Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something About Honda ❯ Do you want Karma with that? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
~Do you want karma with that?~

The group had now burst into a run, Rebecca staying towards the back to help Prof. Hawkins. Yugi, Honda and Anzu were at the front, pounding the ground as they chased over to the alleyway. Otogi followed Honda, Anzu and Yugi into the passageway as the others waited. Stampeding past bins and cardboard boxes, each worried for everyone who had been found, they arrived where Seto was with a skidding halt.
"Why aren't the police here?" Asked Anzu, wondering why they hadn't seen anyone like them.
"Apparently, Victor has called them to escort him to the plaza for the meeting. None of the other members can come down to help us due to major buglaries and the like." Spat Kaiba, aimed more at Victor and the police than Anzu.
"Who's this Victor guy?" Asked Yugi, intrigued.
"I'm sure Otogi can explain."
"I sure can Kaiba. Victor is another of those big entrepeneurs of the duelling industry. Like Pegasus pioneered the card game, Kaiba created the virtual systems, I created dungeon dice monsters and Dartz owned Paradise, Victor owns a syndicate of duelists who are the 'Opus Dei' of the duelling world."

Author's Note: For those who decided not to read Da Vinci Code, Opus Dei are a society of devote Catholics who are being debated over by the Vatican etc. due to rumours of brain washing and 'corporal mortification.' Just thought I'd put a cameo in there...

Yugi and Anzu looked at each other with a worried expression. Honda was checking each limp form.
"They're decks are gone!"
"What did I tell Yugi down the phone?"
Honda glared at Seto for being so smug.
"And... oh my god!"
After looking at the bruised and cut forms of Jounouchi, Ryuzaki and Mokuba, he came to Bakura, seeing the holes in his school jumper where the needles of the fake sennen ring had pierced his chest.
Yugi and Anzu gasped in shock, Otogi held in the bile now building in his throat, and Seto merely shrugged it off, angry Honda wasn't particularly interested in Mokuba.
"Bakura needs to be taken to a hospital right away!" Roared Honda, holding the limp form in his arms. Before Seto could argue, Honda had run out of the alley to the group. Mai stood in front of him, looking at the bloody form of Bakura and the frightened Honda.
"Honda, wha-"
"No time. We need to take Bakura to the hospital."
Mai recoiled. She wanted to know how Jounouchi was before she did anything.
"I'll take him." Came a shaky voice from behind Honda.
Honda turned to see Prof. Hawkins opening the door to Otogi's car as Rebecca unhinged the caravan. Rebecca and Prof. Hawkins leapt into the front seats, while Honda careful placed Bakura across the back set of seats, and he perched in the last chair left. The azure cadillac roared into action, speeding down the main road to the east of the plaza.
Hurry back...
Mai looked at the others, and remembering Jounouchi, hurried down the alley Honda had come from.

Yugi, Anzu and Otogi saw Mai run down as fast as she could. Seto was already dialling the number for an ambulance, crouching beside Mokuba as she leapt over to see Jounouchi. She gingerly felt his cheek.
Ice cold...
She brushed a couple of blonde locks from over her ear and placed it to his chest.
His heart is still going...
She checked his pocket. That's where he always keeps his deck.
All she fished out was a cell phone. She checked his other pocket. Nothing. Then his shirt pocket. Still nothing. There was nowhere else he could be keeping his deck.
"Yeah, they took his deck..." Sighed Seto as Mai looked at him.
"They took all their decks..."
Mai turned to Yugi, who had just spoken.
"Then how are they going to play in the tournament?" She asked, now worried.
"I know my grandpa has some spare decks we could borrow..." Thought Yugi. Mai brightened up.
"Right then." Snapped Seto, picking up Mokuba and slinging him over his shoulder, and reluctantly picking up Ryuzaki and Jounouchi.
"They'll be coming back to the house. I have a group of matrons there who can care for the injuries. Plus, I need to make the announcement..."
The others watched as Seto stumbled away down the corner of the road, dropped Jounouchi's limp form, and dragged out his cell phone to call for a company car. It came in a matter of minutes, and they were off to Seto's mansion. Yugi, Anzu, Mai and Otogi walked over to the musketeers who were watching.
"Should we get going to the plaza now? It's about a half hour walk there..." Said Anzu, trying to break the ice. The others agreed and followed the gang down to the plaza, rather reluctantly.

