Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Two Sides of the Coin ❯ Tails - The Dark Side ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, here's the final part. . .

Pairings: Yami/Ryou, Seto/Bakura, Marik/Malik, Joey/Yugi, Tristan/Tea

TWO SIDES OF THE COIN

- - -

Tails - The Dark Side

- - -

"I love you." I heard Ryou whisper. He had said it many times, and I know for a fact that he did love me. I wish that I could feel the same.

"I love you too." I hear myself whisper back. It was a lie of course, and only I knew it, though I think Yugi had his suspicions. I had to lie to Ryou though, other wise he'd be hurt beyond belief, and even though I don't love him that way, he is still a close friend to me and I don't want to see him hurt.

I felt him smile, "Tonight…" He began shyly, "I want you to take me." He whispered into my ear and I closed my eyes. I had been dreading this moment but I had known that it would come up sooner or later. Ryou deserved to have his first time special; he deserved to be taken by someone who didn't think of him as only second best.

And no matter how hard I tried, that's how I felt.

"Are you sure?" I asked, making sure to give him time to back out. I knew he was nervous, but so was I. I usually tried to avoid touching him other then being friendly. He wasn't the one I wanted to be with.

"Completely." He said and smiled that shining smile he seemed to have and all I could do was nod, giving him a promise of what would come that night. I'd touch him in places no one else has. I'll see a side to him that nobody else has. And I'll lie to him more than anyone else has.

I'll tell him I love him when he wants me to. I'll give him empty promises of eternal happiness. I'll be gentle as I take him and I'll even call out his name.

But he won't be the face I see beneath me and his voice won't be the one I hear. It won't be his body I'll be in and it won't be his innocence I'm taking.

Or stealing.

And after the lies will continue and more pointless promises will be made. I'll still tell him that I love him and pretend that he's the only one I want. I can't let anyone, especially him, know that it's someone else that I long for, that it's someone else that I dream about. That dream is impossible anyway, so I might as well settle for second best.

Because if I can't get the original, then I'll just have to settle with the reincarnation.

- - -

The End