Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Flame Champion ❯ The Flame Champion ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rating: G

Pairing: None

Warnings: eventual Spoilers and bad english, first Yu-Gi-Oh fic

Background information:

I just started playing Yu-Gi-Oh and already found a card I can identify myself with. It's the `Flame Champion' a very cool, powerful and proud looking card (for those who would like to know ATK 1900/DEF 1300). She belongs to the element fire and is in the category `pyro'.

Well, and since I like her so much, I thought `Why don't I make a story about her?' and well, this is the result of it ^-^

Oh yes, I should mention, that there are NO characters from Yu-Gi-Oh in this story except for the Pharaoh (Yu-Gi-Oh) and the cards `Flame Champion' and `Lady of Faith'.

Enough talking! Read it for yourself and enjoy!

The Flame Champion

It was another hot day in Egypt. There had been a drought for quite some time now and the reserves of the silo were slowly running out. The people started to protest against the pharaoh - as if he could change the weather - and did even more praying to the gods than they had done before.

But their prayers felt on deaf ears, for there was still no rain. The other countries around them got enough rain for their harvest and noticed that the majority of the Egyptian had to suffer from hunger.

Deciding to take this unique chance, three of the jealous neighbour countries combined their forces and started an attack against the weakened empire.

When the first lines were overrun, the pharaoh turned to his allies for help, but didn't got a reply. His own army was not really able to fight, for they were suffering from the hunger as well, but the priests and priestess - no matter what status - offered to help with the little magical power they possessed.

Although the pharaoh knew, that he couldn't do much to keep his land from getting overrun by his enemies, he kept sending his soldiers out, so they would at last buy them as much time as possible, for he still hoped for help.

Just when he was about accepting, that there wouldn't be any help - no one form the gods and no one from his allies - the prayers of the people and priests seamed to get granted.

The pharaoh himself had left his palace to face his enemies, together with the left over of his army and his priest and was now standing face to face with the leaders of the other countries.

A few had changed sides and were to the sides of their new leaders. Together with them they seamed to laugh over the pharaoh, while their troops surrounded him and his loyal servants and friends.

They were standing in front of the capital of Egypt, which still hadn't yet surrendered to their new foe, when the pharaoh was thinking about giving up, to at last save the lives of his friends.

It was exactly then that suddenly someone called out for all present and their had snapped up the a hill of sand.

And there she stood - tall and proud - looking down at them from her high place as if they were some small insects.

The time seamed to stand still, while a soft breeze moved her blood red cape and the sun reflected on her silver shining armour, making her seem more like a goddess than a human...

Her arms were crossed and at her left side hung a quite impressive silvery sword.

Finally - after what seamed like an eternity - she spoke with an superior tone.

"My, my, my. What do we have here? Three fools daring to go against the pharaoh of Egypt?"

Those words made the leaders snap out of the trance they seamed to be in. "How dare you-", one of them started, but shut up, when her red eyes narrowed and seamed to kill him with her glare.

To the surprise of everyone she suddenly started to chuckle and then lead out a laugh. She quickly recovered herself and looked down at them with such an arrogance, that there was noone who could match that.

"If you want to fight so badly, why don't you try to defend me?", she asked snickering. "That is, if you have the courage to do so..."

"You think, that you could beat all of our armies?! Don't think little of us girl!", now another one relied. "Oh, you have a bit of spirit...", she teased them. "Well, I like this, it will be fun to see you broken..."

She shut the next one up, with an impatient gesture her hand. "I give you this last warning! Retire or you will have to suffer the consequences!"

"You really think high of yourself, don't you? Well, I will show you not to think little of us!!! Attack her!", the first one ordered his armies and the second one followed, while the third one kept his army to protect the three of them and to keep the pharaoh and his loyal ones from running away or attacking.

An evil smirk appeared at the face of the female warrior and she pulled her sword and lifted it high up in the air.

Just when they reached the foot of the sand mountain she stood on, she let her blade fall down and yelled "ATTACK NOW!".

After a few seconds the earth seamed to shake and behind her other warriors appeared running towards their enemies. It were different kinds of warriors starting with those who used sword and shield to fight, continuing with archers, priest and priestess, sorcerer and magicians.