Seto dragged the last body of Ryuzaki out of the car. Jounouchi and Mokuba were already down in the infirmary, and a final doctor carried the last form away. Kaiba ran into the building as soon as everyone had dispersed, and made his way to the video phone room.

Honda carried in the quivering form of Bakura. The pale boy was beginning to shudder and moan, and Honda was now trying to break into a run, but failing. Prof. Hawkins and Rebecca were in front of him, with a nurse before them, who beckoned the group into a spare room.
“Thanks.” Mumbled Honda.
They laid down Bakura's injured body on the hospital bed, and saw the doctors walk over. Rebecca whispered something to her grandfather, who nodded. Rebecca looked at Honda, grabbed his arm, and lead them out of the room into the corridor.
“Where are we going?”
“To Shizuka's room. Sugoroku is there watching over her.”
At the mention of Shizuka, Honda leapt at the chance. But still, that brooding feeling of Bakura's pain was still with him. Somehow, it hurt him, deep down.

Eventually, the two of them made their way down peppermint green corridor into a sterile white passageway. Seeing the first door on the left, Rebecca asked Honda to translate the names on the door before they went in.
“Hey there Honda.”
He couldn't help but blush as Shizuka waved at him, albeit weakly.
“Honda, what are you doing here? Why aren't you at the plaza?” Asked Sugoroku. Rebecca butted in with the story so far, and the aged man nodded sagely.
“So Bakura, Ryuzaki, Mokuba and Jounouchi have lost their decks to whoever did this to them?”
“That's right.” Answered Rebbeca. “Yugi said you may have some spare decks for them.”
“I may do. What precisely were their themes?” Asked Sugoroku, checking the bulks in his dungaree pocket.
“Well, you know Jounouchi ran beatdown with luck, Mokuba ran a rich deck, can't remember what, Ryuzaki ran dinosaur and reptile, and Bakura ran occult.”
Sugoroku nodded and picked out for deck boxes. Each one was golden in colour with the deck theme scribbled on top.
“I built Yugi's deck. You can trust my deck.” Grinned Sugoroku. Rebecca thanked him and scurried out to check on Bakura as Honda sat down next to Yugi's grandfather.
“So, how are you Shizuka?”
“Great! Kaiba came to see me this morning, and Mr. Mutou here, to give us invites to the grand prix.”
Honda wasn't really shocked. After everything that had happened today, he really couldn't be surprised by anything.
“That's cool Shizuka.”
“The hospital is going to be broadcasting the tournament in the rooms of invited duelists to show them what teams they'll be on.”
“TEAMS?” Gasped Honda, now shocked. He stood up, looking at Shizuka.
“Didn't you know? Everyone is being put in teams of 3 based on relationship and skill.”
Honda was still shocked. He was hoping more than anything he wasn't put on a team with Otogi or Yugi…
A nurse wondered in and waved at Shizuka.
“Visitors must leave now. Shizuka is having a test quickly before the plaza meeting is shown.”
Honda nodded. He assumed this would be happening everywhere, and as he wondered back with Sugoroku, he saw that Rebecca and Prof. Hawkins had also been ushered out. As the two grandparents caught up on old times, Honda looked down at Rebecca who was striding along with a brave look on her pale face.
I can't believe we dragged Rebecca into this…
He brushed the feeling away as they got into the car and drove off towards the plaza.

As the car set off, the others had arrived. Mai looked around nervously at the crowd, and ran over to Vivian to chat. She needed to get her mind off the night's events…
“We should go and mingle.” Said Varon, Amelda and Raphael agreeing as they scurried off into a crowd of rowdy drunk duelists. Otogi, Anzu and Yugi merely walked over to some familiar faces. One was a young woman with straight black hair and beautiful almond eyes, dressed in a long robe that was tied with elegant golden belts. Her hair was filled with little sets of beads that flowed like a cascade of colour among the onyx, a contrast of her pale clothing. Beside her was a young teenage boy, with sandy blonde hair that reached halfway down his back. He nervously played with his leather jacket which sat upon his pale lavender shirt, black trousers flowing down from his waist to his feet, where he wore plain sandals. In the corner, tending to the boy's motorbike, was a bald man in a blue lumberjack shirt and denim jeans, a strange series of hieroglyphs running down his left cheek. His only hair was a ponytail that seems to have been formed out of nowhere.
“Hi Isis.”
Anzu grinned as the two girls caught up on old times. Honda walked over to the motorbike and the person who was looking after it, Rishid. Yugi went over to the boy, Malik, and they greeted each other.
“How's life?”
“Difficult. Adapting from leaving the tomb and all…” Laughed Malik. Yugi was shocked by how good natured he was. But then again, the last few memories he had of him was roaring at him to die during a duel at Alcatraz, Seto's expensive tower of duelling built above the ruins of his father's military production works. He had caught a glimpse of Malik after they'd left the Memory World, but they hadn't really talked. The three of them had been getting on a ferry, and had little time to talk to Yugi at the time.

