Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Round Two, Alex VS Marik: Part Three ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
 
SCORE: (Marik: 3500 / Alex: 7700)
 
Marik: (Evil laughter) “I told you that you were finished my dear. The time has come for you to make your final move before you meet your ultimate fate.”
 
Alex: (Wearily) “Marik… I'm not going down. Not as long… as I have something… to fight for.”
 
Sam: “Alex… hang in there!”
 
Jerry: “Come, come now… you can do it!”
 
Mykan: “Trust in your deck Alex… believe in your cards and they will come through for you.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “Their right… I only need one card to make this strategy of mine work. Okay deck… this is it… HERE GOES!!”
 
(Draws)
 
Alex: “Ah. Heh, heh, heh… (Chuckles wildly)”
 
Marik: “I fail to see why you are laughing. What card you have possibly drawn?”
 
Alex: “You want to see it? Well here it comes. It's the Trap-Card NEEDLE CEILING!!”
 
Marik: “Needle Ceiling? That card?”
 
Alex: “Oh, you better believe it. See it can only be activated when there's four monsters or more in play, and I see six… which means they all go, Bye-Bye, and since your Plasma Eel's aren't' immune to Trap effects… they go down too.”
 
(All monsters, destroyed)
 
Marik: “Ha! Very impressive, My Dear, but not good enough. For now I shall activate one of my face down cards… CALL OF THE HAUNTED!!Now I can bring back a monster from my Graveyard, like… one of my Plasma Eels… RETURN!!”
 
(Plasma Eel, returns)
 
(Atk: 500)
 
“And don't forget, my Eel's special ability makes it so it can't be destroyed in battle. You just wasted all the monsters you had.”
 
Alex: “Not quite I haven't. I think it's high time I showed you the sing most greatest thing I can dish up.”
 
Marik's thoughts: “It doesn't matter which monster she summons. My two remaining trap cards will protect me, and ensure me victory.”
 
Alex: “Here goes…”
 
(Shuts her eyes for a dramatic moment)
 
Alex's thoughts: “Clover… this is it… I'm going to get revenge for what this freak did to you.”
 
Alex: “I first activate the Magic-card… MONSTER REBORN!! I'll use it to bring back one of my treasured monsters of all… YELLOW SPY-GIRL!!”
 
(Atk: 2300 / Def: 2000)
 
Marik: “As interesting as it is that that card looks just like you my dear, I'm afraid it will not help you.”
 
Alex: “But wait a minute… I'm not done yet. I still got one card left on the field, and now I reveal it… POLYMERIZATION!!”
 
Marik: “What?!”
 
Alex: “And I have just the cards to fuse. Clover's RED SPY-GIRL… Sam's GREEN SPY-GIRL and my own YELLOW SPY GIRL!!”
 
(The Spy-Girls unit and begin to fuse)
 
Marik: “No! All three of those Spy-Girls?”
 
Alex: “Oh yeah… and just take a look at what they're coming together to be!”
 
(Bright burst of light)
 
(Monster Appears)
 
Alex: “Marik… meet your worst nightmare. The one… the only… SPY-WOMAN!!!”(Remember… this is a card I made up myself)
 
(Atk: 4000 / Def: 3000)
 
(Everyone stares in awe)
 
Marik: “Wha-- What is this… I've never seen this monster before!”
 
Alex: “Really… well that's just Too Bad! Now you'll get a taste of her supper power. Go Spy-Woman… DO YOUR STUFF!!”
 
(Spy-Woman unleashes lots of energy waves)
 
(Plasma Eel explodes)
 
Marik: “What?! But how… my Eel is immune to all attacks. This cannot be!”
 
Alex: “Oh it's real all right… See Spy-Woman's got one of the most devastating abilities you'll ever see. It starts off with me paying 7500 of my life points.”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 3500 / Alex: 200)
 
“Then not only do I get to destroy all your monsters, but your Magic and Trap cards also bite the dirt!!”
 
Marik: “AAH!!”
 
(Everything on Marik's field, destroyed)
 
Alex: “And more than that… I also get to cut your life points in half!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 1750 / Alex: 200)
 
Jerry: “Well done Alex!”
 
Sam: “She did it… she's actually going to make it!”
 
Mykan: “Yes… but there still is one thing we over looked. Spy-Woman can't attack on the same turn she used her effect!”
 
Alex: “Yeah… but it's okay. There's not a monster Marik's got that can stand up to her now. What do you say to that, Chump?”
 
Marik: (Evil laughter)
 
Alex: “Uh… something I missed here?”
 
Marik: “I must congratulate you on your efforts to trying to get payback for what I did to your friend… but sadly it will all have been in vain, for I am about to destroy you once and for all… With Ra.”
 
Everyone: “WITH RA?!”
 
Mykan: “Marik's Egyptian God Card?!”
 
Alex: “Hold on… there's no way you can summon anything that powerful. You have to sacrifice three monsters to play it… and you haven't got any in play.”
 
Marik: “Heh, heh… very observant of you, My dear, but unfortunately I won't need to make any sacrifices.”
 
