Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Round One Clover Vs David: Part One ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Author's notes:
 
No the Mystery Duelists isn't Bakura, or one of those biker-dudes. Remember you're clues.
 
-English Accent.
 
-The girls already know this guy.
 
Still can't tell? Well then just wait until Mandy's duel. You'll be surprised.
 
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
 
“The first duel of the Semi-Finals will now commence.” Odion declared. “Clover will duel David.”
 
This was it. Clover had been preparing for this duel, and she was all ready. “Well, time to go to work.” she said. “Let's do this.”
 
“Good luck Clover.” said Sam.
 
“We're with you all the way.”
 
Sabrina and I nodded to her for good luck.
 
Clover strapped on her disk, and she climbed into the dueling arena, but Davis was still nowhere to be found.
 
“Uh, Hello… anxiously waiting to duel here.” Clover complained, but then suddenly there he was standing right in between Marik and Ishizu.
 
“Is that…?” Alex asked.
 
“It looks like…?” added Sam.
 
It was David, all aright. Only, he was now dressed up exactly like Marik was, and he had the Millennium Item Symbol on his head.
 
David began to walk towards the arena, almost as if he were ready to collapse. “Davis… what happened to you?” asked Clover.
 
But David just looked up at her and spoke in a rather raspy doubled-voice, “I am not David, You Fool!”
 
“You… you, what?!”
 
Marik then sniggered and told them about what he had done. “I simply entered this tournament through David, who has been dueling on my behalf ever since, and he has thus far proven to be quite the mind-slave. Hmm, mm, mm.”
 
“How dare you, Marik!” snapped Sabrina. “And how cowardly you and your sister, are; Using an innocent man to duel on your behalf.”
 
“Not to mention, breaking the rules by a long way that's liable to get you disqualified.” added Sam.
 
Odion stepped in at this point. “Technically if someone has entered on one's behalf, then there is no real harm, done.” He said. “With the excepting, that should David be unable to attend, then Master Marik shall have to take his place as proper.”
 
This was not good… and knowing Marik he probably had given David a whole deck loaded with rare-cards… maybe even--?
 
No, it was best not to think of it. Too bad I couldn't sense what he had really done, for he and Ishizu were still blocking me out.
 
“No big deal.” Clover said. “I'll still give it all I got, and I just might win this anyways. God-card, or no God-card.”
 
Marik just sniggered. “Hmm… not exactly as you think.” he thought. “I would never hand anyone my Egyptian God, The Winged Dragon of Ra… so I copied the card several times over.”
 
“Now this young man will test out my new creation, and if all goes well… Victory will be mine. Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!”
 
“This duel will now begin.” Odion declared. “Clover… David… prepare yourselves.”
 
Their disks were set, cards were shuffled and drawn, and this time… the arena itself had it's own set of projectors so they didn't have to use their own.
 
The systems were uploaded, and life points were set at 8000.
 
“Okay David, or Marik, whatever.” Clover said. “GET YOUR GAME ON!!”
 
SCORE: (Clover: 8000 / David: 8000)
 
Clover: “Now… time to throw down. I summon ELEMENTAL HERO SPARK-MAN, in Attack mode.”
 
(Atk: 1600 / Def: 1400)
 
“Now I'll throw down a face-down, and end my turn.”
 
Marik's thoughts: “Hmm, mm, mm… now my mind slave, do your bidding!”
 
Marik/David: “First I'll play the mighty TEMPLE OF THE KINGS!!”
 
(A huge Temple appears)
 
Sam: “Whoa… check out the size of that thing?”
 
Alex: “Totally! What does it do, Mykan?”
 
Mykan: “To be honest… I don't know… I've never seen this card before. It was probably one of those cards thought too powerful to launch out to the public.”
 
Marik/David: “And now I will set two more cards face-down and end my turn.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “Why would he end his turn when he hasn't summoned any monsters. Doesn't he realize he's not protected?”
 
Clover's thoughts: “Marik must be up to something, I'll bet that's why he played his those cards. I better watch it.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Now I'll summon… ELEMENTAL CLAY-MAN… In defense mode.”
 
(Atk: 800 / Def: 2000)
 
“Now Go Spark-Man… attack his life-points directly. STATIC SHOCK ATTACK!!”
 
(Atk: 1600)
 
Marik/David: “Not so fast! I activate the Trap-card, EYE OF WIDJAT!!” (Anime Card only)
 
“It activates whenever my opponent declares a direct attack, and I can change your monster's attack to another monster on your field.”
 
Clover: “Huh? Wait… if Spark-Man attacks Clay-Man--”
 
(Atk: 1600) VS (Def: 2000)
 
(Attack fails)
 
SCORE: (Clover: 7600 / David: 8000)
 
Alex: “Did you see that? Clover just attacked herself and lost life points.”
 
Sam: “Well in a way, it's really all right. Now that his trap's used up, maybe Clover can figure out a way to counter.”
 
Clover: “Not bad… but it will be soon, Now activate POLYMERIZATION and fuse together my two monsters--”
 
Marik/David: “Hold it right there!”
 
Clover: “What the--?”
 
Marik/David: “Now my counter-trap activates. CURSED SEAL OF THE FORBIDDEN SPELL! By simply discarded one card from my hand, I am able to negate the effects of your magic card and destroy it.”
 
(Fusion fails, and card destroyed)
 
Clover: “No way! My Fusion didn't work!”
 
Marik/David: “Hmm, mm, mm! and it will stay that way as well, because this trap card also has another effect. For the remainder of the duel, you are forbidden from activating Polymerization again!”
 
Clover: “Ah?!”
 
Sam: “No Polymerization?!”
 
Alex: “But that's how Clover usually wins her duels all the time. By Fusion.”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Don't give in Clover… there are other ways to get the job done. Just trust in you deck.”
 
Clover: “I'll throw down a face-down and call it quits for now.”
 
Mystery Duelist's thoughts: “How intense this is. The game has just started and Clover is already at a huge disadvantage, But I wouldn't count her out yet. She and the other girls have always made their way out of hardships before.”
 
Marik/David: “Now it is my-- or rather OUR move. Ha, ha, ha…”
 
(Draws)
 
“First I will play GRACEFUL CHARITY!! I shall discard both the cards from my hand, and the draw three from my deck.”
 
(Discards and then draws)
 
“And I will activate a Trap card… DISGRACEFUL CHARITY!!” (Anime card only)
 
“Now I am able to take back the cards I just discarded this turn, and I will play one of them, the Magic-card… RAIGEK! Which will destroy all of your monsters!”
 
Clover: “What?!”
 
(Clover's monsters, destroyed)
 
Sam: “No! Clover's wide open to an attack.”
 
Marik/David: “But there is far more where that came from. Now I will play two of the same trap-cards… EMBODIMENT OF APOPHIS!!”
 
“It is a card that serves as both a Trap, and Monster card… and since I played town of them, I am able to summon two REPTILE EARTH monsters.”
 
x2… (Atk: 1600 / Def: 1800)
 
“Now, go my monsters and Attack her life points directly!!”
 
(Combined Atk: 3200)
 
Clover: “WHOA!!!”
 
(She falls over)
 
SCORE: (Clover: 4400 / David: 8000)
 
Alex, and Sam: “Clover!!”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Aww… poor thing. I guess she's finally getting the rightful defeat she deserves. But I hope she can at least do me a favor and survive long enough for me to find out if this guy has the third Egyptian God Card”
 
Marik/David: “Ha, ha, ha… you're down for the count now young lady. You may as well surrender because with all this on my field to protect me, victory will be mine. Ah, ha, ha, ha!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED