Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Walk Like An... ❯ Walking accross the stage ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Walk like...

By Skitter160

A/N: This was in my head for the last three hours of work last night. Btw as the summary said there are no pairings but I do hint at who I ship. Well enjoy!

The night had started smoothly enough for the gang, Joey hadn't cussed out Kaiba yet, Duke and Tristan weren't bickering over Serenity, and Yami hadn't threatened Marik. Yugi just knew something would happen, of course it would seeing where they were.

Earlier that week they had been invited by Isthar to a formal (almost informal) party at the museum celebrating the newest piece to the Egyptian collection. No one had any reason to decline and so here they were eating catered food and listening to Ishtar give her speech. As of yet nothing major had broken out between them despite the fact they were all at one table. Kaiba was even being civil to Joey, if not quite dishonestly so for any of his investors there.

It happened as Ishtar announced dancing a song began to play, an old one in humor. Yugi watched as Ishtar, Yami, Marik, Kaiba, and Bakura all jerked standing and heading to the stage looks of horror on their faces as the first line of the song played.

"Walk like an Egyptian " Their arms shot up bending at the elbow in the front their hand out straight, in the back it was opposite. Both arms looked very much like cobras about to strike and they began moving in a sort of slow walk thier hands darting back and forward. Their heads moving in the same slow motion matchiing the beat.

Joey was already laughing as well as Tristan and Duke by the second line. "Talk like an Egyptian " That's when everyone in the room noticed as all of them started singing in Egyptian to the lyrics. Joey and Tristan about fell out of their chairs while a few people around the room laughed others gaped at the scene. Even a few pointing to the rigid CEO who looked horror struck, more so than the others. But despite their looks of horror they could not seem to stop.

When the song ended the dance ended and Yugi could see the discomfort and confused looks the participates gave each other before looking at the clapping audience taking a quick impromptu bow before returning to their seats letting Ishtar explain it to the auidence as if it were planned.

"Are you ok?" Yugi asked warily as his friends rejoined them looking grumpy, while giving Joey the shut up motion as he was the only one left laughing and pointing at Kaiba and elbowing Tristan to laugh too.

"I think so." Yami answered exchanging looks with the other participates. "It appears we were lured by the dance."

“That's one way to put it.” Kaiba agreed shooting Joey a glare. “If you don't stop laughing Mutt I'll make you.”

“I'd love to see you try.” Joey shot back still chuckling and making funny faces as they continued bickering like an old married couple, though more violently.

“Get your hands off my food.” Marik was now pushing his fork over his plate as Bakura tried to take what was left of his meal.

“It didn't look like you were gonna eat it.” Bakura shot back stealing a little bit. Neither of them were very serious but they had to get their annoyance out somehow. And of course stealing was as a good a way as any.

Yugi sighed looking around the table watching it descend into maddness before stopping Yami from cursing Marik for stealing off his plate. It seemed to be going around. A small smile was present on his lips when Téa leaned over whispering to him that this was becoming way too normal. He couldn't help but agree.

+++

“Walk like an Egyptian” - is a song by the Bangles and the dance is indeed what I described. Only probably not by some ingrained need of anicent Egyptians.

Well hope you had a laugh I found the idea entirely too entertaining while I was working so I just had to share. Drop a review my way?