As everyone chatted about duelling, love lives and ancient Egyptian magic, they didn't notice the group of people in purple togas in the corner. Each one of them scanned the crowd with Victor's specially prepared binoculars, which used a similar technology to the breast measurers Haga and Ryuzaki had been using that afternoon. Each one of them was checking the deck lists of each person in the plaza, checking for anything worth stealing. They stopped abruptly as the main LCD screen on the large shopping centre by the fountain whirred into life, showing Seto Kaiba staring at the crowd. Everyone gasped and turned round to see it. Everyone except for people who qualified for Battle City that is, due to the fact they'd already seen it…

“Welcome, duelists of the world. This is the third Kaiba Corporation grand prix, the first two of which were won by Yugi Mutou, the Duelist King. In this tournament, each person has to collect seven key cards.”
At this, simulations of the card floated across the screen, each with the sennen items imprinted on them. Yugi clasped the pyramid around his neck. He had yet to use it, but this tournament may see it coming back to use all over again…
“When you win a card through the ante rule, which battle city fans will be aware of, they shall be placed in the key card you won, as it shall act as a card sleeve. Therefore, we have evidence that you both played by ante AND that you collected all seven. Other key cards can be gained by betting them on duels. Each of you will have two cards handed to you.”
Yugi saw the bodyguards come over to the group. Yugi was handed the puzzle and ring cards, Malik got handed the rod and eye cards, and Isis got handed the Tauk and ankh cards.
Kaiba was always one for irony…
“Now for the second bit of important information. You shall each be split up into teams of 3. Eight of these teams will go through to a tournament at blue eyes dome, where each team will be pitted against random other teams and even their own members. Once this happens, the eight people who make it past a Swiss round will progress on to the next challenge. I don't want to spoil too much of the fun…”
Everyone looked around nervously.
“The players who received golden invites will be sorted by me. Will people who received silver and bronze invites split into two separate groups here, where my brother will sort you out. The rest of you come in to the mall. I will sort you out in here.”
Malik, Rishid and Isis followed in the others who remembered each other from various Kaiba Tournaments. The people in togas followed after, grinning at their gold rimmed invites.
The main Domino Mall was a multiple tiered building made of glass and iron. It had a disturbing resemblance to Alcatraz for most of them, while for Yugi, he gulped as he remembered his duel atop the building with two of the GURU members that Malik had hired to kill them, in a tag team with Seto Kaiba. He heard two whispers and a moan and turned to see two of the people in togas. They stopped talking and marched in front of Yugi, who looked at them in an inquisitive manner, before forgetting about it and following everyone along to the dais where the host was waiting.

