Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Danger World ❯ Unlimited Danger ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: It had been a year since Yami first came into Yugi, Adella and her friends' lives. Yami had taken Yugi to a mountain range that Yami hadn't been to since his parents were brutally killed. Yugi then stayed for the night in the forest with Yami. But they and the gods were unaware that the forest's magic had become severely imbalanced. They were sent to a highly dangerous world and got a small taste of why it was so dangerous. But when harpies threatened Yugi's life, Yami went out of control with rage and almost killed the harpies. But Yugi's fear brought Yami back to normal.
/ is Yugi mental talk
// is Yami mental talk
' is thoughts






Chapter 2: Unlimited Danger

Yami continued through the air after the harpy incident. He still couldn't believe that he lost control of his anger like that. He feared about what might happen if he ever lost control like that again. He feared that not even Yugi would be able to help soothe the anger.
"What's the matter Yami?" Yugi asked.
"I'm worried about what happened with those harpies. What if I lose it like that again? I don't think that even you will be able to calm me down and I don't want to hurt you because of being blinded by anger," Yami responded.
"Let's hope that it won't happen again. You don't know as far as me not being able to calm you down. I've helped calm down people who was close to being as angry as you got back there," Yugi said.
"The big difference is that they probably couldn't do the things that I did though," Yami said.
"You got me there, but I'll try if you should get that angry again," Yugi said.
Yami nodded and continued through the air. The calm came to an end because a flaming boulder came streaking at them. Yami made a sharp right to get out of the way. Yugi got caught off guard but he managed to hold on. Yami put a force field over himself and Yugi and flew on through the air. The flaming boulders just bounced off the shield.
"They just don't give up do they?" Yugi asked.
"No they don't Yugi. When I was here before, it was a struggle for me to get out. We'll have to keep up our guard. Letting our guard down for even one second could mean disaster," Yami responded. He then hovered in the air.
"What is it Yami?" Yugi asked.
"The enchanted forest is becoming more corrupt. I can feel its great imbalance. It's only a matter of time becore we find out what will be affected next," Yami responded.
It wasn't long until they found out. The clear and sunny sky suddenly turned dark with thick black clouds. If not for being in the sky, Yugi and Yami could've assumed that it was night. That's how black the clouds were. They could barely believe how fast the clear sky clouded up.
"It was nice and sunny just a moment ago," Yugi said.
"I know. This isn't ordinary. This has to be the corrupted forest's work. Artemis gave me the ability to sense things that the gods haven't done. Even though the sky clouded up quickly, the gods didn't do this," Yami agreed before he flew on.
Then a lightning bolt struck. It was a huge one. Yugi had to cover his eyes from the intense light that the large bolt gave off. The next lightning bolt struck very close to him and Yami. The third bolt would've been the charm if not for the force field protecting Yami and Yugi. Then it began to hail. But like the lightning, the hail was also not normal. For the hailstones were shaped like diamonds. The tips were razor sharp. Yami and Yugi happened to see a hailstone fall on a tree brance. The branch was sliced like an onion.
"Whoa, those hailstones are sharp. I never saw hail shaped like diamonds before," Yugi said.
"I haven't either. This is proof that the corrupted forest is corrupting the weather here," Yami agreed. "We better find a cave to stay in. Even though my force field is protecting us, I don't want to fly through this all day."
Yugi nodded as Yami searched for a cave. About an hour later, they saw one. Yami landed next to the cave before walking in. He removed the force field, and Yugi dismounted. Yami remained in his griffin from as he and Yugi went deeper into the cave. The sound of hail got quieter the further they went. They stopped at the middle of the cave.
"This seems like a good spot to get some rest," Yugi said.
"Yes it does," Yami confirmed as he sat down.
Yugi sat next to Yami. They sat in silence. Fifteen minutes later, Yami went deeper into the cave. Like the previous cave they were in, this one also had food in it. He became human when he reached the spot and picked some fruit and edible plants from the edge of the pond. Then he returned to where he left Yugi. He gave some of the fruit and plants to Yugi, and they ate together.
They stayed in the cave all day. At nightfall, Yami turned back into a griffin and lay down. Yugi lay his head, neck and shoulders on the side of Yami's body, and they fell asleep together. But this night wouldn't be too peaceful at all. For they were so deep in the cave, that they didn't hear it raining outside. It was raining unusually hard. The lightning and hail had stopped, but the rain came down in torrents.
