Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Dream ❯ The Dream ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Dream

The year; 20XX. Yugi Moto, Joey Wheeler, Seto Kaiba, names fading away to be forgotten, except by few. Mokuba Kaiba was a man of 50. He had 3 grandchildren. Yugi and Tea's kids were about 42(Rorri), 43(Violet). Tristen and Serenity's twins were about 40(Ryan and Mary). Joey and Mai finally got together. Their only child was in his late 30's(Kyle). Duel Monsters was forgotten. Duke's business had flourished, then collapsed. No one cared anymore. Not about the past. No one remembered the fun kids had with Duel Monsters. But there was still hope. Mokuba sill ran Kaiba Corp. and still played Duel monsters. Rorri and Violet Moto stayed in contact with Ryan and Mary Honda (didn't know Tristen's last name) along with Kyle Wheeler. Rorri also ran The Game Shop. Every once in a while they all got together with each other and play Duel Monsters. They always played with their parent's decks. They handled them with care as if it was the most valuable, most fragile jewel in the universe. They played tournament style. Rorri still kept the millenium puzzle. He put it in a glass case and always took great care of it.

On one of these acations everyone showed up ready to play. But this time was different. Rorri had an anxious look in his eyes. Something he never had. He asked every one to sit down.

"Friends." Rorri said. "I want to say I have been thinking. And I have decided to try and bring Duel Monsters back." There were many gasps. Not because they didn't like the idea, in fact they loved it, but how would they do that? Finally Kyle spoke up.

"Um, how would we do that. I believe I speak for all of us here when I say cards are manufactured by Maximillian Pegasus and he long gone."

"Mokuba would help us." Now instead of gasps he got murmurs of glee. Mokuba had been friends of their parents and would certainly help them. He was a businessman himself. "Now lets do it!"

After calling and scheduling an appointment with Mokuba Kaiba he drove to Kaiba Corp. Rorri went inside and went up to the front desk.

"Hi. Could I speak with Mr. Mokuba Kaiba? I have an appointment."

"You're name?"

"Rorri Moto."

"Ok. Please follow me." The man led him to an elevator, to the highest floor, then to a door. "Here it is." The man left and Rorri went in.

"Excuse me. Mr. Kaiba. My name is Rorri. I'm Yugi Moto's son."

"What? Mr. Moto's son? I'm glad to meet you. Now, why are you here?"

"I need to ask a favor. Could you bring Duel Monsters back?" There was a very long pause. Then a smile came onto his face. "I think I just might."

After about two weeks had passed when the got the new shipment arrived at The Game Shop. Rorri opened it and there were brand new Duel Monster starter decks. He set them out and opened the shop. About 15 minutes later 2 customers came in. They were both young boys. They looked around until one boy noticed the decks.

"Hey, Eric, come here."

"What?"

"Look at these! What are they?"


"That, is the best game ever! It is called Duel Monsters. You want a starter deck? It comes with instructions and a special holographic card!" Rorri said.

"Cool! But we don't have any money." The first boy replied.

"Those are on me. Go ahead, take one each."

"Thanks mister!" The two boys left running. As they went out of the door Rorri heard the one called Eric say, "I bet my deck is better!" The other answered, "Oh yeah? Then I challenge you to a duel!" Rorri smiled. Duel Monsters was back in action.

~*~

Yugi woke up.

"What a weird dream! Oh well, I'll tell grampa later. It is time for school." He put on the millenium puzzle and walked out the door.

THE END

How was it? Please review and tell me. Until next time, see ya!