Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The reincarnation of the Flame Champion ❯ The new student ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rating: PG

Pairings: not sure yet, but expect yaoi soon

Warnings: yaoi, Anzu/Tea-bashing, spoilers (mostly because I haven't gotten very far in watching or reading Yu-Gi-Oh), eventually bad english

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, but I do own Makoto ^-^

Once again a fic about my favourite card, the Flame Champion. Now go on and don't let yourself be bothered by me. ^-^

Chapter 1: The new student

~*~

The day started like every other day did for Yugi & Co. They stood up, had breakfast and went to school. There they met and chatted happily with each other.

Of course Joey had to start an argument with Tristan, which one of their favourite cards had the better chances in a duel and also dragged their friends into that discussion.

Seto, being the guy he was, only called the blonde a puppy dog again and decided to keep his distance to the group and Ryou also managed soon to escape that discussion together with Yugi, while Tea started one of her friendship rants and how friends shouldn't quarrel with each other.

All too soon the bell announced the start of the school and the students went groaning to their seats. A few seconds later their teacher entered the class and wished them a good morning.

It was their form teacher, who seamed in quite a good mood.

"As you know,", she started, "our yearly school festival is drawing close and this year you are responsible for the topic. So anyone has an idea what we could do this year?"

That question was followed by a flow of suggestions, but soon they realised, that those ideas either had already been made or were impossible to organise.

Surprisingly it was Tea who made the suggestion to hold a dance. The others soon agreed, for this hadn't been made yet, but they also decided, that it should be a special dance and were for a costume dance.

The only problem left, was the topic. Tea wanted the costumes to be for famous pairings of the literature so that the students had to come in couples (and of course she could ask Yami out).

Yugi and his friends wanted `Duel Monsters' to be the topic.

The dilemma now was that exactly the half of the class voted for Teas idea and the other for Yugis. Just when there was about to start a quarrel between those two parties, somebody knocked onto the door.

The door slid open and the headmaster entered. "Oh, I see you already asked for the ideas for the festival , very well... A costume dance? Well, that sounds interesting! And what is the topic of this dance supposed to be?", he wanted to know when he noticed the scribbling on the black board.

"You see, that is the problem. Half of the class want to dress up as famous couples of the literature and the other half wants to dress up as duel monsters.", the teacher explained.

"Well, I think I might have the solution to this problem.", the headmaster smiled and turned back to the still open door. "Come in."

A good-looking girl in the male uniform of the school entered and stood in front of the class. Most of the boys as well as the girls starred at her in awe.

Although she was wearing the MALE uniform she looked stunning. Her light blue hair was cut short and ended in the high of her ears, which gave her a boyish touch, but her soft and fine features clearly showed that she was definitely female.

Fire red eyes took a look at the class without showing any expression, except for slight boredom - very familiar to that look Seto Kaiba wore. When he could make time to attend school.

"This is Makoto Hino, she just moved over and will attend your class from now on... Well, Hino-san, which topic would you choose? Couples of the literature or Duel Monsters?", the headmaster introduced the girl and at the same time asked for her opinion.

"It depends on what the goal of this costume dance is.", the girl said completely coolly. "To please the teachers with the knowledge of literature or to do a festival that will attract people and let them have fun... I personally would choose Duel Monster as topic. Costumes to dress up as literature couple can be bought everywhere, but to dress up as Duel Monster should be a challenge! And don't take this the wrong way, but a dance with literary important couples have already been made and are nothing new!"

With her little speech and her attitude she managed to convince the rest of the class (except for Tea who was disappointed) and they all wanted Duel Monster to be the topic.

"Well, now that this is cleared, I will leave and inform the other classes as well. Have a nice day.", the headmaster nodded his agreement and left the class, shutting the door behind himself.

"Alright!", the teacher now took over again. "Why don't you take a seat next to.... uh... Seto Kaiba?", she suggested a bit unsure when she noticed that this was the only free seat left.

The girl shrugged and sat down next to the brown haired boy.

Not wanting to start something new in the last ten minutes she decided to get some information of her students. "So as whom will you dress up?", she asked no one in particular.

