Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Egyptian Thief ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Egyptian Thief

Summary: One day Bakura stumbles across a girl called Kanika Hebony trying to steal his wallet. She’s young, pretty and sassy. So what does Bakura do about this? He does what any self-respecting ex-tomb robber would do; he sent her to the shadow realm and went about his day.

Pairings: No pairings.

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Yu-Gi-Oh! or any character associated. I do own Kanika Hebony. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to.

AN: And here’s chapter 2. I hope you enjoy and don’t be afraid to leave a review!

-

“Tell me a bit about yourself.”

Kanika simply rolled her eyes as she leaned against the wall and folded her arms under her bust, pinning the grinning tomb robber with a fearsome glare. She wasn’t in the mood in dealing with Bakura’s stupid little games to get under her skin, but she’d indulge him just once, after all, she enjoyed nothing more than putting him back in his place. She was the only one who could back in the past.

“Fine, listen up, time for a quick history lesson, Bakura,” Kanika stated as she pushed away from the wall and placed her hands on her hips in a no-nonsense manner, deeply irritated by the male in front of her.

Bakura, however, simply inclined his head for her to continue and she rolled her eyes in contempt.

“I’ll start from the beginning; my village was slaughtered when I saw eight and I was the only survivor. I was forced to become a thief in order to survive, vowing to one day make the Pharaoh pay for destroying everything I held dear. Over the years I honed my skills and became wildly known as the Queen of Thieves, not only for my talents, but for my unearthly beauty as well.”

“Original,” Bakura muttered, interrupting her, which prompted her to send him a warning glare, a look that said to shut up or she’d kick his ass like she used to.

“Unfortunately, that title came with a price,” Kanika continued, her eyes still narrowed in a glare. She didn’t know why she was doing this, explaining everything when Bakura already knew, but she felt it was the only way to remind him how much stronger and fiercer she was then he back in those times. “The Pharaoh wanted my body for his own purposes; he pursued me across the sands so I would become his bed slave. The asshole wanted to rape me,” she finished with a sense of indignity in her voice.

Bakura startled her greatly by laughing outrageously and out rightly. It wasn’t laughter of madness, he was howling in amusement. “Idiot!”

Kanika folded her arms over her chest again and nodded her head in agreement. As if she would submit herself to him just because he was the Pharaoh.

“Go on,” Bakura suddenly prompted after he calmed down from his laughing fit. “How did we meet?”

“Moron,” Kanika muttered as she rolled her eyes again. “We met when I saved you from being captured by the palace guards after you tried to steal from the royal vault that I already raided.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes,” she sighed in frustration and leaned against the wall behind her, lifting a hand to pinch the bridge of her nose. Dealing with a mischievous tomb robber was always tiring and now wasn’t any different. “From then on you saw me as a rival and potential love interest, but to me, you were nothing but a pain in the ass.”

“I see,” Bakura murmured as he shoved his hands into his pockets and slouched his posture forward a little. “So, you’re talents from the past transferred over into the present?”

“Exactly,” Kanika smirked as she flicked a strand of her luscious blue hair over her shoulder. “I’m the best pickpocket in modern times.”

“The best, huh?” Bakura repeated, a sadistic grin spreading across his face as he pulled his hand out of his pocket, revealing a wallet that appeared familiar to Kanika. Her eyes widen and she immediately glanced down to her own pocket, surprise taken over her body when she saw that the gold chain that was supposed to keep her belonging safe from anyone trying to steal from her was now hanging useless by her side.

He...stole her wallet?

“So, you think having the title “Queen of Thieves” gave you the right to try and steal from me, does it?” Bakura said as he took a menacing step forward, tossing the wallet up into the air, catching it as it fell, doing this repeatedly.

Kanika face burned red with indigently and rage, livid that Bakura seemed to be mocking her, patronizing her. “Give that back,” she demanded with a hiss as she lunged forward to try and take her possession back. Bakura was testing her patience...

