Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Who is the Mystery Duelist? ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
 
 
Sam And Alex were still standing up there on the stage giving each other friendly stares for a good match… You'd think they were lesbians about to… (uh… never mind.)
 
“All right you geeks. The party's over.” Snorted Mandy. “Now get off the field, I have a match to win.”
 
Sam and Alex cleared the field, but it was to Mandy's disappointment that duel was delayed for ten minutes. “There are no exceptions to the rules.” said Odion. “You will just have to wait.”
 
“Humph!” she snorted. “Fine… I'll play by your little clubhouse rules.” and she walked off, while Sam, and Alex made it over to me and Sabrina.
 
“That was very honorable match you displayed girls.” said Sabrina. “I've never seen a duel like it.”
 
Sam and Alex smiled, but then they noticed I was hanging my head low. “Hey, Mykan, what's the matter?” asked Alex. “I got a spot in the finals.”
 
I was very grateful for that, except there was one thing bothering me. “Don't you girls get it?” I said. “After this next duel, it'll be me against Sabrina.”
 
They all realized I was right, and that made Sabrina's insides churn. Now she had her head hanging low too.
 
“Well then you can just do what Alex and I did.” said Sam. “You can both look forward to an honorable match.”
 
That by far had to be the only bright side out of all that lay before us. It still didn't make us feel any better. Sabrina and I were not facing stress like Sam and Alex did. We were facing something that was too horrible to put into words.
 
One of us having to knock the other out of the tournament for the sake of saving our little baby girl? The very strong bond that we shared hat was more powerful to us than any card?
 
Now Sam and Alex were starting to feel bad too. “I don't I'll even want to watch a match like that.” said Alex. “I'm beat already just thinking about it.”
 
Well, even though it was going to be an honorable, yet hard duel, there was still the matter of getting the third match out of the way first.
 
So we all decided to head to the sickbay and check in on Clover.
 
 
She was still unconscious from her duel, and so was David. The professional doctors determined they would be all right, but how and when they would wake up was a mystery.
 
Still, as promised, Sam gave Alex her Green Spy-girl to borrow, and Alex got to borrow Clover's Red Spy-Girl. “With these cards in my hands, the finals shouldn't be too difficult… I hope.” she thought.
 
It wasn't long before Odion announced that the next duel was about to begin, only I wanted to stay behind and watch over Clover. I just couldn't stand up there alongside Sabrina, and I needed some space to think.
 
So I'd stay behind and watch the duels on the screens.
 
Sabrina understood. So she pecked my check, and went back to the roof with the girls, but she too also seemed to be far away.
 
Alex and Sam hated seeing her like that. All mystified, and dazed as if she had just seen a ghost. “Hey, Sabrina?” Sam asked. “You going to be okay?”
 
Sabrina looked up. “I'm just so worried about Mykan.” she said. “Didn't you-two see how awful he looked when we left him?”
 
Neither one of them had never seen this bummed before. I looked even more bummed than during the four years I spent alone in Beverly Hills after almost losing Sabrina.
 
“We can't let it bother us.” said Sam. “We know that at least one of you will go on onto the final with Alex, and the odds can still be in our favor of winning.”
 
Alex nodded. “Even though you have to face each other, you can do what we did.” she said. “Duel each other to the fullest and see which of you is better qualified to take on the finals.”
 
That did make Sabrina feel a little more better. “I know… but I'm still worried about Mykan.” she said.
 
Finally they got to the top, and saw Mandy was already on the dueling platform waiting the arrival of her opponent. That Mystery man, who still, no one could tell was.
 
He was no where to be seen.
 
“Come one… this is getting lame.” Mandy snorted while tapping her toe. “Can't we just disqualify this guy already?”
 
Odion shook his head. “Your opponent still has well over three more minutes to show up for this match.” he said. “If he fails to come, then he will be disqualified.”
 
Suddenly, the doors opened, and there he was. Still all dressed in black with that ski-mask over his face. “So sorry, I'm late.” he said in his English accent. “Nature called.”
 
By this time, his voice was starting to sound more and more familiar to Alex, and Sam. “Who is this guy?” they both thought, “And why does it feel like we've met before?”
 
The Mystery Man climbed up onto the platform, much to Mandy's rude behaviour. “It's about time you showed up!!” she growled. “Do you have any idea how much these shoes are worth?”
 
The Mystery Man decided not to protest back, and he merely said. “Good luck to you young Mandy.” he said.
 
Mandy was most confused, and so were the girls. How did this guy know who Mandy was?
 
The Man then decided. “I think it's time I showed everyone who I really am.” He said. He reached to his wrist and tapped on special bracelet which changed his outfit.
 
The girls gasped when they saw the face of. “Jerry?!
 
(I told you, it was Someone the girls knew.)
 
“Jerry what are you doing here?” asked Sam.
 
Jerry pointed at the duel-disk on his arm. “Why else? I'm here to duel.” he said. “Ever since I saw you girls playing Duel-Monsters, I couldn't resist the temptation. So I built a deck of my own, and as a result, I'm now the Top-notch duelist of all England.”
 
“You're really that good?” asked Alex.
 
Jerry nodded. “I promise you young Mandy… you will not succeed in this match.” He said.
 
Mandy just snorted. “Well see about that, Old-guy.”
 
Odion cleared his throat. “The third duel of the first half of the Semi finals will now commence. Mandy VS Jerry. Begin the match.”
 
The disks were prepared… the arena projectors were activated… cards were shuffled and drawn… and life points set to 8000.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!”