Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Power of Two ❯ Because we're ok, we're fine. ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

KB- One-shot fic. R+R Plz, and tell me what you think.

Soffia- I think it's weird.

KB- Well!!! I DIDN'T ASK YOU!!! NOW DID I??

Saceria- ~Snickers~ ~looks around and sees no way out and really doesn't want to fall victim to KB's magic pencil~ Kuroi Bara no Twilight does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or the song, they both belong to their respected owners.

KB- ~looks hopeful~ though if anyone knows where I can apply to own it, let me know. And on with the fic!!! Oh and lyrics are in stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Bakura's POV

It had been a whole year sense I'd stopped beating Ryou and started to act like a Yami. 'I' Think I'm doing pretty well; Aibou hasn't acted this happy for as long as even his father can remember. The bullies that use to pick on him are now keeping their distance, they can't tell us apart and don't want to catch me on a bad day.

Ryou was at school listening to his boring algebra teacher drone on and on and on in that monotone voice of his. I was flipping through 'our' deck when I felt Ryou give in to the sleep urge just as Joey and Tristan long sense had. I knew Aibou was never the one to do this and his other teachers, and father would worry. I considered waking him back up but I let Aibou sleep and took over for him right before his head hit the desk.

I scribbled down a few noted, and without thinking I wrote down the song I'd had stuck in my head all morning. I started to erase it but noticed it perfectly described my Hikari and I, so I left it there for him to find later. It wasn't until this moment I saw class was over and followed Aibou's friends to the cafeteria.

Ryou's POV

I suddenly woke up from a dreamless sleep and found myself in the cafeteria in the middle of a conversation with Joey.

I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I looked up to see Yugi (or maybe it was Yami) smiling at me. "I see your awake, it's about time you almost missed two classes." It was Yugi; Yami would have had a wiser comment in that sentence. He took the seat beside me. "I think I'm the only one who noticed Bakura switch places with you. Good thing he came out when he did, or you would have had a concussion."

I smiled, so that's what had happened and why I woke up her. "Arigato Yugi. That's what happened," I said voicing my thoughts. "I have a feeling I'll have to have him translate whatever notes he took into a language 'I' know."

He agreed and I left to find my notebook. I found it and I saw, surprisingly, all the notes where in English. There was one note that was too long to be something one would find in an algebra notebook.

I couldn't help but smile as I read what Bakura had written:

*Because we're okay, we're fine, Baby I'm here to stop your crying. Chase all the ghosts from your head, I'm stronger than the monster beneath your bed. I'm smarter than the tricks played on your heart, We'll look at them together than we'll take um apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, Multiplying life by the power of two.*

~Hi Aibou. You know, your right. This class is REALLY BORING!! I think this song fits except for the ghost thing I think 'I' count as one of those. Well have fun the rest of your day; I'll see you after school. Bakura (who else??)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Soffia- THE TOTAL THING IS BROTHERLY YOU SICK PEOPLE!!!!

Saceria- Calm down sis. Not everyone has 'Trista or Rekka's' mind. (Trista and Rekka are the nicknames of two of KB's friends who are very perverted.)

KB- It wasn't that bad now was it?? Plz 'member to R+R

Soffia- KB, you promised lyrics.

KB- I did, oh, ok. Here ya'go: I know it's a love song, it was played at a friends wedding but the chorus does fix Bakura and Ryou.

The 'Power of Two' by Indigo Girls.

Now the parking lot is empty, Everyone's gone someplace. I pick you up and in the trunk I've packed, A cooler and a two-day suit case.

Cause there's a place we like to drive, Way out in, the country. Five miles out of the city limit we're singing, And your hands upon my leg.

~same chorus as in Bakura's note~

Now the things that I am afraid of, I'm not afraid to tell. And if we ever leave a leagues, It's that we loved each other well.

'Cause I've seen the shadows of so many people, Trying all the treasures of youth. But oh no, their fancy and fast end's in a fatal crash, And I'm glad we got off, to tell you the truth.

~chorus~

All the sunny little trinkets of temptation, Something new instead of something old. All ya gotta do is scratch beneath the surface, And it's fools gold, fools gold, fools gold.

Now we're talking 'bout a difficult thing, Our eyes are getting wet. Oh, I took us for better and I took us for worse, And don't you ever forget it.

There's still bars between me and a promise, Suddenly bent with ease, 'bent with ease.' Oh the closer I am bound in love to you, The closer I am to free.

~One last chorus~

KB- I think I got all the lyrics right. If I didn't all ya gotta do is tell me, and again, plz R+R. Arigato