Of course everyone wanted to dress up as their favourite card and so the round continued until it stopped at Seto Kaiba who of course would try to come as the Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Next to him Makoto snorted. "Do you have a problem with that?", the boy asked at her, seeming to kill her with his cold blue eyes, but Makoto was unaffected by them and glared back at him with her ruby red ones. "No, it's only so typical for you boys to want to be the most powerful ones.", she explained obliviously annoyed.

"Well, then why don't you tell us what your favourite card is, so we can see if you are any better then we boys?!", Seto hissed. In the next moment a card was so close to his face that he cross-eyed for a few moments before a backed a little bit away to get a better look on the card.

"The Flame Champion of course! She might not be as powerful as your Blue Eyes but she rocks!", the blue haired girl smirked. Her smirk was not unlike to the one the woman on the card wore.

"My, my, my. Isn't that sweet? With a card like this you will never be able to win a duel!", the leader of Kaiba Cooperation bit back. "You think so? Well, we will see about that!", she answered in the same voice.

The others around them seamed non-existent as they went into a glaring contest.

"I'm impressed! This new girl didn't only dare to challenge Seto Kaiba, but also is an worthy equal to him!", one of the girls whispered. "And she is so lucky! She can sit next to the best looking guy of this school!", another one sighed. "I wonder why she isn't wearing the proper girls uniform.", the next one whispered back.

The loud ringing of the bell startled the glaring ones and made them break eye contact at the same time. A crowd gathered around the new girl. Some were interested in her, some only used this opportunity to get close to Kaiba.

Dozens of questions were asked at the same time, but to the surprise of everyone she glared up at them as if they were some kind of pathetic little insect.

"Listen! I'm not in the mood to answer any questions and I'm not interested on a date with any of you guys so do me a favour and leave my alone!", she told them with a disgusted undertone.

Frightened by her words and her glare they quickly shrank back in fear and went back to their seats, talking silently about her and quietly sneaked glances at her, while she leaned back in her chair and crossed the arms behind her back.

The boy sitting next to her had been quiet surprised by her reaction and a small smirk appeared on his face when he noticed that he kind of liked that girl, of course he would never admit that aloud, but secretly he did - even if it was only to himself.

"She has quiet a spirit and she is the first girl that dared to stand up against my glare.", he thought, still smirking.

The rest of the day passed by in peace until their lunch break. The bully of the school mistook Makoto for a female looking boy, because of the uniform and because her chest was really to well covered up to reveal any breast and tried to `have some fun with her'.

Once she had entered the cafeteria he and a few of his fellowship went over to her and started making insults, which were completely ignored by the new girl, who stood in line to get some food. A bit angry the leader of the group grabbed her shoulder to make her face him - which proofed to be a big mistake.

Crashing he went into the wall, leaving a small dent in it. "Don't you ever dare touching me, you filthy bastard!", she growled. Growling the bully went back to his feet. "Shut up! At last I don't look and sound like a girl unlike you! You are a shame for every man!", he spat.

The girl in question raised an elegant shaped eyebrow, then shook her head and turned back into the line.

"STOP IGNORING ME!", the bully yelled and made a dash at her again. This time she first rammed him her elbow in the stomach and then her knee. "I will say this only once, so you better listen to me!", she growled at him. "I AM a GIRL, so fuck off and never bother me again, or else you will have to face the consequences!!!"

Unbelieving the boy starred at her for a few seconds before she used her strength to kick him back in the wall.

No one dared to go up to her again on that day and no one was trying to ask her out on a date as well and so the rest of the day passed by without another accident.

~*~

This was chapter 1, but don't worry! I'm already working on the second chapter ^-^

In the next chapter you will see what happens when ice (Seto) and fire (Makoto) have to work together in order to prepare the festival and make it a success. ^-^

I apologise for those who were already hoping for yaoi/shonen-ai scenes. I'm working on that! I also apologise to all Malik/Marik fans, for he, his Yami and his sister Isis will probably not appear in this story, for I don't have enough information about them yet. Right now the story of the manga in Austria isn't even to the point where Bakura makes his first real appearance. ;_;

But lucky me got a few subbed anime episodes. ^-^