Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Let the Tournament begin ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 The Next Morning, 8:30 am
 
All the duelists were gathered at the front of the boat and gazing out at the island up on the horizon.
 
“That must be it.” I said, “The island where the tournament will be held.”
 
“And where they're keeping our daughter.” added Sabrina.
 
As the island got closer, everyone got a good glimpse of all the many hotels and restaurants placed around the island.
 
Even the very center of the island that had a huge castle up at the top of a big mountain.
 
Obviously it meant that we'd all be staying around for some time now, but that still didn't explain what we needed to know about the tournament.
 
Finally, we docked, and as soon as the ramp was lowered the tournament liaisons came out and welcomed all duelists to the island by handing us out keycards, and Food-passes.
 
“Please make your way to the center of the island towards the Castle-mountain, where the rules of the tournament will be explained.”
 
We all headed down from the boat and made our way to the mountain with the many other duelists.
 
“I don't think I've ever been so excited and scared at the same time before.” Alex said. “Everything's on the line at this tournament and we still don't know all the rules.”
 
“Easy, Alex.” said Sam, “We all have something riding on this tournament, but we can't let it get to us.”
 
“Alex does have a point though, Sam.” I said. “There's still so much we have to know about the tournament rules.”
 
“One thing I'd like to know is what these key fragments are for.” Clover said. “And how come we each got a different piece of one?”
 
“I think we're about to find out.” Sabrina said. “Look!” she pointed up above the castle where a huge zeppelin was hovering overhead and the large video screens on it's four sides showed us the images of two strange characters.
 
“I take it, that's them.” said Alex.
 
Sabrina and I nodded. It was Ishizu and Marik Ishtar… Reluctantly, the pictures only showed us their faces, but did not show us what was around Ishizu's neck, or what was in Marik's hand.
 
The two siblings took turns in speaking…
 
“Greeting's Duelists… I am Ishizu Ishtar, and this is my brother Marik.”
 
“We are delighted to welcome you all to our humble home where the grand duel-monsters tournament will commence.”
 
“First we shall explain the rules of our little tournament, and the first line of order is those key fragments you received in your invitation.”
 
“At the top of the mountain there is a big locked door that will grant you access to our castle, that's what those key fragments are for, but just the one little piece you currently have will not be enough.”
 
“Each duelist has a different fragment for the one you have, and you must wager these fragments on your duels where as the loser turns over their fragment to you.”
 
“But we warned… some of our hired Rare-Hunters will also be in this tournament for the sole purpose of eliminating you, so be careful should you meet up with them.”
 
“Finally, it will take a total of FOUR fragments to complete a fully assembled key, and only then will you be able to enter our castle and take a spot in the finals where you are eligible to win the 15-million dollar cash prize.”
 
“Only one of you shall win the grand prize, and only one of you shall be worthy of the title… The World's Greatest Duelist.”
 
“And that's going to be me.” Mandy muttered under her breath.
 
“Now of course there is more at stake to your losing a duel. For not only are you demanded to hand over a key fragment, you must also fork over your rarest card to the victor.”
 
This worried some of the other duelists, but the rest of them with their greedy little reasons decided losing their cards was nothing if they had a chance at millions of dollars in cash.
 
In my eyes… they were as bad as Mandy was.
 
Ishizu and Marik continued speaking…
 
“There is only one acceptation other than cheating at duels that we will not tolerate.”
 
“Dueling hours are set on a curfew time… between Eight in the morning to Eight at night.”
 
“Unless you were met by specific needs, duels are not permitted to occur at night, and our electronic devices will jam your duel-disks to enforce it.”
 
“The finals of the tournament will begin after the first eight duelists who can make it to our castle, so you might want to keep an eye on time.”
 
“Finally, since it seems you will be staying with us for some time, we have generously prepared methods of hospitality for you all.”
 
“If you haven't already noticed… there are hotels and cabins located all over the island. All expenses paid, and for your every needs. You've all been randomly given a specific room for each hotel with those keycards given to you.”
 