Halfway into the night, the extremely torrential rain still didn't let up. Yami was so focused on getitng out of the weather that he forgot that this cave was near a river. And at the rate the rain was falling, it was inevitable that the river flooded. The excess water raced for the cave. Yami and Yugi slept peacefully, not knowing of the approaching danger.
An hour later, Yugi woke up to the sound of rushing water. He had a bad feeling about it. Yami woke up a few minutes afterwards. He knew that something was terribly wrong. The sound of rushing water got louder every second. Yami instantly knew what it was. He grabbed Yugi and flew up with seconds to spare. They saw floodwater rush through the area that they were laying on a few moments ago.
"Wow that was close," Yugi said.
"I know. I'm just glad that I figured out what was wrong in time," Yami agreed. He flew up to higher ground and landed on way from the edge of a cliff. "I forgot that this cave is pretty close to a river." He landed on a high ledge inside the cave and put Yugi down.
The water continued to pour into the cave. Fortunately, there was a dep ravine in this cave. The excess water from the river would just flow over the ravine until there was none left. Yami and Yugi went back to sleep, knowing that they were safe again. The next morning, the rain had stopped. Yami woke up before waking Yugi up. They looked down and saw that the water had receded.
"Looks like the water is gone," Yugi said.
"Yea, we can go back down now," Yami agreed.
Yugi mounted Yami, and Yami flew back down to the cave floor. Yami made his way out of the cave to find that it was bright and sunny again. But the area around the cave was in shambles. The trees had been knocked over, snapped in two, uprooted from the ground or just washed away.
"We have to be on our guard. I have a sinking feeling that we'll experience more bad weather," Yami said. He flew into the sky for two hours before coming to a lake with fruit trees around it.
Yugi picked fruit from the trees as Yami flew up to them. Then Yami landed and turned into a human after Yugi dismounted. Yami then made a fishing rod appear in his hand. He used the fruit that Yugi picked as the bait. He caught quite a few fish with it. Then he turned into a griffin and flew up to bring some more fruit down. He landed with the fruit and he and Yugi ate the fruit and fish.
"This is quite good," Yugi said.
"The food here is very good. It's just that you have to be on your guard. The savage tribes and fierce creatures won't hesitate to attack," Yami said.
The weather was calm for now, but that would change. Violent weather was in another area of this dangerous world was was heading Yugi and Yami's way. This type of weather was one of the most violent types of weather. This was a tornado. It was a strong F-4 when it touched down. But it quickly gained strength and became a strong F-5 with winds over 300 mph. The deadly twister had been on the ground all night so far, which was very unusual for a tornado. It didn't show any signs of letting up yet. The twister was two hours away from the unsuspecting duo.
"I hope that we get out of here soon. I don't like being here," Yugi said.
"I never did either Yugi. But this world isn't a small one even though I wish that it was," Yami said. He was flying through the air.
An hour later, the wind started picking up. Yami had a little trouble flying through the winds. But it wasn't enough for him to just land where he was. As the minutes passed, the wind just continued to get worse. Yugi had a tough time holding onto Yami as the ferocious winds blew harder with every passing minute.
"Yugi are you okay?" Yami asked.
"You need to land Yami. I don't know how much longer I can hold on," Yugi responded.
"Hold on for a little longer. I'll land right now," Yami said as he slowly lost altitude. He had to go slow to keep himself steady.
But it wouldn't be that easy. A strong gust of wind suddenly blew past Yugi, blowing him off Yami's back.
"Yugi!" Yami screamed, diving through the air.
The wind wasn't a factor anymore as Yami continued to dive through the air. He didn't feel the wind. The only thing on his mind was to save his friend. He soon flew under Yugi and hovered. Yugi fell onto Yami's back. Yami put a force field around himself and Yugi as he flew up. The wind now had no affect on Yami or Yugi.
"Why is the wind this strong?" Yugi asked.
"The wind is this strong because there is more severe weather heading our way. When you were blown off my back, I felt my ears pop. That's a sign that a tornado is coming(A/N: This is actually very true. I learned this fact from watching Storm Stories on The Weather Channel)," Yami responded.
Ten minutes later, they saw the tornado. It was a mile wide. They could see trees swirling through the air around the twister.
"That is a huge tornado. I've never seen one that large before. There are occasional tornadoes where I live, but not of them got to be that big," Yugi said.
"And the tornadoes that rip through your village come through the enchanted forest. They do their damage. After the tornado leaves the area, the enchanted forest just repairs itself. That's why the forest is always a beautiful sight to behold. It magically repairs any damage done to it," Yami said.
