Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Then They Do ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Then They Do

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, Seto Kaiba, or the song "Then They Do". I do however own Samantha, Jamie, Jenny, Jason, Aaron, and Kitty.

Me: Okay I should confess I don't really like country music. However that does not mean I do not make exceptions. This song is one of them. Anyway enjoy the fic.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

The workaholic CEO of Kaiba Corp. That was the side of Seto Kaiba that a lot of people knew about. However he had a different side to him. About a few years ago he and a woman named Samantha Lawrence got married. Now a few years later, they had two daughters, Jamie Katherine Kaiba and Jennifer "Jenny" Lucinda Kaiba. Currently, Jamie was 5 and Jenny was 2.

Right now Seto and his family were getting ready for a family trip however things were a bit hectic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

In the early rush of morning.

Trying to get the kids to the car.

One's hanging on my shirttail.

Another's locked up.

In her room.

And I'm yelling up the stairs.

Stop worrying `bout your hair.

You look fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

"Oh dear oh dear. We have to hurry! Everyone is already waiting for us in the limo!" shouted Samantha

Samantha scanned the room and found little Jenny clinging to her father's shirt. She grabbed the black-haired toddler and looked into Jenny's violet eyes.

"Jenny, please do not cling onto your father's shirt."

"But I want to tell him that Jamie's still in her room."

Seto heard and got very angry. He marched up the stairs and yelled.

"Jamie Katherine Kaiba!"

"I'm brushing my hair!"

"You're just fine! Now pack your things and get out of that room now! We have to leave!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Then they're fightin' in the backseat.

I'm playing referee.

Now someone's gotta go.

The moment that we leave.

And everybody's late.

I swear I can't wait.

Till they grow up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

"It's my plushie Jenny!"

"I want to see it!"

"No! You might get chocolate on it!"

Seto got irritated and yelled.

"Jamie let Jennifer have your toy! You can have it back when we reach the train station!"

Seto growled slightly and rubbed his temples.

`I can not wait till those two grow up.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Then they do.

And that's how it is.

It's just quiet in the morning.

Can't believe.

How much you miss.

All they do

And all they did.

You want the dreams.

They dreamed of.

To come true

Then they do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~


16 years later, Seto sat in his office, hating the silence.

Jamie was now 21. Also, due to the fact that she skipped a grade a while ago, Jamie graduated from college early.

Jenny was 17 and was going to be 18 on November 19th; she currently played harmonica.

It was summer time now, but without Jamie and Jenny, summer just wasn't the same for Seto. Jenny was too busy with her harmonica lessons and Jamie with busy with her boyfriend, Jason Moto.

Seto remembered that he was mad at first at Jamie's choice for a boyfriend. After a while Seto started to warm up to Jason and soon was okay with Jamie's relationship. Also, because of Jamie, Seto was able to patch things up with Yugi.

Seto missed how Jamie only listened to him, how she was a major daddy's girl. But those days were over.

Some of Jamie and Jenny's dreams were coming true now. Still, Seto wasn't sure whether if that was a good thing for them or a bad thing for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Now the youngest is starting college.

She'll be leaving in the fall.

And Jamie's boyfriend.

Called to ask if we could talk.

And I got the impression.

That's he's about to pop the question.

Any day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

From across the hall, Seto could hear his daughters talking.

"Hey Jamie, could you tell me a little bit about Domino University? I want to be prepared."

"Sure Jenny."

Then the phone rang and Seto answered.

"Kaiba."

"Um hi Mr. Kaiba. This is Jason. I…I was wondering if we… we could talk."

After hearing that last sentence. Seto assumed Jason was ready to ask the question to Jamie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

I look over their pictures

Sittin' in their frames.

I see them as babies.

I guess that will never change.

You pray all their lives.

That someday they will find happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

2 years later, Samantha, whose chestnut hair started to gray at the tips, found her husband, whose hair was also starting to gray at the tips, looking at the old photos in their room.

One photo was one that was taken on the day Jenny was born. Another photo showed Jamie's 8th birthday. Another photo showed Jenny before she left for college. Another one showed Jamie and Jason on their wedding day. Then the last picture was one of Samantha, Seto, Jamie, and Jenny at a festival. Jenny was sitting on Seto's shoulders while Jamie held his hand.

"Seto?"

Seto turned around and saw Samantha.

"Jamie has a surprise for you. She's on the phone right now. She'll tell you."

Samantha gave Seto the phone and left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Then they do.

And that's how it is.

It's just quiet in the morning.

Can't believe.

How much you miss.

All they do

And all they did.

You want the dreams.

They dreamed of.

To come true

Then they do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

"Hi daddy"

"Hi Jamie."

"Guess what? I just found this out about two weeks ago. Daddy… I'm pregnant. Isn't that great?!"

The news was pretty shocking to Seto but he was still happy for Jamie. However the happiness did not show in his tone or face.

"Yeah… that's great Jamie. Congratulations" Seto said with no emotion in his voice.

Jamie hung up and Seto stood there shocked. He looked at Jamie's wedding picture and a picture Jenny sent him a few weeks ago. It was time he accepted the truth.

Jamie, who used to ask Seto to tell her about one of his duels from the past, was going to be a mother. Jenny, who used to brag whenever she got a loose tooth, was a major in theater at college. They weren't little girls anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

No more Monday PTA's
No carpools
Or soccer games
Your work is done
Now you've got time
That's all your own
You've been waitin' for so long
For those days to come

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

13 years later, Seto watches as his 13-year-old grandson, Aaron, and his 7-year-old granddaughter, Katrina AKA Kitty, try to catch fireflies.

Aaron just had short red hair with green eyes. While Kitty had her mother's brown hair and blue eyes. Other then Kitty's blonde bangs, she looked like a 7-year-old version of her mother.

Soon whistling was heard and everyone saw Jennifer at the doorway.

"Dinner is served. I suggest you get in here now."

Then Jennifer went back inside with Aaron following.

Seto looked and saw Kitty still outside. She tugged on Seto's pants leg and gave him a smile that was missing a tooth.

"Look grandpa I caught a firefly!"

Kitty opened her hands and showed the firefly but soon it flew away.

"Aw did he have to leave?"

Seto kneeled down to Kitty and ruffled her hair.

"Yes Kitty, he had to go back to his family."

Kitty noticed the sad expression on Seto's face and then she hugged him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Then they do.

And that's how it is.

It's just quiet in the morning.

Can't believe.

How much you miss.

All they do

And all they did.

You want the dreams.

They dreamed of.

To come true

Then they do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

"Mommy told me that you've been sad lately because she's grown up. But don't worry grandpa; I'll always love you. Even when I'm all grown-up."

Seto smiled, it was almost like Jamie and Jenny were children again. But that wasn't the truth. The truth was much more better then the fantasy.

Seto picked up Kitty.

"Come on kiddo. Let's get back inside."

"Okay grandpa."

As Seto carried his granddaughter back to the mansion, he smiled at her. This time he was not going to say, "I can't wait till she grows up." or "She's a big girl now".

He'll just appreciate the amount of her childhood she has left before she does grow up.

Right before he entered the dining room, Seto kissed Kitty on the forehead.

`I will love Kitty even when she becomes an adult. But right now I'll just help her along the road ahead.'

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Me: Phew finally done. I think this has to be my longest song fic ever. Also sorry for tweaking some of the lyrics. Anyway I like how it turned out. Flames will be used to burn you. R/R and I'll see ya soon.