“Stupid mortal,” Bakura sniggered as the alleyway suddenly filled with a thick blackness, encircling them both. His lanky figure suddenly became more frightening, more menacing, his eyes even more dangerous. “You seemed to be unaware of a small fact, the fact that unlike a certain Pharaoh, I have all of my memories intact.”

A cold chill raced down Kanika spine, uncertain what was happening around her. Could it be possible that over the years they’ve been separated that he had somehow grown stronger?

But, there was no way he could have advance so much, to become better than her he would have to train over a thousand years!

“Listen closely, mortal and listen well,” Bakura said, his voice once again deep and threatening, seemingly giving off a terrifying echo. “There was no Queen of Thieves and if there was, I fail to see how you could have gained that title. Being a pickpocket was a far cry from being a tomb robber, just so you know.”

Kanika curled her hands into fists by her sides, feeling the familiar irritation she remembered feeling in the past whenever Bakura went too far in patronizing her. He was doing it again...

“I was known as the King of Thieves,” Bakura carried on, seemingly amused by her obvious anger and discomfort. “I’ve never heard of you and I had no rival. I had no equal, especially not a bratty little pickpocket. That would have been the ultimate insult on my character, don’t you think?”

“Stop patronizing me, Bakura,” Kanika hissed. “You always do this whenever you’re pissed off about something.”

“Oh, I’m pissed off, alright,” Bakura said and even though he had a smirk on his lips, his eyes told another story. He was annoyed and mildly infuriated. “Did you actually think I would believe your crap? How foolish you must be to proclaim to be better than I. Do you really think that the Pharaoh or I would be remotely interested in a pathetic little pickpocket like yourself? A little street urchin who lives in her own little world and making up lies about the past?”

“They’re not lies!” Kanika yelled, almost screamed. Her life in Egypt was difficult, having lost her family and forced to defend for herself at such a young age. She had to fight off men of all ages who wanted her body just for sex, how dare Bakura tell her that she was lying!

She knew her memories were that of fact. She has had many dreams about her life in ancient Egypt and after witnessing a battle between Bakura and Yami, she visited a hypnotist who placed her under a deep sleep where she relived her memories of long ago. There was no way these memories of her where that of her overactive imagination. It just wasn’t possible!

“How dare you,” Kanika snarled dangerous, her top lip curling up into a animalistic growl. “You haven’t changed a bit, Bakura, you’re still the biggest bastard on the face of this planet.”

Despite her anger, Kanika managed to pull a smirk onto her lips, her hand slipping into her back pocket. She didn’t know what had crawled up Bakura’s ass and died to have him treat her so badly, so she had no choice but to remind him how much stronger she was. Out of her pocket, she pulled out a pocket knife, an old fashioned flip knife and with a quickly flick of her wrist, she snapped it open and pointed it at the white haired male in front of her.

“No one steals from me and gets away with it,” she muttered as she tightened her grip on the knife, poised to lunge forward and take a swipe at Bakura. She wasn’t aiming to kill him, just injure him enough so he would learn his lesson.

However, unexpectedly she felt a hand wrap around her throat and she was once again slammed up against the stone wall behind her. The sudden forced winded her and she dropped her knife in surprise, her hands immediately venturing up to grasp desperately at the hand like steel around her throat, wheezing pathetically the entire time. While she struggled to breath, she found herself staring into Bakura’s narrowed and frightening eyes, a sense of madness in their dark brown depths.

“I find your attitude irritating,” Bakura told her, his smirk not once wavering in the slightest. Suddenly, his Millennium ring began to glow and Kanika felt lightheaded, and yet heavy in the limbs. She couldn’t move, couldn’t speak, what was happening to her?

“Let's see how you like the Shadow Realm, little girl,” Bakura chuckled.

“Bakura!” A deep and commanding voice said with unwavering confidence, prompting the Millennium Ring to stop glowing and to fall idle against Bakura’s chest.

With a look of displeasure, Bakura glanced over his shoulder to see the familiar form of a certain spiky haired ex-Pharaoh. “Isn't it the great Pharaoh himself?” he commented.