The last one that appeared was a huge birdlike creature on which back the nameless fighter jumped. The bird flew over the fighting armies over to where the pharaoh of Egypt and the remains of his allies stood and then flew a loop back to attack those, who were to close to them.

The leader of the foreign army used the time before the loop to jump down and kill one of the soldiers before landing onto his death body.

"I warned you not to underestimate me!", she grinned evilly at the three leaders and lunched forward. A few of the army had the courage to jump between her deadly blows and their masters, but those were dead meat within a few seconds.

Seeing their chance the pharaoh and his companions started to attack as well and it now seamed as if they had a realistic chance of winning this war, especially now, that they had such a strong fighter at their side.

After what seamed hours the heads of the three leaders where chopped of and most of the army was either slain or had given up. Only a few still stood and were determined to fight, but those were not many and they were surrounded by the army of the mysterious lady.

They had made a circle, which held the heavy wounded ones in the middle and those who were only lightly injured were outside, ready to fight everyone of that dared to attack them, but strangely the other army left some space between them and their enemies and made place for their general, who now entered the space between her allies and those ones who were still alive.

Her sword was back in it's sheath and she silently took a look at the men. In the eyes of the one, who seamed something like the groupleader, she saw a passionate fire burning, which was reflected in the eyes of the most of his people.

She know what this expression meant. Those people still had something even more precious to lose than their live, probably their family.

Her own expression softened a little - but only a little. "You have fought well until now. Lay down your weapons and I will let you life.", she told them.

"What reason do we have to believe you?!", the leader of the little group snarled. "Well, you are not dead yet, I could have also let my men take care of you, but I didn't, did I?", she asked completely calm.

This fact made the leader thinking and he hesitated, but one of his men lost his nerves and run towards her his sword risen over his head. "DIE!", he yelled and let his blade fall.

Thanks to her quick reflexes, she managed to avoid the blow and rammed him her knee into his stomach.

The sword felt with a thud into the sand and the man was caught from stabbing himself with it from the general herself.

"I didn't kill him.", she said, when she noticed the concerned look of the leader. "He is just knocked out for a while..."

While she spoke those words, a servant of hers took the man out of her arms and carried him over to a tent her men had built up in the meantime.

"Alright. I give up.", the man said and let go of his sword, raising his hands. His men followed after a few seconds of hesitation.

The woman nodded and called out some names. A few minutes later the defeated soldiers where taken care of by the priest, who took care of their wounds.

The pharaoh had invited her into his palace, but she had told him, that she would follow him later and that she had to take care of a few things first.

While she controlled if her orders had been done, as she had wanted them to be, she met the man again, who had leaded the group and entrusted his live to her.

"Excuse me, if this is rude, but do you always fight like this?", he blurted out before he could stop himself. The warrior looked at him for a few moments and then shook her head. "No, not always, but if I see people like you, who don't fight because they want to, but because they were forced to... You also didn't fight to survive this or to serve your master, but to return back to your family, that's why I spared the life of you and your men!"

One of her servants passed by and quickly spoke to her, before he left again in a hurry. The general turned back to man again. "You and your companions are going to be brought back were you belong by the first light of the morning sun tomorrow... I have to go and see the pharaoh now, it was nice to meet you. Good luck!", she told him and was gone, before the man had even time to blink.

"A strong and proud woman.", the man said to noone in particular. He had to admit to himself, that only her presence was impressive, not to speak of her appearance. It was then when he noticed, that he didn't even knew the name of the generous general.

True to her word she let the survivors return to their loved ones the next day, but this is something that is saved for later, because right now the leader entered the palace of the pharaoh, who was already awaiting her.

"I'm afraid, I cannot offer you much, for our reserves are almost all used up and the priest are afraid that there want be rain for another month...", the pharaoh greeted her.

"That is alright and not much of a problem, my servants know of your problem and should transport half of the food we brought with us into your silos right now.", the woman asked and took place on the seat that was offered to her.

The pharaoh looked at her in surprise and was about to thank her, when she cut him off. "No need to thank me, it was a pleasure."

The young man in front her was confused for a few moments, but then he nodded grateful and asked the question that had bothered him since she had made her appearance.

"May I ask, what your name is and from with country you are?"

The woman in front of broke into a slight chuckle. "Of course you may.", she smile and took of her iron helmet only to reveal the light blue hair, that was ending at the high of her ears, except for one thick strand on either side of her face, that reached down to her shoulders.