Another image of Seto Kaiba was there where the other one had switched off outside. Yugi saw Haga cower in a corner, and noticed Jounouchi, Bakura and Ryuzaki still hadn't recovered. Just then, the door burst open as a bodyguard lead Honda, Prof. Hawkins, Rebecca and Sugoroku into the building. Yugi's grandfather smiled at Yugi as the bodyguard left.
“You should all be happy to know all 36 of you received golden invites. This means that 12 teams will be made from all of you together. The listings have been shuffled up, and we shall now give the computer's decision to you.”
Another gigantic screen lowered from the ceiling behind them. Anzu nudged Yugi to turn round to see it. A calm female voice spoke to them.
“This is the `Team decision' program. Please be quiet as your team groups appear and I mention the names to go with the faces.”
Everyone stood around the screen, waiting to see who they would be paired with.
“Team one. Please step forward when I mention your name.”
The 30 duelists were now tense. Three cards flashed on screen, and then span round to reveal faces. The computer then mentioned the names.
“Yugi Mutou, Anzu Mazaki and Katsuya Jounouchi.”
Anzu and Yugi stepped forward. The computer then paused.
“According to my information. Jounouchi is absent.”
Yugi and Anzu nodded, not sure why, as the computer obviously couldn't see them.
“Please go back for the next team to come.”
The two of them stepped back to allow the next team to come forward.
“Team two.”
Everyone went silent again.
“Team two will consist of Hiroto Honda, Otogi Riuuji and Katsuya Shizuka.”
After the computer confirmed that Shizuka was still in hospital, they stepped back for the next team. Honda and Otogi glared at each other. Once again, they would be competing as a team with Shizuka. However, this time, Honda didn't feel up to fighting over Shizuka and averted his gaze.
“Team three. Team three will consist of Seto Kaiba, Mokuba Kaiba and Rebecca Hawkins.”
Rebecca beamed as she learnt she would be with Seto. The computer didn't bother to ask where the creators of the program were. It just whirred into creating another team of card images.
“Team four.”
The five duelists already named walked over to where the screen on the podium was. The other 25 duelists were all ready.
“To speed things up, the teams shall be mentioned straight off. Merely allocate yourself an area away from the rest of the waiting duelists to prepare team strategies for the tournament.”
Everyone nodded for no real reason again.
“Team four will consist of Siegfried and Leon Von Schrieder, along with Espa Roba.”
The two brothers giggled and shook hands. Espa and his brothers walked over and joined in the conversation, although the siblings were slightly hostile. The three of them (and Espa's many brothers) walked over to where Yugi and the others were.
“Team five. Ream five will consist of Mai Valentine (Author's Note: I hate her sub name) Isis Ishtar and Vivian Wong.”
Mai and Vivian clasped hands and started dancing. Isis walked over and Vivian instantly took to her tanned skin. Isis, although mature, suddenly got swept up in the feminine conversation, and each of them began discussing hair. Malik looked on. After all, she'd rarely been around other women. He smiled and turned back to Rishid. By the time he had stopped listening to the girls, Varon, Amelda and Raphael had been sorted into team six. They swaggered over to the others, while Vivian and Mai started looking at Isis's long black locks.
“Team seven consists of Ryuzaki, Haga and Ghoul.”
Haga looked around for who the computer mentioned, and saw a tall pasty man, dressed in a toga. Haga screamed as he hid inside the crowd of Yugi and the others. Anzu turned to see the strange looking man, with sunken in eyes and grizzly matted hair. She patted Yugi on the shoulder, who had just been chatting with Otogi.
“You…” Groaned Yugi.
“Remember me kid? You duelled me and my Exodia deck back in the first of these shindigs.”
Yugi turned from him as Ghoul walked back over to a corner to wait for the other people in robes to come over.
“Somehow, these people in robes don't particularly look friendly…” Groaned Anzu.
“Do you think these could be the people who hurt Bakura and the others?”
Yugi and Anzu turned to Honda.
“Maybe, they are mainly consisting of people we recognise from the GURU syndicate…”
Neon lights were shrouding the dark sky outside. Most of the crowd had been dispersed into teams, and each of them were trading, chatting and discussing their strategies. Yugi smiled, wishing he could still play the game in such a fun way…
Yugi noticed two more faces through the gang of purple toga wearing people. They were now talking to Ghoul, along with a tall, bald man.
“That's Victor!” Gasped Otogi.
“Don't jump to conclusions. He's just been put on those two people's team…”
Otogi glared at Anzu.
“Stop treating everyone as innocent people. He's probably been sorted there for a reason with…”
“Keith Howard and Mako Tsunami (Author's Note: I also hate his sub name)?”
Anzu gasped at what Yugi had just said.
“It can't be…”
Yugi nodded. He was wondering why Keith was always swept up in these mad conspiracies…
“Oh god no!” Roared a sonorous voice from across the hall. Rebecca gasped as they saw who another one in the purple togas was. He was cowering from Malik and Rishid.
