Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Round One Clover VS David: Part Two ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWNTY-FIVE
 
 
SCORE: (Clover: 3900 / Marik /David: 2200)
 
Sam: “Come one, Clover don't give up!”
 
Alex: “Our dads are counting on us.”
 
Clover's thoughts: “They're right… I can't back down now. Got to get my game on. Got to keep it together! Well, here goes something.
 
(Draws)
 
Clover: “Well… it's something all right. I play WARRIOR RETURNING ALIVE, which let's me add one Warrior monster from the graveyard into my hand.”
 
“And that'll do it for me.”
 
Sabrina: “Clover… You've forgotten to switch your monsters to defense mode!”
 
Clover: “Huh? Awe, No!!”
 
Sam: “And what's worse, why didn't she play the card she got from the graveyard?”
 
Mykan: “Calm down, everyone. I think Clover's got something planned.”
 
Marik/David: “Very well then, it is not my position to lure people into making foolish mistakes.”
 
(Draws)
 
“First I shall rid the field of your Bladedge Hero. Go, Mystical Beast… ATTACK!!”
 
(Atk: 3000) VS (Atk: 2600)
 
SCORE: (Clover: 3500 / Marik /David: 2200)
 
“And now my monsters' attack will increase by another 500 points, but now I shall add this Magic-Card… SWORDS OF FLASHING LIGHT -TRYCE!!
 
Alex: “Hey… I remember that card. Max tried to use it on me. It may weaken his monster by 500 points but it also allows it to attack again.”
 
Marik/David: “Now I discard one card from my hand, and send my Beast to attack your Bubble-Man… ATTACK!!”
(Atk: 3000) VS (Atk: 1600)
 
(Bubble-man stands, and Scorces unaffected)
 
Marik/David: “What's this?! My Beast's attack had no effect on your monster at all. This cannot be!”
 
Clover: “Oh it can all right. See, when you attack my Bubble-Man all you destroyed was the Bubble-Blaster I equipped to him. Sure, it lowers his attack power back to normal, but I don't take any damage from you this turn.”
 
(Atk: 800)
 
Marik/David: “GRR! I shall place a card face down and end my turn!”
 
Clover: “Now I'll draw one card… and since Bubble-Man's all I have out again, I get two more cards.”
 
“Now I play this Field-card… FUSION-GATE!!
 
Marik/David: “Huh?!”
 
Clover: “If you thought Polymerization was the only way to fuse monsters together. Guess again!”
 
Marik/David: “What?! No!!”
 
Clover: “Awe, Yeah… now I fuse together, ELEMENTAL HEROES AVIAN and BURSTINATRIX To create ELEMENTAL HERO FLAME-WINGMAN!!”
 
(Atk: 2100/ Def: 1200)
 
Marik's thoughts: “I cannot believe it… this fool has actually managed to elude me and summon out her favorite monster!”
 
Clover: “Now I'll switch Bubble-man to defense… Throw down a face down, and end my turn… which F.Y.I gets rid of your Swords of Revealing Light”
 
(Swords Vanish)
 
Marik/David: “What an astounding waste of a turn. You've left yourself wide open for me to destroy you for good.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Serket Beast… Attack her Bubble-man, now!”
 
(Atk: 3000) VS (Def: 1200)
 
Clover: “Not so fast!”
 
Marik/David: “A trap?! What is it? … NEGATE ATTACK?! No… that dissolves my attack and ends my battle phase!”
 
(Alex and Sam cheer)
 
Sabrina: “Well done, Clover! You can make it!”
 
Mykan: (Nods head) “And now that the Swords of light are gone… Clover is free to attack this turn.”
 
Clover: “Well boys, what are you going to do about it now.”
 
Marik/David: “GRR… I end my turn, there is nothing I can do now
 
Clover: Okay then… time for some real action.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Nice… this couldn't come at any other time. I'll replace Fusion-Gate with another Field Spell… SKYSCRAPER!!”
 
(Buildings materialize everywhere.)
 
