Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unbelievable Connections ❯ A Broken Heart and an Exchange Student ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! However, I DO own the two new students.
 
In this fic, I made Marik's age really whacked. I know what I portray him to be is not really how old he his (and yes, he will be in this fic later). So, just don't complain and tell me he's not really that old because I already know he's not.
 
Chapter 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It was the next day - Thursday - right before school started. Marissa was collecting materials from her locker.
 
“Hey, Marissa!” called a voice. She looked up and saw Duke running towards her. She faked a smile.
 
“Hi, Duke,” she said when he reached her.
 
“I was wondering if you were free tomorrow afternoon.”
 
“I think I'm free. Why do you ask?”
 
“I was thinking that we could go see a movie a something like that.”
 
“Sur-wait a sec….…Is this a...*gulp*...a date?”
 
“Uh...yeah, I guess,” he answered cautiously.
 
The book that was in Marissa's hand fell to the floor with a thud. Duke looked worried. “Duke...Duke...I'm really sorry...but...I...I already have...a boyfriend,” she stuttered. She quickly closed her locker. She ran off to her first class, leaving him shocked and seriously upset.
 
“Figures...” he mumbled as he slowly walked to his class.
 
“What have I done? What have I done?” she asked herself running down the opposite side of the hallway. “And what am I going to do about it?”
 
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
 
A few minutes later, Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Tea were seated in history. The door opened to reveal none other than Ryou Bakura.
 
“Hey, guys,” Ryou called. He walked over to Yugi and his friends.
 
“Long time no see,” Tristan called back. Ryou sat down at a desk next to them.
 
“Yeah, where have you been?” asked Yugi.
 
“I had pneumonia,” answered Ryou. “That's why I wasn't in school.” They nodded their heads understandingly.
 
“How do you spell `pneumonia'?” Joey asked seriously. Everyone else was dumbfounded.
 
“All I know is that it begins with a `p,'” replied Tea.
 
“But that doesn't-”
 
“Quiet, please!” yelled the teacher. Soon, all the kids were silent. “We have an new exchange student joining us today. Please welcome your new classmate, Keline Magentos,” [kh-lean ma-gain-toas (`toas' as in the beginning of `toast')] the teacher continued.
 
The door opened once again. In walked a boy about the kids in the class' age. He carried an old-looking, brown briefcase. He had hair the length of Ryou, except with the color of chocolate, tan skin, and eyes the color and hardness of coal. Of course he wore the school outfit, but he also had on...
 
“Yug, I didn't know gloves were in the dress code,” Joey whispered to Yugi.
 
“They aren't,” Yugi replied. He looked at the new kid's hands, which were covered by black, leather gloves.
 
“Why does he get to wear them, then?” Yugi only shrugged.
 
Keline Magentos said nothing; only frowned as if he dreaded being where he was. The girls sighed in awe. They whispered to their nearby friends about how cute he was. The teacher told him where to sit. He walked to the desk majestically, sat down, and leaned his briefcase on the chair. The girl who now sat behind him looked like she was about to faint. Joey and Tristan looked at each other and stuck out their tongues. This aroused giggles from around the classroom.
 
“QUIET!” yelled the teacher. Instantly, silence shrouded the class. “Open your math books to page 427 and do #1-39, odd, while I correct the quizzes.” The kids all obeyed. Every now and then, the girls would sneak peeks at Keline, then flutter their eyes and sigh. Ten minutes later, they checked their answers. Once, the teacher called on Keline asking, “Mr. Magentos, the answer to number 17, please.”
 
“The square root of 59 over 2,” Keline answered in a tone that said, “I'm incredibly board and that answer was obvious so you could have asked anyone.” He had a hard-to-place accent. All the girls gushed to each other on how it was so cute.
 
Eventually, the lunch bell rang. The students collected their materials and piled out of the classroom. Yugi, Joey, Tea, Tristan, and Ryou stepped out the door to see an angry and upset Duke Devlin step out of his class. He started to march down the hall without saying a word.
 
“Duke! Wait!” called Marissa as she came out of the classroom. “Duke!” But he just walked on through the lunch room doors.
 
“Let me guess,” Tea said sadly. “You broke the news to him?” Marissa looked at the group and nodded.
 
“I feel so bad for him. I would really like him as a friend, but that's it - just a friend.”
 
“Hey, don't worry about it,” Tristan comforted. “He'll get over it. And then you can be friends.”
 
Marissa tried to smile. “I guess your right, Tristan.”
 
Suddenly, there was a loud *thunk.* Everyone looked over to the source of the sound. Who stood there was none other than Keline Magentos - a.k.a. the new kid. He had dropped his briefcase, which was now lying on the floor beside him. His eyes were open wide. He was staring at Marissa. She stared back at him with the same amount of surprise.
 
“Riss??” he asked cautiously and quietly.
 
“Kay??” she asked back.