“I activate a Magic-Card I'm certain your familiar with… MONSTER REBORN!! Which I shall use to bring back Ra!
 
(Field goes crazy)
 
Mandy's thoughts: “This is it… now I get to see that card of Marik's in action!”
 
(Lighting strikes and Ra Appears)
 
Marik: “Stare into the face of defeat, Alex… for this is the last monster you ever see.”
 
(Atk: 0000 / Def: 0000)
 
Jerry: “Hang on a moment. That monster has no attack-power at all.”
 
Mykan: “That's right. Ra takes on the Attack, and Defense points of the monsters that are sacrificed to summon it.”
 
Sam: “But since Marik didn't make a sacrifice… Ra has no power at all.”
 
Ishizu: “Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah… Silly fools.”
 
(Everyone grunts)
 
“Haven't either of you figured it out by now? The Winged Dragon of Ra was not the most powerful of all the Egyptian Gods for any ordinary reason.”
 
Alex: “Wait… are you trying to say… It's go more than just one ability?”
 
Marik: “Of course… for you see. When I special summon it from the graveyard, I can activate it's power of INSTANT ATTACK!! Which allows it to attack you immediately… but that is not all I will do.”
 
(Ra blazes)
 
Sam: “What's happening now?”
 
Mykan: “It looks like… Ra is transforming.”
 
Marik: “Behold, the true form of Ra. It's most superior form… EGYPTIAN GOD PHOENIX!!In this form… Ra is completely unstoppable.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “Well… if that's what Ra's really like. I can't wait to have it for myself and use it to kick some serious butt.”
 
Alex: “Hold on! How do you expect to do anything? Just look at our monsters. My Spy woman has 4000 attack-points, while your overgrown, flaming chicken's got zero.”
 
Marik: “Hmm, mm, mm… that is true… which I why I plan to activate yet another one of Ra's abilities.”
 
Alex: “What?! Another one!”
 
Marik: “Yes! You see… in it's Phoenix-mode… Ra has the ability to storm the field and disintegrate every one of your monsters, even if it has no attack-power. All that I'm required to do is give up 1000 of my life points.”
 
“The Ra shall be free to send you straight to the Shadows!!”
 
Alex: “So what? Even if you destroy my monster, I won't lose any life points at all.”
 
Marik: “Tut-Tut-Tut… little Alex. Losing life points should be the least of your problems. You see that energy stream attached to your monster?”
 
“Once Ra attacks you, the last bits of your inner-strength will be completely drained out, leaving you completely drained out. It's over for you!! THE PHOENIX IS ABOUT TO RISE!!”
 
(Alex growls)
 
Marik: “The time has finally come!!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 750 / Alex: 200)
 
“… Winged Dragon of Ra… DESTROY HER MONSTER, AND DRAIN HER BODY!!!”
 
Mykan: “LOOK OUT!!!”
 
(Ra… STORMS THE FIELD!!)
 
Marik and Ishizu: (Evil laughter)
 
Marik: “NOW… FEEL THE PAIN AS RA DESTROYS YOU!!”
 
(Spy-Woman Explodes)
 
(Alex gets CAUGHT IN THE BLAST!!)
 
Alex: (MORTIFIED SCREAM!!)
 
Mykan: “FIGHT IT ALEX!!”
 
Sam: “HANG IN THERE!!”
 
Outside of the duel
 
The great force that Ra was forcing on Alex seemed to rupture the entire island.
 
Inside the Airship, Sabrina held on tight so as not to fall out of bed. “WHAT… WHAT'S GOING ON!!!” she cried.
 
Back to the duel
 
(The storm stops)
 
Marik: “My great beast has performed its task. Now it will return to my graveyard.”
 
(Ra vanishes)
 
“When the smoke clears, you'll be nothing but a motionless shell. With no inner-strength to protect you, the Shadow-Realm will easily snatch your soul and mind. You will spend all of eternity wandering in the darkness!!”
 
(Smoke clears… and Alex is still there)
 
“What? No!… It cannot be!! No One can withstand the powers of an Egyptian God Monster!! NO ONE!!!”
 
Jerry: “Do you see what I see?!”
 
Mykan: “Alex! She's standing!”
 
Sam: “Yeah… but for how long?”
 
(Alex opens her eyes)
 
Marik: “NO!! YOU SHOULD BE WIPED OUT BY NOW!!!”
 
Alex: (Very wearily) “In… your… dreams!!”
 
(She begins to hallucinate)
 
“What's going on? Where am I?”
 
(Mykan, Sam, and Jerry come into view)
 
Mykan: “Hey, Alex. Hope you're ready for our duel.”
 
Alex: “What? But… aren't I in a duel with Marik? Say, Where is that creepaziod, anyhow, and his crummy sister, Ishizu?”
 
“The last thing I remember…w as being attacked by that Winged Dragon of Ra.”
 
Jerry: “Your mind is in a state of shock, Alex. Don't you remember?”
 
Sam: “Alex… your will-power helped you resist the force of Ra. Now Marik's wide open for your attack!”
 
