Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Day Seto Needed Glasses ❯ heh! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer:I don't own YGO or any optical shops. But, I DO own any of the happenings that happen in this fic.
 
Hello all! I've been swamped with fanfic ideas I've been wondering which ones to do first. But hey, since this one's a one shot fic, I decided to do this one first. Presenting the next story of the `The Day…' one shots!!!! Enjoy!!!!!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It was now July 31, a week after Kaiba, Yugi and Joey met up in the library. (Read the prequel to this fic if you haven't. `The Day Joey Went to the Library')
 
In his office at the KC Tower, Kaiba was swiftly typing the latest document he needed in the course of the day. As he typed in the last sentence, he glanced at the clock behind the door of his office to see the time. But all he saw was a black and white blur. `That's weird…' He thought. He quickly dismissed the subject and clanked at the time on the system tray of his computer. (If you don't know what a system tray is, it's in the lower right of the desktop in the taskbar. If you don't know what a taskbar is, don't talk to me, I'm a computer expert.)
 
The time read 3:50. `Hmm…only ten minutes to create a document, must be a record.' He smirked inwardly as he clicked on the `New Document' Tool. Then, as he typed in yet another document, he noticed something…
 
The font he was used to using, Times New Roman size 11, was harder to see now. He could barely make out what he was typing. Kaiba raised an eyebrow at this, mildly concerned at this. `This is strange; first I can't see the clock, now I can't see the font. What's wrong with me?' He settled on one conclusion: Get a check up. He reached for his cell phone and strode out the door.
 
After telling his secretary that he'll be out for a few minutes, he rode the elevator to the basement and drove his car out of the Tower. (For the story's sake, let's say he didn't use the limo.)
 
When he got to the closest optometrist he could find, he consulted the doctor about his problem. The doctor, Dr. Hashi (Don't make me use Takahashi…) ran a few tests on him to see if there's anything wrong. Dr Hashi was looking over the results, and said in a monotone voice: “There's no disease infecting your eyes, Mr. Kaiba…”
 
“Well what's wrong with me?” Kaiba asked impatiently. “I need to get back to work!”
 
Dr. Hashi raised an eyebrow at Kaiba. “Do you use a computer at work often?” He asked mildly.
 
“Yes, most of the time actually.” Kaiba replied, trying to control is annoyance.
 
“That explains it. You spent too much time at the computer.” Dr. Hashi pointed out.
 
“What does that explain, exactly?” Kaiba asked.
 
“It means that the radiation from the computer isn't good for the retinas and coronas. In short: You need glasses.”
 
Kaiba visibly flinched at this. He was supposed to be perfect, flawless. And now, he had a flaw: impaired vision.
 
“Can contacts be used?” He asked.
 
“Sadly, no. The sudden implement of contact lenses could damage the eyes even further.”
 
With this said, Kaiba had no other choice. But, at least he could get a pair that showed of importance. He chose a gold pair with oval frames with a leather case. He paid Dr. Hashi and drove back to the KC Tower; all the while hiding his new purchase from everyone he passed by. When he got back to the safety of his office, he took out the case from his coat and removed the spectacles.
`If anyone knew, I am sunk.' He thought grimly as he put them on.
 
The entire room cleared up. He sat back down at the computer and continued his paperwork.
 
After a few minutes, the door suddenly opened. Kaiba frantically removed the glasses and hid them in an open drawer. When he looked back up, he saw Mokuba looking at him, a confused look on his childish face.
 
“What're you doing?” He asked.
 
“Nothing Mokuba, nothing at all.” Kaiba assured, his eyes shifting from his brother to the drawer and back.
 
“What're you hiding?” Mokuba asked suspiciously as he slowly crept to the desk.
 
“I'm not hiding anything.” Kaiba said flatly, moving in front of Mokuba. “Why do you want to know so badly?”
 
“Because…” Mokuba said, quickly sidestepping Kaiba and looking into the drawer. “I know you're hiding something!”
 
As Mokuba looked into the drawer, he saw a flash of gold and took out the glasses.
 
“Huh?” He asked, looking at Kaiba who sighed loudly. “Fine.” He said, throwing up his arms. “I went to the optometrist and he said I needed glasses. Are you satisfied?”
 
“You do?”
 
“Yes, although I don't really want to use it.”
 
“Can you put it on?”
 
Kaiba took the glasses from Mokuba and out them on.
 
“They suit you.” Mokuba commented, smiling.
 
“Just don't tell anyone, okay?”
 
“Kay!”
 
And with that, the secret was kept.
 
****************************
 
There! Another one shot comedy fic! Stay tuned as I think up the next one!!!!