Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tomb-Scape ❯ Arrivals ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Equilla: welcome to my newest story. First a disclaimer
Mokuba: any characters from published movies, shows and books do not belong to Equilla unless she published them
Equilla: yep, now this one is against what I normally would go with, as it ain't historically correct, so say scientists anyway, but hey I had an idea and I went for it, watch out for cross overs in this and seeya on the otherside
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------
Tomb-Scape
Arrivals
Yugi hopped happily on one foot along the hopscotch layed out on the cement. From a short distance Yami watched ghostly. Yugi had been tyring to teach the game to Yami, but it seemed instead that he had found something which he could win.
Of course he had Yugi state various promises not to tell anyone, especially Marik and Ryou. He knew if they found out then so would their darker sides, then he would never hear the end of it. The others of their friends sat near by on chairs. Ryou was waiting for his go along the makeshift layout which they were using.
It wasn't really a proper hopscotch board drawn onto the ground, instead they were using the patterns already there. They were all waiting for their ride while the sun beat down on them. They had been invited to stay with Marik, Ishizu and Odion in Egypt while they looked for another room which Ishizu had found inscriptions about while in Yami's resting place. Yami glanced faintly around the group, there would still have been Joey and Tristian if they weren't failing on their grades, Serenity had stayed back in Japan because her brother was, as so had Tea because of work. He still wasn't sure how Ishizu had managed to push Seto into coming, but still there he was, typing away at his laptop.
Then a car pulled up and Marik's head appeared in a pulled down window, causing the two more innocent boys to stop their game.
“Hey, glad you could make it,” Marik commented then opening the door for them.
They slowly got in, surprised at the size of the car inside, while it had seemed small on the outside.
“Are you going to tell us more about this room, or are you going to make us wait?” Yami asked nervously taking over Yugi. He had been excited and nervous ever since he had heard about it, nearly driving Yugi crazy with his worry.
“Yeah, tell us about it, like is there going to be any treasure,” the tomb keeper asked forcing control of Ryou, and causing Yami to roll his eyes.
“I don't actually know that much about it,” Marik confessed shrugging, “Ishizu refuses to tell me anything.”
“You brought us half way around the world to tell us that,” Seto snapped still battering his computer's keys.
“Hey my sister wouldn't have invited you without a reason,” Marik retorted glaring at the CEO.
He was answered with a snort as he was then ignored.
“Where are we going?” Yugi asked regaining control and looking out the window watching the city turn to desert.
“We are heading directly for the digging area, it is in the Valley of the Kings,” Marik replied ignoring as the three darks materialised so their lights could see them, “we believe the room may be near a previous tomb from what the inscriptions talk about.”
“Whose tomb?” Ryou asked as Bakura and Malik made faces at Yami.
“The Pharaoh Tutankhamun,” Marik replied with a grin as he mentioned the now well known Pharaoh.
“Who?” Yami asked retaking control, wanting to voice his question.
“Tutankhamun, originally named Tutankhaten, he was a Pharaoh probably before your time, his and his father's names were wiped from history, which is why you probably didn't know about him,” Ryou explained from his own knowledge of Egypt from what his father had briefly taught him, and from what Bakura had found out from his profuse reading.
“Biggest gold find ever,” Bakura added seizing control with a smirk.
The conversation then moved onto what had been happening recently in their lives as the car moved on and stopped when they could go no further into the Valley.
Wandering out and towards where the expedition was taking place they soon found Ishizu, who was directing from under a tarp, where few shards which had been found had been placed.
“Any luck yet?” Marik asked as his sister met them half way.
“As of yet no,” she replied with a sigh, “but so you don't die of heat stroke and boredom why don't you have a look in the tomb.”
Yami looked nervously at the tomb as his astral projection. His distraction made him not notice the nervous look on the thief's face either, nor the excited look on Malik's.
Yugi and Ryou were to excited to notice either of the two, while Marik nodded and lead the way having visited the tomb before.
Seto preferred to stay in side as the small group went down into the tomb, Yami and Bakura astral taking up the rear as they slowly made their way down.
Glancing at the Pharaoh snidely commented, “What's wrong Yami, scared.”
“I am not scared,” he retorted, “I have just never gone into another's tomb before, why are you scared.”
“I am not scared,” Bakura replied with a growl.
“This tomb is supposed to be cursed Ryou piped up interrupting the two as Marik nodded and Yugi listened earnestly.
“I can't believe you are afraid of a curse,” Yami retorted with a half laugh.
“Don't act like you don't believe in them Pharaoh,” Bakura snapped back, “anyway I'm not scared, this is just one of the few tombs that has ever lived up to it's said curse.”
“Talking of the curse,” Marik commented as they reached the bottom of the stairs and pointed to an engraving at the top of the doorway.
“What does it say?” Yugi asked curiously to his dark.
“Death Shall Come on Swift Wings To Him Who Disturbs the Peace of the King…” Yami answered as the message trailed off which turned Yugi silent and slightly more pale, or was that just the light.
They then continued into the tomb in silence as they came to the burial chamber Yami recoiled slightly, “I thought they take the bodies out of the tombs.”
Malik looked from the body and back to the Pharaoh and sneered, “they decided to put this one back, what's wrong Yami, afraid it is going to come back alive.”
“What would inscriptions about a room be doing in Yami's tomb,” Ryou asked running his hand along some inscriptions on the wall, “and shouldn't you two know something about it as you've regained your memories?”
Both of the spirits shrugged to the question. While it made sense they didn't know, maybe it was added later after they had been trapped in the items.
To Yami's disgust Yugi stared down at the Pharaoh astonished and then looked amazed at the pictures of the golden mask, “He looks so young.”
“He was only nine when he became Pharaoh,” Marik answered, “which means Yami your not the youngest Pharaoh, though he died under mysterious circumstances when he was roughly 19.”
“Looks like he out reigned you as well,” Bakura commented smirking and with a laugh.
Yami shot a glare at Bakura before looking around the burial chamber again, “Hey where did Ryou go?”
“Huh?” Bakura replied stunted also not being able to find his light, “Ryou where are you.”
Not hearing any answer he retreated to the ring to find him that way. The others waited patiently for the two to reappear most likely from one of the few other rooms but no entrance came. Guessing that Ryou had left they were about to go out to find them, but they were stopped as they went back along the passage to the staircase and they heard a thumping noise coming from one of the walls.
A window of chance shimmered many years away, someone had opened the door bringing in the light. Reaching out he could feel it in his fingers, it was silken to the touch, but as he watched the glimmer died away and he could no longer feel the silk of the dress, of the scent of the lotus flowers. He had lost his chance, and could only hope that it would come again.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
Mokuba; that was plain cryptic
Equilla: oy no bad puns, sorry to leave it on the cliff hanger
Mokuba; no your not
Equilla: your right I'm not.