Alex: “Awe. Yeah! I got a duel to finish!”
 
(Fantasy ends)
 
Alex: (Very wearily) “It's time to… put an end to… Marik and Ishizu's evil… Once… and… for all!!”
 
Ishizu: (In state of shock) “Brother! You must not let her defeat you!!”
 
Marik: (In shock) “ERR!! If she succeeds in attacking my life points… I'll lose the duel, and my Egyptian God Card!!!”
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “If my brother loses this duel. I will lose any hope of being with Mykan, and I will be forced to give up this little baby I have grown so fond of!”
 
Alex: “It's… my move now… and you're wide open, Marik!!”
 
(Draws)
 
Marik: “No! This cannot be happening!!”
 
Jerry: “What card has she drawn?”
 
Sam: “Let's hope its monster with enough power.”
 
Mandy thoughts: “How… how did she withstand the force of Ra?”
 
Alex: “Ugh! O-kay… Marik… I summon… GEARFRIED THE IRON KNIGHT!!”
 
(Atk: 1800 / Def: 1600)
 
Marik: “No! This can't be!!”
 
Mykan: “Hurry up and call your Attack, Alex!!”
 
Alex: (Groans) “G-ear-fried…!!”
 
Mykan: “Alex, No!!”
 
(Alex collapses)
 
Mykan: “Alex!!”
 
Sam: “Alex… Get up!!”
 
Jerry: “Somebody… call for help!”
 
Marik: “GRR… Wrong. There is nothing that can help her now!”
 
FINAL RESULTS: (Marik wins by default)
 
 
The Shadow-Cloud around us vanished,, and Alex still didn't wake up.
 
Odion raised his hand up high. “In accordance with the rules. Alex is unable to duel. Therefore the winner of this match is… Marik Ishtar, who will advance to the final round of the tournament.”
 
None of us really seemed to care about the duel. We all crowded around Alex's motionless body. “Alex!!” cried Sam, as tears poured down her face. “Alex… please be alright!!”
 
Marik stepped down from the platform, “There goes another unfortunate soul into the dark abyss of the Shadow-Realm. To wander the darkness for eternity!”
 
“Alex… WAKE UP!!” Sobbed Sam.
 
“Alex… you can't let Marik get the better of you.” cried Jerry.
 
I never felt so upset in my life. Poor Alex was gone… I could feel my inner-spirit crying out as its heart began to shatter. “Fight it off Alex. I can't lose her to the Shadow-Realm… I WON'T!!”
 
Marik and Ishizu began laughing wickedly. “Now that your friend is out of the way…” said Marik. “My Sister and I are one duel away from everything we have ever dreamed of!”
 
“MARIK… ISHIZU!!” I shouted. “When will all this madness stop!”
 
“When and I are Married, young Mykan!” Ishizu sniggered. “Then Marik will marry Sabrina, and we will all gain everything we've ever wished for.”
 
“Don't think it just yet.” snapped Mandy. “I'm the one who'll be dueling in the final round… once I face off against Mykan and take his Egyptian God Card… I'll be all set to wipe the floor with the both of you.”
 
“Is that so?” Marik hissed. “Then perhaps you should first worry about getting past Mykan first. Hmm, mm, mm!”
 
Odion announced that the next duel would be n one hour. I would face off against Mandy, but that was not on my mind.
 
Marik and Ishizu adjourned from the tower, leaving us to help get Alex to the sickbay, back on the Airship.
 
Later on
 
Alex was in a Sickbay bed. “Doctor… please… is she going to be okay?” Sam sobbed.
 
The Doctor held his head low. “Well to be honest. I've never seen anything like this before.” he said. “Alex's Heartbeat… her pulse… and Blood pressure are perfectly stable. However… her brain-activity is off the charts, and she isn't conscious at all.”
 
Sabrina, who had heard everything. “Please… you have to fight it Alex.” she cried. “We can't lose you.”
 
This was just too much for me… I had to be alone right now. So I adjourned to my room. I threw off my duel-disk and dropped onto the bed wallowing in my sadness.
 
“It's all my fault this happened to Alex.” I thought to myself. “I should've faced Marik. I knew he'd pull something like this. Now… it's too late.”
 
Marik and Ishizu were really nothing but pure Evil. All they did up until now was hurt people.
 
-First: They've taken control of all the major companies in the world. Forcing everyone out of their jobs and into the streets. Including the spies' fathers.
 
-Then: They kidnap. My poor little baby girl… and blackmailed Sabrina and I to partake in this crooked tournament.
 
-Then: Clover and David were knocked into comas when Marik angered the Egyptian Gods by forcing David to play that false Ra-card.
 
-Then: They forced Me and Sabrina… my true love and I… into a match where Sabrina lost and was forced to sign divorce papers first.
 
-Now… Poor Alex. Marik used his Millennium Rod to trap her mind in the Shadow-Realm.
 
This was too much for me to take. I couldn't stand seeing anymore people I loved and cared about getting hurt.
 
“Maybe…” I said to myself. “Maybe… I should quit fighting. It only seems to make things worse.”