Another team, huh?
“That's Umbra!” Roared Anzu, almost ready to smack him across the face. “He and that Lumis jerk were the people who trapped me and Jounouchi in the warehouse!”
“And duelled me and Kaiba atop this shopping centre.”
Yugi remembered that only he, Kaiba and Mokuba knew about that match. Jounouchi and Anzu, having been found out to be friends of Yugi, had been kidnapped by GURU members and possessed by Malik's sennen rod. Anzu was later found strapped to a chair with a crate hung above her head, while Jounouchi took the puzzle and tried to kill Yugi by dragging him into the ocean.
“Team ten. Team ten will consist of Pandora, Lumis and Catherine.”
Yugi turned at the names. Lumis looked despairingly at Umbra. Both of them were in purple togas, as was Pandora, who Yugi recognised for the harlequin face mask he wore. The woman's name rang a bell, but he couldn't remember where. Her hair was long and gold, her skin pasty white, her clothing silver stockings coming from her knee high white boots, a short white dress topping off the outfit. Pandora put his arm around her pinched in waist, pulling her close as they walked over to the bunch of others in purple cloaks. Yugi watched the girl intently who didn't seem to say or do anything.
Could it be?
He shrugged the feeling off and waited for the next team to be announced. Only six people were left.
“Team eleven. Team eleven will consist of Sugoroku Mutou, Arthur Hawkins and Mind Doll.”
The two elderly gentlemen clapped their hands together when they learnt they were on the same team. A pale, scraggly person in a purple toga walked over to them. He didn't speak. He merely looked at them with a bored expression, and shuffled over to the sinister group. Catherine and Victor stood out like sore thumbs among the group. Amelda and Raphael were watching as Varon flirted with Mai in the absence of Jounouchi. Yugi was chatting with the others, wondering whether or not this tournament would be as violent as the first Battle City or as skilled as the second grand prix. Anzu was looking nervously into the street, hoping Jounouchi would struggle in, like he'd done art Alcatraz, when after he had been assumed dead, had wandered up the tower to help Yugi. She dismissed this as a wild fantasy, remembering how bruised and battered he had been, and turned back to see the last three organised into a team.
“Team twelve. Team twelve will consist of Bonz, Panik and Ryou Bakura.”
A man that Yugi was shocked to have not noticed emerged from the shadows, dressed in a black over coat and white shirt and trousers beneath. His face was scarred and sinister, and creeping out from behind him was a boy with a similar face to Ghoul, but dressed in pale shorts and a crimson T-shirt, appeared behind him.
Poor Bakura…
The computer shut off, and the image on the chair reformed.
“When the klaxon plays, you may start. When you received your invite you will also have received the tournament rule book. I hope all of you understand what to do.”
No one replied, knowing it was rhetorical. Kaiba obviously just wanted elite players here.
“This system will now close. I have broadcast this message to everyone. I wish you the best of luck.”
He nodded, and switched off the camera link. Mai and Vivian walked over to the others.
“That guy has an ego larger than that image was…” Groaned Vivian. Anzu giggled.
“I was wondering… if this is supposed to be a huge tournament for money and fame then it would make sense for Peg-”
“Hey there, Yugi boy!”
Yugi leapt and turned around to see the flamboyant man that was Pegasus J. Crawford grin in a broad smile.
“I hope to see you doing well in this tournament?”
Yugi nodded, scared of the man that had tried to kill him through mental stress. He then remembered how friendly Pegasus had been towards him when they the billionaire had tried to slice him open at Paradise.
“Pegasus? Have you been paired up? You weren't with the other invites.”
“Oh yes, I got paired up BEFORE the rest of you. For security reasons, I'm sure you understand… Yes, I got paired with some new top ranking duelists. Pierre LeBlanc and some girl… Ushebti Papyrus, that's the one!” He said, clicking his fingers as the right name came to him. “Egyptian lass, very friendly, and almost as gorgeous as this fine Egyptian dame right here.”
Pegasus had now leapt over to the side of Isis, who was now trying to restrain herself from smacking him as he began squeezing her wrist. Before Malik could start stabbing someone who happened to be incredibly wealthy and chatting up an ex-madman's sister, Anzu changed topic.
“Pegasus, how come you're here? I thought you were dead through the pain of having your eye ripped out…”
“Didn't you see me at Industrial Illusions? That hologram was just before my duel with Mai! How could you possibly think I could die. It was merely an illusion to get you all to feel sorrow for me.”
He turned to see Mai and gave her an ice cold glare from his single eye. She gazed back at him, and they both eventually stopped.
They all jumped at the sound of a klaxon that bellowed out over the crowd. Some people were already getting ready to duel. Meanwhile, Yugi and the others made their way back to their homes. They couldn't duel after all that happened today…
Saying their farewells to the Ishtars, everyone left for their own separate homes.