Marik/David: “What… What is happening?!”
 
Clover:“Glad you asked. See with this card in play… all my Elemental Heroes gain an extra 1000 attack points if the target their attacking has more power than their own.”
 
Marik/David: “OH, NO!!”
 
Clover: “Now Go Flame-Wingman…demolish his Serket beast! FLAMMING WING BLAST!!”
 
(Atk: 3100) VS (Atk: 3000)
 
SCORE: (Clover: 3500 / Marik /David: 2100)
 
“And now… thanks to Flame-Wingman's effect, you lose life points equal to your monsters attack power… That means I win!!”
 
Marik/David: “GRR… ACTIVATE NUTRIENT Z!!”
 
(Everyone gasps)
 
“This trap card activates whenever I receive more than 2000 points of damage and increase my life points by 4000 before your attack hits.”
 
Before attack(Marik /David: 6100)
 
After attack(Marik /David: 3100)
 
Clover: “Ah, well… You forget, I still have Bubble-man's attack, and every little bit helps. Go Bubble-man, attack him directly.”
 
SCORE: (Clover: 3500 / Marik /David: 2700)
 
“And that'll do it for me.”
 
Alex: “I can't believe it… Clover almost actually had him.”
 
Sam: “Well yeah… but she still has the lead, and David's… or Marik's field is empty too.”
 
Sabrina: “But don't forget, it's his turn now… and I have a bad feeling about this.”
 
Marik/David: “My compliments my dear, on surviving this long, but I am afraid that all this will now come to an end.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Ahh… a magic-card… MONSTER REBORN!!”
 
(everyone gasps)
 
Clover's thoughts: “Monster Reborn?! But that means--”
 
Marik/David: “My Serket beast has returned… and now the time has come for me to destroy you with the powers of my Egyptian God card!”
 
Clover: “Normally… it requires three monsters to sacrifice in order to summon an Egyptian God monster, but by Sacrificing both my Serket beast… along with my Temple of the Kings…”
 
(Sky darkens… lightning flashes… field rumbles)
 
“I can summon any monster I wish!”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “At last… now I get to see the third God card in action.”
 
(A golden sphere appears)
 
Clover: “Wha--? What the heck is that supposed to be?”
 
Marik/David: “The Winged Dragon of Ra is locked up in that sphere… it's one of it's many special powers. Just take a look on my card.”
 
(Strange writing is printed on the card)
 
Clover: “What is that stuff?”
 
Marik/David: “That's my dear is the ancient chant needed to gain controls of the Winged Dragon. Even if the card is summoned to the field, those who cannot decipher the text shall not gain control of it.”
 
“But it is most fortunate for me that my sister and I have studied many of the ancient ways, including this text of Hieroglyphic script… now observe as I recite the chant and awaken my great beast.”
 
Sam: “Oh no! If he awakens that Dragon… Clover's going to get cleaned out.”
 
Marik/David:
 
“Great beast of the sky,”
“Please hear my cry.”
“Transform thyself from orb of light,”
“And bring me victory in this fight.”
 
(Sphere glows like mad as the Dragon forms)
 
Clover: “Oh, no! OH NO, this can't be good!!”
 
Marik/David:
 
“Envelope the desert with your glow.”
“And cast your rage upon my foe.”
“Unlock your powers from deep within,”
“So that together we may win.”
 
“Appear in this Shadow Game,”
“As I call out your name…”
 
“WINGED DRAGON OF RA!!!”
 
(More lighting, and…)
 
Mandy: “Ah… there it is!!”
 
(Everyone stares in Awe)
 
Clover: “WHOA.”
 
Marik/David: “Behold my great beast… the most powerful of all the Egyptian God Monsters!! Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! AHH, HA, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH!!”
 
(Card in Marik's robe begins to glow angrily)
 
Clover: “Okay… Totally freaky much!”
 
Marik/David: “And since I did sacrifice my Serket beast to summon it. Ra now has my beast's attack and Defense power.”
 
