Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire story ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own YGO. Although I wish I did because then I would keep Bakura all to my self ^_^ but lucky for you I don't.
Bakura: And I am glad for that.

Vampire story
Prologue: The Vampires & Hunters

By Yami Kitsune

Every one has there own ideas of vampires. Legends say that they can't look at crosses, and they can't go into sunlight. Most say that they could pass off as humans if they wanted to. Well all of this is true, there are vampires that can't go into the sunlight, and there are some that can. You see there are many different races of vampires, like there are humans. Humans you have blacks, whites, red skins. You could go on and on; it is the same with vampires. Only instead of different colors you have. How do I say this? Different types, you could say.

The most deadly vampires that I know of are the ones that can come out in the daytime and not worry about the sunlight at all. They can pass off as normal every day humans.

And then you have the ones that can't go in the sunlight to often other wise they burst into flame, they can pass off as humans at nighttime.

And finally the very rare vampires that used to be little children. There have not been that many around ever sense the head vampire declared that children couldn't be made into vampires any more, and that the ones that were left were to be killed.

There are only a small handful of these vampires left in the world. They could look like humans once they learned how to hide their wings in there back, but these vampires can never hide their fangs. They are also the only vampires who can have feelings. But only three of them really care, and show their feelings now.

The first is Yugi, he doesn't remember his last name; he is about 230 years old, he looks like he is about 12 but when he was changed he was almost 16. He never liked killing humans but he has to, to survive. Other vampires might be able to survive on animals but not this kind. They are not strong enough to; if they ever tired then they would be dead with in a month. Now Yugi is pretty much the oldest one out of his little group, there is only one that is older then he, but only by a month.

Ryou is the youngest. When he was changed he was 14 and a half. He is slightly taller then Yugi is. He never goes out hunting with the other two; they always have to bring him back someone. If they didn't he would not be able to survive. He spends his time watching the rats fight over little blocks of cheese they find. He could never find out the resin humans didn't like rats. Sure they were not the prettiest looking animals living, but when they were the only pets you have ever had they can be quite fun.

Malik is the oldest in this small group. He hunts the most to help out Ryou and Yugi. Some times Yugi will stay behind with Ryou to make sure he doesn't try any thing stupid while Malik hunts for humans. And if hunters start getting on their trail he confuses them long enough for him to get Yugi and Ryou to a safer place. He has been listening to random vampires as they pass threw town; they keep talking about how many more vampire children have been killed. Form what Malik can figure out, there are only about 10 left in the whole world, and the head vampire has said enough killing leave the demon children to them selves.

~*~ The hunters, there are less hunters then there are vampires. Only because few humans want to get wrapped in this secret war, there are only about 15 in each country. And more then 1,000 vampires in each country as well. The number of vampires are decreasing but not as fast as the hunters are.

There are 6 hunters in this city, the first one is Yami. He is 16 yeas old, and the leader of this group of Hunters. He has been hunting vampires with his two best friends sense he was 10, yes I know that is a little young for some one to start hunting but he was attacked by a vampire one night and he vowed to stop all of them from killing more humans even if it killed him in the process.

Bakura his one of Yami's best friends, they fight a lot and don't always see eye to eye on things. But the one thing they do agree on is killing ever last vampire on this earth. Bakura has always believed in vampires. His grandmother told him about how his grand father was killed by one many, many years ago, before he was even born. He promised her that he would hunt down and kill the vampire that did that to his grandfather.

Marik was Yami's other best friend. He kept mostly to himself, but he was also the one who knew the most about vampires. He has a bit of vampire blood in him. Not much but enough for him to be able to sense when another vampire was close. He doesn't need blood to survive so he is lucky there. The only two who know about his vampire blood are Yami and Bakura. The others think he is a physic, and he didn't have a problem with that. And if they found out about his vampire heritage that would fine with him to, but they have to find out if they wanted to know.

Joey is a friend of Yami's and found out that Yami was a hunter when he saw him fighting a vampire one time. He thought it looked cool. He had gotten his head bitten off by Yami for saying that. Yami had yelled at him saying that it was not 'cool' but dangerous, Joey had gone home after that and didn't see Yami for a month. But when he did see him he asked if he could train him to be a hunter as well. He was trained and accepted to the team.

Tristen was a hunter who was pretty much teaching himself. And almost got him self killed, but Yami, Bakura, Marik and Joey showed up and saved him. Marik had yelled at him asking him if he was stupid or something. He answered no. He wanted revenge on the vampire that killed his family. They under stood what he wanted and offered to teach him. After a while he loosened up, and now him and Joey were best friends and did almost every thing together.

And finally Seto. He was a lone vampire hunter, did every thing on his own and was labeled one of the best hunters that lived. He and Yami were two of the best hunters out there. When they had run into each other while chasing the same vampire, Yami had offered him a spot on the team. He said he had to think about it, it took two months and when they saw each other again Yami had found out about Seto's little brother and told him that if he joined the team Mokuba would be better protected. Seto had agreed after that.

These six hunters have been together for 3 years now. All of them are good friends Mokuba is training to be a hunter, but is nowhere near ready to go hunting. And that if fine with him because vampires still scare him to where he has no control over his body.

TBC>>>

Ok let me know how you liked it. This is my first story like this so I hope it's ok.Well I am going to start on the first chapter Ja ne for now!