Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Sam VS Smart stuff: Part Two ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
 
SCORE: (Sam: 6200 / R.C: 8200)
 
R.C: “Go ahead Sam, its your turn, but realize it's only a matter of time before I take your two key fragments straight to the finals.”
 
Sam's thoughts: “I'll have to admit, R.C really is living up to her tales. So far I've lost a whole lot of life points while she hasn't only not lost any at all, but she just keeps gaining them.”
 
“Well that's going to have to change right here and now.”
 
(Draws)
 
Sam:“First I'll start by playing a Field-card…. UMI! This increases the attack and defense of all Fish, Sea Serpent, Thunder, and Aqua-Type monsters by 200 points.”
 
7 Colored Fish… (Atk: 2000 / Def: 1000)
 
“And it also lowers the attack and defense of all Pyro, and Machine monsters by 200.”
 
Solar Flare Dragon… (Atk: 1300 / Def: 800)
 
Fire Princess… (Atk: 1100 / Def: 1300)
 
“And now… I'll summon my MERMAID KNIGHT, in attack mode.”
 
Originally… (Atk: 1500 / Def: 700)
 
With bonus… (Atk: 1700 / Def: 900)
 
R.C: “Remember… by summoning a monster to the field, you increased by life points which decreases your own.”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 5700 / R.C: 8700)
 
Sam: “Yes… I do know that, but it's a small prince to pay for what I'm going to do next.”
 
“I activate my face-down card REMOVE-TRAP… and it's looks like I was right about you trying to set me up again.”
 
(Face-down Trap-card destroyed.)
 
R.C: “My trap-card.”
 
Sam: “Is gone… which means you can't try and pull any stunts on me this time, and did I mention that my Mermaid Knight is allowed to attack twice in one turn while my field-card is in play.”
 
R.C: “Ah?! Mmm!”
 
Sam: “Mermaid… destroy her Mysterious Puppeteer, and her Fire Princess. Attack Now!!”
 
(Atk: 1700) VS (Def: 1500) (Def: 1300)
 
R.C: “That overgrown sardine just wiped them both out.”
 
Sam: “Totally. And now I'll have my 7 Colored Fish take out your Dragon… Attack!”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Atk: 1300)
 
SCORE: (Sam: 5700 / R.C: 7500)
 
Sam: “Okay, R.C. I think we've now got a game.”
 
R.C: “A game you say? We're far from it Sam.”
 
(Draws)
 
“First… POT OF GREED, so I can draw two more cards, and Now I'll place one card Face-down Face down in defense mode, and I'll also play this Trap Card… JUST DESSERTS!
 
Sam: “No!! That means I lose 500 life points for every monster I have in play.”
 
R.C: “That's not all Sam, remember my Dark Room of nightmare is still in play, so you'll lose 300 more life points this turn.”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 4400 / R.C: 7500)
 
“I'll end my turn by placing one monster face-down in defense mode.”
 
Sam's thoughts: “She just used up all the cards in her hand. She must be up to something. Big.”
 
“With her monster face down I can't tell how powerful it is, and even if I did know that she's probably just waiting to activate that face-down card of hers. I don't know if I can do this.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Or maybe I can after all.”
 
Sam: “Now I'll sacrifice both of my two monsters, so I can summon one of my rarest cards… GREENSPY-GIRL.”
 
(Atk: 2300 / Def: 2000)
 
“And now I'll activate her special ability… by paying one-quarter of my life points, I can destroy every magic and trap card you have on the field.”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 1100 / R.C: 7500)
 
R.C's thoughts: “That's right Sam… right into the trap.”
 
Sam: “And now I'll play STOP DEFENSE… and switch your face-down monster into attack mode. Let's see what it is.”
 
(Flips up… MORPHING JAR)
 
(Atk: 700 / Def: 600)
 
Sam: “A Morphing Jar!”
 
R.C: “That's right, and when it's flipped up, both of us must discard every card in our hand and then draw five new cards from our decks.”
 
“And since I don't have any cards at the moment, I have nothing to lose, but to gain. You on the other hand won't be so lucky.”
 
