Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Chevailer Manshion ❯ Out and In the Shadows of Darkness ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Four: Out and in the Shadows of Darkness

Meanwhile on the other side of the house Bakura, Mokuba, Joey and Kaira were still in the hall. "Man this hall just keeps on goin'," said Joey. "There's not a door anywhere. where does this hall lead?"asked Kaira. Bakura and Mokuba remained silent as they continued to walk. "Hey look!" said Joey. They came upon two stair cases on opposite sides of the hall. "Staircases," said Kaira. "One goes up, one goes down," said Bakura. "Let's split up, I'll take Mokuba and you go with Bakura," said Joey. "No way!" said Kaira. Kaira looked over at Bakura. He had an offended look on his innocent face. "Oh no, it's not you Bakura. It's Joey," she assured him. "What are you saying?" asked Joey. "I don't trust you with Mokuba, you might lose him," siad Kaira. "What? I won't lose him, isn't that right Mokuba?" said Joey as he turned around. "Mokuba?" asked Joey. "You lost him already," scolded Kaira. "No! I'm over here guys," said Mokuba. The three ran over to Mokuba who was only a couple feet from the two staircases. "I think this is a secret passage or something," he said. He pointed to panel on the wall that was half gone. Mokuba looked inside but couldn't see anything. Joey walked over and pulled the wood off the wall. Dust fell out into the air and they began to cough. "So what is it?" asked Kaira between coughs. "I don't know it's all dark," said Mokuba. "Aw, move out of the way," said Joey. He pushed Mokuba out of the way and stuck his head through the hole. "Well?" asked Kaira. "I dunno know? Let me get in further," said Joey. He stuck his arms in and pushed himself through. "Whoa!" he yelled as he slippped in and fell into the darkness. "Joey!" gasped Kaira. "He slid down this air vent," said Mokuba as he looked in. "Mokuba no!" said Kaira. Mokuba slid down next. "Oh, come on," said Kaira as she grabebd Bakura's arm. "Where are we going?" asked Bakura as she led them back to the staircases. "Down these stairs, I'm not going down that vent," said Kaira. She pulled Bakura behind her as she ran down the stairs.

Meanwhile Yugi and Tristan were staring into the darkness of the hall. "Who's there?" asked Yugi. "Like you don't know," said a familiar voice. Kaiba revealed himself as he walked into the light. "Kaiba!" said Tristan. "What are you doing here?" asked Yugi. "Why do you think? I'm here beacause I was invited here as a V.I.P. and I'm looking for my brother. When I saw him last he was with you. Where is he?" asked Kaiba. "He's with Joey," answered Yugi. "You left him with Wheeler! Are you mental?" asked Kaiba. "He's also with Kaira...I know you don't know her but she wont' let anything happen to him. She won't lose him like you did," said Yugi. "Don't be quick to conclusions Yugi! He lost himself, he wandered away from me," said Kaiba. "Uh-huh," said Yugi. All of a sudden they heard a yelling. It grew louder and Joey fell through the ceiling above them. They moved out of the way as Joey hit the ground. "Joey? You fell...are you okay?" asked Yugi confused. Mokuba came next and landed on top of Joey. "Sorry...Seto!" said Mokuba excited he got off of Joey and ran over to his brother. "Unh, I'm not..ever...aw forget it," sighed Joey as he stood up slowly. All of a sudden they heard panting and voices. "I think I'm going to...ah," said Kaira. He slipped on the three stair from the bottom. Bakura tried to grab her arm before she fell but he ended up slipping to. The group looked down the hall. Kaira hit the wall across from the stair case. "Oh," she wimpered. She turned aruond just in time to have Bakura smack right into her. "Ah," he said.He opened his eyes and saw her widened green eyes. He pushed himself off of her and stepped back. They put their heads down to hide their blushing. "Hey! Is anyone over there?" yelled Joey. "Joey?" asked Kaira as she lifted her head. "C'mon Bakura!" said Kaira. Both of them ran towards Joey's voice and ran into the group. "Joey! Mokuba your all right! Yugi!" said Kaira. "Bakura?" asked Yugi shocked. " Hi," he said softly. "Kaira this is my big brother," said Mokuba. "Charmed I'm sure," said Kaiba. "You wish," scoffed Kaira. "I've heard about you Seto Kaiba. Your obnoxious to say the least," she said. Kaiba glared at her with spite. "You think someone here stole your Millennium Ring Bakura. That's awful," said Yugi. "Hey, Yuge where's T'ea and Tristan?" asked Joey. "T'ea dis...Tristan?" Yugi looked around. Tristan was gone too. "Oh no! He's disappered too," said Yugi. "Oh well, we'll haev to press on without them," said Kaiba. "How can you be so callous, we have to find them," said Kaira. "I have a felling who ever this Chevalier fellow is, has them and Bakura's ring," said Yugi. "Well aren't you smart shorty," said a voice.