Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Visiting Doc Happy ❯ Visiting Doc Happy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Visiting Doc Happy

By Yamiyugikun

Author's note: Having been through the fun experience of visiting shrinks myself and taking meds, I thought it'd be cute to have Malik's yami, Marick undergo the same thing^_^ Lemme know what ya think:D. Please review

An exotic Egyptian sat in a café across the table from his friend sipping his mocha coffee. He lazily rested his angular handsome face on the palm of burnished copper hand. His piercing amethyst eyes gazed out into the space in front of him.

His lovely moon skinned friend, with stormy gray eyes and long silky hair falling about his face in layers looked at his golden haired companion across from him. "What's the matter Malik?" asked Ryou sipping his coffee.

The beautiful golden hair Egyptian sighed, his marigold bangs falling into eyes below. "It's my yami, Marick, he just hasn't been himself…" mumbled Malik sadly.

"Under the weather, isn't he?" Ryou's affectionate eyes met Malik's hoping to cheer him up. But Malik didn't smile. "I know…" suggested Ryou thoughtfully. "Maybe he feels lonely, like no one understands him."

"You're right…" Malik smiled sadly holding his friend's hand. "But what can I do?"

"Uh…maybe a physiatrist might help?" shrugged Ryou.

"You're right!" exclaimed Malik, his violet amethyst eyes lighting up excitedly. "I will see one right now!" Malik jumped up from the table, waving goodbye to Ryou, then dashed out of the coffee shop down a few blocks to the Domino Physiatry Center.

A smiling woman in a white coat greeted him at the receptionist's desk. "Welcome, do you have insurance?" she inquired.

Malik took out his wallet to see if he had anything which looked like insurance. He handed the woman a card with Egyptian written on it.

"Uh…I guess this is insurance, we'll accept it," she gladly smiling photocopying it on a machine. She then handed him a clipboard that he filled out.

He sat in the lobby impatiently flipping through the pages of a magazine before the receptionist called him. She led him down a clean white hall to the open office of a practitioner. He scanned the room to see signs on the wall, some of which read, "Violence is not the answer," "God's love will heal you," and "Accept your inner ID is your best friend." He ignored the rest of the signs taking a seat on a comfortable couch across from the physiatrist's desk with a low table on the floor dividing them.

The physiatrist turned around in his chair to greet Malik. He wore a clean white coat like the receptionist. On his face thick nerdy glasses covered half of his face. His ratty black hair stuck straight up in the air.

"What a geek!" thought Malik.

"Hello!" piped the physiatrist in a manner so happy and friendly he scared Malik. "What's your name?" asked he speaking as if Malik was a first grader.

"Uh…Malik…" he mumbled on the couch, crossing his arms already annoyed.

"Hi Malik! Isn't today's weather beautiful?" grinned the physiatrist. "My name's Doctor Happy, but you can call me Doc Happy!!" smiling widely displaying his crocked teeth making Malik tremble. He opened a drawer taking out a clipboard and pen turning to Malik again crossing his legs. "So Malik, why are you here today?"

"Umm…Marick is depressed," said Malik unsure of what to say.

Doc Happy lifted a brow blinking. "Marick? But your name's Malik…"

"Oh…" laughed Malik nervously. "You see I have this other self named Marick and he's been really down lately…"

"Oh okay," babbled Doc Happy. "Let's see…another self, that means you have Multiple Personality Disorder, and your multiple self is depressed as well, you have Multiple Depressive Personality Disorder." Diagnosed the physiatrist jotting it down on his clipboard.

"Uh…okay…" muttered Malik not knowing what the hell Doc happy talked about.

"May I meet Marick?" smiled Doc Happy even happier.

Malik cringed. This physico shrink really started to scare him. "Maybe Marick can scare him back!" cackled Malik to himself evilly.

In the soul rooms of his mind Malik wandered out of his room banging on Marick's door.

"Ra-dammit, what the hell!? I'm SLEEPING!!!" roared his yami knocking down the door.

"I've got a friend for ya to meet!" grinned Malik full of delight.

"Oooooooooo!!" pranced Marick around his soul room jubilantly waving his Millennium Rod about. "Can I mind control him and drive him crazy!?"

"Be my guest!" offered Malik happily.

