristan. Something's up. C'mon, we've got friends to track down.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Tea rubbed her head and moaned softly. Vick's little way or knocking her out had made her light headed. Tea looked around. She was inside a vast warehouse, except it was empty, save for a few boxes here and there. She flashed back to when Malik Ishtar and the Ghouls had kidnapped her and Mokuba. But where was the psycho behind this incident? Tea tried to find out, but the windows in the roof were covered with black tarp, sealing out all light.
“Look here's awake.” A silky voice in the shadows murmured. Tea's head whipped around to stare at the source of the voice. A murky, faint shadow of a figure loomed out of the darkness. Footsteps echoed off the walls as the figure stepped closer. Then, there was a flash of light, and Tea covered her eyes. She blinked the light away and squinted. Two narrow spots of light were shining from the ceiling. One was directly above her. And below the other spotlight…
Black leather boots rose up to knee height, ending a few inches below a black leather skirt. Chains hung from buckles where the shirt began, stark white and embossed with the image of a grim-reaper holding a bloody scythe. A black leather jacket covered delicate shoulders, the sleeves running down to the hands, fingernails painted black. One hand wore a ring designed after a spider. The other hand had a ring with a large silver skull on it. The right arm bore a Duel Disk on the wrist.
A ring ran through the skin above each eyebrow, and two rings through the nose. A silver bolt ran through the lower lip, a starling contrast to pitch-black lips. Mascara covered the eyes, making them appear as large, empty sockets. It wasn't very often Tea got the impression of evil off of anyone. Dartz was one man who had it, Yami Malik was another, along with Yami Bakura. And this girl was right up there with them. Definitely a 9.9 on Tea's Really-Creeped-Out-O-Meter.
“Who…who are you?” Tea shouted. The girl's lip curled up in a sneer.
“Who am I? The name is Rochelle Harris. You can call me the Queen of Games.”
 
Given Tea's personality, it makes sense for her archrival to be a Goth, huh?