Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Past ❯ The Knife ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five

The Knife

Kari reawaked, lying on the ground. Her body burned from the hot sun over her. Looking up, Kari found herself in a desert and Yami was no where around. She pulled out her cards. Looked threw them and activated one.

"Map of Reviling!" She cried. She looked hard at it. Yami was nowhere on it. There was a small dot the said Millenium piece in a town a few miles ahead. Pulling out another card she call "Amour Horse of Life!"

A yellow winged horse appeared. It's hindquarters was covered with a purple cloth and the Egyptian symbol of life in gold. Mounting it, Kari rode of to the town. She knew people would stare at her. She had fallen into the 1800s and back then, no one wear black buckled shirts, leather mini skirts, and long high heeled boots, and they must certainly did wear BMX Biker gloves, yet along riding on a winged horse. Stopping in front of a bar, Kari ordered the card to return. A woman screamed at the sight. Kari entered the bar.

"What kind of weird outfit are you wearing little miss?" The sheriff asked as he eyed her.

"Leather," Kari snapped and sat down. "What does it look like?"

"You should watch your tongue little lady," The sheriff snarled back. "Children shouldn't talk back,"

"Children?" Kari thought and looked at herself. She had taken the size of an eight-year-old.

"Osiris you jerk!" She yelled as she accidentally activated the map card. She stared surprised at it. "It's right next to me,"

"What is?" the bartender asked.

"A piece of Egyptian history it's around here somewhere it's… it's… it's in that guys pocket," Kari said and pointed at a rough looking man. "Who is he?"

"Mad Dog," Bar tender said. "Mind you, don't mess with him child… Child? Child are you crazy?"

"Sure am," Kari joked and took a seat next to him. "That's a nice looking knife you have,"

"I use it to kill people with!" Mad Dog laughed as he patted Kari on the head. "Who are you?"

"A kid," Kari said and got an idea. "Do you want to play a game with me?"

"I don't do games kid,"

"Not a normal game," Kari laughed as her necklace sparkled in the light. "A game of darkness. Or are you chicken?"

"What do you wager?" He asked. Kari smiled. She had him now.

"How about my gold necklace," she replied. "Pure gold,"

"Fine," He replied and pulled out a deck of poker cards.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting ready of a game,"

"We are not playing poker," Kari snarled and pulled out her duel monsters. "Here is what we do. We each pull one card. Whomever has the strongest card wins, but if you cheat, you'll suffer a game penalty, okay,"

"What if it's a draw?"

"We pull another," Kari answered as she mixed the cards up. Mad Dog stared at the cards looking bewildered at their pictures. "You go first,"

"Hey?" He cried as he looked at the picture of Amour. "What kind of cards are these?"

"Duel monsters," Kari answered and drew a card.

"Please, please be more powerful," Kari thought. "Where is Yami when you need him?"

"I win," Kari said quietly. She placed down a strange looking card. "Silver eyed Gold Dragon melts Amour Horse of Life,"

"How do you know!" Mad Dog growled. He put the card down and it activated. "What is this?"

"Silver Eyes, Nova Blast!" Kari ordered and sure enough the horse metal. "The knife,"

"I'll give you a knife!" Mad Dog growled. He pushed the table aside and pulled the dagger out. "I give it to your heart!"

"You broke the rules!" Kari snarled as her own third eye appeared. She sounded god like as she voice echoed threw the town. "Game Penalty. MIND CRASH!"

Several people screamed as Mad Dog fell to the floor stone dead. Kari just stood stunned as the sheriff arrested her.

"You can't keep me here!" Kari pleaded. She had to admit that it liked strange to anyone. One minute your playing with the twenty-five year old murder and the next, he's stone died over a game. "You'll get yourself killed if you keep me here!"

"Quiet!" The sheriff called as the deputy walked in. "There is something mighty strange about you. One minute your and child and the next a full grown woman,"

"I'm only sixteen," Kari replied shocked then remembered that in the western time, people didn't get to become very old.

"Who's she?" the boy asked.

"A stranger for outside of town, John," The sheriff answered as he cleaned his gun. "Says her name is Kari Motachi. I wrote to the capital and they told me there is no one here by that name,"

"And I told you why!" Kari screamed angrily. "I come from Japan okay!"

"What kind of cloth is she wearing?" John asked as he got closer. He knocked over Kari's backpack and out came the deck. He picked them up and looked even more confused. "What is this stuff, Bill?"

"Asked her," Bill replied. "She says it's from the future and she is too,"

"That's because I am!" Kari growled then got an idea. "Hey can you pull out a card or two for me?"

"I don't know,"

"Come on," Kari teased as she sat back. "They are just cards right?"

"I guess so, but…"

"Chicken?" Kari mucked and the deputy turned red.

"What do they looked like?"

"One has a map on it," Kari answered happily. Her plan was working. "And the other has a monster switching places on it,"

"These?"

"Dingo," Kari replied and held out her hand. "Can I have them?"

"Go ahead John," the sheriff laughed and put the cards into the girl's hand. "What are you going to do? A magic trick?"

"Something like that," Kari grinned as she got two unsure looks. "Monster Switch Card Activate!"

Suddenly the lawmen found themselves inside the cell and Kari outside. She put her things back into her backpack and grabbed a coat and the sheriff's guns. The deputy looked admiring at her as the sheriff sent one bad word after another at the girl telling her to let them out.

"You'll get hung for this!" He yelled turning purple in the face. "You hear!"

"I heard you!" Kari growled and took his hat. "I'm borrowing this,"

"Give my back my hat!"

"Here catch!" Kari yelled as she threw him the cell keys. "I have got to go,"

"Wow," John said with a loving smile. "She's cute,"

Running as fast as she could, Kari jumped over the railing and bumped into people. She yelled sorry every time, thinking of how stupid she had been for taking a mini skirt. Seto had told her they weren't that good to wear.

As she turned a corner Kari stared at what looked like a time rip. Looking hard at it, Kari stuck her hand inside. Dumb move, it was like a black hole that was pulling her inside, she dropped the knife as she struggled against the pull. Before she was pulled threw Bukura fell threw. Kari fell threw and the time rip disappeared. Looking at the ground, Bukura picked the knife up and hurried away.