"YAY! Then I'm taking over!" rejoiced Marick ecstatically.

Malik closed his eyes for a few moments before he awoke as his yami. His body grew muscular his pectorals popping out of his tank top. His neck, arms and shoulders were brawny as well. His golden hair stood straight up, and his bangs wildly shot in all directions. The golden third eye appeared on his forehead as well above his narrowing amethyst eyes.

He threw his head back roaring madly in his demonic voice, "I WILL OFFER YOU AS A SACRIFICE TO THE DARKNESS!!"

Doc Happy only smiled used to seeing crazy people. "Now, now Marick," he smiled calmly. "Read the sign above me."

"I don't read Japanese dammit! Only Egyptian!!" yelled he furiously.

"It says `Violence is not the answer.'" Read Doc Happy loud and clearly.

"Violence IS the answer! In violence and hate my spirit was born!" laughed Marick coldly, his amethyst eyes burning madly.

"Tell me about your birth," inquired Doc Happy with his pen ready.

"Well, when Malik was 10 his father carved the Tattoo of the Pharaoh's secret upon his back. Malik felt such hatred welling within his heart that I, his yami, was born from his hate. I took control of Malik's body and using the Millennium Rod, I killed his dad! HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" laughed Marick over and over falling over in the couch.

"You killed his father? That's definitely ODD, Oppositional Defiance Disorder," diagnosed Doc Happy again jotting that down. "ODD is defined as constantly rebelling against the parents and killing one's parent is a symptom of ODD."

"What the hell!?" blabbered Marick confused looking at Doc Happy's clipboard.

"I'll explain later," said Doc Happy pulling away the clipboard from Marick. "Sit down."

Marick snarled at Doc Happy showing him his set of beautiful white teeth as he sat down.

"So tell me about yourself," stated Doc Happy plainly.

"I AM THE DARKNESS!! I WAS BORN FROM, DWELL IN, AND AM THE DARKNESS ITSELF!! I ENJOY MAKING THINGS SUFFER SO THEY FALL INTO THE REALM OF DARKNESS!! DARKNESS, SUFFERING, PAIN, OH HOW I LOVE IT ALLLL!!!!" shouted Marick feeling powerful.

"I see." Doc Happy wrote that on the clipboard too. He shook his head. "You realize Marick thinking you're the darkness goes against the rule, `Violence is not the answer.' If you want to become a calm, sane citizen of Japan you must understand `God's love will heal you,' and once you are healed you will `Accept your inner ID is your best friend' thereby becoming a sane person. Am I clear?"

"Uhh…uh huh…" nodded Marick bewildered.

"Repeat after me," instructed Doc Happy quite happy. "Violence is not the answer, God's love will heal me…"

"Violence is not the answer, God's love will heal me… Violence is not the answer, God's love will heal me…" repeated Marick to himself gradually calming down. After repeating it over an hour he settled down believing God's love healed him.

"Now accept your inner ID is your best friend," added Doc Happy very happy

The poor brainwashed Marick repeated it over and over like a mantra. By the end of the session Marick gazed around the happy white room in a daze. Doc Happy wrote a prescription for him.

"Now go to the pharmacy and get those filled. Remember Marick, meds are your friend!" winked Doc Happy even happier.

Marick took the prescription down to the pharmacy receiving a bag full of meds like Colanapin, Zyprexia, Paxil and more. He skipped happily down the street eager to tell Ryou of the wonderful news.

Ryou paced back and forth outside the coffee shop. He froze seeing how oddly Marick pranced up to him smiling widely, his eyes glowing happily.

"Dude, you look shattered!" burst out Ryou doubling over in laughter.

Malik grew angry sensing Ryou laughed at him. Malik returned taking over his body.

"SHUT UP!!" growled Malik grabbing Ryou's shirt by the collar.

"Wow…calm down!" smiled Ryou nervously. "It's just that…as Marick you came back so happy!"

"Ra-dammit! My yami screwed around wasting my precious time!!" he scowled throwing down the bag of meds, jumping up and down on them.

"Woo hoo~!!" cheered Ryou giggling cutely. "You've invented a new dance, the med dance!" teased he.

"ARGG!!!" grumbled Malik chasing Ryou down the street.