"So is the enchanted forest repairing itself now?" Yugi asked.
"Yes Yugi. Even though the forest's magic is very corrupt now, it is slowly repairing tiself of its imbalance," Yami responded.
The tornado continued on a collision course with Yami and Yugi. Yami then shot up through the sky and above the clouds. The tornado just passed underneath as Yami sailed through sunny sky again. Yugi was awestruck. He had never seen such a beautiful sight in his life.
"This is incredible. I never though it would be this beautiful above the clouds," Yugi said in awe.
"I didn't either," Yami agreed, also in awe.
This had been his first time completely above to clouds as well. A lot of the mountain he flew past went only a limited distance above the clouds. How high he and Yugi were was higher than any mountain. Yami looked down to see the progress of the dangerous storm. An hour later, he could no longer see any storm clouds. He then went below the now thin white clouds.
The clouds parted to reveal the sun again. Yugi and Yami then saw the extensive damage the tornado caused. Not one tree was left standing. There were also a few craters in the ground. The now-turned craters were ponds before the tornado hit. A lot of the grass had also been sucked up into the twister.
"Whoa, I hope that I never experience a twister like that back at home," Yugi said.
"It would be catastrophic if that were to happen. Unlike the enchanted forest, your home can't magically repair itself unless the gods help out," Yami agreed. He then landed and continued on foot with Yugi still on his back. He then removed the protective field.
But the corrupted forest's magic had an extremely dangerous surprise in store for them. Before sending Yami and Yugi here, the corrupted forest's magic created strong earthquakes. These earthquakes caused volcanoes to form out of the ground. But these weren't ordinary volcanoes. These volcanoes affected the weather in a very dangerous way. Whenever the smoke, sulfur and ash from these volcanoes went up into the sky, they caused a deadly firestorm. It would literally rain down fireballs and molten lava raindrops. These storms could last for a full day without stopping because of the volcanoes' abnormality.
At most, these storms could rage on continuously for a full week. All but one of the volcanoes is inactive at the time. The one active volcano is already causing earthquakes. It will only be a matter of time before the smoke, sulfur and ash go up into the sky and create the firestorm. A couple of hours later, Yami began to feel the ground shaking. He stopped to get a better feel of it. It was a faint shaking, but his animal instincts told him that there would be a pretty strong earthquake pretty soon. Yugi was just confused. He had no idea why Yami stopped.
"Why did you stop Yami?" Yugi asked.
"The ground is shaking. There's probably an earthquake somewhere," Yami responded.
Suddenly, the shaking got a lot worse. Yugi had a very hard time holding onto Yami because of the earthquake's intensity. Yami quickly flew into the air.
"I never felt an earthquake that strong before," Yugi said.
"I haven't either. The earthquakes that I've felt in the forest were nothing compared to this one. Something's got to be causing this earthquake," Yami said. He flew on.
Half an hour later, they saw what caused the strong earthquake.
"That volcano must be causing the earthquake," Yugi said.
"The forest must've created those recently. I don't remember passing by any volcanoes before," Yami said.
Just then, the volcano erupted. Lava came oozing down the mouth while, smoke, sulfur and ash filled the sky. An orange lightning bolt then struck down from the smoky clouds.
"I don't think that that lightning bolt was natural Yami," Yugi said fearfully.
"I know that that was no ordinary lightning bolt Yugi. That lightning bolt was the color of fire," Yami said before putting a force field over himself and Yugi again.
It was a good thing that he put up the protective shield because it then began to rain fire and lava. Yugi's skin turned pale upon watching the deadly storm. He had never seen anything like this before. Yami felt Yugi's fear.
"Why are you so afraid Yugi?" Yami asked.
"This is unreal," Yugi said over and over in a fearful state.
"Yugi will you please calm donw?" Yami asked.
Yugi was too afraid to hear Yami. Yami gave a big sigh before concentrating some of his power into the field. Yugi felt the power gently massaging him. He slowly began to calm down. He finally calmed down ten minutes later.
"Are you okay?" Yami asked.
"I am now. Thank you," Yugi responded. "I just never thought that a volcano could do this," he added.
"A volcano can't cause somehting like this. Apparently, this is not an ordinary volcano," Yami said.
"You mean that the enchanted forest created it?" Yugi asked.
"It's very likely," Yami responded.
The fireballs and lava rain continued falling from the smoky sky. But Yami flew through the sky unaffected due to the force field. With the protection of the field, it was actually fun watching the firestorm rage on. Yugi even stuck out his tongue at the otherwise dangerous and deadly storm.
