Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tomb-Scape ❯ running ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“He went back to the hotel,” Marik reassured the worried Yugi for the fifth time, “He isn't going to disappear on you. Not that it would be a bad thing really.”
Yugi gave a soft glare to Marik for his ending comment, “Don't say things like that!”
“Yes you should not say such things, it is bad,” Khalid nodded in agreement pausing as if to remember the right word, “karma.”
Marik rolled his eyes, he wasn't minding the company of the fellow Egyptian, but the fact that he kept siding on the same side as Yugi had become rather irritating.
“Can we go back to looking for Ryou now?” Yugi pleaded to the blond.
Sighing Marik nodded, “There should be a bus leaving in about 15 minutes.”
“I best be going myself,” Khalid replied giving a slight bow to the two, “it has been a pleasure meeting the two of you, and I hope to see you again before you leave.”
Marik and Yugi nodded in reply as they watched their new friend walk off with a final wave.
 
Suddenly they found themselves not as alone as they were before at the small bus stop.
Yami was panting heavily, while Malik was looking partially dishevelled.
“What happened to the two of you?” Marik asked looking to Yugi, to not attract attention.
“Realm, not, shadow, normal,” Yami replied trying to catch his breath between the muddled up words.
The two lights looked at the Pharaoh confused by his words, now knowing less then they had before.
“We looked for Bakura in the shadow realm,” Malik commented cleaning up the murdered sentence, “we couldn't find him but there was a unusual strange fog there.”
“So why is Yami so exhausted?” Marik asked watching the recovering male.
“Because the idiot decided to poke it and spent the next hour running in circles trying to get the stuff off his hand,” Malik replied.
 
After much jeering towards Yami, the four finally arrived back at the work sight.
“Would you give a rest already, I panicked ok, just let it go already,” Yami growled to the happy and content Malik.
Yugi got back off the bus shaking his head noticing there was a large amount of people waiting for the bus. Gaining a sudden rise in hopes for his lost friend, he weaved his way through the crowds leaving his taller friends behind, in his search for Ishizu. Reaching the bronzed female he looked up at her with his hopeful large eyes.
“Did you find him?” Yugi asked a smile of hope on his lips.
Ishizu sighed sadly, not wanting to break hi heart, “I'm sorry Yugi, we haven't. Some people are going to stay and continue the search overnight. But it is getting late and most of us are tired and need sleep.”
Yugi nodded sadly looking down, realising he shouldn't have raised his hopes so quickly.
“Come on,” Ishizu commented lifting his chin and offering him a comforting smile, which she had to use on her brother more then once, “I'm sure we will have better luck tomorrow.”
Yugi nodded smiling again doing his best to regain his confidence in the search.
 
Marik followed by the ghostly Yami and Malik, who unlike him weren't having any trouble getting through the masses, as they just walked straight through them, finally was able to reach Ishizu and Yugi.
“Could you two stop doing that,” Marik muttered under his breath to the two, “it's disturbing.”
Malik gave a snort of amusement and Yami rolled his eyes moving next to his light.
“Hey Marik, we are going to head back and resume the search tomorrow,” Yugi chirped.
Marik stuttered breathless, “but I just managed to get here, and you want me to go back!”
Yugi apologised and Ishizu smiled giving her younger brother a light pat on the head who was still fuming slightly to the amusement of his dark.
 
After the ride back as they headed up to their rooms, Marik deciding to stay with Yugi, to help subdue the feeling of Ryou's disappearance by leaving Yugi in an empty room.
“How about I take you to the museum tomorrow?” Marik suggested, “I'm sure that we would only get in the way at the dig. Also we might be able to find something that points to where they could have gone. The rest of the Tutankhamun exhibit is there.”
Yugi nodded tired, “sounds good.”
Marik watched with the others as Yugi snuggled into bed, falling slowly asleep, “Maybe you guys should go check up on the shadow realm while we are sleeping.”
The two darks nodded solemnly as the Egyptian boy got into bed before he added, “and don't freak out this time.”
Yami scowled and Malik laughed quietly as they both disappeared into the shadow realm.
 
 
The sun shone in the window trickling down onto marik's face, tickling his eyelids making his squint. He blinked his soft lavender eyes open shaded them from the sun with his golden arm. Sitting up slowly, he rubbed his eyes, pulling the thin blanket off his pjamaed legs, swinging them around, till his smooth feet touched the plush carpet of the hotel room. Stumbling he finally managed to find his way to the tap. He place the crystal like glass under the tap and turned one of the tapes with his well kept hand. Soon he was blinking confused as the freezing cold water dripped down his face, hair and clothes. Looking down confused he sweat-dropped as he realised he placed the cup upside down, causing the water to spray back up at him.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bakura finally stopped his slowing run. He probably would have continued running if he wasn't out of breath. Something back there had tried to eat him, it wasn't like anything he had ever seen before. But yet it had a nagging familiarity to it, something that he should remember, but just instilled a sense of fear instead of memory. He could hear the dragging of scales against the stone floor somewhere in the corridors behind him. This encouraged him to urge forward as silently as he could.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Malik burst out laughing at his light's expression, while Yami tried to resist laughing himself.
Yugi came out of the bathroom looking concerned at his friend, “Are you ok Marik?”
Marik nodded in reply glaring at the other two causing Yami to cough and look out the window with a fake serious look plastered on his face. Malik on the other hand didn't have any care in covering his laughter, and the glare only caused him to laugh more.
“Come on Marik, you said we would go to the museum today to look for clues,” Yugi commented, filling the glass and handing it to Marik.
Marik thanked Yugi taking the glass, “I know, and we shall, but it doesn't even open until 10, so we have time.”
“It's already nine thirty, we slept in,” Yugi replied stepping out of the way as Marik made his way to the bathroom.
 