“And then the Food-passes grant you all expenses paid at all our restaurants and burger stands thought the island as well. After all, a good duelist needs a full stomach to think strongly.”
 
“And now… that you now know all there is to know… prepare your decks and check into your hotels because in two hours time the sky will light up with fireworks, and when that happens…”
 
They both said the final sentence together… “THE TOURNAMENT SHALL BEGIN!!”
 
The duelists cheered and cheered as the ran off to check into their hotels, and wasn't it quite convenient that not only were Sabrina and I given a room to share, especially when we hadn't even told anyone that we were married…
 
But Clover, Sam and Alex also got separate rooms on the same hallway, on the same floor, of the same hotel.
 
Sabrina and I were sorting through our decks and preparing them to the fullest, but I noticed Sabrina was almost quivering in fear.
 
“Sabrina… you alright?” I asked.
 
Sabrina shook her head, “I was just thinking about Erica.” she said softly. “I'm really worried about her. She's got to be up there in that castle, all alone, and unprotected by her parents.”
 
Well Sabrina did have a point, If Erica was here on the island. She had to be in that castle, but there wouldn't be any way for us to get up there with all the guards around.
 
We were just going to have to keep dueling until we had our keys fully assembled to get in, but it was going to take a while, and we did want to keep our eyes everyone, so we all decided to stick together.
 
“Sabrina… look at me.” I said as I lifted up her chin. “I know Erica's going be just fine. Ishizu and Marik may have her now, but I know they won't let anything happen to her. We'll get her back… I promise.”
 
Sabrina smiled and she gently wrapped her arm around my neck and pulled me into a soft kiss. “You're very brave Mykan…” she said when we separated. “And no matter what, I will always love you.”
 
“And I you my love.” I replied.
 
Suddenly, the fireworks begin to fill the skies and the tournament was under way.
 
Sabrina and I looked down from the window at all the duels that already had begun, and we put on our duel-disks and shuffled our decks.
 
“It's time!”
 
Sam and Alex were already waiting outside the door for Sabrina and I as we came out. “Hey… where's Clover?” I asked.
 
“She stormed out of here like lightning and headed down to the main land.” Sam said.
 
“She said she's going to find that Rare-Hunter who took her Red Spy-Girl and tear him a new deck.” added Alex.
 
“Well come on… let's get going before she really gets in trouble!” cried Sabrina and we all dashed for the elevators.
 
Meanwhile, down below
 
Clover was stomping her way through the crowds, and boy did she look ever steamed. “Where are you?!” she growled under her breath. “I'll find you, get back my card, and then jam your deck down your throat!”
 
She passed several people dueling and then there he was… sitting near a coffee shop sipping his coffee, and looking on his laptop.
 
He was looking at all the duelists who participated in the tournament and all the rarest cards they had.
 
“Ah… its magnificent.” He sniggered under his breath. “Some many different preys, so little time… who shall I hunt first?”
 
“Hey freak-show!” called a voice.
 
The man looked up, and recognized Clover anywhere, even in her new outfit. “You again?” He huffed. “Didn't you learn your lesson last time? You're an even bigger fool than I gave you credit for.”
 
“Can it bud!” snapped Clover. “Let's get something straight here. You got my Red -Spy Girl, and I want it back… SO, IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!”
 
Clover's anger really seemed to gather some attention as all the non-dueling players turned towards her, but the man just folded his laptop up. “I already relieved you of your rarest card, so my hunt for your deck is over, and my prey has already been captured!”
 
“I don't care if you took two of my best cards… I'm not leaving here until I get my card back!” protested Clover.
 
“Clover.”
 
Clover turned around and saw us coming up to her through the crowd. “What are you shouting for?” asked Sabrina.
 
The man's eyes narrowed. “It's Mykan.” He thought to himself. “Not only are he and his wife the two players my masters seek… but Mykan also possesses a special set of cards I desire.”
 
Sam and Alex saw why right at the start. “That's him.” snapped Alex. “That's the same Rare-Hunter who took Clover's Red Spy-Girl!” added Sam.
 
“You better believe it.” Said Clover, “And this guy owes me a rematch so I can win it back.”
 
The man stepped away from his table and threw off his cloak. “I already told you… you have nothing I desire.” He said. “But perhaps your friends, Mykan there, would be interested in being my next victim.”
 
We all looked confused.
 
“Perhaps it would be an honor for me to take out the top ranked duelist in the world and snare his Exodia set from him.” Replied the man. “So I challenge you Mykan to a duel!”
 
“Look, this is between you and me!” growled Clover.
 
“No, Clover…” I said as I stepped forward. “Rare-Hunter… I accept your challenge, and if I win, you are to give Clover back her Red Spy-Girl!”
 
The man laughed wickedly with a gruesome smirk on his face. “Very well then, but don't forget… if you lose this duel… your Exodia cards are mine.”
 
I knew I'd have to risk the Exodia cards my father left to me eventually, and as it was the only way to win back Clover's Spy-Girl. “I agree… now let's get on with this duel.” I said.
 
“Uh… Mykan… there's something you should know.” cried Alex.
 
But before she, Sam, or Clover could say another word. “Ah-ah-ah! Don't any of you girls even think about revealing my strategy.” Snapped the man. “If either of you say a single word of how I defeated Clover… I'll tear her Red Spy-Girl Card to pieces.”
 
“So… I'd keep my mouth shut and let me concentrate on taking this fool's Exodia set, without your interference.”
 
“And that's not all… Mykan… Your Millennium Necklace may allow you to look into the past, present, and future, so you'll be able to read my strategy… but that little stunt of yours will not work this time.”
 
He was right too…
 
Ever since Erica disappeared, I had been trying for days to look into the future, but something was jamming the Necklace's power, and therefore it was completely useless.
 
But it didn't matter to me much in this situation hat it still didn't work, because even it had… “I duel with honor and respect, and I only use the Necklace for emergency uses. You don't to worry about me using it, because I won't!!”
 
The man sniggered.
 
“Good luck Mykan.” cried Sabrina.
 
“Yeah… you'll need it.” thought Clover.
 
The Rare Hunter and I prepared our disks… launched the projectors… Shuffled our… Life-points set to 8000, and our decks and drew our first six cards.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!” we both shouted.
 
Meanwhile
 
Ishizu and Marik were watching the action from their secret hideout though the magic of their Millennium items… which reluctantly they were using to jam my Necklace's powers.
 
Ishizu was holding little Erica in her arms and rocking her gently. “How convenient that Mykan would be facing off in the first duel of the tournament.” she said.
 
Marik saw that he whole gang was there, including Sabrina. “It won't matter whether or not they make it through the tournament.” He sniggered. “In the end… we will have everything we ever wanted.”
 
Erica began to cry.
 
“Ishizu… that child is starting to drive my patients with all that noise.” Marik grumbled.
 
Ishizu could already tell what was wrong. Her Ring told her that the little baby need the comfort of both her parents, but that wasn't all… there was one thing Ishizu knew of that she couldn't provide.
 
Erica wasn't even half a month old, and she needed nutrients, and protein… but only the kind that came in breast-feeding.
 
And since Ishizu was not biologically Erica's real mother, she couldn't do it herself, but she already had a plan.
 
She and Marik knew so much about Sabrina, inside and out. They knew how her body functioned and therefore didn't make it too easy to modify and crate a baby-formula with the nutrients the baby would need.
 
“Eat softly my child.” Ishizu said softly as she fed the baby. “Soon your father and I will be together, and you can have anything in the word you wish.”
 
Marik also couldn't wait to get together with Sabrina, “And speaking… let's see how her soon to be Ex-husband fares in this duel. Heh, heh, heh!”