Sam: “GRR!”
 
(Both discard and draw)
 
“Still,, you do realize your monster is in attack mode, which means I can still attack and destroy it. Go Green Spy-Girl… SUPER SPEED STRIKE!!”
 
(Atk: 2300)VS(Def: 700)
 
SCORE: (Sam: 1100 / R.C: 5900)
 
“Now I'll place one card Face-down, and end my turn.”
 
R.C: “Well I guess it's my turn then.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Ha! This card clenches it for me.”
 
“I first play MONSTER REINCARNATION So all I have to do is discard a card from my hand to get back a monster from my graveyard.”
 
“Now I'll play MONSTER REBORN… and use it to revive my FIRE PRINCESS.”
 
“Plus, I'll also activate PREMATURE BURIAL. For a cost of 800 life points, I can revive another one of my monsters, and chose my SOLAR FLARE DRAGON!!”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 1100 / R.C: 5100)
 
Sam: “And don't tell me, you're planning to use them to weaken my life points even further with their powers?”
 
R.C: “No… actually… not this time.”
 
Sam: “Huh?!”
 
R.C: “Remember what I said at the beginning of this duel, that I rarely ever have to attack, well this is going to have to be one of those times, and what better way to take you out that with the power of my rarest card.”
 
“Which F.Y.I was the second I discarded with my Graceful Charity at the start.”
 
Sam: “Ahh… I see. So you needed to bring back monsters in order to summon it to the field.”
 
R.C: “That's right, and now I'll play one final Magic card… AUTONOMOUSACTION UNIT!! Now by paying another 1500 life points…”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 1100 / R.C: 3600)
 
“… I can revive one of your monsters to my side of the field, and I chose your MERMAID KNIGHT!!”
 
“And now Sam, the stage is all set for you to meet my monster. I sacrifice all three monsters I revived from the graveyard to summon my rarest monster… MOISTURE CREATURE!!”
 
(Atk: 2800/ Def: 2900)
 
Sam: “Whoa… that monster's Attack and Defense powers are super high!”
 
R.C: “You bet they are, but just wait until you see it's special ability. When it's summoned by me sacrificing the three monsters, now I can destroy all your Magic and Trap cards.”
 
Sam: “Ah!”
 
(Cards destroyed)
 
R.C: “And now that you don't have anything to protect you… Moisture Creature, attack Green Spy-Girl! MOISTURE BLAST ATTACK!!”
 
(Atk: 2800) VS (Atk: 2300)
 
Sam: “ARGH!!”
 
SCORE: (Sam: 600 / R.C: 3600)
 
R.C: “Times running out for you Sam. You've fought pretty well but I'm afraid your best wasn't best enough.”
 
Sam: “I'm not out just yet, R.C.”
 
R.C: “Hmm?”
 
Sam: “If there's one thing I've learned in all my dueling times it's never to give up even when all seems lost.”
 
(Draws)
 
“And I think I may just very well have the very strategy that could end this now.”
 
R.C: “Then play it… and let's find out.”
 
Sam: As you wish… and I play a new Field Spell card… A LEGENDARY OCEAN!!”
 
R.C: “You really seem to be one with ocean cards.”
 
Sam: “Oh, I just know what I'm doing that's all… because with this on the field, not only will all Water-type Monsters gain 200 attack and defense points, but their levels are all downgraded by one.”
 
“Which means I don't need to sacrifice any monster to summon this… LEGENDARY FISHERMAN… rise from the depths!”
 
Originally… (Atk: 1850 / Def: 1600)
 
With bonus… (Atk: 2050 / Def: 1700)
 
R.C: “That monster may be a great defense, but my Moisture creature can still destroy it and take you out.”
 
(Draws)
 
“But then why waste a good attack when I can get rid of it just as easily with this… FISSURE!!”
 
(Dust flies)
 
“Your fisherman has been destroyed, and now… Moisture Creature attack her and wipe out the rest of her life points!!”
 
(More Dust flies)
 
“Ha, ha, ha… The duel is over.”
 
(Dust clears and Sam is still standing with her arms folded)
 
Sam: “You were saying?”
 
