Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Through Pharaoh's Eyes ❯ Problems in What SHOULD Have Been Paradise ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Through Pharaoh's Eyes

Chapter 2: Problems in What SHOULD Have Been Paradise

"Yamasis! Must I raise my voice to make you understand?! You pray to the proper god! We have more than one god for a reason, you know!"

That was my father. Pharaoh of all Egypt. I hated him. He was always criticizing me about something, it didn't really matter what. He wasn't happy until he found some way to torture me.

Oh, wait. You're probably wondering what he meant. Okay, here's the scoop. I was supposed to be praying to the water god. I can't even remember his name! Sobek maybe? Oh well, I really don't care. You see, I wasn't praying to Solek, or whatever his name was, I was praying to the Hebrew's god. After the whole 'Moses Affair' before I was born, I decided I didn't want to suffer if a guy like him came to Egypt again. Uh oh, hang on. Dad's getting impatient for an answer.

"Why pray to seperate gods for seperate things? And you remember what Moses did! I think his god is the right god! Plus, I'm tired of having to remember the hundreds of gods we have!"

I pointed out.

"I WILL NOT BE SPOKEN TO LIKE THAT!" roared my father.

"But Pharaoh, Yami meant no harm, and he has an excellent point!" said my mom, coming to my rescue.

My mom is the one with the blue eyes and blonde hair. No, not that one. That one has GREEN eyes and blonde hair. Sorry about the confusion, a man can have as many wives as he wants in Egypt. My dad has twenty-eight. No, wait, twenty-nine. He just got a new one last week.

Personally, I think you should pick ONE wife, and stay loyal to her.

"Yamasis may MEAN no harm, but he IS harmful! If anyone was to get wind that MY SON worshipped the Hebrew god, I'd be RUINED!" snapped Pharaoh.

All of his other wives glared at my mom. I hate it when they do that. Whenever I do something wrong, they glare at my mom, because I'm HER kid, right? And I OBVIOUSLY inherited this from HER.

Why are they so unfair? I love my mom! She always calls me Yami as a pet name. Though it's not really my name, I kind of like Yami. It sounds like a cute name, and I'm flattered she cares about me so much. She's a far cry from dad, and all the his other wives. I remember seeing one of my half-brothers get WHIPPED by his mom, and just because he twisted his tongue and said 'Amun' instead of 'Aten'. They're both sun-gods, so what's the difference?

"Yamasis! Listen to me!" my father ordered. "Leave to your chambers, and stay there until Amun-Ra raises his face in seven days!"

In case you don't know, Amun-Ra is yet another sun-god. The sun-gods, for future reference, are Atum, Aten, Amun, Ra, and Amun-Ra.... I think, I can never remember. My dad means I can't leave my room until dawn seven days from now. I really hate him.

I turned around and stomped off towards my room, on the bottom floor of the palace.