The next morning, everyone awoke in differing places. Kaiba awoke in a soft, four poster bed, Jounouchi, Mokuba and Ryuzaki woke up in the Seto Kaiba Mansion Infirmary, Shizuka and Bakura woke up in the Domino Hospital, and everyone woke up in their beds, or hotel beds in some people's cases, ready for a grand tournament.

And of course, Yugi was never one to pass up the chance for duelling. In fact, he already was.

Everyone backed away from the small area that Stan Marshall, a trainee employee at the local McDonalds, and Yugi Mutou, duelist king, squared up for a duel. The young boy was now taller and hi voice was more sonorous. His wild bangs of golden hair wafted in the breeze of a warm day.
“As reigning champion, I'll go first.” Announced Yugi. He drew a sixth card and looked at his hand.
“I'll summon gazelle, the king of mythical beasts, in attack mode.”
In the middle of the floor, a sinister looking khaki mammal formed.
“Now I set 1 card and end.”
Stan drew and smiled.
“I summon Bean Soldier in attack mode.”
A small green bean appeared, and legs and arms popped out of it. A sword formed in one hand, a shield in the other.
“Now I equip it with vile germs.”
“Fitting.”
A swarm of small black parasites crawled over Bean Soldier, which absorbed them, growing in stature.
Attack: 1700
“Now bean soldier, destroy his gazelle!”
The bean soldier through his sword at the beast, who roared as it's body shattered into a pile of disease ridden pieces.
“I'll activate my face down, rope of life.”
Gazelle formed back on the field, now growing himself.
Attack: 2300
“How did the attack grow?” Gasped Stan.
“Due to the effect of rope of life, I must discard my hand to bring back a monster from my cemetery with 800 more attack points.”
“Humph. I end.”
Yugi drew a card.
“Now I'll use card of sanctity.”
Yugi picked up 6 cards, while Stan only picked up 2.
“Next, I'll use polymerisation.” Stated Yugi, holding up three cards.
“And I can summon chimera!”
Anzu, who was with Honda, looked at Yugi strangely.
“Why is he giving up gazelle for a lesser monster?”
Honda shrugged. Anzu noticed gazelle was still on the field while chimera formed.
“Thanks to my goddess with a third eye monster, I can summon chimera without gazelle, and just give up Bafomet as well.”
The crowd applauded the excellent move.
“Now, as chimera counts as a special summon, I'll bring out my Queen's Knight, in attack mode.”
Beside the two beasts, an elegant young lady in crimson armour appeared.
The crowd cheered as the duel progressed. Meanwhile, Shizuka and Otogi will sitting with the now refreshed Jounouchi.
“So now that Shizuka is healed, why exactly ARE you duelling here?” Asked Otogi, swirling a long, delicate finger in his coke.
“My dad still has heavy bills and fines due to his binge drinking and drug abuse. And let's not start with the prostitution I.O.U slips he has. Like when I entered Get a Million for him, this time, the tournament is for dad…”
Jounouchi's eyes were glazed as he looked at two of the bronze teams duelling. He pulled out his red eyes and looked at it. The symbol of the Kaiba Corporation tournaments, and his friendship with Yugi…

