Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ THE FINAL DUEL: Part Four ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
 
The duel seemed to be nearing its end, but I was still in a bad predicament. If I lost the duel, then Alex and I would vanish into the Shadow-Realm forever… but if I won, then David would be gone.
 
I couldn't let that happen, but I didn't see a way out.
 
“Awe, man… look at Mykan.” Cried Clover. “He doesn't look so good up there.”
 
“Tell me about it.” said Sam. “Just look at Alex… it's getting harder to see her up there.”
 
Then they noticed Sabrina was twiddling her fingers, and trying hard to fight the tears in her eyes. She was really getting scared.
 
“Princess?” Jerry said trying to calm her. “Try and take it easy, all this stress is not good for your baby.”
 
Sabrina nodded. “I'll try…” she cried. “I'm just so scared. I can't lose Mykan I just can't.”
 
Ishizu's spirit never saw Sabrina look so scared in her life before. “What is it that makes her have such strong feelings for Mykan?” she wondered. She used her Millennium Ring to see into Sabrina's soul which would let her see into her past.
 
In all her magical seeing, she had never before seen anything like what she saw…
 
FLASHBACK
 
Sabrina's mother dying when she was very young. The poor young girl never had much of a chance to even get to know her. Her father being emotionally unstable, and causing her to inherit the Millennium Necklace before her time.
 
She grew up with a rather boring royal upbringing. Lessons, studies and improvement of all the things there was about being a Princess.
 
Her father, under control of that monster in his Millennium Eye, not being there for her, and telling her what was best for her instead of asking.
 
She had her own dreams of becoming a doctor
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
Ishizu never knew Sabrina was like that. A Princess's life was supposedly the life every girl in the world wished for, and yet Sabrina couldn't think any less of it… and there was still so much more…
 
FLASHBACK
 
Sabrina and I were so incredibly in love, that she gave me her Millennium Necklace as a token of her affections… before King Monroe had banished me out to sea and forced us not to see or hear from each other for years.
 
I struggled for all that time to find a way to get Sabrina back, not because she was the Princess, not for her riches and all that stuff… but because I loved her only for herself.
 
I always had her on my mind, and not a day went by in my time away from her that my nights were cold and miserable without her.
 
 
All I had to keep me going was her Millennium Necklace, even though I was also able to control it's power, I kept it because she entrusted me with it.
 
The Necklace I wore was a symbol of our love. The feelings we shared, and I only used it in times of great need, rather than use it to manipulate people, or cheat at duel monsters.
 
With the help of the spies, I won Sabrina back, and then were married and had Erica. Everything we ever wanted after so many years of suffering and despair… had all come to pass.
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
All the cold and darkness in Ishizu's eyes seemed to have dried up. “My brother and I have been fighting for certain things we can never have.” she said to herself. “And now, all that is occurring has been all our doing.”
 
She finally began to reconcile with the fact that Sabrina and I belonged together, and we truly did deserve each other. She could never change the past and undo all her evil deeds… but she could try to at least help us all stop Marik.
 
She gazed over at little Baby-Erica napping in her playpen, so she couldn't see what was going on, and she could also see her unconscious body close by. “I sincerely hope that this works.” she said as she began to concentrate hard.
 
Back to the duel
 
SCORE: (Marik: 700 / Mykan 3500)
 
Marik: “Is that fear I see in your eyes, Mykan… or is it rather you've finally realized that it's all hopeless for you now?”
 
Mykan: “I told you before, Marik that I'll never back down. I will find a way to beat he darkness and take you down finally and forever.”
 
Marik: “Really? Well let us continue then… I know just how to prove you wrong. I play a Magic Card known as MINING FOR MAGICAL STONES!!”
 
“By discarding two cards from my hand to the graveyard, I can add any Magic card from the graveyard to my hand… and I believe I shall take my Monster Reborn!”
 
Sam: “Trust him to pull that stunt off again.”
 
Clover: “Why don't you try something original!”
 
Marik's thoughts: “Heh, heh, heh now I must the rest of my plan into action before my Winged Dragon of Ra can emerge, and wipe Mykan out.”
 
Marik: “Now I shall place one card face down… and I summon SWALLOWTAIL SPIKE LIZARD in defense mode.”
 
(Atk: 1900 / Def: 700)
 
“And whenever this monster is summon to the field, I gain 1000 Life points. Ha, ha, ha!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 1700 / Mykan 3500)
 
Mykan's thoughts: “He's just boosting up his life points so he'll have enough to use when her brings back his Egyptian God Card. There has to be a way I can beat him.
 
Marik: “Heh, heh, heh! Now I end my turn.”
 
Mykan: “All right then… my move!”
 
(Draws)
 
“I summon, GAZELLE KING OF MYTHICAL BEASTS in defense mode!”
 
(Atk: 1500 / Def: 1200)
 
“Now, I'll place two cards face down, and end my turn!”
 
Marik: “Ha, ha… Poor, pitiful Mykan… defend all you wish… it is hopeless to think you can save yourself.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Have you forgotten about my Raging Flame Sprite's Special-ability? Then perhaps shall remind you as I send it to attack you directly!!”
 
(Atk: 1800)
 
Mykan: “GRR!! OOH!!”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 1700 / Mykan 1700)
 
(Part of Alex fades)
 
(Atk: 1800) Becomes (2800)
 
Jerry: “I say… now they both have the exact same amount of life points.”
 
Sabrina: “This could very well be it. This turn could decide the fate of the whole match.”
 
Marik: “Ha, ha, ha!! Now Mykan, the time has finally come. I am about to destroy you once and for all, but why do that with my Raging flame Sprite when I can do it in a bigger considerably, more powerful burst of power!”
 
“Now I shall Play MONSTER REBORN, and use it to summon forth my Egyptian God Card!!”
 