"I see that you're having fun taunting the storm," Yami said smiling.
"If not for your protective field around us, I wouldn't be able to do that," Yugi said.
Yami continued through the firestorm until he felt the need to rest. Fortunately, there was another cave nearby. He landed and walked into the cave. He didn't want to take any chances so he flew to a high ledge in the cave before taking the protective field off and landing. Yugi dismounted Yami and lay next to him.
"I'm famished," Yugi said right before his stomach growled.
"I know Yugi. I'm very hungry too," Yami said before becoming human.
Just then, some fruit and veal appeared in front of them. They happily accepted the food given to them. After eating their fill, the remaining food disappeared.
"Thanks Artemis," Yami said.
"You're welcome," the voice of Artemis said.
But the cave wouldn't provide shelter from the storm much longer. Three hours into the night, the volcano erupted again. This time, twice the smoke, sulfur and ash shot up into the sky. The firestorm was still raging strong already, but the more powerful eruption made it dangerously stronger. The fiery lightning, fireballs and lava rain began to melt through solid rock and stone.
Meanwhile, Yami and Yugi were sleeping soundly in the cave when they felt a hot wind blow past them. Yami was the first to awaken. He knew that they shouldn't have felt any wind while in the cave. He looked up and gasped in horror. The cave was staring to melt away.
"Yugi, wake up now!" Yami said urgently.
Yugi woke up to see the cave melting. He panicked.
"Quick Yugi, get on my back. This cave isn't safe anymore," Yami said.
Yugi was still panic struck but he managed to get on Yami. Yami then put a force field around himself and Yugi and flew through the melted out hole in the cave. It wasn't a moment too soon because the molten rock had reached the area that Yami and Yugi were sleeping a few moments after escaping through the roof.
"What are we going to do now? The firestorm has gotten stronger, and there's nothing that we can sleep on without it melting away," Yugi said.
"No Yugi, there is something that we can sleep on," Yami said.
"What?" Yugi asked.
"The air," Yami responded.
"How can we Yami? That's impossible," Yugi said.
"I'll show you how," Yami said. He then expaned the force field around them. "I expaned the force field's area. It will keep us in the air as we sleep," he added before touching down on the floor of the force field. He then lay down and slept.
Yugi dismounted Yami and slept as well. The firestorm raged on through the night. It was still going on strong the next morning. Yami was the first to wake up. He woke up Yugi, and Yugi mounted him before the force field became smaller again. But it still covered them. Then Yami continued through the air.
"Is this storm ever going to stop?" Yugi asked.
By the early afternoon, the smoky clouds started breaking up, and the firestorm began to die down. Miles away, the volcano had become silent again. Then a icy wind began to blow. The lava on the ground slowly began to dissipate. An hour later, there wasn't a trace of lava still on the ground, and the wind stopped blowing. Yami then removed the protective field.
"I hope that the forest balances itself out soon. That was the most frightening experience I've gone through," Yugi said.
"You and me both," Yami agreed.
They looked down and saw how much damage the firestorm had caused. There was nothing left in the area.
"Where can we find some more food now that all the fruit trees have been destroyed and the lakes are acidic?" Yugi asked.
"Normally, it would take six hours to get to another food area. And that's when I'm flying. On the ground, it takes much longer. But we'll be there in no time," Yami responded. He then disappeared and reappeared in an area that the firestorm had seemed to miss, and flew up to the fruit trees.
There were all kinds of fruit on these trees. There were apples, oranges, pears and every kind of edible fruit that grows on trees.
"Let's get some oranges. I love oranges," Yugi said.
"I love oranges too," Yami said.
Yugi picked some oranges and pears before Yami flew down and landed. They ate all the fruit that Yugi picked off because all the excitement last night made them hungrier quicker. Half an hour later, Yami rose into the air again. They were determined to make it out of this dangerous world and get back into their own.


Finally, here's chapter two. I know, it's been a long eight months. My other fics have taken my mind off of this one. That's what usually happens when I have other fics to work on. I have yet another new Digimon fic on the way for all you Digimon readers. To be honest, that's where my mind has been for these past three weeks. I have completed three chapters of this story. So be on the lookout for the first chapter of An Enemy's Friendship soon. And for all of you waiting on An Old Digimon's Vengeance to be updated, I will get back to work on it and have it updated as soon as I can. I know that it's been eight months since I've last updated that too.