“What do you think you are doing?” Yami asked, his voice filled with a sense that he wasn’t in the mood for any of his games. “Unhand her.”

Bakura frowned, but did what he was ordered, removing his vice like grip around Kanika’s throat, forcing her to drop to her knees as she breathed erratically to get air back into her lungs. Her heart was beating loudly in her chest, forcing her breathing to become more erratic.

Peering through her bangs of dark purple, Kanika scowled when she recognized who the newcomer was. “It’s the Pharaoh...” she muttered bitterly under her breath.

“What does it look like I'm doing?” Bakura said as he gave Yami his full attention, the ever notorious smirk appearing on his lips once again. “I'm sending this pathetic little thief into the shadow realm, that's what.”

Yami’s eyes narrowed in disapproval and he took a step forward, the upside-down pyramid around his neck glowing bright, warding away the dark mist that had somehow enveloped the alley way. “I won't let you do that!” he stated with a sense of justice.

Kanika couldn’t believe this. She was being saved by that heartless Pharaoh! There was no way she was going to be in debt to him, especially not him, anyone but him. However, the thought of being cast into the shadow realm where Bakura would no doubt have his way with her as much as he wanted wasn’t appealing to her.

Grr, how irritating!

Looked like she had no choice but to allow the great ex-Pharaoh to save her, take her in and become her royal bodyguard, to protect her from the ever deranged ex-Tomb King. She’d be in his debt, and she won’t like a minute of it!

“Oh and why not?” Bakura asked with a sense of mild amusement. “Don't tell me she's a friend of yours?”

Kanika stiffened, waiting for the Pharaoh to tell Bakura what he intended to do with her, but to her surprise, Yami simply cast a quick glance in her direction before focusing on the Tomb Robber again and shook his head.

“No, I've never seen this young woman in my life,” he stated simply.

Kanika spluttered in disbelief. “But-!”

“Oh, come now,” Bakura said, cutting Kanika off from any reply of indignantly and chuckled. “Surely you would recognize a bed slave you’ve been perusing for years when you were Pharaoh?”

Yami’s brow immediately furrowed into a look that was nothing but blatant confusion, faltering a little in his steps. “I beg your pardon?”

Bakura simply shook his head, the snow white bangs swaying from the movement and he shrugged his shoulders. “Why are you stopping me, Pharaoh?” he asked.

“Because the Shadow Realm is already filled with her kind, that's why,” Yami explained as he gave a weary sigh and shook his head a little and began moving further into the alleyway, stopping just short of Bakura and turned his attention to Kanika who was still kneeling on the ground. “What's her story?”

“The usual,” Bakura replied with a careless shrug. “She was a thief from accident times, so feared that she earned the title the "Queen of Thieves" or something.”

Yami’s expression turned blank as he mulled over these words for a moment. “I did not realize that there were so many Queens of thieves in the desert.”

“I didn't either,” Bakura said, accompanied by another careless shrug. “Apparently, I know of her. You are an admirer of hers as well, it seems.”

“Is that what you meant by bed slave earlier?” Yami asked, starting to understand Bakura’s strange question earlier.

“Yeah, apparently, you used to be an asshole that went around raping sassy little pickpockets like her,” Bakura explained with a slight snigger.

Yami simply deadpanned at the response. “I see...”

Bakura grinned wildly, somewhat amused by Yami’s expression. “Indeed.”

Kanika couldn’t quite understand what was going on. Bakura and Yami...talking like they were friends? What the hell? They were supposed to be enemies, rivals for her affections! Back in ancient times, she couldn’t recall the number of times Yami and Bakura engaged in battle over her, each other vowing to fight to the death for her.

“What's wrong with you?” Kanika asked, pulling the two males out of their conversation as she struggled to her feet, glaring at the two in a fearsome manner. “Why aren't you helping me?” she asked, turning her attention to Yami, who inclined his head to the side in question.

Bakura turned to her and rolled his eyes, shaking his head a little in disbelief. “The Pharaoh has better things to do with his time than save petty little thieves like you.”