(Atk: 2500/ Def: 2000)
 
“But that is not all… now activate a another Magic-Card… BRAIN CONTROL!!By paying 800 life points, I can take control of one of your monsters.”
 
SCORE: (Clover: 3500 / Marik /David: 1900)
 
Clover: “My Bubble-man? Why didn't you take my Flame-Wingman?”
 
Marik/David: “I will show you… I am now going to sacrifice your Bubble-man and transfer his power to RA.”
 
(Atk: 3300/ Def: 3200)
 
“But that still is not all… now I will also activate Ra's power of Point-to-point Transfer. I can pay any Portion of my life points and power up Ra even more, and I shall pay all but a single of my life points”
 
SCORE: (Clover: 3500 / Marik /David: 1)
 
(Atk: 5199/ Def: 5099)
 
Sabrina: “That Dragon's power just keeps growing!!”
 
Alex: “Clover's monster doesn't stand a chance!”
 
Marik/David: “Prepare to meet your doom!! Winged Dragon of Ra… Attack and destroy her now!!”
 
Clover: “EEE-EEE-EE!!”
 
(The Dragon stops in it's tracks)
 
(Everyone is confused)
 
Sam: “What's going on? Why did it stop!”
 
(The Real Ra card floats out from Marik's pocket and growls angrily)
 
Marik's thoughts: “What is this?! What is happening!!”
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “It would seem that the Real Winged Dragon is outraged by my brother's attempt to using a counterfeit of it's card!”
 
(Lightening flashes everywhere and the duel images are disrupted)
 
Mykan: “LOOK OUT!!!”
 
(Everyone runs about in panic)
 
(Two flashes of lighting strike Clover and David)
 
Clover: “GAAAAAAAAH!!”
 
David: “WHOOOOOOOA!!”
 
(And they both fall unconscious as the storm ends)
 
Baby Erica was screaming in fear from the storm, not to mention how angry Ra looked from when he blasted the field.
 
Everyone got up tot heir feet, but Clover and David lay flat on the floor of the dueling stage. The programs had gone out like candles, and the scores were all messed up, and all the images were gone.
 
“Clover! Clover come on… you got to get up.” cried Alex.
 
Marik was outraged that not only did his plan not succeed, but he knocked out his own mind-slave too. Now with both the duelists knocked out there was still the matter of… who won the duel?
 
Well… with the scores all fractured, and the recordings incorrect. There was only one way to decide. Odion stepped up the plate. “Well, we have to decide a winner somehow.” He said.
 
“The duelists have two minutes to stand up straight and tall. Whoever gets up and stays up first shall be declared the winner of this duel.”
 
“Clover… did you hear that?” cried Sam. “You have to get up, or your out.”
 
At that moment, I saw Marik attempting to use his Millennium Rod to make David stand up. “Oh no you don't Marik… not this time.” I thought, and I used my Millennium Necklace to send a barrier towards David.
 
Marik was most surprised. “What's going on… my Millennium Rod is being blocked.” He thought angrily. Then his eye met mine. “I might have guessed.”
 
Well So far I blocked Marik from cheating his way out, now we just had to hope that Clover could get up in time, because I didn't know how long I could hold on for.
 
Suddenly, Clover's fingers began to twitch.
 
“Hey… look.” cried Sabrina.
 
Clover began to shake a bit, and her groaning became louder as she slowly forced herself to look up. “Ugh… come on… I can do it!” she groaned.
 
She got up, and onto her knees…
 
“Come on Clover, You're almost there.” cried Alex.
 
Now she was on only one knee…
 
Marik was furious. “I must get my mind-slave to stand up for me!!” he muttered under his breath, but still his powers did not break through my barrier.
 
Mandy couldn't believe it either. “No way… she might actually make it.” she thought.
 
The rest of us all looked ready to jump for joy as Clover now had both her feet on the ground, and it was only a matter of her standing up tall… but she was still shaking…
 
“Come Clover… You can make it.” I called to her.
 