R.C: “Huh? But… how can this be? You're still standing?!”
 
Sam: “Of course I'm still standing, and my life points are unaffected seeing as how you didn't even touch them.”
 
R.C: “What do you mean I didn't touch them, you don't have any Magic or Trap cards out, and I destroyed your last monster with my Fissure Card.”
 
Sam: “I wouldn't be so sure about that. Just take a closer look.”
 
R.C: “I don't see how-- Huh?!”
 
(The rest of the dust clears)
 
“Ah… No… it can't be! There… in the dust… The Legendary Fisherman!”
 
Sam: “That's right R.C. You may be a smart kid, but even the smartest of people can over look things at times.”
 
R.C: “Explain!”
 
Sam: “Well to start off… My Legendary Ocean card, it's name is also treated as UMI, and my Fisherman's special ability makes it so he can't be targeted by Magic cards or Monster attacks as long as Umi is in play.”
 
R.C: “Ah!!”
 
Sam: “Your Fissure Card couldn't destroy my Fisherman, and when your Moisture Creature attacked, my Fisherman was still around to absorb the blast so no damage could be dealt.”
 
R.C's thoughts: “Amazing… Sam just totally made me waste my turn. Incredible!”
 
R.C: “You know Sam, I you really are by far the best opponent I've ever faced.”
 
Sam: “Like wise to you too R.C, and now let's finish this, and it's my turn.”
 
(Draws)
 
“R.C… it's been a please dueling against you, but now it's all going to end. Starting with MONSTER REBORN… and I'll use it to take back my MERMAID KNIGHT!”
 
Originally… (Atk: 1500 / Def: 700)
 
With Bonus… (Atk: 1700 / Def: 1100)
 
R.C: “What good can bringing back that monster do you? Neither one of your monsters is strong enough to take out my Moisture Creature.”
 
Sam: “Oh, they will once I give this to my Fisherman… the Equip-card… MEGAMORPH!!”
 
“Since my life points are lower than your are, my Fisherman gets his original attack power doubled, making him way stronger than you creature.”
 
Originally… (Atk: 1850)
 
With Megamorph… (Atk: 3700)
 
With Field-Bonus… (Atk: 3900)
 
R.C: “Ah… Oh, no!!”
 
Sam: “Legendary Fisherman… Attack with HARPOON STRIKE!!”
 
(Atk: 3900) VS (Atk: 2800)
 
SCORE: (Sam: 600 / R.C: 2500)
 
R.C: “My Moisture Creature… it's gone!!”
 
Sam: “Don't forget Mermaid Knight's ability, she can attack twice per turn if Umi is in play, and since my Ocean card's name is treated as Umi, it's all over.”
 
“Mermaid Knight… attack and wipe out the rest of her life points!!”
 
(Double Atk= 3400)
 
R.C: “WHOA… ARGH!!”
 
(Falls down)
 
FINAL SCORE: (Sam: 600 / R.C: “0000”)
 
 
Sam had won, and the images faded as the disks shut down. “Hey, R.C… you okay?” Sam asked.
 
R.C got up, turned to Sam and smiled. “Yes, that was an excellent duel. Congratulations Sam.”
 
Sam smiled and gave her the thumbs up.
 
R.C gathered up her cards and then approached Sam. “Here you are, Sam; My Moisture Creature, and one key fragment. Go ahead, take them. You've earned them.”
 
Sam accepted the offer. She now had all four fragments and had a fully assembled key which guaranteed her a place in the tournament finals.
 
R.C also seemed to be handling her loss pretty well. “I'm down to just two key fragments, and I've lost my rarest card.” she said. “But I will continue to battle in this tournament.”
 
“That's the spirit.” said Sam. “You know, you and I are a lot alike, R.C. We both duel with our knowledge and deep thinking. It's just the kind of thing that will always make us out to be top duelists anywhere.”
 
R.C smiled. “I couldn't agree with you more.” she said.
 
They then slapped each other a high-five handshake. “So long R.C, and I'll take good care of your Moisture Creature.”
 
“I know you will my friend… and best of luck to you in the finals.”