(Field Rumbles)
 
Alex: “Oh no… this can't be good!”
 
(Lightning flashes)
 
Marik: “Now, my Winged Dragon of Ra… Emerge in your unstoppable Phoenix-mode!!”
 
(Ra Appears)
 
Mykan: “Oh no! It's Ra!!”
 
Marik: “Mykan… Stare into the face of defeat. Now once I activate Ra's special ability, it will instantly incinerate all you monsters and finish you off now!!”
 
Mykan: (Chuckles)
 
Marik: “What's this?! Why are you laughing?”
 
Clover: “Check it out… Mykan must have something really big up his sleeve.”
 
Sam: “Let's just hope it works.”
 
Mykan: “Marik, your Egyptian God Card's effect may be all mighty and powerful… but I can rest assure you… its not going to work this turn!!”
 
Marik: “Impossible! Nothing can stop the furry of the Winged Dragon of Ra! NOTHING!!”
 
Mykan: “Well you're partially right, but mostly misinformed.”
 
“While it is true that most Magic and Trap cards have no effect on Egyptian God Monsters, but this card isn't Targeting Ra at all.”
 
Marik: “What? How can this help you? I don't understand.”
 
Mykan: “I'll let my move explain it to you then. I play my face down card POISON OF THE OLD MAN!!”
 
Marik: “No! Not that card!”
 
Mykan: “That's right Marik… and the power of this Magic-Card will cause you to lose 800 of your life points…”
 
SCORE: (Marik: 900 / Mykan 1700)
 
“… Now Marik, you don't have the points you need to activate Ra's effect!”
 
(Marik Growls)
 
(Ra vanishes)
 
Marik: “My Egyptian God Card may be gone for now… but don't think it is gone for good.”
 
“I shall play POT OF GREED so that I may draw another two cards.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Heh! And now I play MONSTER REINCARNATION!!”
 
Mykan: “Oh. no!”
 
Marik: “Oh yes… now I shall discard my card to the graveyard… in order to bring my Egyptian God Card back to my hand!”
 
“And now… I also play my last card… SOUL EXCHANGE!!”
 
Mykan: “No! Not That!”
 
Marik: “Yes… and now I can take one of your monsters and Sacrifice it along with my other two. So I choose to sacrifice Your Gazelle, along with my Swallow Tail Spike Lizard, and my Raging Flame Sprite… to Summon Ra back to the field!!”
 
(Gold Sphere appears)
 
Clover: “Look! it's that golden Sphere again.”
 
Sam: “Yeah, I remember. Ra's locked up in that glowing ball.”
 
Marik: “My Egyptian God Monster is locked in the Sphere of light… but I shall now Release it by reciting the ancient chant.”
 
(Folds hands)
 
-Great Beast of the sky,
please hear my cry.
Transform thyself from orb of light,
And bring me victory in this fight.
 
(Sphere rumbles and glows madly)
 
-Envelope the desert with your glow,
and cast your rage upon my foe.
Unlock your powers from deep within,
So that together we may win.
Appear in this Shadow Game,
As I call out your name…
 
WINGED DRAGON OF RA!!
 
(Ra Appears and ROARS!!)
 
(Atk: 6200 / Def: 2100)
 
“My mighty Egyptian God Card has returned to the field, but just feel fortunate that using my Soul-Exchange card means I may not attack this turn, but it matters not…”
 
“I now have all that I need to destroy you on my next turn. So Make your move, Mykan. I promise it will be your last. Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
Mykan: “I wouldn't gloat just yet if I were you Marik…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Hmm. I've just drawn one of my favorite Magic-Cards… CHANGE OF HEART!!”
 
Marik: “Ah!”
 
Mykan: “Now with the power of this Magic-card, I can control one monster on your side of the field.”
 
Marik: “Ha! A very impressive maneuver, but it's too bad for you that Ra cannot be controlled by a simple little Magic-Card. I'm afraid you've wasted your move!”
 
Mykan: “Wrong again, Marik. I know your Winged Dragon of Ra can't be controlled so easily… but that isn't the monster I'm after.”
 
Marik: “What?!”
 
Mykan: “You heard me right. I'm planning to take control of your Egyptian God Slime. COME TO ME!!”
 
“I don't know too much about your cards… but I do know that this monster of yours is made up of two monsters. Which means, I will be making a double-sacrifice.”
 
“Now I shall sacrifice your Egyptian god Slime, composed of your Metal Reflect Slime, and Revival Jam… and I shall activate Obelisk's special effect!”
 
Obelisk… (Atk: INFINITE)
 
Mandy: “That's right… with that move, now Obelisk's attack power is infinite for this turn. Marik doesn't stand a chance now.”
 
Mykan: “Marik, Prepare to feel the agony of defeat! OBELISK THE TOURMENTOR… ATTACK NOW!!”
 
(Atk: INFINITE)
 
“Marik… you're finished!”
 
Marik: “Not yet I'm not. I reveal my Quick-play card… CLASS SYSTEM!!”(anime card only)
 
(Attack fails)
 
Mykan: “What's this? Obelisk's attack didn't work.”
 
Marik: “That's because my Magic-Card makes it so Ra can only be destroyed by a monsters who's level is greater than that of its own, and since both our monsters are equal in power… you Attack was blocked, and Ra spaces unharmed.”
 
Clover: “Awe… come on… that was such a cheap shot!”
 
Sam: “Man… are we ever going to get this creep off our backs?!
 
Marik: “Mykan.. you will never destroy my mighty Egyptian God Monster. It's simply much too powerful, and in just one more turn, it will be ready; ready to crush you and send you away to the Shadow Realm forever.”
 
“It's all over for you Mykan… VICTORY WILL BE MINE!!” (Maniacal Laughter)
 
TO BE CONTINUED