“Y-y-yes… Got to… got to… Hold--!!” but before she could finish, her voice trailed off and she fell back down onto the floor, and this time she was really out of it.
 
“No!!” cried Sabrina.
 
“Clover!” added Alex and Sam.
 
Marik now knew the duel was in the bag, but he still couldn't break through my barrier and get to David… but it wasn't enough as Ishizu herself used her Millennium Ring to make David stand up proud and tall.
 
Odion nodded his head and held up his hand. “And the winner of the first duel is… David, on behalf of Master Marik Ishtar.”
 
Marik and Ishizu sniggered and winked to each other. While Clover and Sam felt really bugged. “Clover.” Sam said.
 
“No way.” added Alex.
 
Later on
 
Both Clover and David were transferred to the sick bays, both of them still alive, just really, REALLY, knocked out of it. Sabrina was a big help too with her medical studies, but still… no one knew just how long Clover or David would be out of it for.
 
It was also a good thing that Marik refused to take Clover's Rarest card away from her… “I have not the need for any other card.”… Because Sam and Alex had an idea.
 
They did feel really bad that Clover lost, and she was out… and even though David couldn't participate in anymore of the duels, Marik now got to enter, himself.
 
But Odion was strict in keeping the finals underway, and Alex and Sam's duel was going to commence in five minutes time. No ifs, ands, or buts.
 
They were both sharing a few last minute friendly chatting before the match. It concerned Clover's Rarest card.
 
“Cheer up Alex… at least we know that one of us will be going to the finals.” Sam said. “And this way, we can prove who's better suited to go. Who's better prepared.”
 
Alex knew she was right. “Yeah… and there is something we will need.” she said. Combined together, all three of their Spy-girl cards would create a very powerful monster for them to use in the finals.
 
Sam had Green… Alex had Yellow… and Clover had Red.
 
Now… whoever lost this match would not only lend their Spy-Girl card to the winner, but the winner would also get Clover's Red-Spy girl, as they were certain she'd agree on this too.
 
“Sam… we will sill be best of friends right?” Alex asked. “I mean… even though one of us is going to have to give up it all.”
 
Sam smiled. “Of course.” she said. “Alex… it wouldn't matter to me which of us wins. It's just like Mykan said…”
 
“We're all in this together, and we can all help each other win it all.”
 
Alex and Sam hugged each other warmly. “Good luck, Sammy.”
 
“You too, Alex… and give me all you got.”
 
Odion announced that the next duel was about to commence, and that Alex and Sam were to proceed to the roof, and up to the stage.
 
Sabrina wanted to stay behind in the sickbay and look after Clover an David, but the Mystery Duelist came in and graciously took over the watch so she could catch the next duel.
 
The Mystery Man bent over Clover's bead. “My word Clover.” He said in his English accent. “You did very well to try and face against that fiendish man up there tonight. IT makes me all the more proud of you, and Sam and Alex.”
 
(Now doesn't anybody know who he is)
 
Everyone gathered up on the roof as Alex and Sam took their positions. “The second match of the first half of the semi-finals will now commence. Samantha… Alexandra… prepare your decks, and begin the match.”
 
“Well, this is it.” I sad as I stood next to my wife. “Alex against Sam.”
 
Sabrina was already breathing tensely. “I've never thought I would ever get to see such and exciting duel.” He said. “Which one do you think will win?”
 
I had no idea… and even if I could tap into the future to see, I didn't want to. I wanted to leave this whole thing to their own devices and see which of them had the right stuff to be in the finals.
 
“Ha… if you ask me, both these losers should be disqualified and make it ever the more easy for me to get into the finals.” Mandy sniggered with her trademark laugh.
 
“That's enough, Mandy!” I snapped. “It's bad enough putting up with your poor sportsmanship, but Alex and Sam have it hard enough already… now sit still and keep your rude comments to yourself!”
 
Mandy huffed and turned back to the stage where things were about to get underway, as the disks were prepared, the image projectors activated, cards were shuffled and drawn, and life points set to 8000… “Begin the match” Odion cried out.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!”