“Alright, we'll get going as soon as I'm finished getting ready,” Marik answered after brushing his teeth.
He headed back across to the pile of clothes he had moved into the room for the day and took them back into the bathroom, closing the door, “Malik, Yami, how did your monitoring of the shadow realm go?”
“When did you two monitor the shadow realm?” Yugi asked turning to the two darks as Malik rolled his eyes.
“Marik asked us to last night,” Yami explained before continuing, “The cloud doesn't seem to have grown. When we hit it with blasts it did seem to retreat slightly, leaving behind what looked like sand. Also the rod appears to not be able to control it, no matter how much Malik tries.”
The Pharaoh jeered at the ghostly tomb keeper, who scowled in reply.
“Well at least we know we can get rid of it,” Marik commented coming out and pulling down his white mid drift top, “but best not attack it incase it is connected to Bakura and Ryou.”
Yugi nodded in agreement as Marik slipped the rod into his belt buckle, “Lets get going then.”
 
Yugi wandered slowly down past the rooms glancing towards Marik, and wondering where he was leading him. Yami looked longingly at all the artefacts from his own time and that before it.
“Why can't we stop and look, it won't take too long,” the Pharaoh whined trying to reach out and touch one statue, but being restrained by his light.
“We are looking here to find clues,” Marik reminded him, “so we are only going to look at relevant areas.”
“But,” Yami stammered uselessly as they reached the room at the end of the corridor and entered.
“What is this?” Yugi asked looking around confused by the more aged people in the sketching in the room they had entered.
“It's the Akhenaten exhibit,” Marik replied, “he is a Pharaoh before Yami, but still in the New Kingdom time period.”
Yami shook his head not recognising the name or any of the pieces, “whoever he was, he should have fired his artists, this stuff is awful.”
“Talk about having a long face,” Malik laughed before pulling an imitation of the previous Pharaoh in question.
 
During the small teasing session on the dead king Yugi's eyes locked on familiar figure, and he found his way over to the young male quickly.
“Khalid hey,” Yugi greeted tapping the Egyptian teen on the shoulder, “didn't expect to see you here.”
“Ow hi Yugi,” Khalid reply turning to the young Japanese, giving him a smile before returning his gaze to the inscribings infront of him, “I like coming here, it feels like the past is in these rooms.”
Yugi glanced also at the odd inscribings, “I wish I knew what this said.”
As Yami looked at them over Yugi's shoulder to answer before his face turned red in an attempt not to burst out laughing.
“It's a love poem,” Khalid answered “written by Akhenaten, to his main wife.”
Yugi nodded a little startled, “Em so this was found often?”
“Nah Akhenaten was a whack job Pharaoh,” Marik commented with a snide smirk, “he changed the religion to a minor deity, not allowing any others, and moved the capital. Not to mention changing the art.”
“Many people believe he changed the religion to take the immense power away from the priests of Amun that they had gained,” Khalid replied with a slight edge to his voice, “but he did seem to be more of an artist then a soldier, which wasn't good for the country.”

Marik took a step away from their new friend, thinking that he might have insulted him some how.
“We are going to head up to the Tutankhmun exhibit on the upper level,” he commented quickly changing subject, “want to come up with us?”
After a moment of thought Khalid nodded in reply, giving the statue of the oddly defined Pharaoh a last glance and turning to face the others and the exit.
Arriving in the said exhibit Yugi gasped in awe gazing at the mask in the centre case of the room.
“Wow, that must have been heavy to wear, though how would he have seen,” Yugi asked without reading the information plate, causing the other to laugh at his confusion.
 
“It is a death mask,” Khalid answered him with a kind smile, “it was put over the head of the mummy.”
“Good thing that Bakura didn't see this,” Marik whispered with a smirk to Yami who nodded in agreement.
Yugi nodded now understanding, walking around the case gazing at the mask from it's many sides. Marik went over to some of the engraved burial objects in hopes of clues of where their missing friends could have disappeared to. Yami and Malik were studying the fragments of the surviving book of the dead looking for anything that was different then normal.
 
After surveying all the different items associated with anything that could give a clue the group decided to head out as it was nearly 1 and they were to meet Ishizu for lunch.
Yugi found Khalid gazing slightly spaced at Tutankhamun's golden throne and tapped him lightly on the shoulder so he didn't scare him.
“Um Khalid, I'm just saying bye,” Yugi commented as the male looked at him with doe brown eyes, seeming slightly out it, “we are heading back to the dig for lunch.”
Khalid nodded looking back at the throne, “ok, I hope to see you again before you go.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bakura dipped back down into the small hole he had found as the footsteps drew near. He pushed his back against the rough stone, cringing as the feet brushed up sand in his face as they passed.
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
Mokuba: ow yay more crypticness
Equilla: no they are clues, anyway hope to see you guys soon next time.