Kanika reeled her head back in surprise, blinking her silver eyes blankly for a moment. But she quickly composed herself and folded her arms over her chest as she continued to glare at them.

“Fine!” she snarled. “I’d rather die than be in debt with that cruel bastard.”

“Very well then,” Bakura said as he abruptly took her by the throat again, letting the ring around his neck glow and fill the alleyway with a blinding light. After a moment, it died down and Kanika wasn’t to be seen.

He just sent her to the shadow realm...

“Bakura!” Yami scowled loudly. “I told you no!”

Bakura turned his back to him and began walking away, his arms moving up to rest behind his head in a very casual manner. “Since when do I listen to you, anyway?” he asked carelessly.

“Bakura,” Yami said warningly as he followed him, practically stalking after him in frustration. “I absolutely refuse to let you send anymore young women with fake millennium items and past lives in Ancient Egypt to the shadow realm. It’s a place where Duel Monster can rest in peace, not a garbage dump!”

Bakura laughed at Yami’s unwittingly hilarious description of the shadow realm being a dumping ground for irritating brats. Miss Queen of Thieves was just one of many twits he had sent away for annoying him, and she would be the...tenth Queen of Thieves he’s banished? Sounds about right...

“Just try and stop me,” he sniggered and quickened his pace, disappearing amongst the crowded streets, vanishing from Yami’s sight.

“Tomb Robber…” Yami muttered as he shook his head. “What am I going to do with him?”

Next to him, pops the ghostly image of Yugi, having been sent to the Millennium Puzzle the moment Yami felt someone using shadow magic. “Maybe you should let him go?” he suggested uncharacteristically bitter for someone usual so helpful and kind.

“Yugi!”

Yugi immediately blushed lightly and gave a small forced chuckle as he pressed his two index fingers together. “Heh, sorry, I’m just tired of girls trying to get close to me in effort to get to you, that’s all.”

Unable to find anything to use in an argument against that, Yami simply sighed and touched his forehead with the palm of his hand. “I guess.”

Stalking the streets, with his hands still behind his head, looking smug and casual, Bakura was semi-pleased that he was able to send that obnoxious twit into the shadow realm. He didn’t even know her name, not that he cared too much.

“Kura, please,” came the gentle tug of his shy and timid Hikari. Next to him, in spirit form, Ryou appears, a slightly sad look on his face. “You have to stop sending people to the shadow realm!”

“What was I suppose to do?” Bakura asked irritably and with a sense of haughtiness. “She tried to steal my wallet, as if I could let her get away with that.”

“Couldn’t you scare her, or something?” Ryou suggested softly, his hands in spirit form grasping onto his shoulder and giving him a small tug. “I mean, sending her to the shadow realm was a bit harsh.”

Bakura simply shrugged the shoulder Ryou was touching and stuck his noise into the air. “They have to learn somehow, right?”

Ryou sighed and dropped his head a little in defeat. “What am I going to do with you? She’s the fifth one this week, and it’s only Tuesday!”

“I know!” Bakura said with a sense of bitterness in his voice. “It was fun at first, but now it’s getting ridiculous. I can’t even walk down the street without some obnoxious little brat annoying me.”

“Kura…” Ryou said softly, not wanting any more souls to be banished. Sure, they were deeply annoying, but were they that irritating that they had no other option but to banish them from the face of the earth?

Bakura grumbled something incoherent under his breath. He hated with his Hikari used that soft, vulnerable tone of his. Ryou was just too nice sometimes. “Alright, fine,” he griped. “I’ll pull her out later, ok? Happy now?”

Ryou practically squealed in delight and clapped his hands. “Thank you, Kura.”

“Don’t call me that,” Bakura quickly replied as he lowered his arms from their casual position behind his head and shoved his hands into his pockets, his bottom lip sticking out into a pout of annoyance. “Whatever, I’m sure her encounter with the reaper of cards would have scared the sassiness out of her, anyway.”

Surely, she won’t be bothering them again, right?