"I'm the daughter of and old friend of yours, his name is Nerithan, he know you were in trouble and would forget that he has a country with an army of his own, so he ordered me to take my army and come to your aid.", the woman explained.

"Now I know where you are from, but you still didn't told me your name.", the pharaoh remembered her. She grinned at him. "So you noticed, huh? Well, the name I got on the day I was born was Nitania, but I'm known by the name of `Flame Champion'."

"Flame Champion? I have heard this name already, but I thought that this was a man?", the pharaoh said absently and then noticed his rudeness. "That is alright! It is fun to watch those fool thinking they have easy play and then they are overrun by my forces.", she grinned her trademark smirk.

The pharaoh shared her smile and they continued talking till late in the night, before they excused themselves to go to bed, the ruler over Egypt asked her a very important question.

"Are you going to stay for a while? I would welcome it, for it might give my people some hope."

The young general thought that idea over then she shrugged. "There are no wars in my home right now, so it shouldn't be a problem, I only have to tell my men and servants and sent a message to father." "And how long would you like to stay?" "How about until the first day of rain is over?" The pharaoh looked at her strangely, but accepted this answer and bid her a good night.

Once she left the palace the female warrior went straight to her men and told them about her stay. With her stayed one of her servants, who was also a sorceress. (You also know her under the name `Lady of Faith' ^-^)

Two weeks passed by without anything worth mention. The food the troops had brought were close to be eaten up again and the priest still didn't thought that the rain would come soon.

After those two weeks, the pharaoh asked the general and her servant into the palace again, but this time they were awaited in the throne hall.

After a formal greeting he thanked her once again for helping him and his country when they needed help and a servant brought over a shield, but as both women felt, this was no ordinary shield.

For once, it held the crest of their homeland and second it had a magical aura on it.

"This is a shield that was especially made for you in order to show our thanks." "I appreciate it and will hold it in honour.", she answered and put it on her left arm. Immediately she felt some kind of power running through her arm and in the next moment flames were around the shield, but without hurting her skin. She didn't even felt the heat of that fire.

"Now your nickname will fit you even better.", the pharaoh smiled, when she let the flames disappear. The answer of the `Flame Champion' was only an evil smirk.

On the day after that ceremony, it miraculously started to rain. Of course it was important for the country, but the pharaoh had to admit, that he would miss the fiery warrior.

While the people were happy with joy, the pharaoh wished the daughter of his old friend good-bye and asked her to greet him from him, which she promised.

For the next four years he was busy taking over the countries that dared to stand up against him and let those countries who should have helped him fell his anger about their betrayal.

He was still in a war with a country when he got unexpected guest. (At that time the old version of `Duel Monster' already existed, but there were no Millennium Items yet, except for the Puzzle ^-^.)

It was Nitania, also known as `The Flame Champion'. She was now even more famous then she had been before, although there were not many persons that knew that she was a woman.

Of course the pharaoh was happy to met her again and quickly organised a small festival for her, but this should prove to be a mistake.

Unknown to them one of the pharaohs enemies sneaked under the people and shoot a knife at the pharaoh, but Nitania noticed it and protected him with her body.

Of course the attacker was caught and was tortured for information in the dungeons, but the life of the famous general should be lost, or shouldn't it?

Taking her last breaths she laid in the arms of the pharaoh, who yelled orders at his people to get a healer, but she draw his attention on her by touching his arm.

"It's to late... I can fell the life slipping out of me... It seams that the fire of the Flame Champion is close to burn out... Farewell, my pharaoh... May the gods protect you...", she whispered.

Unknown to her, her words gave him an idea. "Your fire, my friend, shall never burn out! I will make sure of this", he told her and with that the eye on the pyramid around his neck started to glow.

A few seconds later the healer entered, but his powers were of no use anymore.

Down to the feet of the pharaoh laid a huge stone, with the picture of the woman who had saved his empire and his live.

Later the stone was sent back to her father and as he had promised, the woman was never forgotten until the destruction of the game in Egypt.

But even now, that the game is being played again, the fire of this beautiful and powerful warrior is still not burned out...

The End

~*~

So what do you think about it? Good? Bad?

Shall I write another story about her? For example what would happen if her soul was reborn in this time and she would remember when playing the game?