Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ The Island ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Soon after one by one, every one started waking up.
“Blaghhh…” Tristan sorta yawned. “Where are we?”
“I'm not sure, I haven't seen land all night!” Yugi said.
“How's Serenity?” Tristan looked over at her. She was still out cold and was very pale. Her stomach was barely moving.
“Oh man…” Tristan said. “What are we gonna do? If we don't get her help soon…”
“Don't worry…” Yugi said looking at her practically lifeless body.
Suddenly a small speck of land was barely visible not too far away.
“HEY GUYS!” Yugi cheered as he pointed in the direction of the island.
Everybody looked out and sighed with some sort of “happiness” I suppose you could say.
“Finally.” Kaiba said. Ishizu put her hand on his shoulder and smiled at him. Kaiba didn't know what to say. “What am I going to do about Ishizu?? I could totally mess things up for Kaiba…or myself!!” He thought. He looked over to see Yugi. As if he was thinking the same thing.
The small boat finally reached the island. It was like most islands. Palm trees…blah blah blah. Everybody hopped out and looked around. Tristan hauled Serenity out and poor Duke was left with Mai. Mokuba ran to Kaiba's side. “Big Brother?” Kaiba looked down.
“Hmm?”
“Do you think this place is safe?”
“I'm not sure…” He looked around some more. “We'll just have to see.”
Yugi walked over to Kaiba's other side and smiled at him. “Let's check this place out.” Yugi insisted.
Everybody took off through the tress and gazed around. Nothing was weird until Mokuba piped up, “Hey…Do any one of you guys hear…music?”
Everyone stopped to listen. “I…hear something.” Duke said.
“Yeah…same here…huh…” Tristan replied. As they all kept moving forward the music was growing louder…and louder…”It's…right here, it's real loud now.” He said, speaking loudly. Louder, and louder…Yugi pushed through some bushes. Louder and-“WHAUGH” he was startled at what he saw. A huge parade of people was passing by, with funky costumes and stuff. “It's a…parade…” Yugi said.
“Here? Maybe it's not a small island. I wonder who inhabits it.” Tristan asked.
“You make it sound like they are savages…or something…” Duke blabbed.
“What do you mean?!” he was getting annoyed.
“Inhabit…” Duke smiled.
“Shaddup…” Tristan glared.
“Well everything seems ok, let's go.” Tea shoved through.
“Wh-“ Yugi stopped. “Whatever, she's right, let's go.”
Everyone stepped out from behind the bushes and walked past the parade. “0o0o0o0o0o0…Look at all the decorations and stuff!” exclaimed Mokuba.
“Yeah, it must be a celebration.” Duke said.
“I wonder what for?” Yugi asked.
“dunno.” Tristan shrugged.
They walked along the crowds of people. They all looked pretty normal. Their clothes were a bit exotic, but hey. They were getting weird looks though. People stared at Mai and others gasped at Serenity. Tristan kept stopping and asking for a hospital but nobody seemed to understand. “Doctor! Help, she needs help!” He pointed at her wounds. Still nobody understood. Frustrated, Tristan began heading towards the buildings in search of a hospital.
“Man, what are we gonna do? These people obviously don't speak English…” Duke said.
“I have no idea. I'm sure there's something…I hope.” Yugi answered.