The crowd gasped, and Jounouchi snapped back into action. Looking at the field, he saw that everything was gone.
“Fiber jar?” He exclaimed, pulling his own from his deck. Stan obviously ran plants, and this was looking to be a big shift. Stan had now summoned a monster that Yugi had now just destroyed with a ring of destruction.
Yugi struggled back up after the assault from Stan's deck. His monsters were all gone thanks to Stan's Fiber Jar. Both of them were now at 2100 life points, and anyone could win. It was stan's move.
“I activate hamburger recipe!” Cooed Stan, waving the ritual card up high.
“By discarding Marshmallon and Fairy King Trusdale, I can summon my hungry burger in attack mode.”
The two creatures faded off the field after being sliced by a large butcher's knife, to reveal a gigantic hamburger, almost spilling the abundance of vegetables and burger that the two buns contained. It roared with a nauseating breath that smelt of rancid, greasy kitchens. Perfect for a McDonalds worker.
“Now my burger, kill him!”
The sandwich leapt at Yugi, and he collapsed back as the burger recoiled from a ferocious bite.
Yugi: 0100
“I set one card. Make your move, supposed king of games.”
Yugi drew his next card, and grinned.
“Stan, I promise you, this game is over.”
Yugi placed his sixth card on the field.
“I activate fissure to destroy your meat-filled fiend.”
The floor opened up, and a flame red hand groped at the burger, dragging it down into the bowels of the cemetery.
“You forget my face down card, last will!” Announced Stan. A strip of paper formed on the field, and from it emerged a crimson beast with a manic smile.
“When my hamburger was killed, I'm allowed to special summon mystic tomato to the field.”
Fine. Now, monster reborn on my chimera!”
A large, basic ankh formed on the field, and with a piercing roar, chimera formed back on the field, shaking dust from it's shaggy mane.
“Now I summon my skilled dark magician and attack your tomato.”
A man in a deep blue cloak swept across the field and shattered the tomato.
“I don't mind. 500 damage is little for when I use tomato's ability.”
A small insect formed on the field with a shield and a sword in it's hands.
“Welcome my cockroach knight to the field.”
“Oh no, what's that going to do!” Jeered Yugi.
“You'll see. Now last will's effect kicks in, allowing me to summon my bean soldier to the field.”
“Ok then, Chimera, attack his cockroach knight.”
Just as he declared the attack, the green bean emerged on his side of the field.
The large beast pounced upon the meagre insect, who tried to hold up the shield, only to fail and die.
“I'll discard kuriboh to not take any damage. It's merely a ball of dirt, and we're used to them in the workplace.”
Kuriboh flew from his hand and landed in the cemetery. Yugi ended.
“Now my cockroach knight returns. And thanks to last will, when cockroach and kuriboh went to the cemetery, I got two new monsters. So welcome two more cockroach knights.”
Scuttling from behind him, two more warriors formed on the field. Stan smirked.
“Cockroaches always appear in packs. Now my cockroach's effect kicks in, and it comes straight back to the field.”
The third cockroach returned with a sinister smile on it's face.
“Now I'll tribute my new bean soldier to summon another food based monster. Say hello to Pumpking, the king of ghosts!”
The bean faded away. Now three cockroaches and a pumpkin resided over the field. A gigantic bumpy shape of saffron with a sinister look threw tendrils wildly around the room.
“And thanks to last will I can summon my castle of dark illusions to the field.”
A veil of shadow swept over Stan's field as a grand citadel formed above his head. He laughed wildly, and then saw Yugi smile.
“What's so funny?”
“You. You decide to summon a field of food and disease monsters to try and defeat me? You've obviously forgotten the special ability of skilled dark magician.”
Stan gasped.
“I didn't know it had one.”
“Oh yes! Now say hello to my favourite monster, black magician!”
In a swirl of shadow that cloaked the young made, the robes faded into armour, and the man grew taller. He held a long stave in his hand and smiled a sinister smile.
“Now, my dark magician will shatter your pumpking!”
The orange shape roared as a blast of black magic swept it away.
“Now you have 1000 life points left and no big defences, especially after I activate my baptism of light and darkness on Black Magician, summoning my Black Magician of Chaos for an extra attack.
Black Magician burst open in a stream of energy, revealing a mage in far more revealing black and violet leather clothing. His skin was a pale with age and his hands thin as they grasped the now longer and azure wand in his hands.
“Now I'll activate poison of the old man, raising my life points to 1300, and then activate my spell!”
“You didn't set a spell!”
“Oh I did, you were just too blind to notice it. Or more correctly, my magician played a trick on you. When DmoC is summoned, I can play a spell from my hand or graveyard straight away. And I choose diffusion wave motion.”
“NO!” Exclaimed Stan, dropping his hand.
“Oh yes!” Now for 1000 of my life points, I can destroy every monster on your side of the field!”
The magician raised his wand, and with a blast of electric blue energy, the field was cleared.
“How did you do that?” Gasped Stan, looking at the corpses of his cockroach knights fade away.
The mage tapped his nose as he disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Yugi held an empty hand out, and with a twist of his fingers, Black Magician appeared in his hand.
“A true magician never reveals their secrets.”