Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Christmas Party ❯ Guests ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own YuGiOh or any of its characters. Konami does. And that sux. I do however own Kari and Angel.
 
 
Kari lay on her bed silently fuming. Seto had caught her trying to hack into the Kaiba Corp. mainframe again. It wasn't her fault she was so naturally curious, and it didn't help that Seto was keeping the design of his new duel disks so damn top secret. If he'd only let her have a tiny peek she'd let it drop. But NO! He had to play its-my-own-little-secret-to-hoard-over-my-little-sisters-damn-head! He made her so frustrated at times. Her head popped up at the sound of someone lightly knocking at her bedroom door. She stood up and walked over to open it. Her little brother Mokuba slid inside and shut the door behind him before walking over to sit down on Kari's bed. “What is it Moki? You look like you just saw a ghost!” “Worse. Seto's throwing a big Christmas party.” “And, what's so bad about that? Sounds kind of fun really!” “Just wait till you see his invite list! It's going to be an all out WAR!” “Why? Who all's on it?” “Pegasus, Yugi, Yami, Bakura, Ryou, Joey, Mai, Tristen, Serenity, Duke, Malik, Marik, Tea, and Ishizu for starters!” Kari's face drained of all color. Mokuba was right; this could be the start of WWIII!
Kari and Mokuba were late, again. Seto sighed and hoped they'd show up soon. Just at that moment there was a knock at the door. Good, his guests were here. As he opened the door he was shocked to see everyone but Pegasus standing there. “Hello, and welcome to the Kaiba mansion. Come this way.” There was a loud scream and Mokuba suddenly came flying down the stairs. “BIG BROTHER, SAVE ME!” Seto gasped to see Moki covered in scratches and blue paint. “MOKUBA KAIBA! GET BACK HERE NOW!!” Kari came storming down the steps with Mokuba's laptop in her arms. “GIVE IT BACK OR THE FRIGGEN LAPTOP GETS IT! AND...I'LL TELL SETO YOUR BIG SECRET! NOW!!!!” “NO! Not that! Not the laptop!” Moki shot his hand out a tiny figure in his palm. Kari snatched it and clutched it to her chest cradling it like a child. “HIKARI KAIYA KAIBA GIVE HIM HIS LAPTOP BACK NOW!” Kari looked at Seto with loathing. “Whatever.” She handed the laptop over and walked away. Yugi watched her go. “Who was that?” Joey asked. “That was...” “That was my older sister Kari. She's not always like that. She's really nice,” explained Mokuba. “I see.”
Kari remained hidden until dinner. When she came down she found that Pegasus had finally arrived and Angel had stopped by. She slid into a seat next to Mokuba and stared around at everyone. Most of them she recognized but a few of the faces were new to her. She clutched the tiny figurine to her chest tighter and looked at Seto. He smiled at her warmly and stood up. “I know most of you are aquatinted, but I feel introductions are still necessary.” He went around the table introducing them. “Maximillion Pegasus; Yugi Moto and his dark half Yami; Bakura and his light half Ryou; Joey Wheeler; Mai Valentine; Tristan; Serenity; Duke Devlin; Malik and his light side Marik and his sister Ishizu; Mokuba; Kari; my fiancée Angel and of course myself.” Kari grinned and stared at Pegasus to see if he would freak out. Seto caught her from the corner of his eye and sighed. “ Kari, quit.” “You're no fun Seto. No fun at all.” She crossed her arms over her chest and scooted closer to Angel. Angel smiled at her and
winked.
Marik glanced across the table and his face split into a wide grin. He elbowed Malik and motioned towards Kari. “ Hello Kai,” Malik announced. Kari looked up without thinking and caught herself. “Shit. Dammit Malik! Can't the two of you drop it! NOW MY DAMN BROTHER KNOWS!” She pouted and scooted closer to Angel again.
“We're sorry Kai. It's just that it's not that often we get to see you out of your outfit. Besides, you're so cute when you're mad!” Seto glared across the table at them. “Quit hitting on my sister. I'd hate to have to kill you.” Yugi and Yami laughed as Marik and Malik blushed. Joey however, frowned trying to remember something. “Kai… wait a minute! You were the one that tried to kill me and Tea that day! And then you and that blue haired dude forced me into a duel.” Kari grinned as she stared at him. “I also pride myself as being the one that rigged that duel during the finals so you lost AND being the one who took Tea hostage AND the one who tried to shove you off of the blimp!” Marik frowned, “I never asked you to do that…” “I know, I did it `cuz the two of them annoy me.” She turned to Yugi and Yami, “I am sorry though. Can you forgive me?” Yugi laughed, “Of course we can! It was all just a huge mistake!” Kari and Marik looked at each other and laughed themselves into tears. Seto sighed, “I wouldn't be so sure about that Yugi.” Pegasus looked across the table, “What is that you're holding Kari?” She looked up, clutching tighter. “You're a grown girl; surly you no longer need nor play with dolls.” Pegasus reached across and took the figurine from her hands. Kari let out a blood curdling scream and tried to grab it back from him. Pegasus brought it up for the others to see. It was a tiny, yet very life like figurine of the Celtic Guardian. Kari began to whimper before Marik snatched it from Pegasus's hand and gave it back to her. He glared at Pegasus as Malik started to reach for the Millennium Rod. “Never, ever touch Kari or any of her stuff again. Understood?” His last word was sharp and infused with power from the rod. “Marik! Don't. It's not necessary here.” Kari smiled across the table and then stood up. “Please excuse me, but I have a very important ongoing project to finish. “Moki, when you're done here I'll need the assistance of your laptop and you.” Mokuba nodded as she walked away. “Won't she get hungry?” Joey asked puzzled. “No, she can go for days at a time without eating if she's in the middle of one of her `projects'.”
Seto showed his guests to their rooms after dinner. “You have a few hours to yourselves before the festivities begin.”