Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Duelists ❯ Secret Meeting and Plan ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or the Three Musketeer

"Hey Yami, I know we're suppose to follow her, but what da heck is Tristan and Duke doing?"

In the dark streets where only moonlight shined were Serenity, Joey, and the Three Duelists walking. Just as Yami's plan, they followed her about twenty paces behind. However, the brunette and the Dice Duelist were walking beside her instead of follow behind. From one street to another, Duke and Tristan would either sweet talk to Serenity and glare at each other.

Yami shook his head, "Whatever it is, I don't want to know."

"Yeah, but-"

"Hey, we're here," Tristan shouted behind. The tri-colored and the blond caught up with the others as Serenity knocked three times at the door. The door opened ajar and the figure spoke.

"Is it time?"

"Yes Milord, it is." Serenity replied.

Hmm, dat guy sound familiar. Now where did I hear dat voice? Joey thought. As the door opened, Joey's jaw dropped as the Three Duelists gasped. Standing before them was a smaller version of Yami. Joey glanced back and forth between the two tri-colored boys.

"What? But how? But dat- Augh, I'm gettin' confuse!"

"Milord," the Three Duelists spoke as they kneeled before the shorter tri-colored. Serenity gave him a curtsey. Seeing everyone bowing, this leave the blond boy confused.

"Hey, what's going on?"

Duke threw a dirty look as he tugged Joey on his knees. He whispered, "You idiot! Don't you recognize the Duke of Buckingham when you see him?"

Joey jerked up, eyes widen. "Ya tellin' me he's da Duke of Buckingham?"

"Quiet!" Duke hissed as he covered Joey's mouth. The Duke shook his head, laughing before asked Serenity to take him to the Queen. Serenity nodded, giving him another curtsey and went in. The Duke ordered Joey and the Three Duelists to follow him in case someone tried to stop them. They nodded as they silently went in. Once they entered, Joey leaned closer to Yami and whispered.

"Hey Yami, didcha know somethin' about dis Duke?"

"No, what?"

"He looked exactly like you."

"Really?" Yami said as he tried to look at the prime minister of England. Then the tri-colored Duelist turned to Joey and said.

"Well, I see a slight resemblance, but no, we're not exactly alike."

"What? C'mon, he looks exactly like you, only shorter."

"Are you mocking the Duke of Buckingham?"

"No, I-"

"Oh, Yugi!" A voice cried.

The blond boy and the tri-colored boy turned their attention to the voice's owner. Standing in a small candlelit room was a young woman. She wore a royal blue gown with studs around her neck and on her brunette head was a crown. She clasped her hand to her mouth with fear swarming in her blue eyes.

"Oh why did you come, Milord? You know the Cardinal will trap you if you came. Are you trying to risk your life and my honor?"

Yugi took a step forward and bowed to Téa. "If I want to risk my life to see you, then yes, I have to."

"But that's madness! You know the Cardinal is out to get you and he's trying to gather proofs to leave me in ruin. Also I'm married to the King and even though I don't love him, I cannot disgrace him. So if you care for my safety and our love, then please leave. It's hard for me to bear that the Cardinal is gathering evidences to ruin me, but it will be even worse if I lose you to him."

Sadness had entered the Duke's eyes as he sighed in defeat. He said, "Very well then, if this madness of Cardinal had burden you, then I shall leave. But before I go, I need a token from you so that I have something to remember you by once this madness are over."

"Oh Yugi, here." The Queen pitied as she took off her studded necklace. As she gave it to Yugi, she placed her kiss upon the Duke's cheek, making him blush.

"Take my necklace as a token of my love, Milord."

"I will Téa, and once I return, I will not hide it any longer. Even if it means conquering France, I cannot hide my love for you."

Yugi took Téa's hand and kissed it before leaving the room with Serenity as Téa went the other direction. The blond boy and the Three Duelists followed the Duke through the dark corridor. Once they reached the exit, they saw a coach. Yugi went in and signal his driver to go. As the coach drove off, the blond boy questioned.

"Okay, where's da nearest restaurant? I haven't eaten anything since Bakura came into my room."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

Reading a book while drinking his wine, the Cardinal thought through his plan. It had been two weeks since he had a conversation with Kaiba. He placed his book down and picked up his letter from his desk. It was from Milady de Winter, replying that she had the two studs, but needed money to return. Pegasus figured it would take ten days for Milady to return to Paris. Ten days should be enough to ruin the Queen. Now to start my plan, he thought.

The Cardinal rose from his seat and went off to search for the King. Five minutes later, he reached the garden where he saw the King gazing at his flowers. He bowed, "Your Majesty."

Standing tall in his royal clothes, he looked at Pegasus through his amethyst eyes. Though he's the King of France, he somehow had a dark tan and platinum blond hair.

"What is it that you want, Cardinal?"

"Why nothing my sire, your command is my service. However, I have noticed that the Queen seems unhappy lately."

"Oh, really? Well then, I must talk to her at once." Marik was about to leave, but the Cardinal interrupted him.

"Your Majesty, although the Queen is your wife, I suggest we should perhaps have a ball to please her. She would be very grateful of your compassionate for her. Also I think it would be splendid if the Queen wear her twelve magnificent studs that you had given on her birthday."

The King rubbed his chin as he thought it over. He smiled and said, "A splendid idea, Cardinal Pegasus. I'll have my servants prepare the ball and inform Her Majesty about this ball immediately. But tell me, when shall we set it up and why is my Queen upset?"

"I think ten days from today would be fine, my sire. And as for the Queen, I believed she's upset from missing her family. After all, it had been ages since she saw her relatives."

"Very well then, I shall inform her to plan for the ball on the third of October."

"Thank you, Your Majesty and don't forget to tell her how much you wish to see her wearing her diamonds necklace."

"I will, now off with you. We have a ball to prepare."

"As you wish, Your Majesty." Pegasus said as he bowed and leave. Once he entered the palace, a smirk spread across his face. Excellent, my plan is working perfectly. Once she informed, she will be in distress for what she had done. Given the studded necklace to the Duke is her own befallen. And once the ball arrives, she will be in ruin. He thought as he gave out a sinister chuckle.

_______________________________________________________________ ________

Hmm, who would have thought that I would play the role of King? This is Marik Ishtar speaking to you. No, not that psychotic dark side of mine. Anyway, your 'authoress' of yours wants me to do the up-coming preview. Little Joey would find himself in a conversation where his ears shouldn't be listening. Now if you excuse me, I have world domination to conquer. (psychotic laugh)